People who dont believe in Astrology

CapSunAquMoon

I am kind of annoyed that I am the only one that "believes" in astrology amongst my peers and family. Especially when you know it would help. I wonder why religion is so easily accepted and not astrology? Sometimes I feel delusional bringing it up to other people. This year particularly, I had Jupiter conjunct my SR 9th house and I think that has contributed to my now what seems to be an obsession. But I'm really just venting here. Do you have a large group of peers you discussion astrology with? Do you think astrology is a gift ? And am I the only one who finds it funny that certain placements and aspects draws you to astrology, meaning not everyone was meant to understand its own existence ? :andy:

I am 24, I remember reading my first astrology book in 6th grade and I've been hooked ever since. But I guess that's what coming with being an Aquarius rising :lol:

JUPITERASC

I am kind of annoyed that I am the only one that "believes" in astrology amongst my peers and family. Especially when you know it would help. I wonder why religion is so easily accepted and not astrology? Sometimes I feel delusional bringing it up to other people. This year particularly, I had Jupiter conjunct my SR 9th house and I think that has contributed to my now what seems to be an obsession. But I'm really just venting here. Do you have a large group of peers you discussion astrology with? Do you think astrology is a gift ? And am I the only one who finds it funny that certain placements and aspects draws you to astrology, meaning not everyone was meant to understand its own existence ? :andy:

I am 24, I remember reading my first astrology book in 6th grade and I've been hooked ever since. But I guess that's what coming with being an Aquarius rising :lol:
Some people are sceptical regarding astrology because everyone has different opinions and that's ok :smile:
In India astrology is considered a science
so the attitude is dependent on culture as well

kronos

Hey, I just want to let you know, that I have a few friends that I can talk about astrology with in a very casual way. Very natural part of our conversations as if we're talking about anything else. And if someone doesn't believe in astrology, show them a picture of the eyes of several Scorpios. You can start with Leonardo DiCaprio and you'll see what I mean. I'm sorry that you're surrounded by a bunch of conventional people with a limited scope of consciousness.

CapSunAquMoon

Hey, I just want to let you know, that I have a few friends that I can talk about astrology with in a very casual way. Very natural part of our conversations as if we're talking about anything else. And if someone doesn't believe in astrology, show them a picture of the eyes of several Scorpios. You can start with Leonardo DiCaprio and you'll see what I mean. I'm sorry that you're surrounded by a bunch of conventional people with a limited scope of consciousness.

lol "limited scope of consciousness" I like how you put that. But yea your right, I even did two of my friends birth charts and even though they said it was pretty acurate they were not amused at all :pinched:

CapAquaPis

In my family, I'm the only one who follows astrology and briefly as a teen and in my 20s, I didn't believe in astrology due to questioning the practice in scientific means. I'm interested in the paranormal and supernatural, and I'm an agnostic when it comes to religious beliefs. Not everyone believes in astrology and that's the way it is. I can't force people to believe what I believe, I go to this and other forums devoted to astrology to discuss my interests with others holding similar viewpoints like I do.

CapSunAquMoon

In my family, I'm the only one who follows astrology and briefly as a teen and in my 20s, I didn't believe in astrology due to questioning the practice in scientific means. I'm interested in the paranormal and supernatural, and I'm an agnostic when it comes to religious beliefs. Not everyone believes in astrology and that's the way it is. I can't force people to believe what I believe, I go to this and other forums devoted to astrology to discuss my interests with others holding similar viewpoints like I do.

Oh let me be clear lol ... I don't want people to believe everything I believe! Everyone has their own beliefs and that's wonderful. I'm just sad I don't have any Astrology friends in my everyday life since I love this discussing it so much:sideways::sideways:

Slenkar

If the birth chart doesn't work.,.

I've found Saturn dhaiyya or small panoti (probably spelt wrong) in vedic astrology to be very accurate in predicting bad times.
Sade sati is an accurate prediction of life changes.

Bunraku

Some of my friends have an open mind and want to listen, some have accepted it, some require more physical/tangible evidence, and some don't really care.

I analyzed a friend of mine who didn't think about astrology that much until I brought it up in a convo , and he says my analysis was accurate. But I'm sure it didn't turn him to a believer, cuz he didn't really care and went back to gaming or whatever he does. :whistling: We all have different interests in life.

Another friend of mine doesn't believe. He posted on his Facebook that planets don't affect us in any way.

Another friend likes to listen to me talk about Astrology to analyze a birth chart.

Another friend of mine I openly had a discussion with on Astrology and comes to me with birth charts to analyze.

Variety :bandit:

I know what you mean. I was hooked on astrology as soon as I figured out what sun signs were. None of my friends or fam believe in it.

I tried to convince my mom of it by showing her that something so basic and simple as your Sun sign can reveal a lot about you. Now I know the Asc is the physical descriptor house, but I've found the Sun also describes appearance and personality well.

Here's an example: My mom is a Leo sun. She has the typical thick, curly mane, large features (big lips/big, straight pearly white teeth) and outgoing personality that almost all Leo suns have. I told her that it was no coincidence my friend who is also a Leo sun shares similar traits. My friend also has super thick, super curly hair, huge brown eyes and big, white teeth; she was also homecoming queen our senior year and always partying in high school, so she was outgoing like my mom. To convince her even more I reminded her of yet another friend, a male. He too had huge teeth, huge eyes, big nose and a thick head of hair; his personality was also outgoing and flirty. My mom said it was just a coincidence that they were all Leo suns who shared the same physical traits despite being different ethnicities and ages.

