Heavy karma?

Missa

I lost my father this week, and I've been thinking about life and death more than usually, though I always carry the subject with me more or less. My life has been full of misery in many ways, I don't want to complain, but from astrological point of view I'm trying to find explanation for everything. I'm not sure if I believe in karma in the traditional way, but I think there is something... that guides us through the life in a way or another, though I also believe in free will. I feel I have heavy karma, and a heavy and big mission in this life. Is there anyone who has more knowledge about the subject, I'm still pretty new to karmic astrology, who could possibly explain more?

My chart

Simply the fact that I have South node, Saturn and Pluto all in Scorpio tells me it can't be too common. :) I also ask you to be honest when interpreting my chart/karma.

Arian Maverick

Missa, I am terribly sorry about the loss of your father :cry:

Simply the fact that I have South node, Saturn and Pluto all in Scorpio tells me it can't be too common. I also ask you to be honest when interpreting my chart/karma.

The outer planets (especially Pluto) and the nodal axis travel quite slowly, so this particular configuration may not be quite as uncommon as you think. However, this simple fact does not make the placements in your natal chart any less signficant.

Would it be too painful for you to provide us with the exact date and time your father died? If you PM me your natal data, I would like to construct your progressed natal chart in order to see if there are any indications of such a major event occuring at this time.

Arian Maverick

Missa

Thank you. When something like this happens, it seems to make people quiet. People you've considered to be friends don't wish to talk about it, and people rather call to my mother and tell her to tell me that they're sorry. Why couldn't they call me? Interesting.

I also have IC there, making it at least a bit more uncommon. It's hard to deal with that, but at least the direction seems pretty clear. But is there really no one who could give me some karmic insight about my chart and life?

Arian Maverick, I might PM you later, but at the moment I don't have too much information yet. I've looked at my own chart, and there was this solar eclipse in the end of March, 8.35 degrees Aries. Take a look where it falls on my chart and figure out the rest... I'm seriously scared of eclipses for the rest of my life.

Kite

Hi Missa - sorry about losing your Dad..I know that's tough.

What I notice in your chart is that Saturn is unaspected and in the 4th house which could represent your father. It's also in Scorpio which relates death. This suggests that you are searching for the meaning of life and especially death why things seem so hard. I don't really see this as a Karmic thing as much as I see it as a purpose thing. You want to know why. This probably makes you feel lonely and out of sorts with people who are more accepting of circumstances. This could be a karmic lesson for you but at the least it's a lesson of coming to terms with what happens so you feel free to express yourself as Saturn rules the 5th house.

This kind of reminds me a Woody Allen movie where he complains that he can't be happy with so much misery in the world. That's a lot of conditions to put on allowing oneself to feel ok about things which will lead to a natural lightening of mood.

You can read more about unaspected planets at Unaspected

Kite

Francesca

Kite, thanks for the site on unaspected planets. I wish she had talked about an unaspected Uranus. I have one in the 10th in Gemini. I also have absolutely no tolerance for authority if I perceive it to be unearned. If I feel that someone slightly misuses authority, I am ready for a fight instantly. I have been rebellious all my life,particularly in employment; i am a very difficult employee to supervise. This all seems related.

Mary

Francesca.. that´s quite interesting and I think actually you answer your self. Do you work independently...it maybe be really have a boss with uranus unaspected in the 10th.

Kite and Missa... I have saturn unaspected in the Nadir in Libra. Also the Sun and Uranus are peregrines, having only one major aspect each.

Cassie Priam

Missa,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. But yes, this is the time for you to take a look at karmic issues, especially family ones.

(I am just a student of karmic astrology so please, anyone feel free to correct or challenge anything I say!)

I looked at your natal chart and it appears that you have a great deal of family karma, and it is quite complicated given the 4/10 axis (parent axis) is intercepted and large! You have 6 signs in the parent axis, and Chiron and three planets. And a grand trine that includes the 10h and passes over the 4h.

It appears that you have had many past lives with difficult family karma and your chart indicates that in this life you want to finally sort it all out and be done with it! You seem to have some sibling karma, a sibling with communication issues, maybe talkative or companionable, or may have power issues, maybe both. There may be some power struggles with a sib, overtly or covertly. The sibling may be connected to your father karmically as well as with you. And the karma may be deep and difficult to figure out.

Saturn in the 4th indicates past lives with harsh parenting or lack of a father figure. In this life the soul may have experienced emotional coldness or loss of a parent early on. Saturn in the 4th can also indicate constructive self control and discipline from parents.

In this life you may have experienced chaos and change at an early age, and parents may have been unpredictable. You may have sought freedom as a way to cope. The Neptune indicates that you may have idealized your parents in some way.

Your Chiron in the 10th indicates that possibly a parent was wounded through interaction with the outside world. In past lives it appears you had some trauma with authority figures or with a public position.

You also have at least 6 Chiron aspects, indicating trauma from past lives, and in this one, and perhaps a healing vocation in this lifetime.

I hope this is of some help to you.