Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-26-2016, 05:09 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Is she jealous of me?

This is going to sound really juvenile, to the point where my husband has dismissed me from even discussing this subject because he doesn't like pettiness at all. I am asking is one of my friends is jealous of me. I am basing this off of the fact that she never asks me about anything happening in my life and she also never "likes" anything I do on Facebook. And to be honest I ONLY noticed this because constant things pop up on Facebook for things she likes of our mutual friends and she never likes anything myself or my husband does. For instance, my husband and I are fortunate enough to afford to be able to travel often and I have found she never asks me about anything in my life at all and I kind of feel like she would be happy if I was unhappy.

The moon being in the 8th house illustrates how upset and affected I am by this. the fact that the Moon squares Saturn (her) to me shows that is is a testament to her jealously. Also, she square Jupiter, the ruler of my 5th house of pleasure, which sits in my 2nd house of prosperity. I am the Sun, in my 11th house conjunct Venus (H10 rule), which I think is positive. Late AC is also further confirmation.

Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: gif astro_w2gw_492_is_she_jealous.32782.6599.gif (51.6 KB, 47 views)

__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-26-2016, 05:22 PM
IleneK's Avatar
IleneK IleneK is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in this mysterious cosmos
Posts: 5,206
Re: Is she jealous of me?

I would look more to the reception and aspect, or lack thereof, between the primary significators. This lack of aspect being is of a special type, being averse by sign, or five signs apart. This means there is no real connection between you in that the two of you do not regard or see each other. Don't see eye to eye, don't "get" each other.

And the reception from her/Saturn to you/Sun is also adverse. She is not inclined toward you. I don't see this as jealousy. I think she just may not like you that much. Not too much more complicated than that as far as I can see.

I would note that Moon does not square Saturn. They both separate from a square. Moon does apply to a square with Mercury, so poor communication, and then to aspect Mars in Scorpio, suggesting based in receptionto Mars that maybe you dislike her, too, maybe even more?
__________________
Ilene

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012

Last edited by IleneK; 06-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-26-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016), duenderoja (06-27-2016), Kitchy (06-26-2016), oleanna (06-26-2016)
  #3  
Unread 06-26-2016, 05:41 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Moon separating from Saturn means you've come to some realization about your friendship - about its usefulness or relevance - in your emotional life..

Maybe moon has outlived the saturnian obligation of time and history in your friendship and it's a cut-and-dry cut the power source time for you.

Saturn can drain emotions and when only negative obligations are all that remain - then Moon didn't do her intended job.

Go with the moon separation on this one.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-26-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016)
  #4  
Unread 06-26-2016, 06:17 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Thanks both. I agree that there is something off with the friendship. Honestly it all seemed to turn once she started dating my male best friend who I lived with for a year. Ever since then I do feel like she has slowly been shutting me out and has become a strange version of herself (like every time she's in a relationship) where she becomes obsessive over bonding with people close to her boyfriend and neglects her actual friends. I don't want to cut the cord because she had been someone in my life basically my entire life and I love her dearly but can't help but feel really dejected at the moment.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-26-2016, 06:22 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
Thanks both. I agree that there is something off with the friendship. Honestly it all seemed to turn once she started dating my male best friend who I lived with for a year. Ever since then I do feel like she has slowly been shutting me out and has become a strange version of herself (like every time she's in a relationship) where she becomes obsessive over bonding with people close to her boyfriend and neglects her actual friends. I don't want to cut the cord because she had been someone in my life basically my entire life and I love her dearly but can't help but feel really dejected at the moment.
It's not wrong, nor is it hard, to love folks even when they treat you badly or shady - but it's wrong to let yourself be eaten up alive by them.

I've had similar experiences with my friends-in-moon relationships with women, but they eventually had to be cut off. Hurts to do it, but not as much as it hurts not to.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016)
  #6  
Unread 06-26-2016, 06:30 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
It's not wrong, nor is it hard, to love folks even when they treat you badly or shady - but it's wrong to let yourself be eaten up alive by them.

I've had similar experiences with my friends-in-moon relationships with women, but they eventually had to be cut off. Hurts to do it, but not as much as it hurts not to.
I know but I find that in my life this is constant with women. I've had so many friends I have cut out due to negativity a lot of them make me sad. It kind of ties into other posts I have made about having issues with women at work. It just seems like women in general have an issue with me and after a while they turn on me. It's really sad to me but I guess I should just accept my life for what it's.

