What can someone expect from 5th house transits

Zeuses

Hi all

I wonder if people have experience it knowledge of what someone can expect with the following

Jupiter, Pluto and Saturn transit 5th house. Jupiter and Pluto are in cap whilst Saturn transit Aquarius placidus)

Saturn is trine Venus 10th Gemini. That is the only aspect being made amongst the three planets

Progressed moon in 5th cap shortly to move into Aquarius.

Neptune transit 7th house Pisces

Thankyou

[please post your chart - Moderator]

Apologies. Here is the link to the chart.

https://i.imgur.com/kXnvvJg.png

Last edited:

waybread

Basically the 5th house deals with one's children (if any, or thoughts about them if hoped-for,) and one's leisure/recreational activities.

See if you can develop a kind of grammar for your chart. What does the planet symbolize? A sign shows how or in what manner it operates. The house shows the area of activity. Aspects show how two (or more) planets operate as a pair.

It's hard to come up with a cookbook for all of the transits and progressions, given that each chart is unique. But the best book I know is Robert Hand, Planets in Transit.

Zeuses

Basically the 5th house deals with one's children (if any, or thoughts about them if hoped-for,) and one's leisure/recreational activities.

See if you can develop a kind of grammar for your chart. What does the planet symbolize? A sign shows how or in what manner it operates. The house shows the area of activity. Aspects show how two (or more) planets operate as a pair.

It's hard to come up with a cookbook for all of the transits and progressions, given that each chart is unique. But the best book I know is Robert Hand, Planets in Transit.

Hi

Thanks for this. I have the Handbook but its trying yo pull it all together in how it links eg 5th house transits and seventh. I believe 5th is also romance. The three planets transiting 5th are all so different so how do you determine the impact when three diverse planets are transiting the fifth? I can read Hand again but how do I determine which will have the strongest impact?

I know that Neptune has been dreadful as it had challenging transits but none the wiser in terms of fifth with three planets together.

Last edited:

waybread

The 5th house is "romance" only in the sense of casual flings, sex for fun, flirting, one-night stands, and "just one of those things." To the old astrologers who delineated the 5th house, "romance" was an "amusement" like horse-races and going to the theater. The 7th house is for the real deal.

Traditionally Venus joys in this house. The goddess Venus wasn't so keen on matrimony as on sensuality.

Maybe a better way to look at this is not what's going to hit you from the sky, but what would be empowering vs. disempowering uses of given transits. What would be good activities to undertake with a given transit? Are you contemplating an activity that would probably go better once these transits are past; or if too slow-moving, once you see some favorable aspects to them? [This is called choice-centered astrology]

More traditionally Jupiter is in detriment in Capricorn so its "good luck" effect is supposedly diminished. I have this placement natally and I would say that it's more given me interests (hobbies?) in reading certain kinds of history, hiking in the mountains, and traditional cooking methods. Each sign has a particular relationship to time, and Capricorn is more oriented towards the past and traditions.

Saturn is domiciled in Capricorn, so its effects should feel stronger than Jupiter's. Saturn's lessons are patience, hard work, frugality, and deferred gratification. How will mastering these life skills benefit you?

Pluto demands profound change. It asks you to kill off whatever is dead or dying in your life, so that a newer truer you can emerge.

So assuming you don't have children (?) what do you normally like to do for recreation? In these days of CV-19, maybe you can even save money (frugality) with fewer activities that cost money (or are shut down, anyway) and more (free) outdoor walking or running? If you're at home a lot, maybe this is a good time to give your space a thorough cleaning, top to bottom, and then surplus anything that doesn't really support you.

Is there a hobby or activity that you would find profoundly meaningful that you haven't found time to do? Jupiter rules higher education, and maybe this is the time to take an on-line course (some are free, and many let you work at your own speed.)

Note that the root word of "recreation" is re-creation.

Zeuses

The 5th house is "romance" only in the sense of casual flings, sex for fun, flirting, one-night stands, and "just one of those things." To the old astrologers who delineated the 5th house, "romance" was an "amusement" like horse-races and going to the theater. The 7th house is for the real deal.

Traditionally Venus joys in this house. The goddess Venus wasn't so keen on matrimony as on sensuality.

