improving health: what should I do?

sylph

I have been trying to figure this out myself, but I can't seem to pinpoint where my feeling of ill health is coming from. It is like my entire body is breaking down, and instead of being full of life + all the typically 'positive' energies, it is the opposite. Things that once functioned normally and optimally are weakened.

To give an example, the most obvious problems are with my skin, hair, nails. I just look terrible, which of course is upsetting, especially since I used to... not look terrible lol. But I also sweat without exertion, get hot flashes (not particularly normal for age 24) and have consistently cold hands and feet. Swelling in the fingers and sometimes ankles/feet/toes/calves as well. Saturn in Aquarius and in/ruling 5th house is probably at least partially responsible for the clear circulatory problems, which I've had for much of my life.

In general, I feel like I am super old and it's quite scary. Saturn, of course, is implicated again here. I push myself to keep going and to do things that I would normally do, but obviously it's difficult to ignore the HUGE difference in how my body feels.

I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong, or how to correct/reverse this. I take certain vitamins/minerals (not a complete multi though). I have tried everything to eradicate the swelling and improve circulation. Most of the time, it actually just gets worse (especially since I am apparently super sensitive to heat, so things of a warming nature increase all of my issues).

I would be incredibly grateful if someone with knowledge on this topic could assist. Thank you in advance!!

Edit: the more I think about this, the more it seems like Saturn is responsible for everything. The 4th house (which he also rules) would indicate fluid systems in the body, correct? So there's the excess sweating, edema, etc. He squares the Moon as well. Then Moon rules 10th, associated with Capricorn/Saturn: skin, hair, nails, right?

Attachments

• nataltransitsprogressions.jpg
    nataltransitsprogressions.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Ixaee

Typically I see Saturn squaring or opposing the Ascendant when someone is complaining about skin (acne, wrinkles, eczema, etc), premature aging and brittle nails. You have Saturn Sesquisquare Ascendant which is a weaker aspect, but still shows minor disturbance nonetheless.

Ascendant will always show the body - as 6th house represents your overall health.

You have Jupiter conjuncting Ascendant. This can indicate swelling or weight gain. It's normal to find this in the chart of someone who finds it extremely difficult to lose weight. Jupiter likes to do things big, so when its touching your Asc, it can indicate a large/swollen body. But a generally nice disposition (pleasant energy - the way you come across to others) also.

Mars is squaring your Ascendant. Heat, sweating, etc can be indicated here. Rashes or red tone to your skin..

Your first house ruler Libra/Venus - Venus is Squaring Neptune - Neptune rules your 6th house of health (Pisces). This, also can indicate illness in body.. as neptune can pinpoint weakness/illness or areas you should focus more delicate attention on. (in this case, your body)

You do have Venus trine Saturn though.... usual for someone who ages gracefully or gets better with age. You'll probably look better as you get older (30+ 40+).

The only thing I could recommend is -with Venus trining your Saturn- take it easy. Pamper yourself, get massages, soak in bubble baths, use cosmetics, relaxing lotions, aromatherapy, good wholesome foods, get your nails done, allow yourself to be lazy sometimes (not so overworked), do yoga, gentle exercise (nothing strenuous).. really focus on calming, resting, pampering and venus yourself up.

If you feel as though you need to see a doctor, by all means, find one. Get blood work done, if this checks out well... find a nice spa/masseuse to visit regularly or buy tools that you can pamper yourself at home with (foot soaks, etc). Make taking care of your body/hygiene/appearance a priority.

By activating and focusing on your venus, you can alleviate some tension with your Saturn issues.. (including the deep feelings of neglect and unworthiness that Saturn square moon gives you). Your body will respond well to lots of TLC and your moon in Taurus will greatly appreciate the pampering.

sylph

Thank you so much, this is very, very helpful!

Luckily (maybe since Jupiter is in the 12th) I have always been thin; and in fact, I have had my metabolic rate professionally tested and it is considered to be high. But the swelling in certain areas was a mystery to me. Also, not sure how much of a difference it makes, but this chart is a rectified birth time -- only a few minutes away from the time on my birth certificate -- so the ascendant previously was 29 degrees Virgo. As far as I've read, it's more common than not for Virgo rising to be on the thinner side. Obviously aspects and conjunctions will affect this, but I have never really felt a connection at all to Jupiter, nor do people tell me that I have any sort of Jupiterian qualities. Maybe because he is combust?