I've noticed sun signs all share similar physical traits. I know of a few others

Vyri

Banned
When you've developed and honed your abilities in astrology especially horary...that's when you can prove somewhat the science to them and look at their faces when they show disbelief. I wish more professors at college's would introduce into the curriculum astrological studies, or rather the schools. What a pip that would be. Has anyone experienced the Pluto Uranus Square recently? Strange about the topic here and the aspect, eh?

All the best
Vyri

When you've developed and honed your abilities in astrology especially horary...that's when you can prove somewhat the science to them and look at their faces when they show disbelief. I wish more professors at college's would introduce into the curriculum astrological studies, or rather the schools. What a pip that would be. Has anyone experienced the Pluto Uranus Square recently? Strange about the topic here and the aspect, eh?

All the best
Vyri

Astrology would be beneficial in medical school as well.

dhundhun

You believe in Astrology. You must have read your chart or taken help of others to read you chart. What your chart says for this situations?

Abby

My whole family is super religious and I wasn't allowed to explore astrology. But I secretly did anyways. I originally didn't believe in it because I had thought there were just sun signs. When I discovered how deep it is I became hooked. There is still so much for me to learn. Astrology should be a religion, ha ha ha.

dhundhun

My whole family is super religious and I wasn't allowed to explore astrology. But I secretly did anyways. I originally didn't believe in it because I had thought there were just sun signs. When I discovered how deep it is I became hooked. There is still so much for me to learn. Astrology should be a religion, ha ha ha.

It is somewhere. Most of Hindu religion, traditions, rituals, etc. based on Vedic Astrology - or in other words, they go together.

iauiugu

I too am surrounded by non-believers, mostly. My partner is vehemently against it (he's a hardcore rationalist, the most pure left-brain rational person i know) but tolerates it (particularly when I connected it to his cultural background, Jewish Kabbalah, though at first he was offended)

I've come from a rationalist background myself (identified as atheist and nihilist from my early teens, continued doing so even as i actually started to learn what they meant, until i had an epiphany near the end of college, getting me into closed system thinking, myers-briggs, qualitative type systems, myth and folklore, all to diving into astrology about a year ago) and have some recollection of why I was against it -- and other reasons I've learned when bringing up astrology in mixed company

- many astrology-supporters and pop media explicitly say or implicitly suggest that planets have a causal effect on the goings-on of humans, which is really, really unlikely to be true. most academically-inclined astrologers i've found rebuke this causal explanation, but it persists in the collective ether that astrology is so opposed to the dominant rational view of the universe and its known forces

- astrology is connected to new ageism, which generally has a bad rap in culture and society as a leftover of the 60s, opposed to a budding system of study in its own right

- astrology seems like a scheme for good tone/behavior readers to manipulate clients with astrological babble to that confirms their existing assumptions about themselves, for their money. i've heard people refer to sun sign astrology as their basis for this claim, as it often is written in such general ways that they find it useless

- on top of the poor public image of astrology, science and academia is pretty swayed towards reductionism, materialism, atomism... in essence, only that which can be put into numbers or equations. the social science either tow towards the hard sciences and emphasize behavioralism, biochemistry and/or statistics (leading to manuals of vaguely-worded pathologies and a centerless amalgamation of psychology phenomena), though some like anthropology emphasize participant-observation, the inevitable interference of the measuring process, and faith that not all qualitative analysis is without import

it would also help if astrology had a clear center of professionalism and a clearer standard of research. and if its metaphysical principals could be better articulated. most rationalists i know can't stand believing something that can't be rectified with their total understanding of reality.

Last edited:

CapSunAquMoon

You believe in Astrology. You must have read your chart or taken help of others to read you chart. What your chart says for this situations?

Still trying to understand it but based on my 12th house that I have a strong oneness with the universe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 9.20.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-06 at 9.20.30 AM.png
    346.1 KB · Views: 38
I don't know anyone else who really understands astrology, but at this point in my life, (I'm 36), everyone that I associate with is pretty open to it. My biggest problem is that everyone expects me to be an astrologer and I have to constantly explain that I'm still learning and no, I can't tell you when you'll be rich, lol.
I have had good results explaining astrology to non-believers by pointing out that we are clearly influenced by the Moon, (tides, reproductive cycles, etc.)and people often have an "aha" moment once they put that together, then I say, "if our small Moon affects us that much, don't you think that the larger planets like Jupiter and Saturn must have some effect?".

JUPITERASC

I don't know anyone else who really understands astrology, but at this point in my life, (I'm 36), everyone that I associate with is pretty open to it. My biggest problem is that everyone expects me to be an astrologer and I have to constantly explain that I'm still learning and no, I can't tell you when you'll be rich, lol.
I have had good results explaining astrology to non-believers by pointing out that we are clearly influenced by the Moon, (tides, reproductive cycles, etc.)
and people often have an "aha" moment once they put that together, then I say,
"if our small Moon affects us that much, don't you think that the larger planets like Jupiter and Saturn must have some effect?".
And if our small Moon affects us that much
and is only visible due to reflecting the light of the Sun
as are planets such as Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn as well

then
keeping in mind that
without the light from the Sun
human life as we understand it is impossible on earth

so then
the Sun itself clearly has a major effect :smile:

All the best
Vyri

I have Uranus Opposite natal Pluto now which crossed my Mc a few months back. I'm not sure if that's like a square but things have certainly been strange since it crossed my Mc.