Maybe a better way to look at this is not what's going to hit you from the sky, but what would be empowering vs. disempowering uses of given transits. What would be good activities to undertake with a given transit? Are you contemplating an activity that would probably go better once these transits are past; or if too slow-moving, once you see some favorable aspects to them? [This is called choice-centered astrology]

More traditionally Jupiter is in detriment in Capricorn so its "good luck" effect is supposedly diminished. I have this placement natally and I would say that it's more given me interests (hobbies?) in reading certain kinds of history, hiking in the mountains, and traditional cooking methods. Each sign has a particular relationship to time, and Capricorn is more oriented towards the past and traditions.

Saturn is domiciled in Capricorn, so its effects should feel stronger than Jupiter's. Saturn's lessons are patience, hard work, frugality, and deferred gratification. How will mastering these life skills benefit you?

Pluto demands profound change. It asks you to kill off whatever is dead or dying in your life, so that a newer truer you can emerge.

So assuming you don't have children (?) what do you normally like to do for recreation? In these days of CV-19, maybe you can even save money (frugality) with fewer activities that cost money (or are shut down, anyway) and more (free) outdoor walking or running? If you're at home a lot, maybe this is a good time to give your space a thorough cleaning, top to bottom, and then surplus anything that doesn't really support you.

Is there a hobby or activity that you would find profoundly meaningful that you haven't found time to do? Jupiter rules higher education, and maybe this is the time to take an on-line course (some are free, and many let you work at your own speed.)

Note that the root word of "recreation" is re-creation.

Thankyou very much for your insight. I'm not into flings etc but I am very much into creative hobbies and online studying. I also have a child but she is grown up now. He never ever considered myself creative but creativity has become a major focus for me recently and I am doing a lot of art. In fact I had considered pursuing a career in art therapy in the future (I used to be a therapist). I am finding creativity that I never thought I possessed. As mentioned I am doing many online courses and have always valued education (Virgo asc). I walk a lot and spend most of my time alone.

I am in essence re creating myself through creativity I never thought I had.

Neptune has been transiting my 7th house (Pisces) for some time with negative transits too so not a lot of fun. I just wonder if you may have any thoughts on this?

Thankyou again for the analysis

Last edited:

Zeuses

Just brilliant, Zeuses! It looks like you're already living these transits in a productive way.

Thankyou I was wondering what you think about the Neptune transiting 7th? How long does Neptune transit a house? Will be glad when it moves into the 8th.

Zeuses

Check an ephemeris (time-table for planets) to see when planets exit and enter your houses. There is a good free ephemeris at Astrodienst, www.astro.com.

Hi you mentioned checking the ephemeris to see how long this transit has lasted but didn't comment on what you thought the transit means. Just wondering if you had any comments.

JUPITERASC

Hi all
I wonder if people have experience it knowledge of
what someone can expect with the following
Jupiter, Pluto and Saturn transit 5th house.
Jupiter and Pluto are in cap whilst Saturn transit Aquarius placidus)
Saturn is trine Venus 10th Gemini.
That is the only aspect being made amongst the three planets
Progressed moon in 5th cap shortly to move into Aquarius.
Neptune transit 7th house Pisces
Thankyou
[please post your chart - Moderator]
Apologies. Here is the link to the chart.

https://i.imgur.com/kXnvvJg.png
individual experiences of planetary transits
vary considerably
dependent on the individual natal chart
i.e.
generalisation can be fun
but is notoriously unreliable

ASTROSEEK offers multiple FREE software calculations
- there's a FREE NATAL TRANSITS SEARCH ENGINE :smile:
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/planet-ingresses-and-particular-degree-returns-calculator

ASTROSEEK Free Natal Transits Search Engine
enables anyone to check when a particular transit last occurred
and then
recall events experienced at those previous transits
of any particular planet

Zeuses

individual experiences of planetary transits
vary considerably
dependent on the individual natal chart
i.e.
generalisation can be fun
but is notoriously unreliable

ASTROSEEK offers multiple FREE software calculations
- there's a FREE NATAL TRANSITS SEARCH ENGINE :smile:
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/planet-ingresses-and-particular-degree-returns-calculator

ASTROSEEK Free Natal Transits Search Engine
enables anyone to check when a particular transit last occurred
and then
recall events experienced at those previous transits
of any particular planet

Thankyou for my your response

Roks

The 5th house is kinda misunderstood. It is ruled by Leo. That means it rules a person's individuality and self-expression. So these can cause a complete rebirth in this area of life

JUPITERASC

The 5th house is kinda misunderstood.
It is ruled by Leo.
That means it rules a person's individuality and self-expression.
So these can cause a complete rebirth in this area of life
It's well documented that
1st house represents the focal point for the personality
and manner of expression. :smile:

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of this house
and that of its planetary ruler
indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html