I do feel this subconscious need to always be pushing myself and my body, perhaps due to the Saturn sq Moon energy that you mentioned. So you're probably right, all that's really needed is a bit of pampering, letting myself feel as though I deserve to look and feel good versus taxed and unhealthy. It's like, on a deep level, I am programmed to believe that I will get some sort of "reward" if I am constantly stressed. I really need to hammer it into my head that I won't be rewarded, but rather, damaged -- and I'll have no one but myself to blame for it :unsure:

I am glad you worded the doctor thing the way you did, because I have felt like maybe I should go to one, but I know they most likely would not find anything wrong with me. No doctor could possibly help me in the way that you just did anyway! You got right to the root of the problems, I think.

I appreciate this a lot and now my Virgo nervousness is allayed :lol: Thank you again!!

Frisiangal

Hi,
Saturn in harsh aspect is said to refer to the physical body's 'weak spot', so it is for you to ask yourself what is it about Saturn's retrograde position in Aquarius's abstract mentality (Air) that you experience difficulty dealing with.

It may not be so much Saturn that is to blame for the physical problems but the importance of planets in Capricorn in your chart.

A planet in a house is said to be a primary factor. The first house deals with the physical constitution, so even if your birth chart has been corrected from Virgo to Libra it would still have Venus in its ruling sign in Libra in harsh aspect to Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. In the chart provided secondary progressed Ascendant is exactly conjunct natal Venus, which would concur with the onset of recent problems of 'looking terrible', yet with symptoms possibly beginning with its square to Uranus-Neptune.

Libra has rulership over the positive filtering system of the kidneys (urination), and also the hormone (im)balance. Venus is on the Ebertin anatomical degree for the renal area. When Neptune makes harsh aspects to a planet, it can weaken or contribute to a malfuntion of its effects. With Neptune in Capricorn, and modern ruler of Pisces on 6th house cusp, if there is any difficulty in releasing toxic fluid from the body, the water will be stored in the body. This can account for fluid retention swellings rather than swellings of substance, as might be produced by Jupiter's rulership of Pisces.
Uranus in Capricorn is part of the square aspect and through its modern rulership of Aquarius, and in Mutual reception with Saturn in Aquarius, there can be difficulties in the lower leg, calves and ankles.
Neptune of Pisces has rulership over the feet; in Capricorn.... cold feet (in more ways than one?)

Moon is an emotional storage container and rules all fluids of the physical body. It is part of the FIXED grand cross with Saturn, Pluto, and Chiron the only planet in Fire(heat resistant!!), yet at the same time trines Uranus-Neptune. An 8th house Moon may not like showing it has feelings, keeps everything inside, whereby fluid increase in the body occurs. Pluto in its own sign could be likened to 'digging one's own grave'.

As you said, Saturn rules the outer skin, hair and nails. Aquarius could produce cracked nails, unmanageable and split ends of hair. OTOH, HAIR hair was once all the rage in your 5th house parents youth!:smile:

If you look at the secondary progressions (in green of outer ring), you will see that the personal planets are all aspecting planets in the natal chart.
It might be worth your while to think about what this means to you, not only on a physical level but also on the mental-emotional level.

Holistic medical astrology attributes physical disorders as the result of not applying planetary functions in the manner of their intent:wink:. The Medical Profession has other views and it would be very wise to consult a physician for a diagnosis based on your symptoms.

sylph

Thank you SO much! This really sheds some more light onto things. I can't tell you how grateful I am :innocent:

A planet in a house is said to be a primary factor. The first house deals with the physical constitution, so even if your birth chart has been corrected from Virgo to Libra it would still have Venus in its ruling sign in Libra in harsh aspect to Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. In the chart provided secondary progressed Ascendant is exactly conjunct natal Venus, which would concur with the onset of recent problems of 'looking terrible', yet with symptoms possibly beginning with its square to Uranus-Neptune.

Libra has rulership over the positive filtering system of the kidneys (urination), and also the hormone (im)balance. Venus is on the Ebertin anatomical degree for the renal area. When Neptune makes harsh aspects to a planet, it can weaken or contribute to a malfuntion of its effects. With Neptune in Capricorn, and modern ruler of Pisces on 6th house cusp, if there is any difficulty in releasing toxic fluid from the body, the water will be stored in the body. This can account for fluid retention swellings rather than swellings of substance, as might be produced by Jupiter's rulership of Pisces.