The funny thing is that I'm not flirtatious over the top, so I have never viewed myself as a threat to other females in that respect, though I often find myself in this position with other women. I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to care anymore because it's obviously not worth it.

To be fair with this one, we did have a confrontation a few months ago where I basically laid it out for her that I did t want to be put on the middle of her relationship. I told her I was never going to side with her rants about him since I have known him for 15 years and her comparison to his exgf's is unfounded since she knows nothing about them and she is more like them that she realizes - and regardless of what she thinks or says, she is controlling as she thinks they are as well. This could haven possibly been the nail in the coffin but honestly she has Neptune conjunct her DC so I doubt she actually sees reality anyway (and also based on her relationship decisions it's pretty evident).

Last edited by anjelik; 06-26-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-26-2016, 07:28 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,514
Re: Is she jealous of me?

I have to disagree here.

I think she is just focused on her own personal life.

First of all, you are casting a chart because a friend of yours does not like your facebook pictures. The reason to why this would imply she is jelous of you, is beyond me, and at most it may show she just doesn't care about some silly facebook activity.

From the chart's perspective, there is no real reason that would show she is jelous of you. The chart shows she just doesn't care much about whatever you do on facebook. This does not imply she is jelous or hates you, but simply that she is focused on her own life.

She is Mercury, ruler of 11th (friends). She does not show resentment towards Sun (you). She is in her own house and sign.

The Moon is in the detriment of Mercury, showing you are "angry" (or some sort of negative feeling towards her), for no real reason.

The only thing that may be added, is that she and her BF may not be doing well (11th ruler and 5th ruler recently squared), and might have recently fought. And she is perhaps just focusing on that.

PS: its sad to see Horary used for such silly things.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016), duenderoja (06-27-2016), IleneK (06-26-2016), Oddity (06-26-2016), rafaella (06-27-2016), Stellium6th (06-27-2016)
  #8  
Unread 06-26-2016, 07:39 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Dirius -

it seems to me that the querant has a different issue going on - her self worth - with moon saturn turnabouts. not petty or silly question, maybe presented wrong or read wrong.

moon patterns of querant as disclosed and as shown in chart - hardships with women in her life.

moon..

I used to always wonder if my mother was jealous of me - because she would tend to minimize and mock me if I was getting any attention that she didn't see fit. A lot of moon's will dummy down to that by choosing friends instead who do the same thing.

Moon has passed perfection to Saturn - is there really ever a "silly" question that comes from that aspect?

Those moony questions at that time are points of realization in the saturnian wake.

angelik quote: "I am basing this off of the fact that she never asks me about anything happening in my life..."

This to me is an indication that querant needs to find the people who will ask about things happening in her life - which is typically what friends do.

The question has veil, admittedly, but if you parse out the statements - it's pretty telling of what's really going on - horary's beauty -

Last edited by Kitchy; 06-26-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016)
  #9  
Unread 06-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,514
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Dirius -

it seems to me that the querant has a different issue going on - her self worth - with moon saturn turnabouts. not petty or silly question, maybe presented wrong or read wrong.

moon patterns of querant as disclosed and as shown in chart - hardships with women in her life.
There is no different issue going on. The planets, through placement and reception point out to what she is asking about. They show nothing to do with her own "self-worth".

Furthermore the chart is about her friend, and what the friend thinks of the querent. It is a prertty straightfoward question. Trying to bend the chart to be about something else, doesn't really get us anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
angelik quote: "I am basing this off of the fact that she never asks me about anything happening in my life..."

This to me is an indication that querant needs to find the people who will ask about things happening in her life - which is typically what friends do.

The question has veil, admittedly, but if you parse out the statements - it's pretty telling of what's really going on - horary's beauty -
Whether she needs ot cut the friendship off or not, is not an astrological factor in the chart, given that it shows no signs of being a bad friend. At most that would be your opinion based on what the OP described she wanted in her life. And I think it pretty irresponsable to tell someone to "cut them out of your life", just because her friend is more concern with her own problems than the OP's facebook pictures.

