Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Research and Development

Research and Development This is a forum designed for applying scientific methods and understanding to all approaches of astrology, cooperative formulation and testing of new ideas, re-examination of known methods of delineation and interpretation, and the exploration of new astrological methods of all kinds (e.g. heliocentric models, planetary nodes and apogees, etc.).

Unread 07-30-2016, 06:56 PM

Myers briggs + zodiac sign poll

What is your Myers Briggs type and zodiac sign combo? Here is a poll collecting data. It has nearly 2,000 participants so far. Let's try to reach 10,000

http://astroligion.com/poll-what-is-...ac-sign-combo/

http://astroligion.com/poll-what-is-your-myers-briggs-zodiac-sign-combo/
Unread 07-30-2016, 07:26 PM
Banned

Re: Myers briggs + zodiac sign poll

I'm infp. Which means I'm using my libra rising with Zaniah,, Venus pisces energy predominantly....because a sun Aries, moon sag, rising libra, would surely not get that 😂
Unread 08-03-2016, 08:21 PM

Cancer Sun/Moon and Libra Rising here, ENFP!
Unread 08-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachie View Post
Cancer Sun/Moon and Libra Rising here, ENFP!
Enfp but you're a lovely person to know in real life
Unread 08-04-2016, 01:24 AM

Libra Sun, Cancer Moon, Libra rising - for years I would regularly cycle between INTP and INFP, but I can definitely say that I'm an INFP with a developing thinking side. I'm too watery for cold logic
Unread 08-04-2016, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterwaltz View Post
Libra Sun, Cancer Moon, Libra rising - for years I would regularly cycle between INTP and INFP, but I can definitely say that I'm an INFP with a developing thinking side. I'm too watery for cold logic
If you're still confused, I suggest learning function theory for the MBTI. I really did think I was an ISFP for two years before I realized the functional makeup was very different. INTP uses Ti-Ne; while INFP uses Fi-Ne. The difference there is that the Ti type makes subjective thinking decisions--logic is their preferred mode of decision-making (highly internalized problem solving skills)--and uses Fe to make Feeling-based collective decisions, more concerned with the status quo. The Fi type will do the opposite: make subjective Feeling decisions when it comes to then (internalized morals and values establish their core).

For what it's worth, I have a Libra sun/rising, Pisces moon friend who is an INFP too, so you're probably right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
Enfp but you're a lovely person to know in real life
Many thanks Bluebell! I like to think of myself as dangerously loyal
Unread 08-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you're still confused, I suggest learning function theory for the MBTI. I really did think I was an ISFP for two years before I realized the functional makeup was very different. INTP uses Ti-Ne; while INFP uses Fi-Ne. The difference there is that the Ti type makes subjective thinking decisions--logic is their preferred mode of decision-making (highly internalized problem solving skills)--and uses Fe to make Feeling-based collective decisions, more concerned with the status quo. The Fi type will do the opposite: make subjective Feeling decisions when it comes to then (internalized morals and values establish their core).

For what it's worth, I have a Libra sun/rising, Pisces moon friend who is an INFP too, so you're probably right!

Dangerously loyal!! What a rare trait to find in people. I would have you as my friend on that basis alone. Even though I'm an infp, I still think I have the ability to deduce and rationalise that an infp lacks somewhat...
Unread 08-04-2016, 05:01 PM

INFP, Virgo Sun, Sagittarius Moon, Leo Asc.
Unread 08-04-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Roachie, I got confused while reading up on MBTI online, but your explanation makes sense to me! I tend to consider the stand of the other person, although I'm not sure if this is because of the heavy Libra influence.

Speaking of which, I have a friend who has Air/Ground dominants (Libra, Capricorn) and she's typed as an INTJ, which is fascinating. A cousin of mine also types as an INFP, I'll need to check the dominants of her chart. I'm very interested in how the results of this poll turn out!
Unread 08-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Banned

Funnily enough I did the test and got intp and not infp like years ago.
Unread 08-04-2016, 11:46 PM

ESTP - Tauras Sun and Moon and Saggitarus rising
Unread 08-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniani View Post
ESTP - Tauras Sun and Moon and Saggitarus rising
I just knew a Taurus would have the S part, the senses v's the intuition style of thinking...Taurus being ruled by Venus, but with the fixed, earth influence...perfect for tuning the artistic influences of Venus into something more grounded, like art work. A lot of artists have the S.
Unread 08-05-2016, 12:12 AM