Yes, I have been feeling like there is something off with the kidneys, as everytime I drink something I am urinating quite a bit not too long after. The liver doesn't feel right either -- I often have an intense heat in that area which spreads to my chest. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, though I'm not saying this is necessary in order to create a toxic or energetically stuck liver.

Moon is an emotional storage container and rules all fluids of the physical body. It is part of the FIXED grand cross with Saturn, Pluto, and Chiron the only planet in Fire(heat resistant!!), yet at the same time trines Uranus-Neptune. An 8th house Moon may not like showing it has feelings, keeps everything inside, whereby fluid increase in the body occurs. Pluto in its own sign could be likened to 'digging one's own grave'.

Absolutely. I am going to work on expressing more (in appropriate ways); I do see the correlation.

Last edited:

sylph

Also, not to sound like a massive complainer, but I left out a few other things and I just want to see if my understanding is correct (about where they are coming from in the chart):

- upper back pain
- heart palpitations/rapid, racing heartbeat
- spinal misalignment (vertebrae right below my neck sticking out in a weird way) and posture looking bad

So obviously the first thing I think of is Leo. Can I assume that it's a combination of Chiron in Leo, Saturn in the 5th and in Leo's opposite sign?

The problems with my back began when I was in a bad relationship (with a Leo guy no less). It's always weird to think about, since that was in 2010 -- a long time ago to still be suffering. It's not as though I am in physical pain because I have been unwilling to express my emotions about this situation. In fact, this is partially why my parents and I no longer speak; because they didn't want me to express emotions.

My posture is no longer the regal, tall, healthy, straight kind that I worked on having (although I'm trying to be conscious of this and stand better).

No matter what, it does seem like this all really does come down to emotion. I was pretty much aware of this, but I have been doing so much work to move the emotion out of my body and heal. It's a long and arduous process, and you sometimes question if it's even doing anything because you don't feel any better/different.

Last edited:

sylph

Ha, yeah, it's all pretty clear now. I realize that -- although I've been triggered into feeling this way (weak, incapacitated, lifeless) at different times in my life, due to external circumstances -- this last 'heartbreak' experience with the Leo guy in 2010 was a major thing for me, and it created a much longer lasting effect + impact on my health/physical body than I am used to.

Rahu was transiting over my Uranus/Neptune conjunction during that time. It was definitely a heavily karmic-feeling time for me, particularly due to the relationship itself (Uranus ruling 5th house? I am looking at that for the relationship rather than 7th).

Thus it seems like it would be a good idea to try and remedy whatever inherent weakness I have due to the Uranus/Neptune square to Venus. I'm not sure if this is something you would feel comfortable confirming for me, Frisiangal, but does it seem logical to maybe drink some teas with herbs for strengthening, detoxing and improving kidney function?

Frisiangal

Hello again,
Thank you for the feedback of my previous post, which is always so helpful
in understanding how astrology works and can prove itself and its value.:smile:

I only gave a possible correlating planetary evaluation of your symptoms, yet the all but one last sentance of my post is of importance when looking at health issues through the modern psychological approach rather than the traditional 'fated' perspective. The outer planets would not even be recognised in delineation of matters pertaining to health.

What immediately springs out in your chart is the planets involved in the FIXED T-square (and the eventual addition of Chiron to form a grand FIXED cross). Moon and Saturn are both concerend with the conditioning of/from behaviour patterns, Moon-Pluto(in its own sign) aspects would suggest a strongly compulsive obsessional factor, whilst the energies within Saturn and/to Pluto regarding control are well-known.
Moon plays a large role in the forming and pre-maturity years, and too often relates to the origin of later physical complaints. A strong Sun is a necessity to overcome its negative influence, and this may not be so easily forthcoming when in self-imprisonment in the 12th house. Virgo looks at the world through a logical (and you used the word in your last post!!) lens.
I compare the 12th house with the Lost and Found department or the cupboard under the stairs where everything is stored for possible further use. In both cases, there's a necessity of getting rid of what's no longer useful and finding and utilising what is.