Actually friends don't typically do that- some people just don't ask about that sort of stuff, or are busy with other things. That doesn't cancel them out as "unfriendly". Besides OP is talking about social media...which isn't exactly real interaction.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 06-26-2016 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016), duenderoja (06-27-2016), IleneK (06-27-2016), Oddity (06-26-2016)
  #10  
Unread 06-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Is she jealous of me?

i follow the moon. i listen to the moon question and not the words written and there is always a moonglow in the question, when really mooned out.

i like to call it a Moongenda

look at querant's 2nd house - overwhelmed and opposed. by someone else. someone has her self worth in their pocket.

look at moon's house placement.

it's cool to disagree, but at the same time, never bad to see it from another angle.

cheers to horary and all our disagreements.

let the verte be in the outcome.

hopefully, querant will be forthright to follow up with where the resolve was met - either in termination or win-win agreement or status quo.

Last edited by Kitchy; 06-26-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-26-2016)
  #11  
Unread 06-26-2016, 09:26 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

I don't think that she is just so submerged in her own life that she is just neglecting mine. I only say this because every single time I see a photo posted by a family member of his she "likes" it. As an example, my friend (her bf) and his mother have the same first name and his friend accidentally tagged me in the photos and she "liked" those. My husband and I were on a vacation in Bali and I posted some photos and she never liked any of them. That was part of my realisation in a way. Other than every time I would open my app seeing "Liked my XXX and 20 other people." But she clearly deliberately chooses to not engage with me. Additionally, one of her friends became pregnant a few months ago and she said to me that she was sad about it. And when I pointed out her selfishness she became defensive. This is about another girl I am no longer friends with because she decided to name call me and become rude. But I can see the silver lining because I know from knowing this girl for year (although we haven't been friends for about 4 years) that having children was paramount to her. My friend said she is "sad for her" because she won't have the things "we have" and "see the world," which ironically is hilarious because this person only got a passport when I moved to Europe. She hasn't seen jack sh*t, so who is she to suddenly be this enlightened Buddha to what someone else wants or needs?

Also, just to clarify, isn't "the other" indicated by the 7th house in horary. She isn't the 11th house. If anything, her boyfriend is he 11th house because he is my friend and her love interest.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

Last edited by anjelik; 06-26-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 06-26-2016, 09:38 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I have to disagree here.

I think she is just focused on her own personal life.

First of all, you are casting a chart because a friend of yours does not like your facebook pictures. The reason to why this would imply she is jelous of you, is beyond me, and at most it may show she just doesn't care about some silly facebook activity.

From the chart's perspective, there is no real reason that would show she is jelous of you. The chart shows she just doesn't care much about whatever you do on facebook. This does not imply she is jelous or hates you, but simply that she is focused on her own life.

She is Mercury, ruler of 11th (friends). She does not show resentment towards Sun (you). She is in her own house and sign.

The Moon is in the detriment of Mercury, showing you are "angry" (or some sort of negative feeling towards her), for no real reason.

The only thing that may be added, is that she and her BF may not be doing well (11th ruler and 5th ruler recently squared), and might have recently fought. And she is perhaps just focusing on that.

PS: its sad to see Horary used for such silly things.
I'm not meaning for horary to focus on silly things. To be honest this has been bothering me for a while now and it actually occurred to me this morning when I had a text from one of my friends asking "How are things with X?" And it just made me think, really, nothing is better and it's just so strained and odd. I feel like I don't even know her anymore and it makes me feel sad and alienated. I am not someone who forges superficial relationships so once I establish a friendship it typically runs pretty deep, so when something like this happens it is cutting to me. Maybe not to someone else, but for me to open up and show any sort of vulnerability to someone it means that I trust you. It's difficult to even discuss this with my husband because men just don't operate like women and he is quite opposite to me. He has 47847328473289 friends and even his "best friends" quadruple mine in terms of numbers. I don't want to seem like a child or petty but I have been legitimately upset about this since February (that is when I noticed the change).
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-26-2016, 10:15 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucedelsole View Post
I was going to say basically the same thing- that your friend is Mercury and is not jealous but just doesn't care what you are posting. With the moon in detriment of mercury, It shows you are bent out of shape over this And since it squares mercury in 5 units, this could show a confrontation which she won't receive very well. Why do you care if she asks questions about your life or likes your fb stuff?
Because she said to me a few months ago that I am selfish because I don't ask anything about her relationship with my friend (this was fueled by her basically ranting about him to me and me telling her that he is who he is. I do however take am interest in her life and always ask what's new, etc. just never ask explicitly about them). And to which I responded that she is a hypocrite because she has never asked me once how I am adjusting to living in the UK and how my life is. Additionally, I have no interest in being caught in the middle of her drama with my friend because he is like a brother to me and I don't agree with her discrepencies since they essentially go against the grain of his personality. It's like she wants to change him into something he is not and I've said to her "but that is how he was before you were dating" and she doesn't like my response. I think she doesn't like my lack of sympathy and siding with not siding with her.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 06-26-2016, 10:48 PM
Iced8Ace Iced8Ace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 309
Re: Is she jealous of me?

