Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 07-01-2016, 07:41 AM

What Zodiac Sign (or placements) indicate humility in a person?

And which ones are the least humble? And why?

The Following User Says Thank You to rollindays For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 08:47 AM

Re: What Zodiac Sign (or placements) indicate humility in a person?

Any Sun sign + the entire natal chart.
There’s your answer

Why don’t you post some examples of people’s natal charts who you perceive as having humility? I’ll help you try to look for patterns.

Last edited by Bunraku; 07-01-2016 at 08:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:14 AM

My husband has great humility. He is very well respected and successful in his creative field but he is very humble and sweet.

He has Venus in Pisces in the 11th trine Moon/Uranus in Cancer in the 3rd.

He also has Mercury and Sun in Aries in the 12th.
The Following User Says Thank You to katydid For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 11:12 AM

Yeah I agree planets in 11th and 12th houses gives a person humility, esp. if the asc ruler is in one of these houses.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 12:15 PM

Humility is the virtue of who can't have other. You should seek for goodness.

That being said, I find Taurus people, or people with a strong Taurus, to be very familiar and easy going, as long as they have good aspects to their taurus; otherwise they might be as vengeful as the worst Scorpio. That's my experience
The Following User Says Thank You to Stellium6th For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 02:13 PM

I agree planets in 12th houses are responsible for humility.

I have Sun Moon in the 12th. Mercury, Mars in the 12th.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taurusius For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 02:29 PM

I find 12th house energy to be very grounded as well. People who have their personal planets in the 12th house seem to be deeper, pensive, intuitive, spiritual, and seem to have experienced a lot in life.
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindays View Post
I find 12th house energy to be very grounded as well. People who have their personal planets in the 12th house seem to be deeper, pensive, intuitive, spiritual, and seem to have experienced a lot in life.
I disagree, I have found individuals with 12th house energy to be far from grounded.

Are you sure you are not mistaking other placements in their charts for this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sven555 For This Useful Post:
astrobunny (07-01-2016), Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven555 View Post
I disagree, I have found individuals with 12th house energy to be far from grounded.

Are you sure you are not mistaking other placements in their charts for this?
I think 12th house people are misunderstood. They have a lot of hidden knowledge, and are curious about the secrets/mysteries of life. Just because someone might have a more confident/reassured personality does not mean they are not grounded. As long as one is open to other ideas, and is always willing to learn, and consider him/herself a "student" in life, I do consider that person grounded.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rollindays For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (07-01-2016), ashriia (07-04-2016), Blaze (07-02-2016), david starling (07-01-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 05:42 PM

I'm unsure if grounded and humble are the same. I would venture to say they're not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
ashriia (07-04-2016), astrobunny (07-01-2016), Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I'm unsure if grounded and humble are the same. I would venture to say they're not.
And you venture well doing so. Some nonsensical stuff have been said, lol
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 06:01 PM
Banned

Humility, to me, is to place yourself below or at-level of the lowest others. I think it's a Pisces thing. But also - Saturn. Saturn has a lot of humility because of the nasty jobs they take on that no one else will do - indebted responsibility.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016), david starling (07-01-2016), rollindays (07-01-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Humility, to me, is to place yourself below or at-level of the lowest others. I think it's a Pisces thing. But also - Saturn. Saturn has a lot of humility because of the nasty jobs they take on that no one else will do - indebted responsibility.
Isn't the 12th house a close approximation of Pisces?
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
I am not going to address that question because I tend to stir up controversy in my opinions. But someone else can answer that for you.

I will offer that if one is willing to place him/herself with/among the lowest of the low (that they understand in their way as "low") they are often piscean. 12 house is the area of life that you find yourself surrounded by the lowest of the low or the highest of the high - It's not always negative, the great artists and musicians and dancers with 12th house or pisces, even scientists, can be very humble in their humility. giving credit where credit is due and taking a less-forward bow than the pedagogue because they realize the place they occupy - and they are okay with it - humility.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
ashriia (07-04-2016), Blaze (07-02-2016), rollindays (07-01-2016), Stellium6th (07-01-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I am not going to address that question because I tend to stir up controversy in my opinions. But someone else can answer that for you.

I will offer that if one is willing to place him/herself with/among the lowest of the low (that they understand in their way as "low") they are often piscean. 12 house is the area of life that you find yourself surrounded by the lowest of the low or the highest of the high - It's not always negative, the great artists and musicians and dancers with 12th house or pisces, even scientists, can be very humble in their humility. giving credit where credit is due and taking a less-forward bow than the pedagogue because they realize the place they occupy - and they are okay with it - humility.
I understand what you are saying, and I concur. But people shouldn't think this is about having your sun sign in Pisces, but having multiple/major planets in it, and aspects. Tbh, I am not a Pisces sun, and I only have one planet in Pisces; but I have met people with a lot of Pisces in them, and they have such an ethereal, spiritual quality about them, it is amazing.
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, and I concur. But people shouldn't think this is about having your sun sign in Pisces, but having multiple/major planets in it, and aspects. Tbh, I am not a Pisces sun, and I only have one planet in Pisces; but I have met people with a lot of Pisces in them, and they have such an ethereal, spiritual quality about them, it is amazing.
You met two. Three if I'm generous. And some if not all were preachers and/or healers. Those like to veil themselves with what you are saying
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Banned

Humility is indicated by the natal chart as a whole, not by specific placements. If we're talking on signs and placements only, then I'd say that planets in Pisces, the 12th house, 7th house, 9th house, 11th house, etc. as in everything that doesn't focus on oneself. The greatest examples of not being modest are Leo and Aries I believe.

