Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

piscesascendant

You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated ***** who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

LOL... feel better now that you've gotten that off your chest?

MTTY05

I don't know very many Cap Moons, but one of my best friends is a Capricorn Moon and he's not emotionally cold at all. Just last night he was professing his admiration for me, and that he really values our friendship (he's like that with all of his friends). Probably one of the most emotional guys I've ever come across. I don't know what time of day he was born so I can't really say that any particular ascendant is making him more emotional, but I've never known this individual to be cold at all.

Whether he's a good representation of all Capricorn moons or not, I don't know.

piscesascendant

I don't know very many Cap Moons, but one of my best friends is a Capricorn Moon and he's not emotionally cold at all. Just last night he was professing his admiration for me, and that he really values our friendship (he's like that with all of his friends). Probably one of the most emotional guys I've ever come across. I don't know what time of day he was born so I can't really say that any particular ascendant is making him more emotional, but I've never known this individual to be cold at all.

Whether he's a good representation of all Capricorn moons or not, I don't know.

Interesting. Thanks!

serafin5

You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated ***** who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG

My goodness; why so angry? Aren't these threads about people's experiences with the people in their lives having certain signs, aspects, and combos of these that affect them? Wow (facepalm). I honestly don't remember Piscesasc. being particularly insulting to Cap moons. But insults aside, you do have a point: These threads contain statements about one small point in a chart when the entire chart should always be evaluated first.

Watching my P's and Q's,
Serafin5

piscesascendant

...These threads contain statements about one small point in a chart when the entire chart should always be evaluated first.

I'm not denying that. But like I said, the pattern of Cap moon people I've known has been as I've described it. So far. Crossing my fingers on meeting someone who breaks free of the pattern.

bubuza_dulce

I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

I don't know if I have met someone with Cap Moon but I have a serious problem with Cap Sun.

I have met someone (Cap Sun, Aquarius Venus, Gemini Moon) whom I considered "amazing" and we knew each other for almost ten years. At the end I barely managed to survive and get out of that relationship.
And I noticed that Cap Suns get to a point of being like a stone speaking of emotions. I know we should look at the entire chart but this has terrified me so (I felt like living in the house with Hitler!) that I am determined to stay away from a person that has similarities with this person's chart.
Unfortunately every person that makes a strong good impression on me seems to be a Cap.

So if you feel the same way about Cap Moon just beware and avoid the people that you think could hurt you. I hope you'll meet someone who can "break the pattern" but if you don't what's the problem, there are plenty of other Moons!:wink:

Lightrider

I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

I'm don't have a Cap Moon either, but i am known for acting and feeling like a Saturnian would do most of the time. To me, it's all about productivity. I seldom do things i think i don't need to do because it's a waste of time. It's the same when i'm faced to emotions. I don't even bother to express my emotions except when i am alone playing music because it's been detrimental for me and those around me more often than not. I am very good at putting on a poker face when it comes to emotions, i seldom lose control.

When i look at the way you post it's like when i hear someone say "i'm tired", "i'm sleepy", "i need (insert something)", etc. At first, my reaction is something like "ok". But when people keep doing the same thing it gets very annoying. Then my reaction becomes *rolls eyes, sighs and walks away*. I know that could rub many people the wrong way. But to be honest, I don't really care at that point. I have to admit i really don't like it when people do things just for the sake of it. I've been told i need to lighten up and stuff, but that's the kind of people i tend to ignore because well... they are annoying.

I wonder if some Cap Moon folks can relate to this. I really would like to know... and i also wonder if someone is willing to post a response. I know i did just out of curiosity (blame my Virgo Moon :lol:).

piscesascendant

I'm don't have a Cap Moon either, but i am known for acting and feeling like a Saturnian would do most of the time. To me, it's all about productivity. I seldom do things i think i don't need to do because it's a waste of time. It's the same when i'm faced to emotions. I don't even bother to express my emotions except when i am alone playing music because it's been detrimental for me and those around me more often than not. I am very good at putting on a poker face when it comes to emotions, i seldom lose control.
Thanks for the feedback on that.

When i look at the way you post it's like when i hear someone say "i'm tired", "i'm sleepy", "i need (insert something)", etc.
That's a curious interpretation, lol. No idea where you got that from.

At first, my reaction is something like "ok". But when people keep doing the same thing it gets very annoying. Then my reaction becomes *rolls eyes, sighs and walks away*. I know that could rub many people the wrong way. But to be honest, I don't really care at that point. I have to admit i really don't like it when people do things just for the sake of it. I've been told i need to lighten up and stuff, but that's the kind of people i tend to ignore because well... they are annoying.
Maybe you should take their advice.

serafin5

I'm not denying that. But like I said, the pattern of Cap moon people I've known has been as I've described it. So far. Crossing my fingers on meeting someone who breaks free of the pattern.

If you read my posts' you'll see that I was defending your right, and mine, to share your private experiences without being blasted by angry posters. I was just trying to not lose my temper at these angry posters and risk getting in trouble with the mods. I like yourself have had some hurtful experiences with a couple of Cap Moons (my first post). So I do understand your point.

Blessings
Serafin5

piscesascendant

If you read my posts' you'll see that I was defending your right, and mine, to share your private experiences without being blasted by angry posters. I was just trying to not lose my temper at these angry posters and risk getting in trouble with the mods. I like yourself have had some hurtful experiences with a couple of Cap Moons (my first post). So I do understand your point.

Blessings
Serafin5

That's cool. Sorry to read you've been hurt. I haven't been hurt so much as drained, like I've said. Feeling drained can be a real drag, too. I understand your points as well. Thanks.

Kannon

I was born with Moon in Cap and one of the things you need to understand is that people with this position are not emotionless. Some may fall into self-loathing and some may go overboard into being 'cold', but each are working out their own development. I wouldn't be described as cold, but normally cool socially, and passionate normally... but then I don't act, live or feel as a Moon in Capricorn person anymore, since that is the first thing that I changed about myself once I cleared my karma and had finished all those lessons.

Moon in Cap types are wired emotionally with the 'detriment' position (most often essentially karmic) in which the feeling, feminine maternal nature needs to be encased within a limited, controlled order that plays out over time. The Moon in Cap is like having to process emotionally in left-brain mode (at least in initial reactions) so as to keep on track over time. People who react to everything emotionally lose who they are and don't develop or grow as well as they could. In other words Moon-Cap types tend to conserve emotional energy and focus it relative to what the true needs are.

Its also true (unless aspects contradict) that this is one of those work-on-your-self-worth chart factors. Self-worth is built up substantively, but can become distorted through ambition or classism.

I personally was not able to satisfy myself through achievement. I never achieved anything big enough to do that. So I went into an emotional crisis at age 34 that set the stage for a total regeneration of myself and my life. When I learned that I can change anything about myself, personality, etc, this is the first thing that I changed. I am now much more like a Moon in Libra person.

Some compassion would be in order. Very often Moon in Cap types (or other strongly Lunar-Saturnine types) are unable to allow their own emotional needs to be met, to actually accept the affection of people that genuine like, admire, even love them. I was one of those. There were women who practically threw themselves at me and somehow I simply couldn't act on it. It was a terrible way to live. It was not that I didn't feel, I just couldn't seem to join emotionally with someone and enjoy their love and affection. At age 34 I had an emotional breakdown from years of 'holding in.' However, it was cleansing, truthful and allowed me to get a new start with healing.

This isn't a 'everyone can recover from having Moon in Capricorn just like me' post. Some may handle it better than I did. But I had a huge karmic load that was pinned to this chart factor.

Just understand that the 'detriment' of Moon in Cap is a choice of that Soul for their development. It does not reflect on you, and you don't have to associate with them if you don't want to. However, there may be a lesson from them that you could pick up intuitively if you seem unable to avoid them. There always is. I think the key is in your words 'distaste' and 'emotionless.' The first is subjective and can be changed, the second is simply false.

Last edited:

Kannon

That's cool. Sorry to read you've been hurt. I haven't been hurt so much as drained, like I've said. Feeling drained can be a real drag, too. I understand your points as well. Thanks.

No one can drain your energy unless you let them. Sometimes being drained comes from the exhaustion of resisting what it is that that person's presence brings. Don't fight it. The 'pattern' is yours and so are the lessons.

piscesascendant

I was born with Moon in Cap and one of the things you need to understand is that people with this position are not emotionless. Some may fall into self-loathing and some may go overboard into being 'cold', but each are working out their own development. I wouldn't be described as cold, but normally cool socially, and passionate normally... but then I don't act, live or feel as a Moon in Capricorn person anymore, since that is the first thing that I changed about myself once I cleared my karma and had finished all those lessons.

Moon in Cap types are wired emotionally with the 'detriment' position (most often essentially karmic) in which the feeling, feminine maternal nature needs to be encased within a limited, controlled order that plays out over time. The Moon in Cap is like having to process emotionally in left-brain mode (at least in initial reactions) so as to keep on track over time. People who react to everything emotionally lose who they are and don't develop or grow as well as they could. In other words Moon-Cap types tend to conserve emotional energy and focus it relative to what the true needs are.

Its also true (unless aspects contradict) that this is one of those work-on-your-self-worth chart factors. Self-worth is built up substantively, but can become distorted through ambition or classism.

I personally was not able to satisfy myself through achievement. I never achieved anything big enough to do that. So I went into an emotional crisis at age 34 that set the stage for a total regeneration of myself and my life. When I learned that I can change anything about myself, personality, etc, this is the first thing that I changed. I am now much more like a Moon in Libra person.

Some compassion would be in order. Very often Moon in Cap types (or other strongly Lunar-Saturnine types) are unable to allow their own emotional needs to be met, to actually accept the affection of people that genuine like, admire, even love them. I was one of those. There were women who practically threw themselves at me and somehow I simply couldn't act on it. It was a terrible way to live. It was not that I didn't feel, I just couldn't seem to join emotionally with someone and enjoy their love and affection. At age 34 I had an emotional breakdown from years of 'holding in.' However, it was cleansing, truthful and allowed me to get a new start with healing.

This isn't a 'everyone can recover from having Moon in Capricorn just like me' post. Some may handle it better than I did. But I had a huge karmic load that was pinned to this chart factor.

Just understand that the 'detriment' of Moon in Cap is a choice of that Soul for their development. It does not reflect on you, and you don't have to associate with them if you don't want to. However, there may be a lesson from them that you could pick up intuitively if you seem unable to avoid them. There always is. I think the key is in your words 'distaste' and 'emotionless.' The first is subjective and can be changed, the second is simply false.

Looks like I'm coming across more and more of those born with this lunar placement. It's good to read this kind of feedback, but since I was describing my personal encounters, I'll have to take your word for what you wrote. That's not to say I doubt what you write. Only that we haven't met in person to sustain or (preferably) quash this pattern of drain (considering that the focus was that I personally felt emotionally drained by being next to those who I found out later had Cap moons). I don't make a point of trying to find out who exactly has Cap moons so I can avoid them like the plague. I simply find it unique that of those I've encountered when I experience this, they've all had Cap moon. I understand your feedback on this, but that doesn't negate my experiences.

I never sad those with a Cap moon were bad people. Even the guy I used to work with who had a Cap moon (and was into astrology, too) acknowledged his tendency to drain others emotionally. That doesn't mean it's set in stone, only that the perception and pattern isn't merely mine alone.

serafin5

Kannon this was such a beautiful post! It made so much sense to me as I relate your views/experience to my mother who had her Moon in Capricorn. She like yourself could not be convinced of her self-worth to save her life (literally!). And she was such a loving human being too. But like I described in my prior post she would get in these black moods and lash out at the people who loved her most. Interesting that she passed away at only 44 years old of heart disease (a broken heart!)

I was wondering when you said that the first thing you did was to change your natal moon in capricorn and now have your moon as a libra/or like a libra? Does that mean symbolically you worked on your cap moon issues and now you seem like a libra moon or is this reference to a progression? I was just curious what you meant by that.

Sounds like at 34 you had your what I call 'dark night of the soul'. That happened to me when I was 25 in 1989 I had a breakdown too. Scary but I'm alive (a miracle) and grateful that I finally came through. But that was so painful!

Blessings to you
Serafin5

Caro

I have two moon in cap close friends, I would not see either as emotionally cool or cut off. I think they both see their childhood as deprived and that affects them now(this deprivation is particularly related to their relations with their mother or how they viewed their mother when growing up) One has a very strong relation with her mum(1sst house moon) moon sq uranus, the other a strained relationship very wide square to uranus. I find them both very kind and considerate and good with practical stuff for dealing with problems - you are right they dont wish to talk about emotions over and over.

Im an aqua sun so maybe this is why I can relate to them(a pisces moon too)

pluto is transiting that sign now - so a time of change for many with this placement.

Kannon

Kannon this was such a beautiful post! It made so much sense to me as I relate your views/experience to my mother who had her Moon in Capricorn. She like yourself could not be convinced of her self-worth to save her life (literally!). And she was such a loving human being too. But like I described in my prior post she would get in these black moods and lash out at the people who loved her most. Interesting that she passed away at only 44 years old of heart disease (a broken heart!)

