The Law of Attraction - Real or Insane?

SunningBee

I hope this doesn't come of rant-y because I genuinely would like to have an intelligent conversation about this, but I'm honestly a little frustrated at the advice I've been getting lately.

I feel like, given my situation, I've been really upbeat. I've been unemployed for almost a year and a half now :)crying:). I do odd jobs and temp work to make ends meet so I can focus on trying to land a job within my field and in an actual career-track. I know what I'm looking for. I haven't been overly specific so that I limit myself, but I'm also not just shooting off resumes willy-nilly. I joined a few professional networks and have been trying to generate leads there. I joined a non-profit committee and work for them a few times a week, which is fun and another great way to network. All in all, in between actual job hunting I'm trying to be as proactive as I can about finding work. I have had a pretty positive attitude and have felt sure that something would pop up if I just kept at it. I even turned down an offer earlier in the year because I didn't like the company and the position turned out to be heading in a different direction than I want to go.

July and so far August have been the toughest months. I just feel burnt out and as though I've exhausted every option. Even so, I am still getting my resume out and trying to be proactive.

So, getting to the point, I have been told by several people when asked for advice on my situation that I need to employ the Law of Attraction to bring me the job I want. More than one person has told me to have positive affirmations, to essentially act as though I have the job I want, and "speak my desires out loud to the Universe".

I don't really know how to respond to this or what to think. I mean, isn't that what I've been doing all this time? I set my intention. I know what I want. I'm not settling out of desperation or being unreasonable. I have also been positive about the situation. I have smiled in front of my employed friends and family who all think I'm nuts for not taking the first thing that comes my way and patiently explained that "I'll find the right job soon. I'm not worried." I'm wondering if I might actually be a little off my rocker right now.

Do any of you have any thoughts or experiences with this theory? Does it have merit or do you think it's just some kind of fad?

muchacho

I hope this doesn't come of rant-y because I genuinely would like to have an intelligent conversation about this, but I'm honestly a little frustrated at the advice I've been getting lately.

I feel like, given my situation, I've been really upbeat. I've been unemployed for almost a year and a half now :)crying:). I do odd jobs and temp work to make ends meet so I can focus on trying to land a job within my field and in an actual career-track. I know what I'm looking for. I haven't been overly specific so that I limit myself, but I'm also not just shooting off resumes willy-nilly. I joined a few professional networks and have been trying to generate leads there. I joined a non-profit committee and work for them a few times a week, which is fun and another great way to network. All in all, in between actual job hunting I'm trying to be as proactive as I can about finding work. I have had a pretty positive attitude and have felt sure that something would pop up if I just kept at it. I even turned down an offer earlier in the year because I didn't like the company and the position turned out to be heading in a different direction than I want to go.

July and so far August have been the toughest months. I just feel burnt out and as though I've exhausted every option. Even so, I am still getting my resume out and trying to be proactive.

So, getting to the point, I have been told by several people when asked for advice on my situation that I need to employ the Law of Attraction to bring me the job I want. More than one person has told me to have positive affirmations, to essentially act as though I have the job I want, and "speak my desires out loud to the Universe".

I don't really know how to respond to this or what to think. I mean, isn't that what I've been doing all this time? I set my intention. I know what I want. I'm not settling out of desperation or being unreasonable. I have also been positive about the situation. I have smiled in front of my employed friends and family who all think I'm nuts for not taking the first thing that comes my way and patiently explained that "I'll find the right job soon. I'm not worried." I'm wondering if I might actually be a little off my rocker right now.

Do any of you have any thoughts or experiences with this theory? Does it have merit or do you think it's just some kind of fad?
Astrology wouldn't work without Law of Attraction. It's insanely real! :tongue:

You should however keep in mind that it is called Law of Attraction, not law of doing or law of going out and getting it. Your doubts are an indicator that you are not there yet. You are not a match yet to your dream job. You see, if you'd really believed in your ability to attract your dream job, then you wouldn't be taking score all the time and try to compensate your lack of trust and knowing with actions like affirmations and sending out resumes. This all strikes me more like whistling in the dark.

Last edited:

SunningBee

Astrology wouldn't work without Law of Attraction. It's insanely real! :tongue:

You should however keep in mind that it is called Law of Attraction, not law of doing or law of going out and getting it. Your doubts are an indicator that you are not there yet. You are not a match yet to your dream job. You see, if you'd really believed in your ability to attract your dream job, then you wouldn't be taking score all the time and try to compensate your lack of trust and knowing with actions like affirmations and sending out resumes. This all strikes me more like whistling in the dark.

