Astrological Influences That May Indicate Past Lives

Arian Maverick

Hello, everyone! :D

I have created this new thread as a continuation of the exceedingly popular PAST LIVES Board, which has currently generated many different interesting discussions. As the title indicates, the intention of this thread is to provide a place strictly for discussing astrological influences that may indicate past lives...not for sharing the past life memories themselves. Lapis has kindly created The Metaphysical Corner for this specific purpose and others, which can be found in the General Chat Boards.

Now let the discussion begin!

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I am mainly doing this to confine myself to a particular discussion so as to make the threads easier to read. I would normally appologize for the antics of my scattered mind, but Lapis has created a new rule for prohibits me from doing so :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
Here's my contribution: I have some astrologer friends that use a system based on AT Mann's time-zodiac correlations in order to pinpoint the moment in history of the humanity when we lived a significative life, related to this one

The idea is that we may have lived many many lives, but there're only a few that we are most connected to. These lives are represented in our current natal charts as planets. Their position in zodiac (the exact degree) indicates the time of that previous life. The tabel to use may be found here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/astrology-time-zodiac.php
The main characteristics of that life may be extracted from the nature of the planet involved and also from its aspects.

Further application of this theory: in synastry, when two people who currently have a closer relationship, a conjunction of two planets (at approx. the same degree) indicates that they lived at the same time, so it is possible to identify the time when they met in a previous life.
If there're many conjunctions in their synastry, obviously that means many lives when they met.

------------------------------

Another idea - the same astrologer who developped the theory above, a Romanian named Firicel Ciarnau, says that the position of the Moon in the current natal chart indicates the position of the Sun in the previous life's natal chart.

Just to mention it, his website is www.artofdivination.com

Light

AquaMav

Am I going to be able to keep to the Astrology Only Rules in this thread? :oops:

Radu: Thanks for the AT Mann link.

Several months ago I picked up a copy of AT Mann's Life Time Astrology - all about timeing events in you chart - from your conception to whose Idea you were and what they were doing at the time!!! :D It really works! Frightening.

Back to past lives..

If we can get the circumstances surrounding our birth, from our charts (ASC, rulers etc) How come I can get what happened to me when my daughter was born, and not what happened to my mother when I was born? My daughter, incidentally, has always spoke about it being my turn to look after her. She will look after me when I am little again! She mentions things we did when she was big. I really don't think this is her mixing up her tenses and sizes (she's 6). :?

OOps - I'm about to wander off, again. I'll stop

take care

hel

pwadm

Staff member
That's sweet! :) Go on, believe her, souls incarnate in groups, reversing roles along several lives; group evolution.

Draco

Thanks for this idea AM,

Possible astrological techniques for the identification of other lives is fascinating and something I wonder about a lot. Hopefully we will gather together a booty of different techniques to explore our charts with.

The consideration of the nodes is one method, but isn't in depth enough for me. The south node just gives us the general theme of our fate as accumulated from the sum of our previous experience. The north node telling us where we ought to conciously direct ourselves in order to manifest our destiny and the themes we must develop in live's progressing from this. This is interesting but very general.

Retrograde planets are another technique, but I'm not sure about this one. Some people do not have any retrogrades, myself included, so does this mean we have had no prior existences?

Another technique I have heard of is by looking at the 12th cusp. We take the 12th cusp and consider it as the ascendant, and count the houses in reverse. Thus, the 11th becomes the second, the 10th the 3rd and so on, until we come round to the 1st which is the new 12th. Each planet we encounter along the way is said to symbolise a significant past life, the nature of which is discerned from the the nature of the planet and the new house it is in. Has anyone else heard of this technique? Hopefully you can explain it better than me. :?

Radu's link to the zodiacal degree in relation to specific years makes fascinating study in conjunction with our charts. It causes me to wonder however, are the corresponding years to the degrees meant to show a year in the middle of the prior life, the year of birth in that life or the year of death? I am tempted to imagine that the year is describing the year of birth in that life. What do you think?

It is also interesting that as each degree is composed of 60 minutes, if we are to split the degree into 5 minute sections it would be possible to deduce the 12 months of the year (according to our calendar) in each degree, which may even reveal the month of birth! For example, my Jupiter @ 8:40 Scorpio. 8 degrees gives me a birth in 1237, and the 40 minutes would make that birth between August and September, making me a Virgo in that life. However, this causes me to wonder, what method could we use to define the place of birth? If I was born on earth between August and September (our calendar) in 1237, then where was I born, and what sex was I?

