Random Thoughts, strictly Text

AppLeo

I mean that could happen

I think we'll see a more "libertarian" party that is much more moderate and most Americans will side with that party. Containing both right and left-wing individuals.

I see two predictions...

America continues on it's road to fascism. It's just a matter of which kind, left-wing fascism (malignant egalitarianism and cancel culture) or right-wing fascism (racism, white supremacy, neo-nazism).. The pendulum is swinging violently between the two. When it spins out of control we'll have a dictator to create order and stability.

Or, Americans realize the insanity, and resort to the a third party that maintains a moderate position similar to politics back then when no one really gave a **** about who the president was. Not everything was a political issue and we were all tolerant of each other.\\

Although, with the election of Biden, who is a rather weak leftist, I think the left-wing is this new moderate party for now. Kind of. No one likes Biden so...

Oddity

If the current dems are the moderates, I would hate to see the extremists. But I fear we will, soon enough.

Also - thinking about the speeding train wreck of the economy (and that's worldwide, but the US is leading the way with the Fed printing money like a drunken sailor) does not fill me with hope.

david starling

A lot of critics are saying that this move would only result in the Democratic party winning most elections moving forward, since a third party would splinter off voting blocs that were held together by their allegiance to the Republicans. Do you agree with that sentiment?

Politics has been a "team sport" for so long, I think it will stay that way.

When Johnson easily beat Goldwater in 1964, the Democrats were crowing that the Republican Party was finished.

Then in 1968, Nixon won in a landslide!

david starling

If the current dems are the moderates, I would hate to see the extremists. But I fear we will, soon enough.

Also - thinking about the speeding train wreck of the economy (and that's worldwide, but the US is leading the way with the Fed printing money like a drunken sailor) does not fill me with hope.

Hey Odds, I for one, am glad to see you posting again!

AppLeo

The extremists on the left aren't winning. The fact that Biden was elected gives me some hope. Or he at least he prolongs the inevitable destruction.

but im very cynical

due to the trench created between the rich and poor from COVID, whatever is left of the middle class will soon be annihilated

we are headed for economic doom, or at least a frozen feudalist caste system in which 1% will forever own 99% of the wealth

(and hey oddity! didn't know if I was every gonna see you again)

conspiracy theorist

Hey Oddman... it's good to see you're alive and kicking

About Biden, his VP is said to be the one of the most radically left-leaning, based on her stance on various policy issues. How involved do you think she is with the current governance? I don't see her as a VP in the cast of a Mike Pence.

Last edited:

Oddity

Hey guys -

Good to see y'all.

Kamala? I think it would not be crazy-talk to suggest Joe hire a food-taster. I dislike him, but as a person I feel so bad for the guy. Whoever dragged him out of the basement and told him he was running for president - throw that guy in gaol, he's beyond evil. Old people with more-than-moderate dementia should be allowed to live out their remaining time in peace, not being a puppet president.

I think Kamala's dangerous. She's also very much like Biden in his senate days. He was one of the biggest racists there, and Kamala seems to have a thing eerily reminiscent - tough on crime, especially if it's committed by black people. She was throwing (mostly black) parents in gaol because their kids were truant. Often because the kids were out sick. Not to mention imprisoning people for possession of small amounts of marijuana, whilst she was toking up. Biden round one was just pure racism, round two, well, Bill & Hillary got their private prisons, needed slaves to make them profitable, hence the crack cocaine laws.

We live in interesting times.

Bunraku

Kamala imprisoned how many people of a certain race?
Yet the party that allegedly supports/represents minorities touts her win as a win for people of color around the nation.

Bunraku

Every thread starts out with discussion, then chaotically evolves(devolves?) into JA memes.
This is the theory of entropy, applied to forum physics.

JA is the destroyer of order. Represents the end of the Universe.
Powerful being.

Oddity

I don’t like DAs anyway, but conservative populations who believe in the rule of existing law and MAGA do not have a coherent reason for disliking them.

I do believe in the rule of law. I'm an attorney, fercryinoutloud. But I also believe there are reasons to dislike the way the law is run in places. E.g., theft under 900$ is not prosecuted, but your kid missing school can land you in the nick.

Seems a bit strange, no? Regardless of which side of the fence you're on politically.

AppLeo

good times
Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 9.03.06 PM.jpg

AppLeo

the trip didn't last long
most of my messages are too cringe for me to bare

makes me want to self annihilate, destruct and erase