In What Sign is Chiron Domiciled?

david starling

“Asclepius had his formal education under the centaur Chiron who instructed him in the art of medicine.”

Yes, he was a healer. He taught medicine and the healing arts. The wound he could not heal was his own.

It was from an arrow dipped in the Hydra's blood. It wasn't purposely inflicted. His student, Hercules, shot him by accident.

Last edited:

waybread

The commonality of mythological Chiron's areas of expertise is what we today would call higher education. It's a pretty good match, actually, with a lot of the 9th house rulerships. Which go way beyond that foreign BF or European cruise.

Think medical school, and how one derives wisdom from hurts that don't heal; not so much the 6th house traditional meaning of poor health.

david starling

The commonality of mythological Chiron's areas of expertise is what we today would call higher education. It's a pretty good match, actually, with a lot of the 9th house rulerships. Which go way beyond that foreign BF or European cruise.

Think medical school, and how one derives wisdom from hurts that don't heal; not so much the 6th house traditional meaning of poor health.

Chiron was the son of Cronos/Saturn and a nymph.

He was mentored by the "Most Greek of the Gods", Apollo, who taught him everything he knew.

Here's a description from Wikipedia:

https://m.wikipedia.org/wiki/chiron

Opal

Premium Member
Chiro, is translated as “hands”. You are aware of it usage in chiropractors and other chiro words. He was called the “handy one” that could heal with his hands in many ways. He was a surgeon, and could heal by touch. He taught herbal methodology and other healing methods.

Margaret Johnson quote:

“In a sign, it shows what skill we’ll be developing through constant practical application in our everyday life. In a house, it shows where we’ll be encouraged to use this skill.”

He taught warrior skills, and healing was a part of the training.

He was a musician and inventor.

david starling

Apollo is his brother who ruled the south. Chiron ruled the north

I've never seen that anywhere. Is there a link?

Apollo was the son of Zeus/Jupiter, and brother of Hermes/Mercury and Ares/Mars, and his mother was Leto, a Titaness.

Chiron was the son of Cronos/Saturn and a sea-nymph, as I've seen it.

Opal

Premium Member

Apollo was the son of Zeus/Jupiter, and brother of Hermes/Mercury and Ares/Mars, and his mother was Leto, a Titaness.

The Continuing Discovery of Chiron by Erminie Lantero

I am reading the book, she quotes many of the pioneers and many of the myths.

Some he was struck in the knee, others the foot or ankle with the spear.

Opal

Premium Member

Zeus was his father.

Opal

Premium Member
Zeus was his father.

Some say Philyra “linden tree” was his mother, a sea nymph,
Others say a tree nymph “lime tree” some say he was nurtured by his mothers others say he was alone, taken in by his brother Apollo.

Myth’s trice written. 🙂🙂🙂

david starling

Zeus was his father.

Everything I've read, in books and on the internet, says Chiron's father was considered by the ancients to be Cronos/Saturn.

It makes sense, because both Saturn and Chiron alert us to weaknesses that must be addressed.

Also, Chiron was definitely a wise teacher, and there are Modernistic astrologers who feel that way about Saturn.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Chiron was immortal because Zeus was his father.

He is physically in between Saturn and Uranus or establishment and rebellion.

david starling

It was Zeus/Jupiter who placed Chiron's image in the sky following his death.

Most say it's the constellation Sagittarius, but some say it's the non-Zodiacal constellation, Centaurus.

Opal

Premium Member
The book is available at abebooks.com

It isn’t new. I don’t know where you get your information, this is the mythological data.

The Greeks.

david starling

The book is available at abebooks.com

It isn’t new. I don’t know where you get your information, this is the mythological data.

The Greeks.

I'll need at least one link for this change-over in fatherhood. :unsure:

What's the name of the book saying Chiron's father was Zeus? Is it the one by Erminie Lantero?

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Expletive, I am wrong David, just rechecked it was Kronos. I hate having to admit that, but, I am wrong.