Pisces is a sign that already knows everything. It has already accomplished everything and doesn't need to experience it again. That's why it's such a modest sign. The bad side is that Pisces is a sign that signifies depression, loneliness, etc.

Last edited by jollyzal; 07-01-2016 at 10:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jollyzal For This Useful Post:
Blaze (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-01-2016, 10:31 PM

I think house is more powerful than sign. Every single 12th house person I met had humility. Not every single person I met being a pisces had humility. Sometimes it was the exact opposite. It was a mixed bag, based on placement.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
ashriia (07-04-2016), Blaze (07-02-2016), StillOne (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
It seems the houses, at best, could be considered the natural area of concern of the signs. If you push this further and start equating signs and houses, you'll run into issues because they diverge at many points. In any case, signs show "how" so the sign a planet is in will affect how it expresses itself in a house.

Quote:
I have Sun and Venus in Pisces. I don't know if you'd consider this "a lot" of Pisces but I identify strongly with Pisces...

I get what you're saying but I would never say or think of myself as humble; I don't think about whether I'm humble or not, to be honest. I find confidence to be an admirable trait but it is one many people have a hard time believing can coexist with humility. I do find considering oneself humble to be not so humble. I also don't know about considering signs/houses to be humble all around. I think most people have a mix of traits and can be humble in certain areas and not in others.
The Following User Says Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (07-03-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
It seems the houses, at best, could be considered the natural area of concern of the signs. If you push this further and start equating signs and houses, you'll run into issues because they diverge at many points. In any case, signs show "how" so the sign a planet is in will affect how it expresses itself in a house.
Yes, houses indicate the area of life that are affected. There are some convergences and divergences between the signs and houses.

Quote:
I have Sun and Venus in Pisces. I don't know if you'd consider this "a lot" of Pisces but I identify strongly with Pisces...

I get what you're saying but I would never say or think of myself as humble; I don't think about whether I'm humble or not, to be honest. I find confidence to be an admirable trait but it is one many people have a hard time believing can coexist with humility. I do find considering oneself humble to be not so humble. I also don't know about considering signs/houses to be humble all around. I think most people have a mix of traits and can be humble in certain areas and not in others.

I think quiet confidence and humility can co-exist. Humility is acknowledging that you don't know it all, and you have to learn a lot more, and that you're a student in life.

Confidence is having assurance in your existing ability. You can have confidence, but still acknowledge you don't know many things in life, and there are people that are more knowledgeable than you.
animatedoodle (07-03-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, houses indicate the area of life that are affected. There are some convergences and divergences between the signs and houses.

I think quiet confidence and humility can co-exist. Humility is acknowledging that you don't know it all, and you have to learn a lot more, and that you're a student in life.

Confidence is having assurance in your existing ability. You can have confidence, but still acknowledge you don't know many things in life, and there are people that are more knowledgeable than you.

Your concept of humility seems too proactive, and humility is like goodness: you can't employ it or fake it; it's within you or without you.
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellium6th View Post
Your concept of humility seems too proactive, and humility is like goodness: you can't employ it or fake it; it's within you or without you.
I don't know what my concept has to do with proaction, or employing/faking it. I was just giving a definition of what I think humility is.

The only way for a person to judge if someone has humility or not is through interactions, you can tell from someone's body language if they have humility or not.
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I don't know what my concept has to do with proaction, or employing/faking it. I was just giving a definition of what I think humility is.

The only way for a person to judge if someone has humility or not is through interactions, you can tell from someone's body language if they have humility or not.
You do by the way they carry themselves. I have seen so many ''good'' actions with an interest in the background. I have listened so many ''good'' promises just to shut their conscience and keep breathing. Still that was your opinion and I respect it. I just think you will end up discovering what I meant by proaction.
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Banned

take fashion scenarios....

tell a guy he looks great in that shirt and he will puff up like foghorn leghorn and get a little shift in his shake and it makes him feel good. he's humbled by being acknowledged.

tell a gal she looks great in that dress and she will tell you at least 2 things that she doesn't like about it. she is humble and thinks she could have done better.

who is being more humble?

neither.

humility is accepting gifts from other people even if you don't feel deserving of them, as well, accepting them for the graciousness they have shown you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (07-03-2016), ashriia (07-04-2016), Stellium6th (07-02-2016)
Unread 07-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
take fashion scenarios....

tell a guy he looks great in that shirt and he will puff up like foghorn leghorn and get a little shift in his shake and it makes him feel good. he's humbled by being acknowledged.

tell a gal she looks great in that dress and she will tell you at least 2 things that she doesn't like about it. she is humble and thinks she could have done better.

who is being more humble?

neither.

humility is accepting gifts from other people even if you don't feel deserving of them, as well, accepting them for the graciousness they have shown you.

That was deep. As close to self love as it gets

Tags
humility, person, placements, sign, zodiac