Struggles Sleeping

astrobunny

The past two nights I've had a hard time falling asleep. The first night I had a hard time falling asleep, I started messing with my phone after I couldn't fall asleep and I know the phone light shining on my eyes probably kept me up even longer, but the second night, I tried going to sleep with my music in like I have always done and didn't look at my phone but still couldn't sleep.

In the chart, I'm Mars and I perfectly square Neptune who is retrograde in the 12th house, which I think could show the trouble with dreams/falling asleep? Does anyone know what house I would look to for troubles with the mind/body & determining causations?

Attachments

• sleepstruggles.jpg
    sleepstruggles.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 30

AppLeo

Sorry I'm not a horary person, but here's a list of things that help me sleep.

- Sleep in a different location (old locations of sleep trigger unwanted thoughts or old habits which force you to stay up)
- Keep sleep locations separate from any other activities. (Don't work, read, look at technology, think, or do anything other than sleeping in your bed)
- wake up and go to sleep on a schedule
- Turn off electronics and avoid all light sources an hour before bed. Get an app that regulates the amount of light dispelled from the electronic. (For example, during a sunset, the light from the computer will give off light like a sunset)
- Eat healthy
- Exercise (seriously helps regulate your energy)
- Drink DECAFFEINATED tea. Sleepy time tea is really good.
image001.jpg

- Avoid caffeine, carbs, starches, and sugar
- Take sleeping pills
- Take a shower, change into clean clothes, and change the sheets on the bed into clean sheets
- Keep sleeping room relatively cold
- Before you go to sleep, breathe in for 7 seconds, hold it for 8 seconds, and expel for 4 seconds. Repeat process if needed.
- Avoid naps and lazy activity during the day
- Download an app that helps you wake up during a light stage of sleep
- Meditate before bed
- Eliminate any stressors or constant thoughts by writing, making lists, and being productive during the day

If you follow all of these things sleeping is a slam dunk

Last edited:

Rawiri

This is probably a bit late and I hope you're sleeping better now. Horary is not really an area of expertise for me, though I use it some. The 12th house would be a fine place to look for sleep etc as you did. For your whole body/mind you of course look at the first lord as you did.

I would note its close conjunction with Saturn more than anything. Saturn is a major "fear" producer or "worry wart" and since Mars signifies you it would readily indicate something along those lines.

If you want to look at the body/mind separately then you could use the Sun as the natural significator for the first and the moon for the second and compare them.

(The moon is always valuable to look at anyway).

From this chart I would have guessed there was some fear and timidity around a conflict you had which was affecting you on some level and possibly also fear about starting a "new journey" (this due to a particular position of the moon) and confirmed by Mars being in the sign of Sagittarius which is a sign of journeying itself and also happens to be the 9th. That could be a metaphorical journey into something new.

Abby83

12th house, 12th house, 12 house is the house of sleep and the unconscious.

Your 12th house ruler is Neptune, in the 12th house, and squares you, mars, in the deep psychological hidden 8th house. 10th house ruler (Saturn) is with you too. Is your career, work, mother, public image bothering you? Are you overworked? I would guess a lot of responsibility on you these days.

astrobunny

This is probably a bit late and I hope you're sleeping better now. Horary is not really an area of expertise for me, though I use it some. The 12th house would be a fine place to look for sleep etc as you did. For your whole body/mind you of course look at the first lord as you did.

I would note its close conjunction with Saturn more than anything. Saturn is a major "fear" producer or "worry wart" and since Mars signifies you it would readily indicate something along those lines.

If you want to look at the body/mind separately then you could use the Sun as the natural significator for the first and the moon for the second and compare them.

(The moon is always valuable to look at anyway).

From this chart I would have guessed there was some fear and timidity around a conflict you had which was affecting you on some level and possibly also fear about starting a "new journey" (this due to a particular position of the moon) and confirmed by Mars being in the sign of Sagittarius which is a sign of journeying itself and also happens to be the 9th. That could be a metaphorical journey into something new.

I just started graduate school in a city environment (my undergraduate career was always in a low-key country area). I had been having anxiety about driving, but I started doing it on the regular now and am feeling a lot better about that now.

I also have been worried about my tougher course load but I'm trying to work on my organization/keeping a regular reading schedule to make it.

12th house, 12th house, 12 house is the house of sleep and the unconscious.