She has no ill intent, as I have learned from other members in a similar question. Her being in her own sign is a good thing.

If you weren't close to her lately or in the past, who cares. Your true friends will ring you up and catch up. If she was never one of those people, don't take it personally. If she demands your attention, just ignore her.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iced8Ace For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016)
  #15  
Unread 06-26-2016, 11:10 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced8Ace View Post
She has no ill intent, as I have learned from other members in a similar question. Her being in her own sign is a good thing.

If you weren't close to her lately or in the past, who cares. Your true friends will ring you up and catch up. If she was never one of those people, don't take it personally. If she demands your attention, just ignore her.
She is one of my best friends and I think that's why I am taking it very personally. Like I mentioned, I'm not one to accumulate lots of meaningless friendships, so for me it feels almost like a rejection. It is hard being a 6 hour plane ride away from people you love and care about. She is similar to my husband in the respect of having a huge friendship circle. Maybe she doesn't realize but based on the statistics I think she is slightly conscious that she is behaving this way towards me.

Last edited by anjelik; 06-26-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 06-26-2016, 11:36 PM
Iced8Ace Iced8Ace is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 309
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
She is one of my best friends and I think that's why I am taking it very personally. Like I mentioned, I'm not one to accumulate lots of meaningless friendships, so for me it feels almost like a rejection. It is hard being a 6 hour plane ride away from people you love and care about. She is similar to my husband in the respect of having a huge friendship circle. Maybe she doesn't realize but based on the statistics I think she is slightly conscious that she is behaving this way towards me.
You've probably grown apart, which is why she isn't meeting your expectations anymore. If you've already told her your feelings are hurt and she persists in her lack of interest, then you might be better off reducing her to being an acquaintance.

I lost a best friend of 6 years and just weeks later, I met people that I connected with better. It happens, but not if you give the wrong people most of your time.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iced8Ace For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016)
  #17  
Unread 06-27-2016, 01:02 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,514
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
I don't think that she is just so submerged in her own life that she is just neglecting mine. I only say this because every single time I see a photo posted by a family member of his she "likes" it. As an example, my friend (her bf) and his mother have the same first name and his friend accidentally tagged me in the photos and she "liked" those. My husband and I were on a vacation in Bali and I posted some photos and she never liked any of them. That was part of my realisation in a way. Other than every time I would open my app seeing "Liked my XXX and 20 other people." But she clearly deliberately chooses to not engage with me. Additionally, one of her friends became pregnant a few months ago and she said to me that she was sad about it. And when I pointed out her selfishness she became defensive. This is about another girl I am no longer friends with because she decided to name call me and become rude. But I can see the silver lining because I know from knowing this girl for year (although we haven't been friends for about 4 years) that having children was paramount to her. My friend said she is "sad for her" because she won't have the things "we have" and "see the world," which ironically is hilarious because this person only got a passport when I moved to Europe. She hasn't seen jack sh*t, so who is she to suddenly be this enlightened Buddha to what someone else wants or needs?

Also, just to clarify, isn't "the other" indicated by the 7th house in horary. She isn't the 11th house. If anything, her boyfriend is he 11th house because he is my friend and her love interest.
There is nothing strange with the situation you described.