Thanks for the reply :)

I guess the problem is I just don't really understand what the Law of Attraction is then. I don't doubt my abilities, because I'm absolutely confident in what I can do as well as what I want - I wouldn't have turned down the other job if I didn't believe that a better fit would come around. Again, I'm not just throwing my resume at people or positions - I only apply for the positions that fit. I was told by someone that having affirmations would help, but I haven't used them because I honestly don't get how they work.

So, as it's the Law of ATTRACTION, are you saying that I should just sit around and believe that the right job will come and it will? I'm having a hard time understanding how getting out there and being proactive is not helping me attract that dream job.

muchacho

Thanks for the reply :)

I guess the problem is I just don't really understand what the Law of Attraction is then. I don't doubt my abilities, because I'm absolutely confident in what I can do as well as what I want - I wouldn't have turned down the other job if I didn't believe that a better fit would come around. Again, I'm not just throwing my resume at people or positions - I only apply for the positions that fit. I was told by someone that having affirmations would help, but I haven't used them because I honestly don't get how they work.

So, as it's the Law of ATTRACTION, are you saying that I should just sit around and believe that the right job will come and it will? I'm having a hard time understanding how getting out there and being proactive is not helping me attract that dream job.
Okay, that sounds good. Then you just need some minor tweaking.

The Law of Attraction (LOA) just says 'like attracts like' - that's it. What you also have to accept in order to understand LOA is that everything is vibration, and what you call your world and your experience is just an interpretation of vibration.

Please don't misunderstand. You can and should act if you really feel like acting, but just don't assume that your action is what makes it all happen. What makes it all happen is your actual state of being, the vibe you are sending out, which is indicated by your mood and feelings. So being in touch with and honest to yourself about your actual mood and feelings is very important. Saying thank you in an angry mood and saying thank you in a happy mood are one and the same in terms of action, but in terms of vibration they are worlds apart and so is the result you will get. So it's not really about what you do.

When it comes to action, the rule of thumb is to follow inspired action only, when wild horses can't keep you from doing it kind of thing. That will usually play out in a right time right place scenario. So only you can know what to do and when to do it. No one can help you there.

The goal is to become a vibrational match to your desire. If sending out a resume makes you feel proud and worthy, then do it. If it makes you worry if they will even read it, then don't do it. It's really that simple. If affirmations improve your mood, then do it. If affirmations don't stir up any feeling response, then don't do it.

We all had situations where we did something that just felt right and it really paid off, like magic, right time right place. If you can remember such a time and how it felt, then you can use that feeling memory as a benchmark and check your current mood and feelings against it.

This LOA stuff is no rocket science. It's almost too simple to be true. But you have to be very honest with yourself and how you really feel.

Maybe you should just listen a little less to the news or friends and relatives that cause you those doubts. Obviously your are already very confident. So I don't think you've got to work out any kind of serious mental blockage first. Just being a little more deliberately about what you listen to, watch or talk about could already turn things around. Also, keep in mind that there are many possibilities and paths that all lead to your dream job. If you've missed your ship, there will be 20 other ones waiting. Sending out resumes is just one possible path. There are many others. But not every path is the path of least resistance for you. At the moment your path of least resistance may just be to send out resumes.

Last edited:

SunningBee

Okay, that sounds good. Then you just need some minor tweaking.

The Law of Attraction (LOA) just says 'like attracts like' - that's it. What you also have to accept in order to understand LOA is that everything is vibration, and what you call your world and your experience is just an interpretation of vibration.

Please don't misunderstand. You can and should act if you really feel like acting, but just don't assume that your action is what makes it all happen. What makes it all happen is your actual state of being, the vibe you are sending out, which is indicated by your mood and feelings. So being in touch with and honest to yourself about your actual mood and feelings is very important. Saying thank you in an angry mood and saying thank you in a happy mood are one and the same in terms of action, but in terms of vibration they are worlds apart and so is the result you will get. So it's not really about what you do.

When it comes to action, the rule of thumb is to follow inspired action only, when wild horses can't keep you from doing it kind of thing. That will usually play out in a right time right place scenario. So only you can know what to do and when to do it. No one can help you there.

