Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 06-22-2016, 04:38 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,830
Knowing, to Better

Better,

You said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
"Astro-Sentences" And Planets in the Houses

This is what I mean by "sentence". Each House with Planets will get one sentence for each Planet:

First House [Scorpio:]
-Transformation modifies home focus on being. (Moon)
-Transformation modifies transformation focused on being. (Pluto)

Third House [Capricorn:]
-Duty modifies spiritual focused on daily work. (Neptune)
-Duty modifies friends focused on daily work. (Uranus)

Fourth House [Aquarius:]
-Friends modifies duty focused on home. (Saturn)

Eighth House [Gemini:]
-Thinking modifies self expression focused on transformation. (Sun)

Ninth House [Cancer:]
-Home modifies thinking focused on expansion. (Mercury)

Tenth House [Leo:]
-Self expression modifies being focused on duty. (Mars)
-Self expression modifies relationships focused on duty. (Venus)
-Self expression modifies expansion focused on duty. (Jupiter)
Great job! One correction: the third house is the THINKING house so the "astro-sentence" should be:
Third House [Capricorn:]
-Duty modifies spiritual focused on thinking. (Neptune)
-Duty modifies friends focused on thinking. (Uranus)

Also notice that two planetary energies and have TWO keywords so:
Ninth House [Cancer:]
-Home modifies thinking/Daily Work focused on expansion. (Mercury)

Tenth House [Leo:]
-Self expression modifies relationships/Physical focused on duty. (Venus)

Already you've seen there is tension between:
Home (4th house) vs. Duty (10th house)
Thinking (3rd house) vs. Expansion (9th house)

notice that these two houses are opposite each other in the astrological chart and opposite each other in meaning as well.

And remember the first part of the lesson, showing you have a stronger focus on Self (7 planetary energies there) than Other (3 planetary energies there). As well you are balanced between your Inner World (5 planetary energies there) and your Outer World (5 planetary energies there).

Also notice whether you have your planetary energies ON any of the four major dividing lines in the chart...and you do: Moon (home) on your Ascendant (self) and Saturn (duty) on your IC (inner world).

So, to sum up all of this so far:
You balance yourself between both your thinking (analyzing) and your expansion (wider knowledge), and your home and career. You naturally focus on yourself but can move back and forth easily between focusing on your inner world and your outer world. You have a natural focus on your Being, Thinking, Home, Transformation, Expansion, and Duty.

Now let's simply look at how many times keywords come up in your "astro-sentences":

Now putting them in order:
Duty: 5
Transformation: 4
Self-expression: 4
Thinking: 4
Being: 3
Home: 3
Friends: 2
Expansion: 2
Relationships: 1
Physical: 1

So you have a strong sense of Duty, Transformation, Self-expression, and Thinking and very little on Relationships. This fits with what you yourself said: "I don't think you should sacrifice your potential or who you are for the love of another. I don't believe that love affairs are the only thing that matters in this world or in life. We could all do so much if we delved into ourselves and saw what we could find then used it."

So that's a lot of information right there! The "astro-sentences" will give you more insight into HOW you focus on those key areas (houses) in your life.

One step at a time,

Tim

__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/

Last edited by wilsontc; 06-22-2016 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
astrobunny (07-06-2016), buggiebw (06-29-2016), IfIKnewBetter (06-22-2016), Jehan (07-06-2016), katydid (06-22-2016), Tessie (07-06-2016)
  #27  
Unread 07-03-2016, 02:44 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Know Thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Yep, you have the right idea but it needs some tinkering. I think you are putting the sentences backwards, so to speak.

Here are some other suggestions, ideas, about how to order the keywords:

http://www.earthwitchery.com/astrology.html


I am a person whose intrinsic character is (Keyword for SIGN your Sun is located in) and I find my greatest development in (Keyword for HOUSE your Sun is located in).

Find the Moon in your chart, then complete the following sentence:

My temperament is (Moon SIGN keyword) and it instinctively draws me in the direction of (Moon HOUSE keyword.)



OR

http://www.rosicrucian.com/aks/akseng01.htm

[ this has a good discussion about how to synthesize your chart]
Super helpful, thank you! Those sentences I wrote based on your first link made a lot more sense to me. I'll be coming back and fixing them piece by piece. I'll be using the second link for aspects in my chart. You've been so helpful with me here, I appreciate it. When I took on this project I didn't think it was going to this difficult lol

Last edited by IfIKnewBetter; 07-03-2016 at 03:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IfIKnewBetter For This Useful Post:
katydid (07-03-2016)
  #28  
Unread 07-03-2016, 02:58 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Knowing, to Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc View Post
Better,

You said:


Great job! One correction: the third house is the THINKING house so the "astro-sentence" should be:
Third House [Capricorn:]
-Duty modifies spiritual focused on thinking. (Neptune)
-Duty modifies friends focused on thinking. (Uranus)

Also notice that two planetary energies and have TWO keywords so:
Ninth House [Cancer:]
-Home modifies thinking/Daily Work focused on expansion. (Mercury)

Tenth House [Leo:]
-Self expression modifies relationships/Physical focused on duty. (Venus)

Already you've seen there is tension between:
Home (4th house) vs. Duty (10th house)
Thinking (3rd house) vs. Expansion (9th house)

notice that these two houses are opposite each other in the astrological chart and opposite each other in meaning as well.