She would be a 7th house person if she was a mere acquaintance, someone you happen to know but you don't really get along on a personal basis. The 11th house is the one for friends. Given that you and her do have a bond (despite at the moment being damaged) she is represented by your house of friends. A mere acquaintance not liking your pictures wouldn't probably affect you.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016), duenderoja (06-27-2016)
  #18  
Unread 06-27-2016, 01:12 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,514
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
i follow the moon. i listen to the moon question and not the words written and there is always a moonglow in the question, when really mooned out.

i like to call it a Moongenda

look at querant's 2nd house - overwhelmed and opposed. by someone else. someone has her self worth in their pocket.

look at moon's house placement.

it's cool to disagree, but at the same time, never bad to see it from another angle.

cheers to horary and all our disagreements.

let the verte be in the outcome.

hopefully, querant will be forthright to follow up with where the resolve was met - either in termination or win-win agreement or status quo.
I understand there are different types of horary, and everyone is free to post or analyse a chart the way they prefer, and are not required to use Lilly's horary method.

That being said, I really don't see how that "self-worth" stuff is in anyway related to the situation the querent posted.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
duenderoja (06-27-2016)
  #19  
Unread 06-27-2016, 05:28 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,104
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Totally agree with Dirius. She is Mercury, and has no interest in Sun at least in any negative way, she is not jealous or hates, she is just concerned with her own issues, Mercury is strong and in its own sign and house.

However, I'm thinking Jupiter in your 2nd may indicate something about the photos or things you post that may not be to her liking, it could be a mutual friend. 2nd is things you possess or your inbox, things belonging to you. Or perhaps something what Dirius suggested, her friend. So whatever it is, its in the past yet Moon is still there as it just separated from Jup.

Moon with SN and in detriment of Mercury, I think, your husband is right, as he is not into these petty things, and you should leave it behind too. You are getting worried over nothing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
duenderoja (06-27-2016)
  #20  
Unread 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

First, thanks for the responses from everyone. I haven’t spoken about this to anyone in my life other than my husband because I feel so ridiculous even caring or noticing this. The interesting part to me is that it is something I never noticed up until recently after I had a conversation with a family member about her being a “liker” on social media. She says she does it because she doesn’t want to hurt people’s feelings. I actually laughed at her and said I never even look at who “likes” my photos, but that is something that my husband always looks at. However, since that conversation I think she may have triggered something inside me, because now it bothers me!!! And I actually HATE that it does. I think the fact that I have moved to another country makes me rely on Facebook a little more to interact with my friends or family - it does make me feel connected. For instance, any trip that I have taken this year I have posted photos and it’s really just so I can share albums with people like my mom or sister. I just returned from a trip and one of the first things my mom said to me was “Let me know when you upload the photos, can’t wait to see them!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
I think to frame the dynamic of women continually turning against you as your "life for what it is" and then to explain all the things you are not, is to avoid what could be a really important matter in your life.

If this is a contunous repeating pattern as you say, then you are not looking carefully enough into yourself as a party to this matter, and by that I mean you are not recognizing some of your unconscious habitual patterns. It's okay to choose not look deeply into yourself. But at the very least, I think it important to recognize your part in this repeating pattern of alienation.
I agree with you, but if it is unconscious then how am I to even recognize the pattern? I don’t think we will have a complete fall out and terminate our friendship. I have known her literally her entire life and we have gone through cycles like this before, so I do think it will work itself out. But I am interested to know what about me rubs some women the wrong way, outside of this horary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
There is nothing strange with the situation you described.

She would be a 7th house person if she was a mere acquaintance, someone you happen to know but you don't really get along on a personal basis. The 11th house is the one for friends. Given that you and her do have a bond (despite at the moment being damaged) she is represented by your house of friends. A mere acquaintance not liking your pictures wouldn't probably affect you.
OK, that makes sense then. But I am in the 11th house, along with my 10th house ruler (public image, etc). What significance does that have? Does it just mean that I am very concerned about my friendship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Totally agree with Dirius. She is Mercury, and has no interest in Sun at least in any negative way, she is not jealous or hates, she is just concerned with her own issues, Mercury is strong and in its own sign and house.

However, I'm thinking Jupiter in your 2nd may indicate something about the photos or things you post that may not be to her liking, it could be a mutual friend. 2nd is things you possess or your inbox, things belonging to you. Or perhaps something what Dirius suggested, her friend. So whatever it is, its in the past yet Moon is still there as it just separated from Jup.