The goal is to become a vibrational match to your desire. If sending out a resume makes you feel proud and worthy, then do it. If it makes you worry if they will even read it, then don't do it. It's really that simple. If affirmations improve your mood, then do it. If affirmations don't stir up any feeling response, then don't do it.

We all had situations where we did something that just felt right and it really paid off, like magic, right time right place. If you can remember such a time and how it felt, then you can use that feeling memory as a benchmark and check your current mood and feelings against it.

This LOA stuff is no rocket science. It's almost too simple to be true. But you have to be very honest with yourself and how you really feel.

Maybe you should just listen a little less to the news or friends and relatives that cause you those doubts. Obviously your are already very confident. So I don't think you've got to work out any kind of serious mental blockage first. Just being a little more deliberately about what you listen to, watch or talk about could already turn things around. Also, keep in mind that there are many possibilities and paths that all lead to your dream job. If you've missed your ship, there will be 20 other ones waiting. Sending out resumes is just one possible path. There are many others. But not every path is the path of least resistance for you. At the moment your path of least resistance may just be to send out resumes.

Oh wow - Thank you! This makes perfect sense, and is SO comforting :biggrin: Yea, I definitely see where I can tweak some things. I feel myself falling off into an uninspired "what's the point" mood more often lately. Being more aware of myself and what energy I'm putting out is probably one of the main things to work on right now.

You gave me a lot to think about with this :)

So then, does the birth chart depict vibrational energy? Is that what you mean by "Astrology wouldn't work without it."?

Sorry. I'm obviously a beginner with all of this, lol :unsure:

muchacho

Oh wow - Thank you! This makes perfect sense, and is SO comforting :biggrin: Yea, I definitely see where I can tweak some things. I feel myself falling off into an uninspired "what's the point" mood more often lately. Being more aware of myself and what energy I'm putting out is probably one of the main things to work on right now.
Yeah, take it easy, nothing serious going on here, hehe. Maybe get a little notebook and count your blessings. I mean you get by, you are not really worried, you know exactly what you want, you already had an offer, although not the right company, but still a good indicator, so you can't be really that far off track... The doubt you picked up came from outside of you. It probably has to do with being labeled 'unemployed'.

You gave me a lot to think about with this :)

So then, does the birth chart depict vibrational energy? Is that what you mean by "Astrology wouldn't work without it."?
Well, different people here will tell you different things what you can see in a birth chart. I just give you my personal take on it which is in alignment with LOA and the basic premise that you are already whole and perfect and blessed by birth.

So in that sense the birth chart just shows your natural inclinations, a general direction or trajectory. There's nothing you are supposed to do, to learn or accomplish because you are not lacking in any way. There are no brownie points you've got to earn or lessons to learn so that you can prove your worthiness. So it's more like a general outline for a vacation. :happy:

Astrology works according to the hermetic laws. Maybe you should google that. But at the basis of all of that is LOA again.

LOA can overrule everything. That's why you can't tell from a chart if you are going to be rich and famous and happy and healthy or not. You can only tell if you are interested in becoming rich and famous. But if that's going to happen and when that's going to happen is up to you and what you do with your focus, thoughts and mood. In that sense, all charts are equal. In terms of talents and interests and preferences, they are all different.

Sorry. I'm obviously a beginner with all of this, lol :unsure:
Beginners usually ask the best questions! Your questions are very welcome.

Hi there,
I think Muchacho gave great answers.
I would just like to accentuate a couple of things. Sometimes people think that the LOA is A skill to be learned but it's not, we are all employing it constantly, it's the fabric of our existence. You already have the tools and you've been attracting what you have since before you were born. It does become easier to attract what we want once we've clearly seen the entire process a couple of times.
Gratitude is the most important element (imo) in attracting an improved situation. You have to be grateful now so that you attract situations which will bring you gratitude in the future.
Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get what we want, sometimes it takes much longer. Personally, about a year is the longest I've waited for an object, usually objects appear within days.
Manifesting life situations can happen immediately or over years. I think the reason it can take longer is that the results come in graduating degrees based on how much good (or light) we can accept.
So, say I want the perfect job- I'm going to get a job as "perfect" as the parameters I set for perfection. These parameters may progress over the course of a few yrs., leaving me with a completely different job than the one I first envisioned but matching my new higher frequency. Point being, it may take a few jobs to get to the goal.

