which house for location?

Courtney Love

I've read somewhere that if you ask about a specific place by name, much like calling your brother "john" vs asking about your brother, that you should use the 7th house to represent that place.

However, everyone here I see uses the 9th, if it's long distance travel.

what are the rules on that? I've been using the 7th for years now, of course I am no expert. I just asked if I should go to NYC for my birthday, and used the 7th, and got a solid yes. However, I'm in Seattle, so if we go by trip distance, it'd be a 9th house question, which makes no aspect to me, and the moon says no.

Here's the chart for funsies, I just need to know which house...

Attachments

• astrow2gw145nyc4srhp662.gif
    astrow2gw145nyc4srhp662.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 24

starlink

Hello Courtney! No, the 7th has nothing actually to do with traveling, only with moving home, so the 7th would be the 4th house of the 4th, which would be your new home.

Traditionally 3rd house is for short trips (when we talk about traveling that is), 9th for long distance traveling.
However, according to John Frawley, it depends on the importantness of the trip, not so much the distance. The 9th house shows your special journey, be it close to home or not. If you fly from Paris to Londen on a weekly basis, then the specialness is not there anymore. It has become routine, so it becomes a 3rd house issue, but if you take a wedding trip to the next village, only one hour drive away, it is a 9th house matter because it is so very special. Holidays are always 9th house as are foreign countries.
So your trip was still within the USA, not to a foreign country and could be seen as a 3rd house trip when it is a routine trip and a 9th house trip when it is a very special trip for your. Now this is Frawleys point of view and you will have to experiment with it in order to see if this always works out this way.

Ah, I forgot. If you were moving to Seatle to live in your next home, then it is indeed the 7th house.

Courtney Love

You're right, I was confusing Relocation protocol with this, teehee! Oh wrong for so long... Well since it's my Birthday/Solar Return, I'm considering it both special and a holiday, so 9th house it is!

Although it's in the early degrees of Sagittarius, I'm pushing for an answer and I'm not really getting one. Sun is past the trine to jupiter, and the moon makes no aspect to the sun, it's looking like nothing will come of this, which is sad, but accurate since the I haven't even contacted the people I would be going to see, so this chart does describe me.

I am reading that Frawley thinks all charts can be judges, regardless of early degree, but especially since this was something I've just considered, I'll talk to my friends first, and then see how things go... If my friend is busy, there's that!

Thanks StarLink =]