It isn't only a question of taking measures to relieve physical symptoms, but in understanding the unattended mental-emotional root cause of a problem that lead to them in the first place, yet can be rooted out and eliminated.
Unfortunately, playing ostrich may seem a good game, yet it doesn't make the problem go away.

- upper back pain
- heart palpitations/rapid, racing heartbeat
- spinal misalignment (vertebrae right below my neck sticking out in a weird way) and posture looking bad

So obviously the first thing I think of is Leo. Can I assume that it's a combination of Chiron in Leo, Saturn in the 5th and in Leo's opposite sign?

I would tend to agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that the combination is not linked to the 1st or 6th houses normally concerned with physical indispositions. The Leo-Aquarius axis has rulership over the spinal cord and the vertebrae comprising it; the backbone.
Taurus rules the neck area. Is it coincidence that natal Moon is on Ebertin's anatomical degree for 'neck nerves connecting with the spinal cord' and aspects both rulers of Aquarius??? As well as calves and ankles, Uranus is said to rule the vertebrae as a whole,and the circulatory nervous system. Is it sheer coincidence that it is conjunct Neptune, modern ruler 6th house, in the sign attributed to the skeleton structure?
There is a saying about 'having a backbone', yet that has nothing to do with health. Do you?

The problems with my back began when I was in a bad relationship (with a Leo guy no less). It's always weird to think about, since that was in 2010 -- a long time ago to still be suffering

During 2009/2010, Uranus was transiting Pisces and would have opposed natal Sun to Ascendant in a long term direct/retrograde/direct pass, completed early 2011. Heart(Sun)-break(Uranus) may not literally occur, but the association with 'matters of the heart' is more than average. There must have been warning signs, and the break-up may have been for the best, yet which Pisces may have preferred not to see. Result? Energy and pain works inwards. Once Uranus entered Aries opposing Ascendant during the final pass, the back problems and heart palpitations became physical.

Venus-Neptune so often find an association with 'pedastal idol worship' and it's the logic and realism in Virgo that can show through proof that no one is a god and everyone is merely human.....with all its failings.
A lesson to examine that can allow one to see the light that totally changes one's attitude towards life, and hopefully improves health as well?

:smile:

P.S. I noticed you used vedic phrases. My assessment is through Western astrology and using Placidus system.

Last edited:

katydid

For your own peace of mind, it would be best to go to a very reputable clinic and have some tests and blood work done. There are so many symptoms here, some possibly involving the hormonal system and the heart/lungs and the spine. Sounds like it could be something that could be treated and reversed. :sideways:

sylph

P.S. I noticed you used vedic phrases. My assessment is through Western astrology and using Placidus system.

Yes, I knew that you were using those and I was looking at my chart from the same perspective (Western and Placidus) for this :) I only said 'Rahu' and 'karmic' because the name Rahu just comes more naturally to me than North Node, and I meant 'karmic' in the context of 'fated.' It was as if the relationship was fated (despite the fact that I strongly believe in free will).

Everything else you said in your last post makes complete sense to me and is very helpful, especially this:

During 2009/2010, Uranus was transiting Pisces and would have opposed natal Sun to Ascendant in a long term direct/retrograde/direct pass, completed early 2011. Heart(Sun)-break(Uranus) may not literally occur, but the association with 'matters of the heart' is more than average. There must have been warning signs, and the break-up may have been for the best, yet which Pisces may have preferred not to see. Result? Energy and pain works inwards. Once Uranus entered Aries opposing Ascendant during the final pass, the back problems and heart palpitations became physical.

I think the above summarizes exactly what occured with me.

As per the Venus-Neptune thing, I definitely at one point was stuck in idealizing other people. But since the collapse of that and other relationships, I haven't done this. So I tend to feel that I have already rooted out and changed a lot of the innate negative tendencies that have contributed to my physical problems. Clearly I am not fully done with my healing journey, however, or else I would be feeling well.

For your own peace of mind, it would be best to go to a very reputable clinic and have some tests and blood work done. There are so many symptoms here, some possibly involving the hormonal system and the heart/lungs and the spine. Sounds like it could be something that could be treated and reversed. :sideways:

Thank you also, katydid, I will look into this!

Golden Yod

My first thought is a glucose issue then second would be your metabolism rate may not be relatively constant.

Last edited: