Middle aged grand cross. Eep!

Astropop

Hi there, I’m new here. I’ve joined because although I’ve always known of all the middle age transits (Uranus half return, Saturn opposition, Neptune square) I’ve recently realised my Uranus half return and Saturn opposition are going to be at the same time AND they're already squared in my natal chart. I don’t usually think about astrology this much but I’m worried. It’s not till the beginning of 2022 when it’s exact but any ways to be open to learning and making this less tough than it will be would be much appreciated.

So natal Uranus conjunct my ascendant at 11 Scorpio and natal Saturn conjunct MC at 15 Leo. Any ideas on how a grand cross slap bang on my astrological axis is going to affect me? Help! Female and 43 years old.

Astropop

Hi I thought i should upload my chart since this has been moved to the Read My Chart. Hope this works.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 12.21.56.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-25 at 12.21.56.png
    126.9 KB · Views: 26

Osamenor

Staff member
I have the same planets in t-square, and mine's angular, too. I'm about to turn 45, and I'm in the thick of this transit time. Mine's in late cardinal signs, though, which means I'm getting Pluto turning it into a t-square now, and it's going to stick around after Uranus and Saturn move on.

This is the time in my life when I'm becoming an astrologer.

Since you have these planets angular, they'll have been working in your life, very strongly, all along. I would expect to see some revolution/evolution in your personal identity, or professional and public identity, or interpersonal relationships, or any or all of those, as you go through these transits. Most likely, some of that is starting to happen already.

Astropop

Thank you for your reply, Osamenor!

I'm very excited to hear from someone. :w00t:

I don't quite understand what you've explained abut your transit. Are you saying you've just passed a Saturn/Uranus T square with one or both of your Saturn/Uranus?

Pluto was conjunct my Sun in the 3rd last year trining my Jupiter so there were a lot of changes in my work (my work is communications based) and I left freelance for the first time in 20 years to have a full time paid job which I really enjoy although it's very hard due to long commutes and hours. (Saturn also in the 3rd this whole time.) I have no idea how Uranus half return is affecting me because I feel most of my changes have been due to the Pluto situation. And Saturn is a good 16 degrees off at the moment so I don't think it will be rearing up its head just yet. I suppose I just have to be prepared for a hard toil and unexpected changes. I can't imagine having any major revolutions/evolutions but I suppose that's life!

curiousabout77

Uranus rules your 4th house natally so it will not only affect your relationships and significant people you meet but it will also affect your home life and the relations you have with family that give you a sense of belonging,
Saturn rules your 3rd house so it will affect your mind and how you think and see things as well as your 4th house so it seem that your ideas on what your sense of belonging means and connection to family are emphasised the most.

Astropop

Uranus rules your 4th house natally so it will not only affect your relationships and significant people you meet but it will also affect your home life and the relations you have with family that give you a sense of belonging,
Saturn rules your 3rd house so it will affect your mind and how you think and see things as well as your 4th house so it seem that your ideas on what your sense of belonging means and connection to family are emphasised the most.

That's really interesting. I don't think I ever look at signs and rulers as much as I do planets and houses. I wonder what part of my chart that tendency comes from! :biggrin:

Oh it's going to be a tough year. :sideways:

curiousabout77

I just realised the full moon in aquarius in just over a weeks time will create a cross with your uranus on the ascendent so that should give you a hint of how the uranus half return will impact you and what you should be considering or thinking about doing to create good change.

Osamenor

Staff member
Thank you for your reply, Osamenor!

I'm very excited to hear from someone. :w00t:

I don't quite understand what you've explained abut your transit. Are you saying you've just passed a Saturn/Uranus T square with one or both of your Saturn/Uranus?
The orbs aren't exact, although my t-square is a bit tighter than yours. Uranus opposition perfects about a year/year and a half earlier than Saturn opposition--average age for Uranus opposition is 43; average age for Saturn opposition (the second one--the first happens at 14 1/2 - 15) is 44-45. So, you are entering that time, and I am on the way out of it. We're both in it, though (I'm turning 45 in a couple weeks).

So, my Uranus opposition has passed, I think I've actually had my direct passes of Saturn opposition as well, although Saturn is still squaring my Uranus, because it's the latest degree. I have natal Saturn at 26 Cancer and natal Uranus at 29 Libra.

Your t-square has wider orbs, so planets moving through it hang out in the t-square longer. But because it has wider orbs, you might not feel the transits quite as intensely as if the orbs were tighter.

Pluto was conjunct my Sun in the 3rd last year trining my Jupiter so there were a lot of changes in my work (my work is communications based) and I left freelance for the first time in 20 years to have a full time paid job which I really enjoy although it's very hard due to long commutes and hours. (Saturn also in the 3rd this whole time.) I have no idea how Uranus half return is affecting me because I feel most of my changes have been due to the Pluto situation. And Saturn is a good 16 degrees off at the moment so I don't think it will be rearing up its head just yet. I suppose I just have to be prepared for a hard toil and unexpected changes. I can't imagine having any major revolutions/evolutions but I suppose that's life!