Another issue is karma. There are situations where the higher self has set a path or their are karmic obligations which must be met along the way to the desired goal.
For instance, If I am in a terrible relationship and I want the best possible relationship, I may have to go through a few yrs. of becoming a "better" person myself or I may have a yrs. worth of karmic debt to pay before I will vibrationally match that perfect partner.

Also, you asked (paraphrasing) if you can sit on your butt and have the LOA work for you to manifest a new job. The answer is yes! However, you need to do whatever it takes to keep your vibrations matching whatever you're trying to attract, chances are that sending out some resumes will help you to feel that you're making a tangible effort and that effort and belief are what's working for you.
There must be some kind of action after the initial visualization is made but it could be limited to sending someone an email about your new life, it doesn't have to be sending out resumes.
It's ok to continue taking action, for instance, sending out a resume each day but you shouldn't be going back over the initial visualization. Visualize with everything you've got once and then send the visualization out, (I like to visualize putting it in the mailbox) and then KNOW that it's on it's way.

The best method I've found for attraction is to visualize the feeling I want to have as the end result, this way the end result can arrive through any avenue possible.

muchacho

Hi there,
I think Muchacho gave great answers.
I would just like to accentuate a couple of things. Sometimes people think that the LOA is A skill to be learned but it's not, we are all employing it constantly, it's the fabric of our existence.

You already have the tools and you've been attracting what you have since before you were born. It does become easier to attract what we want once we've clearly seen the entire process a couple of times.
Gratitude is the most important element (imo) in attracting an improved situation. You have to be grateful now so that you attract situations which will bring you gratitude in the future.
Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get what we want, sometimes it takes much longer. Personally, about a year is the longest I've waited for an object, usually objects appear within days.
Manifesting life situations can happen immediately or over years. I think the reason it can take longer is that the results come in graduating degrees based on how much good (or light) we can accept.
So, say I want the perfect job- I'm going to get a job as "perfect" as the parameters I set for perfection. These parameters may progress over the course of a few yrs., leaving me with a completely different job than the one I first envisioned but matching my new higher frequency. Point being, it may take a few jobs to get to the goal.

Another issue is karma. There are situations where the higher self has set a path or their are karmic obligations which must be met along the way to the desired goal.
For instance, If I am in a terrible relationship and I want the best possible relationship, I may have to go through a few yrs. of becoming a "better" person myself or I may have a yrs. worth of karmic debt to pay before I will vibrationally match that perfect partner.

Also, you asked (paraphrasing) if you can sit on your butt and have the LOA work for you to manifest a new job. The answer is yes! However, you need to do whatever it takes to keep your vibrations matching whatever you're trying to attract, chances are that sending out some resumes will help you to feel that you're making a tangible effort and that effort and belief are what's working for you.
There must be some kind of action after the initial visualization is made but it could be limited to sending someone an email about your new life, it doesn't have to be sending out resumes.
It's ok to continue taking action, for instance, sending out a resume each day but you shouldn't be going back over the initial visualization. Visualize with everything you've got once and then send the visualization out, (I like to visualize putting it in the mailbox) and then KNOW that it's on it's way.

The best method I've found for attraction is to visualize the feeling I want to have as the end result, this way the end result can arrive through any avenue possible.
That's a pretty good summary. Yes, LOA cannot be turned off. And yes, you don't have to do anything in terms of physical action. The actual work is focus, not physical action. In fact, the reason why physical action nets results is because it forces us to focus.

I have a different take on karma though. I would acknowledge that there is something like a general prebirth intention or trajectory which can be seen in the natal chart, but I don't believe in the concept of karmic debt or karmic obligations that have to be repaid or fulfilled. That would assume that there is some kind of specific end goal that has to be accomplished.

heidy26

Law of Attraction it is genuine and it works; the problem is not whether it works or not, but on how you manifest it.
I've been reading myself a lot and trying to solve the puzzle behind it for quite a while and I discovered some things.

We communicate with the universe on theta waves, on a specific frequency. Positive thinking is one of the requirements of manifesting it correctly, but this is not all. There is a paradox in the Law of Attraction, called the law of paradoxical intent. If you ask intensely and with all your forces something, the universe will give you the opposite. :)

The most accurate situation that the Law of Attraction is described by is:
'You are in a house which you do not know. In the middle of the night, you get thirsty so you wake up, get off bed and try to make your way to the kitchen.
Remember, you do not know this house. It is dark, and you can't see. Trying to make your way to the kitchen, do you struggle, hit the walls, crawl, break things in your canvas for the light switch or do you just calmly open the door and let the light in ?'

