Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background

Introduce Yourself and Your Astrology Background Here you are welcome to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you please while also talking about your interest in astrology: we would love to get to know you! Please do not post requests for astrological chart readings or astrological advertisements here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-16-2015, 03:59 PM
SiriusLight SiriusLight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 10
New member greetings

Hello all,
I've had a life-long interest in astrology but have become serious about learning and application during the past several months. I've learned enough to know that I have a lot more to learn! My general tendency is to work intuitively but I realize now that I need to have a strong framework of astrological science with which to use that intuition. I'm currently pretty perplexed by things like aspects and progressions. Anyway, this forum looks great and I'm glad to be here!
Blessings!

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-16-2015, 05:04 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,828
Welcome, to Sirius

Sirius,

Welcome to the AW Forum! You will find a lot to discuss and learn from here!

Welcoming,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-16-2015, 08:23 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62,481
Re: New member greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusLight View Post

Hello all,
I've had a life-long interest in astrology but have become serious about learning and application during the past several months.
I've learned enough to know that I have a lot more to learn! My general tendency is to work intuitively
but I realize now that I need to have a strong framework of astrological science with which to use that intuition.
I'm currently pretty perplexed by things like aspects and progressions.
Anyway, this forum looks great and I'm glad to be here!
Blessings!
Hello SiriusLight welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum
a FREE study resource that's a great read for study is:
AN INSTRODUCTION TO ASPECTS AND CHART SHAPING
IN ASTROLOGY by Nicholas Campion
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

EDIT

Always interesting to study resources! HOUSES OF WEALTH http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...859#post388859
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 02-17-2015 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-16-2015, 09:41 PM
AstroLogical's Avatar
AstroLogical AstroLogical is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central California Foothills
Posts: 210
Re: New member greetings

YES, welcome!
There may well be different influences and schools of thought under the big umbrella of astrology but as you learn, process and chew on the information do continue to listen to your intuition as your main inner voice.
__________________
The deeper your belief the greater you commitment to uphold that belief... until it becomes your truth.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62,481
Re: New member greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusLight View Post

My general tendency is to work intuitively

but I realize now that I need to have a strong framework of astrological science


with which to use that intuition.
some more great info on PLANETS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun.html

SIGNS http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aries.html

HOUSES http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Blaze's Avatar
Blaze Blaze is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 9,745
Re: New member greetings

Y̶e̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶.̶ ̶

E̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶~̶

My welcome was so boring...eh.

Lets redo that.

Greetings and salutations! I, Blaze, welcome you wholeheartedly!

That sounds better, I think.
__________________
Beginnings are married to endings.

Last edited by Blaze; 02-17-2015 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-17-2015, 02:06 AM
SiriusLight SiriusLight is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 10
Re: New member greetings

Thanks all for the hellos and thank you, JUPITERASC for the links!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 02-17-2015, 07:48 PM
AstroLogical's Avatar
AstroLogical AstroLogical is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central California Foothills
Posts: 210
Re: New member greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Hello SiriusLight welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum
a FREE study resource that's a great read for study is:
AN INSTRODUCTION TO ASPECTS AND CHART SHAPING
IN ASTROLOGY by Nicholas Campion
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...859#post388859

Jup

I followed the link and it took me to a post by Poyi on Houses and Cusps. Was that your intent? If so I miss the connection to the book you suggest. You see, though I may not align with you on all matters I do listen and try to learn.
__________________
The deeper your belief the greater you commitment to uphold that belief... until it becomes your truth.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:40 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62,481
Re: New member greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroLogical View Post
Jup

I followed the link and it took me to a post by Poyi on Houses and Cusps. Was that your intent?
If so I miss the connection to the book you suggest.
You see, though I may not align with you on all matters I do listen and try to learn.
UPDATED/EDITED
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

Hello SiriusLight welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum
a FREE study resource that's a great read for study is:
AN INSTRODUCTION TO ASPECTS AND CHART SHAPING
IN ASTROLOGY by Nicholas Campion
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/aspects2.html

EDIT

Always interesting to study resources! HOUSES OF WEALTH http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...859#post388859
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:42 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62,481
Re: New member greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusLight View Post

Thanks all for the hellos and thank you, JUPITERASC for the links!
That's ok
Another useful link
http://forumonastrology.com/foa/newmain.html
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 02-19-2015, 03:30 AM
Drewby2410 Drewby2410 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Hello Everyone

Hello to everyone here on this forum.

