What is my purpose in life?

LeoSun1

Yes i have managed to work on and mostly heal a lot of my mental health issues. I am having a huge issue with guilt lately which is a symptom of my ocd i believe. I'm also pretty sure i have some food intolerances/gut issues, possible celiac disease or some similar health issue that is driving a lot of my physical symptoms. My dad suffers from coeliac disease and also my auntie. My auntie was also recently diagnosed with diabetes and she's only in her 30s.

Osamenor

Staff member
I always felt like even though i was liked by people, i never had their respect which i guess ties into dignity?
Do you mean personal dignity or astrological dignity? Those are entirely different things.

A planet having dignity, or not, is just a way to describe how that planet functions in the chart. It has nothing to do with dignity in the personal sense of the word.

If you feel that you lack personal dignity, that's not about your planets. It does reflect a need your chart shows, though. Leo is all about personal dignity. When that's your sun sign, you have an extra strong need for personal dignity, and you're extra sensitive to it. That also means being extra sensitive to lack of personal dignity, whether it's objectively true or just perceived.

neptunian

Was there domestic fights in family when you were growing up, i think someting in your childhood affected you.
I think you need to do something creative or deep a hobby may help you get out of maybe.
And your north node is in libra you may read about it.

I think if you have childhood traumas you need face it and release it.
You may write,in general, writing sometimes helps relaxing. You may learn astrology more. Read more spiritual and psychological subjects in my opinion and you may have such an hobby. Sun in 3rd. Writing. and my intuition tells me you should write.

Best of luck!

dr. farr

For me. There are clear indications from the natal to account for the unhappiness you have suffered but I do not want to go into them because you might believe you are fated to suffer WHICH IS NOT TRUE;you are still quite young, and negative cycles end, to be replaced by positive cycles; your happy times are still ahead-go out there and move on to your future:happy:

JUPITERASC

Yes my bad i meant personal dignity.

I always felt like even though i was liked by people, i never had their respect

which i guess ties into dignity?
DIGNITY = the state or quality of being worthy of honour or respect.

Astrological Accidental dignity is more concerned with a planet's strength
than its nature
ie
being on the midheaven can bring a planet to prominence
but
it cannot overcome for example
the unfavourable effect of
its Essential dignity being in its sign of fall.

and

not only is your natal moon lacking "...astrological dignity..."
but also
you yourself "...felt a lack of respect from people..."
which is interesting

and certainly links with the "...idea..." of dignity :smile:
keep in mind it's usual for astrologers to hold different opinions
and frequently disagree

Osamenor

Staff member
Yes 100% right. Undiagnosed mental illness definitely runs on my dads side of the family but they like to be in denial. Alcoholism also runs on my dads side of the family. Also i have a second cousin who is in a mental hospital with severe schizophrenia which was triggered due to a traumatic head injury. Also on my mothers side of the family they have issues too especially with anxiety and moods. My dads side of the family has a very intense religious history too. Just thought i'd add that in case it means anything.

Alcoholism and religiosity can both be indicated by Jupiter. Jupiter square your nodes, and your Moon, ties that into your journey, too. Another detail of what's afflicting you and your family. The Capricorn placement of Jupiter suggests people who are religious in an especially heavy handed way, or a kind of compulsive, joyless addictive behavior.

Back to the nodes themselves, as I said above, the south node is where you're coming from, and it can indicate very deeply held beliefs. Your belief that you should be achieving something reflects your south node very well.

Society tells us we should achieve, achieve, achieve, and shames people who don't. If you haven't been able to finish school or hold down a job, that's the extreme end of lack of achievement. Of course you feel it. But I think you may be feeling it more keenly than most, because your south node placement suggests a deep rooted expectation to achieve.

Saturn is the achievement planet. Saturn is all about self discipline and drive. Aries is a go-getter sign, very driven in its own way. And Saturn is your most elevated planet, being almost exactly 90 degrees above your AC (that point, the nonegesimal, determines the most elevated planet, even when it's very different from the MC).

The evolutionary theory of the nodes is based on the idea of past lives, although it's not necessarily to be taken literally. Based on this south node picture, we could say that in a past life, or over many past lives, you were an extremely driven, high achieving person, and highly visible for your achievement. Recognized.

Aries is also the fieriest of fire signs. It's very given to expending energy. Extreme Aries is prone to expending way too much energy and ending up depleted.

Libra is the counterbalance to that. Libra is the sign of balance. When you have significant placements in Libra, finding balance in your life is a lifelong journey and goal. Not because you have it, but because you don't. Achieving that balance takes constant effort.

So let's say you're coming out of multiple past lives of being driven, expending your energy, and being congratulated for it. This time around, it's caught up with you. You're exhausted. You can't go out there and achieve anymore, you need serious rest and recuperation. You need to bring yourself back into balance. Which is a balance you might not have known for many lifetimes.

I'm not saying any of this is literally true. It's symbolically true. Whether you believe in past lives or not is up to you. One way or another, you've come into this world with an extreme lack of balance and sore need for it.

If there's anything that sums up your life's purpose according to your birth chart, that's it. The rest is detail.

Osamenor

Staff member

Astrological terms can be confusing. That's one reason I don't use words like dignity, personally, when I'm talking to people about astrology unless I know them to be very well versed in those concepts. The concept of planetary dignity is useful in some contexts, but not, in my experience, for the kind of natal chart reading you're asking for. This is focusing more on the psychological side of astrology. Planetary dignity doesn't have much relevance to that, and what relevance it does have can be better explained in layman's terms.

LeoSun1

This makes a lot of sense to me. All i ever talk about to my peers is BALANCE. I've always valued balance very highly and think that is the key to life. Yes i have a feeling inside of me that feels like i'm meant to do something big in this lifetime but i'm also aware that that feeling could just be my ego. I have had many experiences in this life that have nearly confirmed a psychic ability in me at the very least but i am a very insecure person so i tell myself a lot that i am just being egotistical and delusional. I read every situation to a tee and every person also. I could name every flaw and positive aspect of a person very easily within a few weeks of knowing them down to their deepest traits and thats including my family. I am also very skecptical of my ability to do those things because of the fact that i am aware that my dads side of my family is very delusional about their "gifts" and achievements but aslo they are very smart too so it is a bit confusing. Sorry if it seems like i am talking nonsense here but i feel like i should be saying this. I am BY FAR the most self aware person in my family on both sides and that isn't even up for debate (delusion or not). Everyone on both sides of my family live in denial on most of their issues whereas i try to be as honest as i can be about my flaws even if it hurts.

neptunian

In my opinion, focus on your mercury neptune trine and also mercury uranus trine. Your mercury is in virgo no bad aspect. You must be intelligent. and good at observation. In the fourth house you understand human nature. Good aspetcs with neptune uranus in 8th house of deep matters occult. I think you could be an astrologer or writer. You can write about human nature. or Learn spirituality more and if you want you may start a youtube channel and share your psychic abilities.

neptunian

Thanks for your reply. Yes writing seems to be a common theme when it comes to what people think i'm good at.

Yes, my intuition strongly tells it to me. you should write. writing and spirituality. If you have psychic abilities, you can start a tarot channel do tarot readings.

By the way, i checked out your chart. Asteroid Musa, writing asteroid, conjuncts your mercury. And your asteroid talent, trines your mercury and asteroid musa.

I wish the best of luck.

Also asteroid Apollo, known as God of prophecy and precognition conjuncts your moon.

Last edited:
This makes a lot of sense to me. All i ever talk about to my peers is BALANCE. I've always valued balance very highly and think that is the key to life. Yes i have a feeling inside of me that feels like i'm meant to do something big in this lifetime but i'm also aware that that feeling could just be my ego. I have had many experiences in this life that have nearly confirmed a psychic ability in me at the very least but i am a very insecure person so i tell myself a lot that i am just being egotistical and delusional. I read every situation to a tee and every person also. I could name every flaw and positive aspect of a person very easily within a few weeks of knowing them down to their deepest traits and thats including my family. I am also very skecptical of my ability to do those things because of the fact that i am aware that my dads side of my family is very delusional about their "gifts" and achievements but aslo they are very smart too so it is a bit confusing. Sorry if it seems like i am talking nonsense here but i feel like i should be saying this. I am BY FAR the most self aware person in my family on both sides and that isn't even up for debate (delusion or not). Everyone on both sides of my family live in denial on most of their issues whereas i try to be as honest as i can be about my flaws even if it hurts.

i love how this is like a therapy session! 😭 i hope you find that balance soon <3

dr. farr

Natal mercury in its rulership in Virgo in the 3rd house of communications is responsible for this ability-working on this asset regarding insight and intellectual rationality to make it more positive could be most helpful in overcoming your other problems.