JUPITERASC

Law of Attraction it is genuine and it works; the problem is not whether it works or not, but on how you manifest it.
I've been reading myself a lot and trying to solve the puzzle behind it for quite a while and I discovered some things.

We communicate with the universe on theta waves, on a specific frequency. Positive thinking is one of the requirements of manifesting it correctly, but this is not all. There is a paradox in the Law of Attraction, called the law of paradoxical intent. If you ask intensely and with all your forces something, the universe will give you the opposite. :)

The most accurate situation that the Law of Attraction is described by is:
'You are in a house which you do not know. In the middle of the night, you get thirsty so you wake up, get off bed and try to make your way to the kitchen.
Remember, you do not know this house.
It is dark, and you can't see.

Trying to make your way to the kitchen, do you struggle, hit the walls, crawl, break things in your canvas for the light switch
or do you just calmly open the door and let the light in ?'
So it is the middle of the night
in an unknown house
in darkness
nothing is visible

therefore
to calmly open the door
does not necessarily let any light in
because it's still the middle of the night
:smile:

heidy26

So it is the middle of the night
in an unknown house
in darkness
nothing is visible

therefore
to calmly open the door
does not necessarily let any light in
because it's still the middle of the night
:smile:

You've taken this literally. :)
The light always finds a way to enter, if you open the door to it.
This is all that Law of Attraction is, God never said 'struggle for what you want' or 'work hard for it'.

JUPITERASC

You've taken this literally. :)
The light always finds a way to enter, if you open the door to it.
This is all that Law of Attraction is, God never said 'struggle for what you want' or 'work hard for it'.
Thanks for shedding some light on your analogy :smile:

The following is a QUOTE from THE SECRET LAW OF ATTRACTION
http://www.zakelijk.net/media/boeken/lawofattraction.pdf

'.....There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made
and which
in its original state
permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought in this substance
produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
Man can form things in his thought
and by impressing his thought upon formless substance
can cause the thing he thinks about to be created....'

'....In order to do this
man must pass from the competitive to the creative mind
otherwise he cannot be in harmony with the Formless Intelligence
which is always creative
and never competitive in spirit.
Man may come into full harmony with the Formless Substance
by developing a lively and sincere gratitude for the blessings it bestows upon him....'

'....Gratitude unifies the mind of man with the intelligence of Substance
so that man's thoughts are received by the Formless.
Man can stay on the creative plane only by uniting himself with the Formless Intelligence
through a deep and continuous feeling of gratitude...'

Vyri

Banned
During some of the time that I have been without work I settled my mind and visualized working at the perfect concern, it seems to have energized my life's purpose to attract positive results. Being in accord with the universe all things considered-with the vibrations in the universal scheme of things-looking at the energies in the heavens-these activities helped me to accomplish. SunningBee Have you a prospective concern in mind? When the coming trine by Mars and Uranus will arrive maybe you will have work by then, not just any work but the hearts desire should you consider the positive visualizations with of course the effort to obtain it, not that you are not already trying. I have drawn up a chart that I hope reflects your wishes. Mars seems to be looming on the horizon to trine one of your rulers, Uranus to be specific, it isn't a traditional approach-a modern one. It indicates you are trying to accomplish your designs, as well the Sextile between the Sun and the Moon indicates an opportunity to grasp it.The question I asked on your behalf was when will the individual (unbeknownst to me, just a stranger) be able to land work? When I first understood your post is when I drew up the chart. The chart work is here should you wish it to be read by other astrologers. You are the 7th and I am the 1st house you must turn the chart to have the 7th house rising for the 7th is your concerns (some say "leave as is") At any rate here are the coordinates should you wish them. Aug. 19th 11:25 am/pdt; 123w06:12 Long.; 45n31:34 I asked: When will the individual receive the work of their wishes?
I realize I am not personally involved with your life and most astrologers require this personal interest to consider reading the chart but my interest centers about a universal harmony...to be able to achieve it. You will possibly receive contributions should you wish to make an attempt to read the chart. Look to some books on Horary. At some later point I will add as time permits.
Astro.com is another place to go for the free chart.
Best of Wishes
Vyri