My name is Andrew Wilson. I am a complete astrology newbie and I am in search of knowledge of Astrology.

-I want to learn its history
-To know legitimate astrology from phony astrology
-How astrology works

I know the term 'Astrology' is all-encompassing...which is probably why I will start with history I guess? As I assume there are different styles or practices or however I should phrase it.

I'm 26, born on March 30, which I'm told is Aries....though I've heard others say that is incorrect.

You could say I'm thoroughly interested at the very least

I hope this message finds you well.

-Drew
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 02-19-2015, 08:29 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 62,481
Re: Hello Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewby2410 View Post

Hello to everyone here on this forum.

My name is Andrew Wilson. I am a complete astrology newbie and I am in search of knowledge of Astrology.

-I want to learn its history
-To know legitimate astrology from phony astrology
-How astrology works


I know the term 'Astrology' is all-encompassing...which is probably why I will start with history I guess?
As I assume there are different styles or practices or however I should phrase it.


I'm 26, born on March 30, which I'm told is Aries....though I've heard others say that is incorrect.

You could say I'm thoroughly interested at the very least

I hope this message finds you well.

-Drew
Hello Drewby and welcome

'......Donna O’Connor and Richard Smykowsky have put together an impressive, thought-provoking website
as a basis to promote their teachings on astrology. The site is subtitled 'Reviewing the Gems of Heritage Astrology'
and although it offers only tasters of the material they present in more detail through their 'intensives'
there really are some gems of information which portray the depth of their astrological insights.
Worth a look if you haven't noticed this site before....'
http://www.astrologyproject.com/

'.....A site that contains some excellent articles and is elegantly designed with some nice innovative touches,
such as the ability to hear extracts from their lectures is another good example of astrologers showing flair and effectiveness
whilst marketing their services on the web and I'm pleased to be able to recommend AstroMundi
as a place to learn more about astrology,
competently steered by two highly talented researchers and passionate practitioners.....'
http://www.astromundi.com/home.html


DISCUSSIONS ON ASTROLOGY INCLUDING DOES IT WORK AND/OR HISTORY
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewfo...44b926e00a728a


DIGITAL INTERNATIONAL ASTROLOGICAL LIBRARY (DIAL)
http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html


Also there's a STUDY LIBRARY OF FREE ASTROLOGICAL TEXTS ON THE WEB http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html
There are five collections in this particular library.
  • The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments, or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works in older languages
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 02-19-2015, 04:13 PM
Drewby2410 Drewby2410 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Talking Re: Hello Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Hello Drewby and welcome

'......Donna O’Connor and Richard Smykowsky have put together an impressive, thought-provoking website
as a basis to promote their teachings on astrology. The site is subtitled 'Reviewing the Gems of Heritage Astrology'
and although it offers only tasters of the material they present in more detail through their 'intensives'
there really are some gems of information which portray the depth of their astrological insights.
Worth a look if you haven't noticed this site before....'
http://www.astrologyproject.com/

'.....A site that contains some excellent articles and is elegantly designed with some nice innovative touches,
such as the ability to hear extracts from their lectures is another good example of astrologers showing flair and effectiveness
whilst marketing their services on the web and I'm pleased to be able to recommend AstroMundi
as a place to learn more about astrology,
competently steered by two highly talented researchers and passionate practitioners.....'
http://www.astromundi.com/home.html


DISCUSSIONS ON ASTROLOGY INCLUDING DOES IT WORK AND/OR HISTORY
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewfo...44b926e00a728a


DIGITAL INTERNATIONAL ASTROLOGICAL LIBRARY (DIAL)
http://cura.free.fr/DIAL.html


Also there's a STUDY LIBRARY OF FREE ASTROLOGICAL TEXTS ON THE WEB http://www.skyscript.co.uk/texts.html
There are five collections in this particular library.
  • The main collection contains links to books and magazines written in English that are directly related to 'traditional astrology' (from classical to modern times).
  • The extended collection refers to texts that are partly astrological or useful for historical research or philosophical principles.
  • The ancient collection contains links to ancient texts, fragments, or secondary sources that cover the ancient period.
  • The scholar's collection contains links to published theses, dissertations, and peer-reviewed papers.
  • The Latin & Greek collection contains links to important works in older languages
Wow thank you so much for all of these links! That was very kind and helpful and appreciated I'll have plenty to dig into now thanks for saving me so much time
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drewby2410 For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-19-2015)
Reply

Tags
member

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.