Your 12th house ruler is Neptune, in the 12th house, and squares you, mars, in the deep psychological hidden 8th house. 10th house ruler (Saturn) is with you too. Is your career, work, mother, public image bothering you? Are you overworked? I would guess a lot of responsibility on you these days.
I didn't realize it when I cast this, but I have been worrying about what I'm going to do about a job. I just got my license and a car and have to find a way to pay off my insurance. I started asking around friends for places to work and I could have gotten a job with a dry cleaner, at Target, etc. but my mother told me to find a job doing work with my Bachelor's degree (English). She wants me to not just take any job, but one specifically with my skill set that could allow the opportunity for a promotion.

My problem is now I have no idea how to find a job as say an editor in the area.

(Also, my sleep schedule has improved some. I don't keep my phone/head-sets near me and try to work on stuff/read for as long as possible before heading to bed, so I don't lie in bed until I'm ready to sleep.)

Abby83

I just started graduate school in a city environment (my undergraduate career was always in a low-key country area). I had been having anxiety about driving, but I started doing it on the regular now and am feeling a lot better about that now.

I also have been worried about my tougher course load but I'm trying to work on my organization/keeping a regular reading schedule to make it.

I didn't realize it when I cast this, but I have been worrying about what I'm going to do about a job. I just got my license and a car and have to find a way to pay off my insurance. I started asking around friends for places to work and I could have gotten a job with a dry cleaner, at Target, etc. but my mother told me to find a job doing work with my Bachelor's degree (English). She wants me to not just take any job, but one specifically with my skill set that could allow the opportunity for a promotion.

My problem is now I have no idea how to find a job as say an editor in the area.

(Also, my sleep schedule has improved some. I don't keep my phone/head-sets near me and try to work on stuff/read for as long as possible before heading to bed, so I don't lie in bed until I'm ready to sleep.)

Well, that does sound like a lot of responsibility! :smile:

It is very hard to make that kind of decision. You say u need to work to pay for insurance but do u really need the car? Im only asking because in my very personal opinion, I agree with your mum. I reckon getting a side job like target will only distract you from your studies and not pay much either. It's better to go for the big job that you're studying for. Even if it takes months. But that's my opinion.

astrobunny

Well, that does sound like a lot of responsibility! :smile:

It is very hard to make that kind of decision. You say u need to work to pay for insurance but do u really need the car? Im only asking because in my very personal opinion, I agree with your mum. I reckon getting a side job like target will only distract you from your studies and not pay much either. It's better to go for the big job that you're studying for. Even if it takes months. But that's my opinion.

I have to have the car. It's the only way for me to get to my classes (my mother works in a different part of town, so it's out of the way for her). :(

My mom actually wants me to get a job, but only if it's within my field (writing/editing). I have my Bachelor's right now, so I can get a job with it, but I'm not sure how to go about finding a job that isn't in retail/food,etc.

Abby83

I have to have the car. It's the only way for me to get to my classes (my mother works in a different part of town, so it's out of the way for her). :(

My mom actually wants me to get a job, but only if it's within my field (writing/editing). I have my Bachelor's right now, so I can get a job with it, but I'm not sure how to go about finding a job that isn't in retail/food,etc.

What do u mean u don't know how to go about finding a job that isn't retail. It's the same. Doesn't the university have a job network that can help? I've always found help there.

Oddity

Have you tried places like elance and odesk? It's freelance, but good editors are always in demand and it would get you some relevant experience.

astrobunny

What do u mean u don't know how to go about finding a job that isn't retail. It's the same. Doesn't the university have a job network that can help? I've always found help there.
I'll see about messaging career services. I forgot I could use the university's resources to help me. Thank you.

Have you tried places like elance and odesk? It's freelance, but good editors are always in demand and it would get you some relevant experience.
I had not heard of either of those! But I will look into them now. Thank you.

tikana

I really do not like that Mars in 8th house - anxiety?
close to saturn separating but essentially mars is weak
merc ruler of 6th is okay so i think is some kind of emotional / stress and you can see that from moon/saturn opposition

good thing mars is not fixed - temp more than likely

T

astrobunny

I really do not like that Mars in 8th house - anxiety?
close to saturn separating but essentially mars is weak
merc ruler of 6th is okay so i think is some kind of emotional / stress and you can see that from moon/saturn opposition

good thing mars is not fixed - temp more than likely

T

Thank you Tikana. I think there has been anxiety & I have been feeling all over the place emotionally (one second I'm worried about school, another second I'm worried about relationships, and then another I'm worried about family in particular, etc.)

My sleep has improved though. I think my stress and the emotional ping-pong-ing is lessening as I adjust to school/driving and make progress on my job hunt.