Extroverted and Introverted Types

Caro

a chart I know. most planets above the horizon but very definitely introverted.

sagi asc - ruled by jupiter whic is in 12th conj venus in 12th(both in scorpio). moon in first (sagi) squares a stellium of virgo planets in 9th. saturn in taurus in 6th house.

so the statement that all planets below make for introverted doesnt ring true.

persephone5

I would actually disregard the amount of planets above/below horizon and instead look at:

1. Asc sign (how a person interacts with the outside world), house placement and aspects of the Asc ruler.

2. Any planets in the 1st house.

3. Venus (social life and social interactions) sign, aspects and house placement.

Works very well for everyone I know.

haha I'm a weird mix then.

Asc in leo, sun in 5th, trine to Asc. Conj to venus and jupiter.

Nothing in 1st

Venus in sag, conj sun/merc/jupiter/uranus. 5th house.

I would normally describe myself as very introverted, but I guess I am more on the fence. I think I do better with friends (note the word friends. I'm not talkative enough to get along with strangers most times) than with being alone. I gravitate towards being alone though, but I think that is a shyness thing and not my actual preference. At least I think.

I agree with this assessment in theory, even though it doesn't work with my chart. But I would think the moon would have to play a large role as well. In my case it explains so much. Moon in capricorn square to saturn and pluto and opposing asc.

catbebe20

Since extroversion is so valued by our culture, many act like or wish they were extroverted, and present themselves as such. It doesn't make them extroverted or change their energetic response to social interaction in groups. And introverts enjoy communication, but perhaps less of it and more on a one-to-one basis.

I agree with this. I also believe the planets residing above/below horizon does reflect on one's extent of intro/extroversion. I have 4 planets below horizon and 6 above horizon. Socially, I am introverted and only interested in engaging with people who have things in common with me; planets are in H1 and H2. However, I strive to shine in my profession as I have 2 planets conjunct MC. So, I suppose where the planets are deposited also determines where we are intro/extroverted.

I am the type who likes living in big cities surrounded by other people, but without the need to engage. For the same reason, I enjoy having my meals alone, but in crowded cafes. That's exactly what I am doing now.

Last edited:

Saturnian

I think I agree with the first post on extroversion and introversion.Since the chart and its aspects can be more successful in interpreting whether someone's introverted or extroverted.
But we have to keep in mind disorders such as social anxiety.Unlike what it seems,people suffering from it can be extroverted at heart but having difficulties interacting with others out of fear of being rejected and/or judged.Same with shyness.Some people tend to mistake it as "introversion" cause shy people sometimes exhibit the desire to avoid interacting(which stems from fear).
Unlike real introverts who would rather have the company of themselves and close acquaintances than that of other people they are not particularly close to(but in this case not out of fear more like out of preference).And they usually develop hobbies that they can invest themselves without the presence of others.
I think this factor should really be taken into consideration in any case,be it chart interpretation or real life experiences.

mahie

I would say a "watery" or "earthy" chart have more chances of being introverts and also the hard aspects on sun, venus and moon especially from saturn and pluto and their houses ofcourse especially if it involves houses dealing with public. I could go on days, weeks without feeling any need to talk or communicate with people or mainly strangers face to face but im close to the very few people i know.

Skywomb

I would say a "watery" or "earthy" chart have more chances of being introverts and also the hard aspects on sun, venus and moon especially from saturn and pluto and their houses ofcourse especially if it involves houses dealing with public. I could go on days, weeks without feeling any need to talk or communicate with people or mainly strangers face to face but im close to the very few people i know.
Mmmmm. I am the same. God am I self-absorbed. Read some in that lone wolf thread reg. Merc. in Sag being an indicator... In my chart it is a huuuuge asset in these terms I believe. I never ever get bored. I don't need to read or do anything ..my head just entertains itself in dreamland (12th).

So coupled with as you say Earth/Water heavy chart (and the Sun/Moon/Venus thing I can totally be a "proof" of), I think most other indicators can obviously help feed that introvertness even if they "by themselves"/textbook are extraverted.

I mean it's very logical that one follows the leading element/indicator in ones chart. The most prominent indicator takes the lead. And everyone would agree.

Best description on Merc in Sag. I've read by the way (man it always makes me laugh) http://books.google.se/books?id=W0a...=y#v=onepage&q=mythastrology sag merc&f=false

/drunken jew

mahie

Hey Skywomb,

Pluto transiting your first house right now may make you more of a 'lone wolf' for a few years lol check that out too!

Skywomb

Hey Skywomb,

Pluto transiting your first house right now may make you more of a 'lone wolf' for a few years lol check that out too!
Hmmm, well then oddly it also removed my social phobia. But sure, feels like I have way much to do and especially in recent weeks I've realized how many things I've literally had to get rid of to proceed...oh and that was when it went direct.
Can't bring to many a people on a strangely joyous hellride. I don't want to wipe their butt-cheeks due to them crapping their pants if they'd come along. (Yeah, it's complicated.)

Last edited:

vlsmercury7

Interesting subject. I have come across this concept, yet I don't always feel it sits neatly with me. I have a fairly equal mix of planets above and below the horizon, so I'm sort of in between. I naturally gravitate towards introversion, though, but it depends on the situation. I feel those influences have more to do with the combination of my Ascendant, Sun, Moon and influential planets.

One might look at my chart and see lots of Fire and Air influences (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Chiron in Aries, Pluto in Libra, Mars in Aquarius, Neptune in Sagittarius) and think that I would be naturally gregarious and the life and soul of the party, but truth be told, I prefer the company of a small group of people at home (Virgo Asc, Venus in Taurus, Saturn in Cancer, Uranus in Scorpio). When I'm with people I feel comfortable with, I'm very talkative, but otherwise I'm rather shy.

Queen of Wands

I would look first at

- asc/1st house planets and ruler (individual vs outside world)
- 11th house planets and ruler (individual in society)

It depends on how you define extroversion, though. Mostly it seems to be used to mean something like "enjoys being in large groups" and also "is good with people." I am singling out the 11th house for that reason. Though personally I think the introversion/extroversion dichotomy is silly as we are all social in different ways -- we all have a Venus, after all, somewhere in the chart.

Melaike

Lately I noticed that people with especially challenging aspects of Saturn-Pluto to their personal planets tend to be introverted.And Uranus-Jupiter-Mars' challenging aspects to their personal planets makes people extroverted.

I'm introverted.I have (sun in Pisces) Sun-Saturn opposition,(Moon in Sagittarius)Moon-Saturn opposition ,Venus-Pluto square,Mercury-Saturn opposition.And also Saturn is in my first house(ASC Leo).

Rebel Uranian

Above/below horizon has nothing to do with introversion/extraversion. I think it has a lot to do with the Moon, but I'm not sure what. One thing I learned today is that Introversion is between Normality and Schizophrenia on the Normality-Schizophrenia axis. Between those are the personality disorders avoidant, schizoid, and schizotypal. I think this would come from a prominent Moon, hard Moon aspects (mostly oppositions), and Moon-Saturn contacts (and to a lesser extent any enemy planet of the Moon).

multiple

Account Closed
^ I have been diagnosed with quite severe socially anxiety and I think I also have avoidant personality disorder.
I've always considered myself to be an introvert, I think I do possess some extroverted capabilities but I have less interest in expressing them. also whenever I take personality tests I am always hugely on the introverted side. its always been interpreted by others as having my planets under the horizon.