Attachments

• AAQ when will she receive work.JPG
    AAQ when will she receive work.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 30
  • data.JPG
    data.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 24
  • When will heshe receive work.JPG
    When will heshe receive work.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

heidy26

Thanks for shedding some light on your analogy :smile:

The following is a QUOTE from THE SECRET LAW OF ATTRACTION
http://www.zakelijk.net/media/boeken/lawofattraction.pdf

'.....There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made
and which
in its original state
permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

A thought in this substance
produces the thing that is imaged by the thought.
Man can form things in his thought
and by impressing his thought upon formless substance
can cause the thing he thinks about to be created....'

'....In order to do this
man must pass from the competitive to the creative mind
otherwise he cannot be in harmony with the Formless Intelligence
which is always creative
and never competitive in spirit.
Man may come into full harmony with the Formless Substance
by developing a lively and sincere gratitude for the blessings it bestows upon him....'

'....Gratitude unifies the mind of man with the intelligence of Substance
so that man's thoughts are received by the Formless.
Man can stay on the creative plane only by uniting himself with the Formless Intelligence
through a deep and continuous feeling of gratitude...'

We both said the same thing. :p

Vyri

Banned
Sunning Bee are you considering working from home? I realize you mentioned doing part time work and volunteering but the chart seems to suggest work from home is a great resource.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Physicists are discovering that thoughts, emotions, feelings
basically consciousness
can have a direct, measurable impact on physical reality :smile:
The implications of this are huge
http://www.collective-evolution.com...-the-universe-is-immaterial-mental-spiritual/

SunningBee

My goodness! Thank you all for such thoughtful and thorough responses. I've enjoyed reading through everyone's thoughts on this.

LOA can overrule everything. That's why you can't tell from a chart if you are going to be rich and famous and happy and healthy or not. You can only tell if you are interested in becoming rich and famous. But if that's going to happen and when that's going to happen is up to you and what you do with your focus, thoughts and mood. In that sense, all charts are equal. In terms of talents and interests and preferences, they are all different.

I'm very curious about something. In my chart I have a mutable T-Square. My Moon tightly squares Saturn conjunct Uranus in the 1H and Mars in the 7H. I've been told by a astrologers multiple times that worry and negative/self-deprecating thoughts will essentially be a struggle for me, but that I must overcome them.

Connecting this to your thoughts on LOA, I think it makes perfect sense that there are no "loser" charts (lol) and that everyone has an equal opportunity to realize success and happiness in his/her life. Would I be correct in saying that if LOA is the mechanism by which that is achieved, certain astrological aspects may point to difficulties for the native to employ LOA? (i.e. If one is already prone to worry and negative thinking, they will take longer to materialize success and happiness because it will be difficult to for them to visualize it.) Does that make sense?

Hi there,

That's such a great idea! I think this aspect of LOA has been the one that I've struggled with a bit - "visualizing". I feel like I know what I want, but it's a little harder for me to sum it up into specific job titles or companies (in the case of my job hunt). It's much easier for me to visualize a feeling, or a state of being rather than outlining a list or something. Great tip!

Is this something you meditate on? Or is just something you do more casually?

SunningBee

I have a different take on karma though. I would acknowledge that there is something like a general prebirth intention or trajectory which can be seen in the natal chart, but I don't believe in the concept of karmic debt or karmic obligations that have to be repaid or fulfilled. That would assume that there is some kind of specific end goal that has to be accomplished.

Another question for you, lol. What do you believe the purpose of the prebirth intention or trajectory is if karma doesn't play a role?

SunningBee

There is a paradox in the Law of Attraction, called the law of paradoxical intent. If you ask intensely and with all your forces something, the universe will give you the opposite. :)

Can you elaborate on this a little? Why, if you concentrate and are focused on what you want, will the Universe deliver the opposite? Doesn't that go against LOA?

Sunning Bee said, "Is this something you meditate on? Or is just something you do more casually?"

It's best to visualize when you're very relaxed. For practiced meditators, it's best done during meditation but the important thing is just that you feel very secure and relaxed. The idea is to take advantage of alpha or if possible theta wave consciousness, (the state of consciousness reached in deep sleep and meditation). Personally, I like to visualize when I'm on the verge of sleep or during meditation.