Moon with SN and in detriment of Mercury, I think, your husband is right, as he is not into these petty things, and you should leave it behind too. You are getting worried over nothing.
I think Mercury being in its own sign and house would describe her well. I think she is someone who is very self-assured. I think Jupiter in the 2nd house kind of points to something. Mutual friend would be her boyfriend is one of my other best friends. I confronted her about 6 weeks ago about her detachment because she made some rude comment to me and I basically laid it out to her that I decided not to chase her friendship and let her come to me because I felt that perhaps I would relying on the friendship too much and holding on to something that was in the past. She immediately reacted and told me that wasn’t the case, but we need to speak. We spoke via Skype and she brought up her relationship with my friend and she implied that perhaps I was jealous that she took him away from me. I told her that was not the case, but I felt the dynamic of my friendship with both of them has changed because it’s like certain things are off-limits to joke about, etc. and I am unsure where the line is. She also said something to the effect that also maybe I am jealous because I was a NYC girl always going out and now she is doing those things. I told her that was not the case either because I was tired of my NYC lifestyle before I even left NY and didn’t really go out as much because the luster had worn off for me at a certain point. Plus I am having an awesome time traveling all around the world at the moment, so going out to dinner and sporting events in NY doesn’t really mean anything to me except nostalgia of missing my friends/family. So I guess for me, the jealousy question kind of came into play because I feel like she isn’t necessarily jealous of ME, but maybe of my lifestyle or how it is projected on social media. For instance, in the last 356 days I have gone to Ireland, Czech Republic, New York, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Spain and Hong Kong and Bali. For anyone who doesn’t know me well they would think that my husband and I crazy jet setters (we're not. We fly on our air miles or Easy Jet. My husband literally eats hamburgers anywhere we go since he is the pickiest eater I've ever met). I guess my jealousy question was more along the lines of her lack of acknowledgment of anything I do that is fun or interesting. Even when my sister came over to visit, she never asked how that was. It's like she doesn't want to give me the satisfaction of acknowledging that my life at the moment is not monotonous.

I could be making an issue out of nothing. Maybe it’s my insecurity (cancer) in growing apart (sun separating from Mercury). Mercury DOES square the Moon though….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucedelsole View Post
Something that might help is just being upfront and honest about how it hurts your feelings that she doesn't 'like' your fb stuff or show an interest in your life. A true friend is not going to turn away from you for this. Before doing this, if you do, just go over what you want to say first so you don't sound controversial.

Btw, do you 'like' her stuff? Its really a two way street with fb. Its like a really silly social game sometimes. But the more you like of someone else's stuff the more likely they are to reciprocate.
As I mentioned above, I was honest with her about my feelings in terms of our friendship a few weeks ago. I don’t see much of an improvement, but I guess this is typical of her in a relationship because if I can think back to previous relationships I always feel like she slips away and becomes this odd version of herself where she submerges herself in the other persons world in a way. And yes, of course I like her stuff when I see it and if it’s interesting. I try to be supportive to my friends and show an interest and especially being so far away from them at the moment I think it’s important to try and keep in touch with them since we don’t have that face time anymore.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

Last edited by anjelik; 06-27-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 06-27-2016, 09:54 AM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,559
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Based on what I feel from this chart... I wouldn't say she's jealous, she just resents you for being so showy. That's not her world at all. I feel she thinks its boring. She's out for variety and different stuff - the weird, the strange, the unturned stone per se in her own way. Sun in Cancer with a Leo ASC isn't that favorable for a question like this, imho. It shows you as having a very subjective nature and having difficulty seeing outside your own feelings and point of view, whereas she is the more objective, detached Gemini and Aquarius (which, in your defense, are very, very much "online" signs).

Last edited by LovelyMissAries; 06-27-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovelyMissAries For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016)
  #22  
Unread 06-27-2016, 10:03 AM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
Based on what I feel from this chart... I wouldn't say she's jealous, she just resents you for being so showy. That's not her world at all. I feel she thinks its boring. She's out for variety and different stuff - the weird, the strange, the unturned stone per se in her own way. Sun in Cancer with a Leo ASC isn't that favorable for a question like this, imho. It shows you as having a very subjective nature and having difficulty seeing outside your own feelings and point of view, whereas she is the more objective, detached Gemini and Aquarius (which, in your defense, are very, very much "online" signs).
The resentment for being showy makes sense to me. Also, me having a subjective opinion is also probably true, since I am sometimes very fixed in my opinions and it's difficult to change my mind once it's made up (Mercury in Aqua). I disagree that it isn't her nature or world, because she is constantly uploading photos of her at fancy restaurants, or in box seats somewhere, etc. If it wasn't her nature then she would keep it to herself, no? She is like the selfie queen when it comes to posting photos and even airbrushes herself.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 06-27-2016, 10:36 AM
Stellium6th Stellium6th is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 190
Re: Is she jealous of me?