I was wondering when you said that the first thing you did was to change your natal moon in capricorn and now have your moon as a libra/or like a libra? Does that mean symbolically you worked on your cap moon issues and now you seem like a libra moon or is this reference to a progression? I was just curious what you meant by that.

Sounds like at 34 you had your what I call 'dark night of the soul'. That happened to me when I was 25 in 1989 I had a breakdown too. Scary but I'm alive (a miracle) and grateful that I finally came through. But that was so painful!

Blessings to you
Serafin5

I knew that this Moon-Cap factor in my birth chart had affected my personality in a way that no longer served me. I learned the steadiness of conserving emotional energy, the internal complexity of my own feelings and subjective responses and took responsibility for them. I also dealt with my parental issues and reached a point of complete forgiveness, especially with my dad. This chart factor/aspect to my personality had me stuck in that rut and was keeping me in a place that was no longer serving me and the purpose of my soul.

So... in observing what I admired in people around me, I saw that he most common them was men with Libra Suns and women with Moon in Libra. I chose to change myself to match Moon in Libra. For me this required a real energetic changing point of decision and energetic realignment. It was not metaphoric, but very real. If you could observe me on a daily basis with my wife, you'd see the difference and I really doubt that you'd guess I was born when the Moon was in Cap. I'm a different person, because I had to change.

This is something that is communicated to the cells of the body, the DNA, and to your 'other-dimensional' guidance (helpers). I recommend the Kryon material for understanding this. There is an astrological DNA layer, all (12) layers of which are under your command. http://www.kryon.com/seminar%20images/DNA%20page/DNA.html
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_melbourne_1.html

The body is the last part of us to get the message. It takes time. It can take years, sometimes a couple decades to retrain so that a new personality pattern is ingrained into the biology.

Yes, these dark nights of the Soul can be very painful. That was my metaphoric death and the time of my rebirth to real empowerment. I'm glad you've gotten through this. Once we do, we don't have to go there again.

piscesascendant

I knew that this Moon-Cap factor in my birth chart had affected my personality in a way that no longer served me. I learned the steadiness of conserving emotional energy, the internal complexity of my own feelings and subjective responses and took responsibility for them. I also dealt with my parental issues and reached a point of complete forgiveness, especially with my dad. This chart factor/aspect to my personality had me stuck in that rut and was keeping me in a place that was no longer serving me and the purpose of my soul.

So... in observing what I admired in people around me, I saw that he most common them was men with Libra Suns and women with Moon in Libra. I chose to change myself to match Moon in Libra. For me this required a real energetic changing point of decision and energetic realignment. It was not metaphoric, but very real. If you could observe me on a daily basis with my wife, you'd see the difference and I really doubt that you'd guess I was born when the Moon was in Cap. I'm a different person, because I had to change.

This is something that is communicated to the cells of the body, the DNA, and to your 'other-dimensional' guidance (helpers). I recommend the Kryon material for understanding this. There is an astrological DNA layer, all (12) layers of which are under your command. http://www.kryon.com/seminar images/DNA page/DNA.html
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_melbourne_1.html

The body is the last part of us to get the message. It takes time. It can take years, sometimes a couple decades to retrain so that a new personality pattern is ingrained into the biology.

Yes, these dark nights of the Soul can be very painful. That was my metaphoric death and the time of my rebirth to real empowerment. I'm glad you've gotten through this. Once we do, we don't have to go there again.

"Your biography becomes your biology." -- Caroline Myss

Claire19

I have several friends with Moon in Capricorn including my father and although they are not so effusive and demonstrative, they are salt of the Earth and can be relied on. It all depends on the aspects and how they relate to you personally. I have Moon in Taurus and I guess that dovetails. They tend to be work oriented and not domesticated so if you want a cuddly woman who bakes cookies and is motherly, then no, I guess not.

piscesascendant

I have several friends with Moon in Capricorn including my father and although they are not so effusive and demonstrative, they are salt of the Earth and can be relied on. It all depends on the aspects and how they relate to you personally. I have Moon in Taurus and I guess that dovetails. They tend to be work oriented and not domesticated so if you want a cuddly woman who bakes cookies and is motherly, then no, I guess not.

LOL, I'm not looking for the extremes of emotion... just some demonstration of emotion. I am aware that Cap moons are "salt of the earth" and reliable (their fortes, it seems), but these don't really give way to emotional selves. Granted, not every planetary and luminary placement can do that. It's just like I said at (or near) the beginning. Some are cold and rather stoic with emotion, and others, as some have put it, are very contained in their emotion. I guess whatever it takes to get you through life suffices. Thanks!