The correspondences of the zodiac to years is very interesting, but why does it only go up to 1950? What if I was born in the 60's and died of cot-death, and was born again in the 80's, where is the 60's life represented? How about lives prior to 48000 BC?

The correspondences are also dependant upon a linear view of time which arouses some difficulties in concept for me. People speak of 'past' lives, which is a term I am uncomfortable with, prefering the term 'other' lives. Our existences run concurrently. Time and space are a condition only of physical existence, once we are outside the physical, i.e, 'dead', we are beyond time and space, and therefore not attached by conciousness to a specific location in linear time. However, while we are in the physical and subject to conciousness, we can only think sensibly in terms of a linear view, but this begs the question - what about lives lived/being lived/to be lived in the (linear) future of this one? (excuse my ramblings, I'm thinking out loud :? )

I wondered if we could use the list to identify future lives by starting the list with 0 degrees Aries as 1950, where the current list ends and counting the degrees off from there? We could also do the same to explore lives lived prior to 48000 by placing this year at 30 Pisces, and counting off backwards from there? Another thing I've just notced, is that Aquarius 29 is 1909 and Aquarius 30 is 1911, but what if we were born in 1910, why is this not represented by a degree? The gaps just get biger and bigger as we go back in time, but what if you were born in one of the excluded years? Is there any way of altering the chart so that every year in 360 year periods is represented, by starting with 0 AD at 0 Aries perhaps? Then, at 359 AD @ Pisces 30, starting again with 0 Aries at 359 AD and counting on from there?

Just expressing my thoughts.

Hel,

My daughter, incidentally, has always spoke about it being my turn to look after her. She will look after me when I am little again! She mentions things we did when she was big.

It is bizarre and interesting when children come out with these things. My niece once commented to my mother when she was 3, 'Do you remember when I was the grandma and you was the little girl?'. At the same age she once commented to my sister, her mother, when I was present in the room, 'Do you remember when you lived in that big house in London and me and Daddy used to come and visit you?'. My sister was very puzzled by this. We are a long way from London where we are and none of them had ever been there. My niece at that age knew little to nothing about other towns and cities other than the one in which we live, so why did she come out with something so strange as having had 'visited' her mother in London? My sister gets a bit freaked out by things like this, she found it quite disturbing and didn't question her on it. I told her that it was a natural expression of a past life, but she finds such unexplicable things unnerving and didn't question her daughter for more information, much to my disappointment. When I had the opportunity I questioned my niece about this myself, and asked her if she could remember me at all. She squinted her eyes and desperately tried to think and her response was, 'Yes, but.......I can't remember'. This intrigued me because she didn't say that she didn't know, but that she couldn't remember, as if she was trying to access a memory which was there, but just couldn't retrieve it.

I shouldn't be going off topic, but I have mentioned astrology.

Draco :wink:

pwadm

Staff member
Draco said:
Radu's link to the zodiacal degree in relation to specific years makes fascinating study in conjunction with our charts. It causes me to wonder however, are the corresponding years to the degrees meant to show a year in the middle of the prior life, the year of birth in that life or the year of death? I am tempted to imagine that the year is describing the year of birth in that life. What do you think?
The year to which points the exact planet's position is not the year of birth, but the most significative moment of that past life, in relation with the present one, or the moment of maximum achievement.
Also, it would be hard to figure out a specific month since the 8 Scorpio corresponds to 1237 AD and 9 Scorpio to 1252. You'll have to interpolate in order to get the exact year & month according to the precise planet position. So, there are no "excluded" years.
Since your Jupiter is at 8.40 Scorpio, the calculations would point to 1247.

The answer to the question why this table stops at 1950 is beyond my understanding. You'll have to ask AT Mann about that. Maybe, indeed, as you suggest, the whole cycle begins another time, starting with 0 Aries. For the sake of the theory, we'll affirm this second cycle ends in 2012 (to be in tune with the time compression as well).

