Was a mistake made in this school-related decision?

sylph

This is a question that my friend wanted me to do a horary for.

So the querent is my friend, and his question is: was a mistake intentionally or unintentionally made by the school?

He is asking about a school that didn't accept his son into it for next year (it's a middle school). My friend found out about their decision yesterday.

He feels that there was either something shady/underhanded going on, or that a mistake was made, as he was led to believe that his son would most likely be accepted.

I took the 3rd house lord, Mercury, as the significator for the school; and the 5th house lord, Jupiter, as the significator for my friend's son. I am not entirely sure what to make of this, although Mercury being retrograde certainly seems to point to some sort of confusion or other undesirable things going on with the school's higher-ups?

Moon in the 8th is interesting too...

If someone could elaborate on what exactly retro via combusta Jupiter means in this case, that would be great.

I have taken into account that the significator for my friend, Sun, is conjunct the MC. I personally felt that maybe this indicates he has some power/authority to influence and change the decision (as that is what he is going for next) -- what do you think?

Attachments

• school - Edited.jpg
    school - Edited.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 13