And remember the first part of the lesson, showing you have a stronger focus on Self (7 planetary energies there) than Other (3 planetary energies there). As well you are balanced between your Inner World (5 planetary energies there) and your Outer World (5 planetary energies there).

Also notice whether you have your planetary energies ON any of the four major dividing lines in the chart...and you do: Moon (home) on your Ascendant (self) and Saturn (duty) on your IC (inner world).

So, to sum up all of this so far:
You balance yourself between both your thinking (analyzing) and your expansion (wider knowledge), and your home and career. You naturally focus on yourself but can move back and forth easily between focusing on your inner world and your outer world. You have a natural focus on your Being, Thinking, Home, Transformation, Expansion, and Duty.

Now let's simply look at how many times keywords come up in your "astro-sentences":

Now putting them in order:
Duty: 5
Transformation: 4
Self-expression: 4
Thinking: 4
Being: 3
Home: 3
Friends: 2
Expansion: 2
Relationships: 1
Physical: 1

So you have a strong sense of Duty, Transformation, Self-expression, and Thinking and very little on Relationships. This fits with what you yourself said: "I don't think you should sacrifice your potential or who you are for the love of another. I don't believe that love affairs are the only thing that matters in this world or in life. We could all do so much if we delved into ourselves and saw what we could find then used it."

So that's a lot of information right there! The "astro-sentences" will give you more insight into HOW you focus on those key areas (houses) in your life.

One step at a time,

Tim
There's so much information in one chart, no wonder people give up after the basics. The only reason I'm patient is for those "aha! that's why..." moments and the times I learn a little more about myself and the tools/gifts I have.

Your summaries resonated with me and what I've learned so far from my chart. Looking at the tally... It's no joke, those top four are basically all I think about and I tend to use them against/with each other, also that's probably why relationships aren't my strongest point.

I have a question:

Quote:
Also notice whether you have your planetary energies ON any of the four major dividing lines in the chart...and you do: Moon (home) on your Ascendant (self) and Saturn (duty) on your IC (inner world).
What does that mean then?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 07-05-2016, 07:33 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,830
Planets on the points, to Better

Better,

You asked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
There's so much information in one chart, no wonder people give up after the basics...

I have a question:
Quote:
Also notice whether you have your planetary energies ON any of the four major dividing lines in the chart...and you do: Moon (home) on your Ascendant (self) and Saturn (duty) on your IC (inner world).
What does that mean then?
I think you're right, basic astrology is VERY powerful. You can stop right there with the basics and get a LOT of information. For those who want to go further, learning more in-depth astrological methods will get even more information.

As to the planets on the points (i.e., "dividing lines"), this indicates a STRONG focus in one of four areas: Self (Ascendant), Others (Descendant), Outer world (Midheaven), Inner world (IC). Since your focus is on your Ascendant and IC, you have a strong focus on yourself and your inner world.

Astro-simply,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
IfIKnewBetter (07-06-2016), Jehan (07-06-2016), Kitchy (07-05-2016), Tessie (07-06-2016)
  #30  
Unread 07-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Kitchy Kitchy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Wild Wild West
Posts: 2,097
Re: Know Thyself

TWilson -

You rock. I love your sporadic but meaningful set it straights when you talk astrology. You're probly a Saturn in Libra, huh?

Know your sharp edges and how they get sharpened or dulled. I learned that too, from my mom. "Wha's on the angles?"

She told me in her sag benevolence with merc 0 opposite my mars 0 that "you'll be waiting at a trainstop a few times in your life. make the best of it."

I have fixed and cardinal angular houses.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kitchy For This Useful Post:
chris10 (07-05-2016), IfIKnewBetter (07-06-2016), Jehan (07-06-2016)
  #31  
Unread 07-06-2016, 05:57 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Planets on the points, to Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsontc View Post
Better,

You asked:


I think you're right, basic astrology is VERY powerful. You can stop right there with the basics and get a LOT of information. For those who want to go further, learning more in-depth astrological methods will get even more information.

As to the planets on the points (i.e., "dividing lines"), this indicates a STRONG focus in one of four areas: Self (Ascendant), Others (Descendant), Outer world (Midheaven), Inner world (IC). Since your focus is on your Ascendant and IC, you have a strong focus on yourself and your inner world.

Astro-simply,

Tim

You're a gold mine of knowledge, I can't resist, I want to crawl into your brain and absorb your neurons. Teach me so I can suck the marrow out of my chart, please.


I'm making an educated guess here and assuming the planet that occupies the lines makes a difference in interpreting that as well?
__________________
"When you don't have this dying and becoming you are only a sad guest in the dark Earth."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 07-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Tessie Tessie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 546
Re: Know Thyself

Wow, KD, thank you for all this information! x x x
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,830
Planets on the points continued, to Better

Better,

You said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
You're a gold mine of knowledge...the planet that occupies the lines makes a difference in interpreting that as well?
Thank you! Yes, planets on a point indicate a strong focus on that point. The TYPE of planet on the point indicates HOW the strong focus occurs. So in your chart Moon ( emotions) is on your Ascendant (self), so you are personally very emotional. Saturn ( duty) is on your IC (inner world) so you have a deep sense of duty and responsibility.

Astro-simply,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wilsontc For This Useful Post:
IfIKnewBetter (07-06-2016)
  #34  
Unread 07-16-2016, 06:29 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Know Thyself

Katydid, with a See saw pattern is there a tendency towards something like a "split" personality/life? If so I must be living on one side because sometimes while I researching for this thread I have my, "That couldn't possibly be right" moments.
__________________
"When you don't have this dying and becoming you are only a sad guest in the dark Earth."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 07-17-2016, 01:22 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,171
Re: Know Thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
Katydid, with a See saw pattern is there a tendency towards something like a "split" personality/life? If so I must be living on one side because sometimes while I researching for this thread I have my, "That couldn't possibly be right" moments.
I am not sure if it ever indicates a split personality. Maybe...?

But often it can work by the native taking on one set of attributes, and the opposition can be shown by 'OTHERS' they must deal with. So an opposition to Saturn may bring authority figures into one;s life that they have to battle with. Or a Pluto opposition sometimes brings in obsessive types or stalkers..etc.


Also, keep in mind, if something you read feels like it is not correct and does not fit, then that aspect/placement may just be presenting itself in a different way than is being described. Not every one with Jupiter conjunct the Moon in Taurus is fat. Some are multi-talented artists or are really hedonistic or sex addicts...or incredibly lazy or super stubborn....[ KIDDING...]
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 07-17-2016, 02:01 AM
Stellium6th Stellium6th is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 190
Re: Know Thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
Katydid, with a See saw pattern is there a tendency towards something like a "split" personality/life? If so I must be living on one side because sometimes while I researching for this thread I have my, "That couldn't possibly be right" moments.
Doubting is the first sign of intelligence. Don't you worry
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stellium6th For This Useful Post:
katydid (07-17-2016)
  #37  
Unread 08-04-2016, 03:39 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Know Thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
I am not sure if it ever indicates a split personality. Maybe...?

But often it can work by the native taking on one set of attributes, and the opposition can be shown by 'OTHERS' they must deal with. So an opposition to Saturn may bring authority figures into one;s life that they have to battle with. Or a Pluto opposition sometimes brings in obsessive types or stalkers..etc.


Also, keep in mind, if something you read feels like it is not correct and does not fit, then that aspect/placement may just be presenting itself in a different way than is being described. Not every one with Jupiter conjunct the Moon in Taurus is fat. Some are multi-talented artists or are really hedonistic or sex addicts...or incredibly lazy or super stubborn....[ KIDDING...]
I didn't express myself very well I meant... Compartmentalizing your life... You're one person somewhere and then another elsewhere... I don't know. Upon further research I'm pretty sure I've nailed myself to the bottom portion of the See Saw or something.
__________________
"When you don't have this dying and becoming you are only a sad guest in the dark Earth."
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 08-04-2016, 04:09 AM
IfIKnewBetter's Avatar
IfIKnewBetter IfIKnewBetter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 125
Re: Know Thyself

I don't think there's anywhere else to go for Planets in Houses so that's done. The next logical step is aspects, I have this and this to kind of help me interpret everything but I'm not feeling great about my ability here so far. With how fatalistic everything seems it's bummed me out enough.

I don't know why I decided to make this so public lol. It makes me look really egotistical in hindsight. I wanted to pin point why certain things are the way they are, why certain things suck and maybe what I could do. Find the personal interpretations. I just wanted to learn and not have to pay someone else to read my chart. I'm not getting it though. I might come back to this thread who knows.
__________________
"When you don't have this dying and becoming you are only a sad guest in the dark Earth."
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 08-04-2016, 04:15 AM
katydid katydid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,171
Re: Know Thyself

Quote:
Originally Posted by IfIKnewBetter View Post
I don't think there's anywhere else to go for Planets in Houses so that's done. The next logical step is aspects, I have this and this to kind of help me interpret everything but I'm not feeling great about my ability here so far. With how fatalistic everything seems it's bummed me out enough.

I don't know why I decided to make this so public lol. It makes me look really egotistical in hindsight. I wanted to pin point why certain things are the way they are, why certain things suck and maybe what I could do. Find the personal interpretations. I just wanted to learn and not have to pay someone else to read my chart. I'm not getting it though. I might come back to this thread who knows.
The aspects are the most important step. Don't give up until you translate the meaning of the aspects. It will unlock a lot and be very revealing.

I don't see this thread as 'egotistical' on your part. I see it as an efficient and productive way to power through a lot of information.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
angular, fixed, ifiknewbetter, singleton, thyself

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.