But this is not true, actually trying to figure out the rate of time compression from this table - it seems to be about 0,56 / zodiacal sign (30 degrees), we get another result

391 = 0,46
219 = 0,56 -
122 = 0,55 - Capricorn
70 = 0,57 - Aquarius
39 = 0,55 - Pisces

===
Using the same time compression rate, we can calculate the duration for the new cycle:

21 - Aries 2
12 - Taurus 2
7 - Gemini 2
4 - Cancer 2
2 - Leo 2
1 - Virgo 2
1 - Libra 2
0 - Scorpio 2

Which sums up to the year 1998....

So, abusing of AT Mann's theory, and extrapolating the time compression rate to a new zodiacal cycle, the time actually ended in 1998.

Interesting, really.

Draco

Hi Radu,

The year to which points the exact planet's position is not the year of birth, but the most significative moment of that past life, in relation with the present one, or the moment of maximum achievement.

I see what you mean. So it refers to the most significant moment of the life.

Also, it would be hard to figure out a specific month since the 8 Scorpio corresponds to 1237 AD and 9 Scorpio to 1252. You'll have to interpolate in order to get the exact year & month according to the precise planet position. So, there are no "excluded" years.

I now understand this, but at the time I stupidly though that the years were running consecutively, and didn't realise about the gaps until halfway through my post. :? So the interpolation makes sense, but this would prove difficult for me because I am not gifted with such a mathematical mind, and I would find this difficult to work out.

I found it very curious when you said:

Since your Jupiter is at 8.40 Scorpio, the calculations would point to 1247.

I found it very curious because when I typed in the year 1237, I mistakenly typed 1247, and then I realised and had to go back and change it. So this was my/the unconcious telling me the correct correspondence to Scorpio 8.40 via a serendipitous mistake. So there is another of those synchronicities, which I find often occurs with you.

The answer to the question why this table stops at 1950 is beyond my understanding.

Mine too. Perhaps it is my Virgo Sun talking, but I am always uncomfortable with being told that something is so without being told why.

So, abusing of AT Mann's theory, and extrapolating the time compression rate to a new zodiacal cycle, the time actually ended in 1998.

Interesting, yes. Does it have to end here though? If 1998 starts a new cycle, then what degree would 2012 correspond to, and would this be significant in any way? Perhaps 1998 did start a new cycle in some respect, even if not in the Mayan sense. Considering the large gaps in years between the zodiacal degrees in Aries, then would 2012, be encompassed within 0 Aries anyway if the cycle starts anew in 1998? Surely it would wouldn't it?

Draco :wink:

Draco

With a new cycle @ 1998, then would 0 Aries not encompass 1998 - 2948?
It's just I'm not sure about the maths on this. :?

Arian Maverick

I shall interject with fear of breaking my own rule...but it has to do with the idea expressed here of 1998 being the start of a new cycle:

We stated that Armeggedon was averted, and it was. The main prophesies given in your scripture paint a picture which is now impossible to fulfill, both in the timeline given and with the players that were indicated. Those who tell you that there is still correlation wish you to continue to react and remain in fear. The fall of the Soviet Union in the late 80's, and the positioning of China both have
voided the main scenario. The clock also ran-out long ago for the prophesies to happen when they
were foretold.

This is truly fascinating, because the apocalypse which was averted was supposed to happen somewhere around the year 2000! :eek:

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. Do we still use the "rounding up rule" to determine the degree of a planet and thus the date? Or should we use some compression system that was discussed here? Also, several of my planets share conjunctions...would they still be considered two separate lives?

happyraccoon

12 house switcheroo

Draco said:
Another technique I have heard of is by looking at the 12th cusp. We take the 12th cusp and consider it as the ascendant, and count the houses in reverse. Thus, the 11th becomes the second, the 10th the 3rd and so on, until we come round to the 1st which is the new 12th. Each planet we encounter along the way is said to symbolise a significant past life, the nature of which is discerned from the the nature of the planet and the new house it is in.

How cool. I've never tried this before. What I'm coming up with though is weird. If I place the planets correctly by houses (counting backward: 11th becomes former lifetime's 2nd, 10th becomes f. l. 3rd..etc,) I have to change the signs on my planets. Is that right?

And do I order them in reverse then?

