Ancient Capricorn was a water sign

JUPITERASC

5000 years ago
was around the beginning of the Old Kingdom of Ancient Egypt.
That's when the Tropical Age of Scorpio became effective.
Maybe

they confused it

with tropical Virgo

which is earthy and dry?
:smile:
Does this sound reasoning include the actual existence
and influence of gods, goddesses, and mythological creatures
as depicted by the Ancient cultures?

literary proof that the ancient Egyptians
associated the terrestrial Nile with a celestial Nile
is supported by the Ptolemaic-era “Book of the Faiyum,”
a mythologized map of the Faiyum region
where deities are paired with their cult centers
and specific localities are linked with cosmic equivalents (Tait, 2003).

This notion is reaffirmed by a hymn to the sun disk Aten
from the 18th dynasty pharaoh, Akhenaten
which makes reference to a “Nile in the sky”:

“For you have set a Nile in the sky, that it may descend for them
and make waves upon the mountains like the sea” (Simpson, 1973).

Not only did the ancient Egyptians align their temples to important stars :smile:
but perhaps they followed a guiding principle
when drawing the boundaries of the districts
and establishing the cult centers of the Egyptian pantheon
and thereby creating the Nile in the image of the heavens.

petosiris

Banned
I find the thread digressing a bit too much. To steer us back on course, I have the katarche or event chart of the last voyage of Titanic.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Historic:_Titanic_Voyage

We have Cancer rising with Jupiter and Venus in trine indicative of all goodness, luxury and water. In this case - the departure of a ship. This is a common theme in Hellenistic texts.

We have Aries culminating with Saturn in it, the image of its depression with no aspect of a benefic to hinder its maleficence, it overpowers the east and it squares the Moon. It signifies the collision, and as the truth-loving Dorotheus in poem form he said, the changeable images signify the breaking of an action for another action, and for this reason he prefers the solid images angular usually.

We have the human sign of Libra at the bottom of the sea partially due to its ruler in the moist IX, the dangerous testimonies of the Lot of Fortune and Daimon, in aversion to any aspect or like familiarity be it through daylight, or through rising times, of the benefics, and present and opposed by the ruling and cruel Saturn at the top.

The astrologer Demetrius tells us that the steersman and the stern are signified by Aries, but the rudder by Cancer. In the end, those afflicted places, partially due to Mars the malefic contrary to the sect and ruler of X in the XII as well, may have influenced the disaster. The XII signifies the time before the launch, which also signifies another human error by not including enough lifeboats.

horoscope-chart5-700__radix_10-4-1912_12-00.png

Last edited:

Whoam1

Thank you for again reajusting the post. I am in fact biased to water as my dominant sign is Pisces. [Neptune in first house, lord of geneture/Sun ruler/AC ruler <jupiter> in Pisces].

david starling

My point is, Capricorn was not only an ancient Water-sign, but is a type of Water-sign in Tropical-modern as well. That sometimes cold, efficient, calculating demeanor belies the true passionate nature of the Sign en toto.

david starling

There's a sense of tragedy included in Capricorn as well. Ruled by Saturn, indicator of mortality itself, Capricorn is always aware of Father Time, accompanied by the Grim Reaper carrying Saturn's harvest scythe. In fact, "tragedy" is literally from the Greek for "cry of the goat"! Notice that we call our children "kids", the word for a young goat, apropos of this Age of Tropical Capricorn.
Speaking of the Titanic, sea-travel is a hallmark of this Age of the Seagoat, and "anything that can go wrong will go wrong" is a Saturnian adage. For the Ancient Romans, Saturn was god of accidental misfortune.:sad:

JUPITERASC

I find the thread digressing a bit too much. To steer us back on course, I have the katarche or event chart of the last voyage of Titanic.

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Historic:_Titanic_Voyage

We have Cancer rising with Jupiter and Venus in trine indicative of all goodness, luxury and water. In this case - the departure of a ship. This is a common theme in Hellenistic texts.

We have Aries culminating with Saturn in it, the image of its depression with no aspect of a benefic to hinder its maleficence, it overpowers the east and it squares the Moon. It signifies the collision, and as the truth-loving Dorotheus in poem form he said, the changeable images signify the breaking of an action for another action, and for this reason he prefers the solid images angular usually.

We have the human sign of Libra at the bottom of the sea partially due to its ruler in the moist IX, the dangerous testimonies of the Lot of Fortune and Daimon, in aversion to any aspect or like familiarity be it through daylight, or through rising times, of the benefics, and present and opposed by the ruling and cruel Saturn at the top.

The astrologer Demetrius tells us that the steersman and the stern are signified by Aries, but the rudder by Cancer. In the end, those afflicted places, partially due to Mars the malefic contrary to the sect and ruler of X in the XII as well, may have influenced the disaster. The XII signifies the time before the launch, which also signifies another human error by not including enough lifeboats.

horoscope-chart5-700__radix_10-4-1912_12-00.png
Very useful post, thank you :smile:

Whoam1

My point is, Capricorn was not only an ancient Water-sign, but is a type of Water-sign in Tropical-modern as well. That sometimes cold, efficient, calculating demeanor belies the true passionate nature of the Sign en toto.

In curious on the elemental nature of Mars, espically in a sign like Capricorn. The most ancient cultures associated Mars with Scorpio, sag, and Aries. However I'm wondering if he is more like a water ruler than a fire ruler. Being stormy or torrent one moment and calm the next.

Sagcap88

Yep, the sea goat. Like it’s ruler, Saturn, Capricorn has plenty of water, albeit in the form of rings of ice.

Cap is an earth sign but it’s inner essence is water. Caps just struggle to express this humane side of themselves (I know firsthand...)

Whoam1

Yep, the sea goat. Like it’s ruler, Saturn, Capricorn has plenty of water, albeit in the form of rings of ice.

Cap is an earth sign but it’s inner essence is water. Caps just struggle to express this humane side of themselves (I know firsthand...)

Me too. Weither it's my Sun in tropical Capricorn or my exalted Mars in the constellation cap is strong within me.

CapAquaPis

2000 years ago, would a person born on December 25th be considered a...cusp Aquarius after the sun left Capricorn? Tropical astrology in the last 2000 years places Capricorn from Dec 21-Jan 19...and sidereal for this millennium places Sagittarius from Dec 17-Jan 15. I propose Jesus Christ isn't only a Capricorn, he has an Aquarius sun nature...and the two signs share the same planets, except Cap has Saturn (the wise scholar) as the sign's main ruler while Aqua has Uranus (the radical activist): Jesus Christ was portrayed as a wise scholar and radical activist in his time.

blacksun?

Yes the OP also applies to Aquarius. Enki seems to fit both of them.
Great deep mysteries that perhaps more spontaneously stirred emotional signs might not easily perceive as emotion at all. Its just very different, winter emotions, they flow slower like the sap in the trees.

blacksun?

No sense ignoring the obvious: The Parthenon was built for Pallas Athena, the only indisputably virgin goddess of Ancient Greece. Wise in both the arts of war, and the arts of peace. Defender of the city-state, worshipped by all city-states of Ancient Greece, and Thebes as well. Originally winged, a sky-goddess in her own right, and accompanied by her winged messenger, Nike, Athena is my choice for symbolizing the characteristics of Tropical Virgo.

Sure but thats just one city state in a whole massive epoch of the world.
The myth of the mother, the maiden and the dark lord is a more primordial archetype. Virgo as a sign is very broad and rich and, like every virgin, she radiates fertility.

I find Virgo juicy but I have her intercepted, virgin.

david starling

Sure but thats just one city state in a whole massive epoch of the world.
The myth of the mother, the maiden and the dark lord is a more primordial archetype. Virgo as a sign is very broad and rich and, like every virgin, she radiates fertility.

I find Virgo juicy but I have her intercepted, virgin.

Actually, although the Athenians had her as their specific goddess, she was very important to all the Greek city-states and Crete. She was the only true "Virgin" goddess of ancient Greece, "sprang from Zeus' brow" and was giver of victory in battle. At the same time, she was protectoress and "wise in the arts of peace". This included the ferti!ity of crops, herd animals, and the human population. The word "astrology" itself is from ancient Greece, and I use their religious beliefs as a sort of template in understanding the rulers and Signs. But ancient Sumeria (which includes the Babylonians) and ancient Egypt are also important in that regard. For example, Inanna/Ishtar includes the qualities of Aphrodite/Venus, but also includes the Goddess of Justice, as morning star. In ancient Egypt, she was Maat, goddess of truth and justice. And, Osirus is an essential addition to what Pluto's all about. The Romans have some good input as well.

Last edited: