Likelihood for psychic ability?

moonmoney

Hi, there! I was hoping to get some opinions on my innate aptitude for psychic ability vis a vis my natal chart. Through personal experience, I feel like there should be something there but also feel like there may be complication.

Cancer 5th house sun
Pisces ascendant
Aries moon 1st house
Strong Scorpionic influence (?) via natal pluto transits

Can anyone offer me some insight? I feel that these placements are indicators, but I also know there is a good deal of fire in my chart...

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_moonmoney.73702.6405.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_moonmoney.73702.6405.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 48

aquarius7000

Hi,

Before I proceed to look at your chart, two questions: a) what "personal experiences" make you believe that you have psychic abilities? b) What is wrong with having fire in the chart in connection with psychic abilities.

moonmoney

Personal experience: I would really feel embarrassed if I tried to get into specifics, so vaguely: Really vivid, powerful dreams, keen intuition, the nature of my interpersonal skills, the ability to get to the heart of a matter (or a person.) A general lifelong feeling of "otherness," being attuned to something other than corporeal reality which at times feels, and the patterns I see in the types of people I attract, the information they bring to me--I seem to draw in a great many deal of people who have had psychic experiences, occult interests, or seem to be really spiritually-oriented.

I say this about fire only because it does not seem that it would mix well, from the small amount that I have learned. I may be incorrect, but that is why I am asking about it.

sylph

Try casting your chart by choosing "Sidereal" (next to Zodiac under Options on astro.com's Extended Chart Selection). You will see that you have Mercury, Venus and Sun in Cancer and Moon in Pisces. Water signs, depending on who you ask, ARE often considered psychic/connected to the unseen.

This isn't to say that it's unlikely for someone with lots of Air, Fire or Earth in their chart to be inclined toward psychic abilities/experiences. But there is a sensitivity attributed to Water signs that perhaps empowers their awareness of the unseen.

moonmoney

I will do so! I was under the impression that my moon was in Aries and that my Mercury and Venus were in Leo. Could you explain to me what accounts for the difference?

sylph

Both are correct; it's a matter of two separate zodiacal systems. There are many writings on this which explain the difference much better than I can. I know there are some explanations/discussions about it on this forum. You can also Google "sidereal vs. tropical zodiac," or something along those lines.

kimbermoon

Typically we relate the water signs and their rulers as well as their house placements as being indicative for psychic sensitivity. In this case we have Sun in Cancer, Pluto in Scorpio, with Pisces rising. Pluto in the 8th would tend to increase the likelihood, Neptune as ruler of
Pisces though, is found in earth while ruler of Cancer is in Fire.The complication you speak of probably relates to the afflictions of Saturn from the 12th H. Saturn often creates blockages and losses.Typically we relate the water signs and their rulers as well as their house placements as being indicative for psychic sensitivity. In this case we have Sun in Cancer, Pluto in Scorpio, with Pisces rising. Pluto in the 8th would tend to increase the likelihood, Neptune as ruler of Pisces is found in earth while ruler of Cancer is in Fire

In this case we have Sun in Cancer, Pluto in Scorpio, with Pisces rising. Pluto in the 8th would tend to increase the likelihood, Neptune as ruler of Pisces though, is found in earth while ruler of Cancer is in Fire. The complication you speak of probably relates to the afflictions of Saturn from the 12th H. Saturn often creates blockages and losses. Earth energies are typically considered receptive, while Fire is about inspiration and creativity.

Jupiter trine Neptune/Uranus could also be considered another indication.

ynnest

The intuitive pisces rising with neptune (primary ruler of ascendant) conjunct uranus would create transcendent psychic understanding beyond the ordinary. The first house moon (who rules the subconscious mind) certainly adds one dimension as well.

Your neptune/uranus duo residing in the 11th house of friends I would say also correlates with your experiences of attracting people with similar interests.