And do I try to keep their numbers?

happyraccoon

hel141 said:
If we can get the circumstances surrounding our birth, from our charts (ASC, rulers etc) How come I can get what happened to me when my daughter was born, and not what happened to my mother when I was born? My daughter, incidentally, has always spoke about it being my turn to look after her. She will look after me when I am little again! She mentions things we did when she was big. I really don't think this is her mixing up her tenses and sizes (she's 6).hel

I would love to look at your chart, your mother's chart, and your daughter's chart. There are probably some pretty interesting questions about how you are interconnected, with overlapping roles, etc that would come out of looking at them. Particularly anything about childbirths in your family, because that is such an intense experience between two souls. Each birth has its own:
1. sense of fusion--successful incarnation into family
2. first absolute physical separation of this lifetime
3. other stuff I can't quite fathom but would love to talk about

But, I see that that is a new topic entirely. It should be called the astrology of birth. It's as karmic as anything else possibly could be!

With each of my children (I have 3) I experience that my most intimate moment with them was the moment they left my body. I love to tell them their birth stories and they love to hear them. To me it feels like proof that they are connected to me (I am connected to them.) But to them it must feel like proof of their existence and identity. At least, that's how it feels when I hear or remember my mom telling my birth story. The astrology of this:

I have Pluto conjunct my south node on the 12th house side of my ascendant. I almost died at childbirth and was in an incubator (I also have a 12th house moon/mercury conjunction) for 10 days. My mother reports the worst pain she ever had.

My second son also has this pluto south node conjunction, only on the 4th house side of his Nadir. He was born during my pluto square pluto. His birth was the most dangerous of all three, and I nearly died of the pain. I did leave my body, and did not come back until the pain was gone. I know that he is extra sensitive to pain, particularly if any of us accidentally hurt him (bumping into him, etc) and cries as if he has been brutally tortured. Other people have commented about this as being too much crying, but my fierce intuition is that he has been recently tortured to death in a former lifetime--whether regarding circular or linear time--and that he was born to me for many infinite reasons, one of which is so that I can excercise compassion and let him gain his own control/power over his own emotions. To do this, I feel, he needs to have a very safe place (home) to express his feelings, experience them, and learn about them, embrace the power of them. All this he needs to do without feeling threatened or overpowered by anyone, especially not me.

But could I be wrong? Could it be that I have to excercise more power in these situations so that he could learn how to contain himself through me?

My apologies to the changing of topic. Any responses (if there are any--hopefully!?) should go under a new topic I guess...? Just let me know how to find the responses. (I just joined)

Love.

Light

Draco

As Radu said
Go on, believe her
your story is a wonderful example :D

Happyraccoon

As a beginner, I find topics which go off thread to be very interesting! I can relate the planetary energies to real life.

Anyway, back to topic(ish)

I would love to look at your chart, your mother's chart, and your daughter's chart

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between mine and my mothers, but I don't have an accurate birthtime, (nor a place come to that - I've estimated - does about 20 miles make a difference?)

My daughter has a 12th hse moon, and I died for a while, during childbirth. (As an aside, she's a Pisces Sun and was born as my progressed sun entered Pisces!) I'll find her records and give the data.
By my dates she was going to be a Cappy, but circumstances and destiny(?), let her be a Pisces! :shock: (A long story!) I'm going to have to look at the correlations between her chart and mine, as soon as I learn how to do it! (Any one got Winstar, and can help?)

Going back to past lives. I always use equal house as it seems most natural, I can get more information out, and using the 4th house and the IC, I managed to get back to my great grandmother on my father's side. Things I never (conciously) knew about, until I talked to my father at Christmas! Weired.

I must go now. Take care

hel

Lapis

Great thread Aquarius Maverick!
applause3jk.gif

I just read through it all and feel like I've got a huge sugar rush and am bounching off the walls like a kid! I'm not going to pretend to understand what all you folks are talking about however!

I just posted on The Metaphysical Corner and mentioned about something huge that started in me at the beginning of 1998, then I come over here and read all this about 1998! Love it when the multi-leveled pieces start connecting and making more sense down here.

For startes didn't Neptune enter Aquarius in 1998? Also I left a link about some alignment of the earth with the galactic plane I think it was, that also started in 1998.