JUPITERASC

I always felt like even though i was liked by people, i never had their respect

which i guess ties into dignity?
not only is your natal moon lacking "...astrological dignity..."
but also
you yourself "...felt a lack of respect from people..."
which is interesting

and certainly links with the "...idea..." of dignity :smile:
keep in mind it's usual for astrologers to hold different opinions
and frequently disagree

Astrological terms can be confusing. That's one reason I don't use words like dignity, personally, when I'm talking to people about astrology unless I know them to be very well versed in those concepts. The concept of planetary dignity is useful in some contexts, but not, in my experience, for the kind of natal chart reading you're asking for. This is focusing more on the psychological side of astrology. Planetary dignity doesn't have much relevance to that, and what relevance it does have can be better explained in layman's terms.
to be clear:

in layman's terms then DIGNITY = the state or quality of being worthy of honour or respect.
whereas astrologically Astrological Accidental dignity
is more concerned with a planet's strength
than its nature
ie
being on the midheaven can bring a planet to prominence
BUT
it cannot overcome for example
the unfavourable effect of
its Essential dignity being in its sign of fall.

and
keeping in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
astrological dignity IS a useful concept to note
our forum offers no set "...syllabus.." and no official paid teacher
members are free to read haphazard responses
from random fellow members
which certainly guarantees confusion for any beginner
noting the broad spectrum of astrological opinion amongst members :smile:
Libra is the counterbalance to that. Libra is the sign of balance. When you have significant placements in Libra, finding balance in your life is a lifelong journey and goal. Not because you have it, but because you don't. Achieving that balance takes constant effort.

I'm not saying any of this is literally true. It's symbolically true. Whether you believe in past lives or not is up to you. One way or another, you've come into this world with an extreme lack of balance and sore need for it.

If there's anything that sums up your life's purpose according to your birth chart, that's it. The rest is detail.

Natal mercury in its rulership in Virgo in the 3rd house of communications is responsible for this ability-working on this asset regarding insight and intellectual rationality to make it more positive could be most helpful in overcoming your other problems.

JUPITERASC

libra is the counterbalance to that. Libra is the sign of balance. When you have significant placements in libra, finding balance in your life is a lifelong journey and goal. Not because you have it, but because you don't. Achieving that balance takes constant effort.

i'm not saying any of this is literally true. It's symbolically true. Whether you believe in past lives or not is up to you. one way or another, you've come into this world with an extreme lack of balance and sore need for it.

if there's anything that sums up your life's purpose according to your birth chart, that's it. The rest is detail.

lets assume that a person has cancer on the ascendant,
the primary motivation of this person is the need for emotional security.

so your primary motivation is the need for emotional security :smile:

notice that your cancer ascendants ruler moon
is located in LIBRA - literally the sign represented by a WEIGHING SCALE :smile:
clearly
EMOTIONAL SECURITY would provide the FOUNDATION for EMOTIONAL BALANCE

the ruler/s of the ascendant
and their zodiacal and local state
will determine
how would this be achieved.

LeoSun1

Sorry if i sound ignorant but i am not quite sure what you mean by "cancer ascendants ruler moon". What is the ruler of my moon and how do you determine that from my chart?

JUPITERASC

Sorry if i sound ignorant but

i am not quite sure what you mean by "..cancer ascendants ruler moon..."

What is the ruler of my moon

and

how do you determine that from my chart?
PLANETS rule SIGNS :smile:

planet-rulerships-269x300.png

your natal chart ascendant is CANCER - ruler is the MOON

example - Taurus ascendant ruler is VENUS

ruler-of-the-ascendant.jpg

Last edited: