Transit Saturn Conjunct Natal Pluto-Who,what, when, where, why?

jeanbean

Hello,

I am new to astrology and Ashriia, a lovely senior member, informed me on another forum that I have transit Saturn conjunct natal Pluto and also transit Pluto nearly conjunct natal Mars.

:andy: My questions are:

When did they start?
How long will each transit last?
What houses are they in? What other aspects are they creating?
What can I expect in terms of personal growth?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! YOUR INPUT IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED!

Attachments

• NATAL CHART.gif
    NATAL CHART.gif
    54.7 KB · Views: 29

Zarathu

Account Closed
First thing to remember is that according to Ivy Goldstein Jacobson and many other "modern" astrologers, there must be a ptolemaic(0,30,60,90,12, 150,180) aspect between the transiting planet and the natal planet in the natal chart for the trasiting event to implicate any action.

Noel Tyl has shown repeatedly this doesn't mean that they might not be psychological effects in you thinking, but that events that happen in the real world are ruled out because there is no ptolemaic aspect between Pluto and Mars in your natal chart.

This leaves Saturn and Pluto.

The next step is to look at the Time of the transit and see whether this is a significant transit at that time. To do a transit chart one needs to know your current location if its different from your birth location.

Last edited:

jeanbean

Thanks Zarathu! My current location is Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Please let me know if it is significant. It really feels like it. lol

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thanks Zarathu! My current location is Atlanta, Georgia, USA. Please let me know if it is significant. It really feels like it. lol

Actually the transit has already taken place last November 13, 2012. Saturn went RX in February, and proceeded to move backward toward your 4sco35 position of Pluto, but never quite made it before going direct again, and then moving forward.

So the transit will happen sometime again, but not soon.

jeanbean

Thanks Zarathu for taking the time to look at this. I am still a bit confused. If I understand you clearly, as of current Saturn isn't transiting my natal pluto, (which makes me happy). However, if this is true then what can be causing my depression? I am usually quite perky but feeling at an all time vital low! Are there any other indications in my chart? Thanks so much!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Thanks Zarathu for taking the time to look at this. I am still a bit confused. If I understand you clearly, as of current Saturn isn't transiting my natal pluto, (which makes me happy). However, if this is true then what can be causing my depression? I am usually quite perky but feeling at an all time vital low! Are there any other indications in my chart? Thanks so much!

That's a horse of another color. Saturn is always getting a bad rap for stuff. He doesn't cause depression, he only brings discipline and focus on the grindstone of everyday events. If you are not wanting to be disciplined and focused on the details of life, then this taciturn frame of reference might bring you down. But your being down is not because Saturn made you down.

You would need to explain a little bit more of your life and the depression to search this out on your chart. Sure it would be possible to diagnose potentials and some people have the time here to do that, but I have other things to do than to do that totally pro bono. You would have to help a little bit.

jeanbean

Yeah I guess I was just blaming my chart for everything or trying to find fault in it rather than observe my own life. Well, as of late I find little satisfactions in ALL of my relationships, romantic, parental, work etc. I just really want deep connections and have little tolerance for mundane, superficial connections so I have been isolating myself contrary to my extroverted nature. I have a strong need for connection on a deeper/spiritual level with myself and others. I don't really know how to go about it as this has never really been a need for me before, thus I don't know how to fulfill it. I generally feel lacking internally and inadequate to handle life. Nothing has really drastically changed in my life just a strong need to go inward but I am afraid to do it alone. When I seem to talk to others about this need, they don't really feel the same way or think it's that important. For me it feels like an urgency. Anyways, I feel like I am rambling on. Thank you for all of your time!