Astrological Signs and parts of a home

Prisma

I got this idea, this question as how the astrological signs &/or the 12th house in a chart would be symbolic of the parts of a home: for example: I think: front part of a house, what people see of it, maybe would be the asc. What would be your idea of that part of the house, astrological sign speaking? Capricorn-Ruler of the 10th? Or which ever sign would be represented in that ASC? How about the back of the home? The bed? etc?

Another idea is, if people have the chart of their wedding date, how does this relates with your actual home?:confused:

Last edited:

aglaya

Hi, there!

This is an interesting topic! The symbolism of the houses and signs as the representatives of different places in someone's home is used in Lost objects Horary charts to locate a missing object inside the home (or outside the home, of course).

However, I am not sure if assigning the houses one by one to different rooms is used very often. A certain system surely exists somewhere only I am not sure as to how commonly it is used.

However, when it comes to a Natal chart of an individual, we have to assume that most people will change their residence at least a few times during their life time which makes the influence of a certain house or sign quite relative.

In a Horary chart, on the other hand, we can assume that we are talking about a specific house (the Querent's home) and, personally, I would divide the chart by the angles. The sign in which the easter angle falls should give me a fair description of the eastern part of the house.

Also, some houses can be examined through their natural rulership- the 3rd could be examined as a study room, the 7th as the guest's room or the partner's room, the 4th and the 10th as the parent's room(s) and so on. The 10th is also always a good candidate for the room in which we work.
The 1st will always rile the place that belongs to the Querent.

When it comes to the signs, we mainly use their symbolical value (air/earth= elevated places/ground, Libra and Venus rule wardrobes and bedrooms or the places where we keep valuable things; Taurus is a good candidate for kitchen etc.).

However, unlike with different parts of the human body that we can assign specifi houses too (we start from the head and Aries and end with the toes and Pisces), not all the houses are constructed in the same manner and so, I'm not sure as to how this system could be applied to housing. besides the obvious-to simply start from the front door (the 1st) and, respecting the architecture and the sides of the world, assign the houses to different rooms as they come along. Personally, I'm not sure I like this approach a lot since, depending on the construction, we might end up assigning the 12th house to a kitchen which doesn't really make much sense. ;-)

Cheers,

aglaya

dr. farr

Chinese astrology, in connection with feng shui, has done much in this field; so too has Vedic astrology as applied in its special branch known as Vastu shastra...

JUPITERASC

I got this idea, this question as how the astrological signs &/or the 12th house in a chart would be symbolic of the parts of a home: for example: I think: front part of a house, what people see of it, maybe would be the asc. What would be your idea of that part of the house, astrological sign speaking? Capricorn-Ruler of the 10th? Or which ever sign would be represented in that ASC? How about the back of the home? The bed? etc?

Another idea is, if people have the chart of their wedding date, how does this relates with your actual home?:confused:
Matching the home to the natal chart could be a matter of opinion AND in any event, not all homes have precisely 12 rooms!!

however as dr. farr has indicated, perhaps feng shui's division of the home into 9 symbolic sections may prove a useful guide.

A typical feng shui diagram would be http://www.accessfengshui.com/feng-shui-bagua-chart.html :

feng-shui-bagua-chart.jpg

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
To clarify from JUPITERASC's post, the feng shui diagram is drawn like a horoscope with South at the top and North at the bottom, East on the left and West on the right.

Alice McDermott

The easiest way to find which rooms are affected by which planets is through the Local Horizon Charts. I don't know whether you can get them on Astrodienst, but you can on Solar Maps.

You put the center of the map in the center of the house and align it due North-South and the planetary lines will then run through different rooms in the house. Attached is the local horizon chart of this moment so you can see what it looks like.

I have successfully used this kind of map on horary charts to find lost objects as I described here: http://aliceportman.com/where-is-my-novel/

Alice

Attachments

• Local Horizon Chart.gif
    Local Horizon Chart.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 21