To my ken, you are what you seem to perceive within others. And it's strange having that life you are commenting. You may want to cultivate yourself a bit more and drop off that facebook stuff.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stellium6th For This Useful Post:
Inline (06-27-2016), Tessie (06-29-2016)
  #24  
Unread 06-27-2016, 04:07 PM
LovelyMissAries's Avatar
LovelyMissAries LovelyMissAries is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: US
Posts: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
The resentment for being showy makes sense to me. Also, me having a subjective opinion is also probably true, since I am sometimes very fixed in my opinions and it's difficult to change my mind once it's made up (Mercury in Aqua). I disagree that it isn't her nature or world, because she is constantly uploading photos of her at fancy restaurants, or in box seats somewhere, etc. If it wasn't her nature then she would keep it to herself, no? She is like the selfie queen when it comes to posting photos and even airbrushes herself.
I don't mean fancy things aren't her world, but traveling isn't something she Venus's. Or stble married life isn't something she can relate to, or whatever else you do isn't what she's into is my point. I brought that up because of your 2nd house signs. Hers is in Pisces and yours Virgo. I apply my own observations about each sign to that house, and from what I've gathered Virgo always likes to project this image of perfection when things may not be, and Pisces may project an image of being a hot mess when things may not be. 2nd house Pisces would value art, emotion, etc. over neatness and orded (Virgo). Two, look where Jupiter and Mercury are and just think about things related to them. Three, she's also rep by Aquarius because Venus would be the friendship planet in general. Aquarius is a sign that can get along with anybody but usually can't fit into one group. Or in astrology, imo, Aquarius shows up whereever we don't get it, or as someone who's a black sheep since it's the "odd ball" sign. That being said maybe she likes their stuff because she is trying to be noticed by them (so, also for show but more political, which is Aquarian) and climb socially where she doesn't have to think about that with you.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovelyMissAries For This Useful Post:
anjelik (06-27-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016)
  #25  
Unread 06-27-2016, 04:32 PM
anjelik's Avatar
anjelik anjelik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,523
Re: Is she jealous of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMissAries View Post
I don't mean fancy things aren't her world, but traveling isn't something she Venus's. Or stble married life isn't something she can relate to, or whatever else you do isn't what she's into is my point. I brought that up because of your 2nd house signs. Hers is in Pisces and yours Virgo. I apply my own observations about each sign to that house, and from what I've gathered Virgo always likes to project this image of perfection when things may not be, and Pisces may project an image of being a hot mess when things may not be. 2nd house Pisces would value art, emotion, etc. over neatness and orded (Virgo). Two, look where Jupiter and Mercury are and just think about things related to them. Three, she's also rep by Aquarius because Venus would be the friendship planet in general. Aquarius is a sign that can get along with anybody but usually can't fit into one group. Or in astrology, imo, Aquarius shows up whereever we don't get it, or as someone who's a black sheep since it's the "odd ball" sign. That being said maybe she likes their stuff because she is trying to be noticed by them (so, also for show but more political, which is Aquarian) and climb socially where she doesn't have to think about that with you.
That all makes a lot more sense to me and I think Pisces/Virgo actually does summarise us both quite well. I think you kind of nailed it and maybe she feels like I am different too (I couldn't say, because I am me and I don't think I've changed, but people always change). So maybe me being in a marriage she feels I am slightly different and un-relatable. Also, the projection of perfection does seem to be accurate because I think if you looked at what we do you would think our lives are perfect, but it's all a facade because social media isn't reality - its the reality we choose to project. Her social media person makes her look like she is a hot mess at times, but I know she isn't really like that in real life. The social climbing makes sense too, and when I see it I do look at her with "that isn't really you" kind of eyes. I've found it confusing because it's not something that ever really seemed to matter to her until recently. Those things have mattered to me more than her.

Thank you for this, it actually gave me some perspective.
__________________
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." -Anais Nin

Last edited by anjelik; 06-27-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anjelik For This Useful Post:
LovelyMissAries (06-27-2016)
Reply

Tags
jealous

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.