Back to past life hints in our natal charts......Personally I've discovered that the signs and houses I have intercepted are a huge indicator. But, that's just me and what I've remembered consciously. See I have to go at this stuff in the opposite way that most of you astrologers do! Wild huh? And for me this interception isn't about a recent past life, but HALF of the precessional cycle - 12,500+ years! IOW's when 'I' started a specific spiritual sort of job that ran from the beginning of the Age of Leo through now, the beginning of the Age of Aquarius. What I'm suggesting by telling this, is to look for far more than your logical, linear, mind would think to look for.

hel141,

That's so special about your daughter. It makes perfect sense that you'd bring through another higher dimensional being now. This does run in physical families (Soul groups) like Radu mentioned. She obviously remembers some karmic balances happening with you two. Very normal.

happyraccoon

hel141 said:
There doesn't seem to be any correlation between mine and my mothers, but I don't have an accurate birthtime, (nor a place come to that - I've estimated - does about 20 miles make a difference?)

My daughter has a 12th hse moon, and I died for a while, during childbirth. (As an aside, she's a Pisces Sun and was born as my progressed sun entered Pisces!) I'll find her records and give the data.
By my dates she was going to be a Cappy, but circumstances and destiny(?), let her be a Pisces! (A long story!) I'm going to have to look at the correlations between her chart and mine, as soon as I learn how to do it! (Any one got Winstar, and can help?)

Correlations between charts is as complicated as knowing two people and wanting to correlate them! In fact, I don't think there is even any one single, tried and true, process that I could recommend for doing it.

Themes show up when you look at a chart. Then other themes, somehow similar ones show up when you look at a second chart. Then you can make a composite chart of the two charts. And you can look at the chart of the younger person as a transit chart for the older person's chart. And, you can look at the rhythm of progression in both of their charts to see if those resonate. But then, there are just too many possible patterns to tell you which ones to look for.

If you gave me whatever birthtimes, birthdates, birthplaces, and birth times of day you have and let me know what window of uncertainty to put on each of these data, I would be able to talk you through the process that I am usuing to read them.

I noticed that as I was telling you about how I experienced my second son's birth and what I think his Pluto is asking for, I am percieving it all through my lens (my own Pluto experience.) It's extremely likely that that's what you were talking about when you said that you can read your own daughter's birth in your chart, but not your own.

Winstar will calculate a composite chart for you. I like to do the Midheaven chart. Just enter in the place where the relationship is mostly happening right now. Or put in your actual place right now.

Arian Maverick

Back to past life hints in our natal charts......Personally I've discovered that the signs and houses I have intercepted are a huge indicator. But, that's just me and what I've remembered consciously.

Lapis, can you explain this a bit more?

Aquarian Maverick

A

Anonymous

astrological influences that may indicate past lives

Hi All

My youngest son when he was little, used to ask me where his 'other mum' was, 'the one he had before me'. It used to quite freak me out at the time and he also use to tell me, 'at night, I float up to the ceiling'. He seemed to 'outgrow' all of this as he got older ( I've read this is all in the process of becoming an adult and therefore more rational and less accepting of this type of thing; we kind of shut down so to speak) but even now, he still remembers floating up to the ceiling!

Mia

sam

Re: astrological influences that may indicate past lives

Anonymous said:
Hi All

My youngest son when he was little, used to ask me where his 'other mum' was, 'the one he had before me'. It used to quite freak me out at the time and he also use to tell me, 'at night, I float up to the ceiling'. He seemed to 'outgrow' all of this as he got older ( I've read this is all in the process of becoming an adult and therefore more rational and less accepting of this type of thing; we kind of shut down so to speak) but even now, he still remembers floating up to the ceiling!

Mia

Hi :)

I'm interested in what your son said about floating. Did he go into detail about it? I have a number of really weird childhood memories of feeling like I was floating, which later I found felt a lot like astral projection.

Lapis

Glad you started the "Astral Travel" thread Aquarian Maverick! See how efficient your Virgo South Node is here?! :wink:

Hi Mia and Sam. I found your son's term of "Floating up to the ceiling" really great because I experienced the same thing throughout my whole childhood. I'll post more about this on Astral Travel. And yes Sam, it is getting out of body or 'astral projection'.

Arian Maverick

Glad you started the "Astral Travel" thread Aquarian Maverick! See how efficient your Virgo South Node is here?!

Yes, I do...and through my experience here, I am learning exactly how comfortable I am doing this type of work. Although I have always been detail-oriented, I have never felt so connected to this part of myself before. I truly enjoy doing this! :D

I would love to get the original discussion started up again, though...can anyone think of any more astrological influence that may indicate past lives?

Aquarian Maverick