INTJ

Leo Sun, Virgo Moon, Capricorn Rising
Unread 08-05-2016, 12:45 AM

Over the years - ISTP, INTP, INTJ, ESTP, ENTP, ENTJ

Sagittarius Sun, Aqua Moon and Sag Rising
Unread 08-05-2016, 03:38 AM

INTJ

Gemini Sun, Scorpio Moon and ASC
Unread 08-07-2016, 07:05 AM

IFNJ

This is another pseudoscience. Move on.
Unread 08-07-2016, 08:01 PM

*snerk* Uh-huh.

Sun in Sagittarius, Moon in Libra, Scorpio Ascending with Mars conjunct the Ascendant. ISTP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strigeidida For This Useful Post:
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-08-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I just knew a Taurus would have the S part, the senses v's the intuition style of thinking...Taurus being ruled by Venus, but with the fixed, earth influence...perfect for tuning the artistic influences of Venus into something more grounded, like art work. A lot of artists have the S.
Wow I never knew that! That is a really great insight. Unfortunately I am the worst artist ever but I love to sew, cross-stitch etc
The Following User Says Thank You to aniani For This Useful Post:
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-08-2016, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniani View Post
Wow I never knew that! That is a really great insight. Unfortunately I am the worst artist ever but I love to sew, cross-stitch etc
The S part is for people who take information in through their 5 senses, who prefer facts rather than abstract thinking and like working with their hands, rather than ideas. It's a more realistic , grounded approach. Fits perfectly with Taurus
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebell87 For This Useful Post:
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-08-2016, 12:55 AM
Banned

I think the Myers Briggs changes over time, just like transit, but mostly progressed planets.

I've done it a few different times over 25 years and there are always variations on the theme.

Maybe best to do the MB and see result and then compare it to the planets that rule the condition?

When transiting Saturn was in my 8th house conjunct my chiron/sn, I remember the test - 1994 at a new social service non profit for the purpose of "what type of enabler are you?" job interview process - I got INTJ. Progressed Moon return in 11th house.

Before that, I was an ENTF.

TWilson wrote a post about this some while back.

The results of the time are most likely linked to progressions of the angles.

I haven't looked that far into it, but that is my sense.

Last edited by Kitchy; 08-08-2016 at 01:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:32 AM

Quote:
The S part is for people who take information in through their 5 senses, who prefer facts rather than abstract thinking and like working with their hands, rather than ideas. It's a more realistic , grounded approach. Fits perfectly with Taurus
Ahh yes that is so true! Realistic and grounded sits perfectly with Taurus
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
I think the Myers Briggs changes over time, just like transit, but mostly progressed planets.
That is true. I have some friends who have drastic changes from they did their 10 years ago or a couple of years time. I think mine has been pretty much the same. I have some minor changes but overall the ES has always been consistent.
Stellium6th (08-08-2016)
Unread 08-09-2016, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Dangerously loyal!! What a rare trait to find in people. I would have you as my friend on that basis alone. Even though I'm an infp, I still think I have the ability to deduce and rationalise that an infp lacks somewhat...
Oh yeah, no profile is truly like one or the other. ENFPs are supposed to be cute and cuddly and I am only like that when I need to compare myself to others! I have another ENFP friend who is an Aries Sun/Moon/Mars and struggles to be as grounded as myself! When we discussed it we came to the conclusion my rationality was due to the excessive Te I have developed early on. Te is the third function for ENFPs which develops later in life.

I think it's the same for you as Te is the inferior function for INFPs (Fi-Ne-Si-Te) and describes the way we tend to organize and think of the world. It's Extraverted Thinking, meaning it makes us better at openly discussing certain parameters and matters of rationality out in the open, than coming up with our own logic, as someone with the Ti (Introverted Thinking) function would--INTPs, ISTPs, ENTPs, ESTPs.
I live in the XI, V, and IX Houses
Air, Water | Cardinal
Unread 08-23-2016, 04:43 AM

Gemini(gem/can cusp), Pisces rising, Scorpio moon. I've taken it 3 times and each time scored ENFP.
Unread 10-25-2016, 08:22 AM

INFP

Virgo Sun, Virgo Moon, Scorpio rising

Tags
briggs, myers, poll, sign, zodiac