Here's some homework, if you want to do it: find the times when you had other strong transits to your t-square planets and think of what was going on in your life then. Saturn transits would be good ones to look at, because Saturn reliably makes a hard angle transit to its natal position every 7 and a fraction years.

Personally, when I look back at my hard angle Saturn transits, I see times of change, for the most part. I see that so strongly that I think of those Saturn corners as automatically propelling change. But, I was told by an astro friend that the reason why I experience it that way is because my Saturn transits also touch my Uranus and Jupiter, and I think that may be accurate.

I've also found that the hard toil I get from Saturn can be chosen, and can be a good kind of hard toil.

Some examples: I entered herbalism school with Saturn sitting on my Moon (not part of the t-square, but still a strong Saturn transit), and that gave me the willingness to buckle down and commit that's so hard for a Sagittarius Moon person like me. A couple years earlier, Saturn was squaring my Sun (and trine my natal Saturn) and I took my very first herbalism class, and got serious about astrology that year, too. I'm actually doing herbalism along with astrology.

And, when I was having my most recent Saturn square (age 37), I decided to try hypnotherapy to resolve some long standing personal issues, and it turned into a very intense, thoroughly life changing experience. I did a lot of work there, but it was good for me.

Moral of the story is, you can take Saturn's "buckle down and pay attention to this now!" energy as something it's doing for you instead of to you.

I do see your Uranus opposition affecting you in your job changes. Midlife career shifts are pretty common, and they tend to have something to do with that Uranian energy. Saturn as well, in that you're willing to buckle down and accept the commute and the long hours. Just make sure that if you're accepting the commute and the long hours, the payoff remains worth it. If that becomes something you do just to prove how dedicated you are even if you're not really reaping much benefit, then you're caught in the negative side of Saturn.

Astropop

The orbs aren't exact, although my t-square is a bit tighter than yours. Uranus opposition perfects about a year/year and a half earlier than Saturn opposition--average age for Uranus opposition is 43; average age for Saturn opposition (the second one--the first happens at 14 1/2 - 15) is 44-45. So, you are entering that time, and I am on the way out of it. We're both in it, though (I'm turning 45 in a couple weeks).

So, my Uranus opposition has passed, I think I've actually had my direct passes of Saturn opposition as well, although Saturn is still squaring my Uranus, because it's the latest degree. I have natal Saturn at 26 Cancer and natal Uranus at 29 Libra.

Your t-square has wider orbs, so planets moving through it hang out in the t-square longer. But because it has wider orbs, you might not feel the transits quite as intensely as if the orbs were tighter.

Here's some homework, if you want to do it: find the times when you had other strong transits to your t-square planets and think of what was going on in your life then. Saturn transits would be good ones to look at, because Saturn reliably makes a hard angle transit to its natal position every 7 and a fraction years.

Personally, when I look back at my hard angle Saturn transits, I see times of change, for the most part. I see that so strongly that I think of those Saturn corners as automatically propelling change. But, I was told by an astro friend that the reason why I experience it that way is because my Saturn transits also touch my Uranus and Jupiter, and I think that may be accurate.

I've also found that the hard toil I get from Saturn can be chosen, and can be a good kind of hard toil.

Some examples: I entered herbalism school with Saturn sitting on my Moon (not part of the t-square, but still a strong Saturn transit), and that gave me the willingness to buckle down and commit that's so hard for a Sagittarius Moon person like me. A couple years earlier, Saturn was squaring my Sun (and trine my natal Saturn) and I took my very first herbalism class, and got serious about astrology that year, too. I'm actually doing herbalism along with astrology.

And, when I was having my most recent Saturn square (age 37), I decided to try hypnotherapy to resolve some long standing personal issues, and it turned into a very intense, thoroughly life changing experience. I did a lot of work there, but it was good for me.

Moral of the story is, you can take Saturn's "buckle down and pay attention to this now!" energy as something it's doing for you instead of to you.

I do see your Uranus opposition affecting you in your job changes. Midlife career shifts are pretty common, and they tend to have something to do with that Uranian energy. Saturn as well, in that you're willing to buckle down and accept the commute and the long hours. Just make sure that if you're accepting the commute and the long hours, the payoff remains worth it. If that becomes something you do just to prove how dedicated you are even if you're not really reaping much benefit, then you're caught in the negative side of Saturn.

Thank you for your reply I only just read it. I think having a choice in Saturn is a wonderful way to look at it although I don't know if it's always possible!

My oppositions will both be exact in May 2021 (Uranus) and January 2022 (Saturn). But then Uranus goes retro and will come back again in February 2022 to be wonderfully grand-crossing my Saturn. I'll be aged 45. It is late for a Uranus half return but that's what Uranus is up to I suppose.

In better news these aspects will be trine other natal planets (And hence sextile on the opposition) with Pluto sextile and Neptune trine my natal Saturn and Mercury and Mars sextile and Venus trine my Natal Uranus.

I also have a speedy Jupiter conjunct Venus in February 2022 too to hopefully ease whatever burdens shall arise.