Hope this helps you

Y

Last edited:

aldebaran

You have a kind of "perfect Pluto", something that takes 300 years to happen.

You have Pluto in Scorpio in 8th house.

So, anything related to Scorpio you might suspect you are good at it - intuition, subtle perceptions of the World.

Your Mars is in opposition to this Pluto, so your feeling that you exist is highly connected with this much-more-than-usual high perception.

Uranus and Neptune in conjunction can be suspected of having unusual consequences, and they trine Jupiter - that makes everything to grow.

Moon in Aries in 1th house might make anything that exists in your surroudings - and it includes your phisical self - to feel very intense in a emotional way - and this water will obviously relate to your Pluto and Neptune.

I think that reading forward your whole map and seeing relations between houses, signs and planets you can find many more consequences than analysing the aspects separatedly.

I believe that any planet can have effects that could be considered "psychic" - if it envolves your mind/thoughts, there you have Mercury, 3th, Gemini, Jupiter/Sag/9 could make things "grow" and be more perceptive, Mars/Asc/Aries can make them intense, and perhaps make possible for you to act on it, who knows? Well, who knows that, won't probably tell us...

Pluto/Neptune/Uranus and the Moon are usually suspected as being doors of contact with things considered "unusual", "psychic", but I think it's more likely that any planet could participate in it - and that any kind of "functioning" in your map(I mean, houses, signs...) could relate to that also.

aquarius7000

The intuitive pisces rising with neptune (primary ruler of ascendant) conjunct uranus would create transcendent psychic understanding beyond the ordinary...
Neptune conjunct Uranus was for an entire generation and cannot be treated as a personal constellation. This would mean that all the tens of thousands born with Nep-Ura are psychic, which is a little unrealistic.

When looking at the aspects of two planets, you need to have a personal planet (like Sun, Moon, Merc, Ven, etc.) involved, not simply two generational planets (like Ura and Nep).

I do agree about the Pisces Rising and the Moon. What is more is the Moon square Uranus, and Jupiter (euler of Asc. via Pisces) closely trining Uranus, too. Instant flashes of intuition.

ynnest

Neptune conjunct Uranus was for an entire generation and cannot be treated as a personal constellation. This would mean that all the tens of thousands born with Nep-Ura are psychic, which is a little unrealistic.

When looking at the aspects of two planets, you need to have a personal planet (like Sun, Moon, Merc, Ven, etc.) involved, not simply two generational planets (like Ura and Nep).

I do agree about the Pisces Rising and the Moon. What is more is the Moon square Uranus, and Jupiter (euler of Asc. via Pisces) closely trining Uranus, too. Instant flashes of intuition.

I am talking about the specific combination of pisces rising with its main ruler neptune conjunct uranus. These generational planets therefore integrates in a more personal way, aquarious7000.

But I generally agree with what you are saying.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I am talking about the specific combination of pisces rising with its main ruler neptune conjunct uranus. These generational planets therefore integrates in a more personal way, aquarious7000...
I concur, too, with you that along with the Pisces Rising and the house placement of the Nep-Ura conjunction, that set becomes personalised to the native of the chart.:) However, I did want to mention that Nep-Ura conjunction, on its own in a natal chart, is a rather impersonal and generational constellation (without its house placement - which makes it personal). We do have astro-novices on this forum, which is why I make it a point to mention it.:sideways:

ynnest

I concur, too, with you that along with the Pisces Rising and the house placement of the Nep-Ura conjunction, that set becomes personalised to the native of the chart.:) However, I did want to mention that Nep-Ura conjunction, on its own in a natal chart, is a rather impersonal and generational constellation (without its house placement - which makes it personal). We do have astro-novices on this forum, which is why I make it a point to mention it.:sideways:

I appreciate that, thank you. I agree with you and even though the chart ruler conjunct uranus creates a more personal impact than if that would have not been the case, its still to broad to make conclusions in relation to the original question.

Y

Last edited: