10th House 10th House 10th House

ukdesifem

don't mean to burst your bubble OP, but 10th house is a misconception (imho..)

10th house does mean career but it doesn't mean a person will be famous or be good in their vocation.

there are many famous people without 10th house planets, kind of like Obama as an example.

it would point towards how you strucutre your life in career terms, but it won't necessarily mean you have a good career.

chart synthesis is about looking at everything and making a reasoned judgment. don't look at one aspect or placement and think it's all good. or all bad for that matter.

AstroAries

You're right it doesn't always but it certainly does for me. I love agriculture and I am very good at it which is one of the career paths for 10th House in Taurus. It depends on the whole chart like you said.

Osamenor

Staff member
Libra is in the 6th degree. My birthday is September 30th. My ascendant is Capricorn, and I have two other planets in Capricorn in my chart. But no Virgo (unless Libra in the 6th degree is considered a Virgo cusp).

Six degrees in isn't really at the cusp anymore. But is your tenth house cusp in Virgo, by any chance? If so, Virgo would shape the basic character of your tenth house, even if the only planet in it is in Libra.

A packed eleventh house indicates an emphasis in social identity. Who your tribe is, what kind of people you identify and associate with, collaboration, collective efforts... that's the message of the eleventh house. If you have lots of planetary energies there, that area of life is a key growth area for you. Considering that your sun is in the tenth house, public reputation, it sounds like social identity is the major theme of your chart. Social identity can also include career, the way you serve your tribe, so for you the eleventh house is probably part of it, too.

thelivingsky

Ice Queen
Your 10th and 6th rulers are in the #rd. Third House is about writing and communication -think Gemini. House rulerships are telling. Where is Saturn in your chart?

My Mc is Taurus and but the ruler of Taurus is in Scorpio in the 4th. I work at home at astrology and at renovating anything and everyting - taking old discarded stuff and making it new and beautiful again.

Barb at thelivingsky.wordpress.com

icequeen

I would think Saturn is great in 10th!!! It's his home!
Also having mars there is lovely since it drives you to succeed

Blaze

Account Closed
I have afflicted Saturn in the tenth house. So no career for me.
Mars in tenth too

How is Saturn afflicted? I would think that the Mars conjunction would be...awesome?

I have Saturn sitting right atop my MC in the tenth, Conjunct Neptune an Uranus. Saturn and Neptune are apart of the two T-squares in my chart though..

thelivingsky

Slenkar, I would not assume that difficult aspects to 10h house planets equates to "no career." It just might indicate that certain Saturnian type experiences will tend to color your 10th house experiences. I have seen than Saturn near the nadir is more accurate indicator than an afflicted Saturn. Also the NN in 4 is often an indicator that one will have a karma that involves a series of "jobs" that are not terribly meaningful or focused in a single direction.

Slenkar

I forgot I posted here so sorry for the delay :)

my mars is in cancer
saturn in leo
both ended up in the 10th house

saturn is opposite sun in the 4th
and opposite venus in 4th
my mercury is in 4th but I dont think its opposite saturn

saturn is also sextile jupiter in gemini in 9th

The mars is also afflicted
square pluto,ascendant and chiron

I tried working from home , but it didnt work out.

In this chart mars seems to be in the ninth, on some other websites it was in the tenth

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_keith_as.51308.41379.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_keith_as.51308.41379.gif
    53.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

AstroLogical

Slenkar

You previously wrote,
"I have afflicted Saturn in the tenth house. So no career for me. Mars in tenth too"

I do not see your Saturn as being afflicted at all.
Mars and Saturn both, high in the sky, suggest you very much want to be recognized and be successful.
Is see Saturn as being able to help you get organized and bring the discipline to your life that you will need to follow through.
Yes, it may take a while.
There maybe some setbacks as you learn from mistakes but do not believe your Saturn is afflicted.
The very strong trine from Jupiter to Sun and sextile between Jupiter and Satrun are very positive and offer a productive energy to the Sun, Saturn opposition.

If you do not feel successful in your career you should examine the opposition from Uranus to your Moon.
This pair in opposition suggest radical mood changes, i.e. a "restless heart" that maybe more of a problem to manage then you might want to consider or admit.
Think of Satrun opposite Sun as a "mental" configuration, whereas the opposition of Uranus to the Moon is "emotional."
We humans have become so enamored with our intellect yet without understanding or emotional nature.
This leaves us vulnerable to self undoing... by not understand the roots of our conditioning (moon) we continue going through the same emotional triggers and our subsequent reaction that are really what block career success, not to mention other areas of life.
At a glance one might conclude, your father was overly strict while your mother was overly permissive or erratic in her parenting.
Regardless, there have been two clashing principles contributing to your conditioning and they leave you with mixed signals.
Its up to you—not your stars—to sort this out and make it work to your benefit.

Looking at the inconjunction (150) from Mars to your Sun, I would note your "desire factor," may require some adjustment for you.
Do you desire success for the sake of being recognized as a "successful" person (as an expression of ego)
OR
is your desire for success born as a result of wanting a meaningful, heart felt career in a field you enjoy and love—
regardless of its public profile?
A lot of people choose a safe path to a career and may deny their heart for the sake of security.
It works for some but not all.
This may eventually leave others unfulfilled and wanting...
In some cultures the profession of a child is strongly driven by parents without regard for the nature of the child.
This leaves them running on automatic towards their parents dreams while dismissing their own.
UNTIL
Uranus transits opposite to Uranus at the end of their 30s and into early 40s.
Then, something deep down inside says, "Have you danced to your own song or to the song of someone else?"
This is the classic "mid life crisis."
You are nearing that period.

As far as you working from home...
That would not be a good option for you unless or until you master the discipline Saturn offers with its opposition to your Sun.
Your moon in the 7th house needs direct contact and relationship with others.
You need interaction
with other people... you are not a soloist.
All your planets in the element of Air support this disposition as well.
Mars on the MC requires being actively, physically engaged in your work and career.
Sitting on your bum every day in an office would not be a good choice for you either.
Your body should be involved in your work, not just your mind.

At this time of your life Saturn in transit is making a square to your Sun and Venus.
Likely this is a reminder of what you don't have or what you haven't accomplished yet—as measured by money or recognition.
But it is also a time of once again considering what has or has not worked in your career quest.
It is also a time to evaluate your values (not only money).
Material resources maybe thin at this time but your imagination and creativity does not require money to work.
Motivation does not require money either and these must come first.

So, stop being negative and believing your Saturn is afflicted, etc. and that is why there is "no career for me."
You already have the tools you need, you are simply not using them correctly.
Less impulsiveness and more discipline would get you on the right course.
Do I need to include, sticking to a plan once you have conceived one???
Make your adjustments and corrections along the way but stick to it.
One eye on the mountain top, the other on the path that leads to the top.
You must have a long view and a short view to take the steps you need.

The best to you...
A*L

Slenkar

thanks, as saturn predicted, my dad was pretty negative,
my mom was nice as predicted by moon in 7th, i guess she was kind of permissive but not in the extreme,

at the moment im thinking about trying to be a tutor and also making an astrology website.

being a tutor would bring the interaction, but its not very physical, i dont know what type of physical job I could do.

you wrote:
your desire for success born as a result of wanting a meaningful, heart felt career in a field you enjoy and love—
yes, this is what i've always wanted,

I did try to work in an office and didnt get along with it well as you predicted.

AstroLogical

thanks, as saturn predicted, my dad was pretty negative,
my mom was nice as predicted by moon in 7th, i guess she was kind of permissive but not in the extreme,

at the moment im thinking about trying to be a tutor and also making an astrology website.

being a tutor would bring the interaction, but its not very physical, i dont know what type of physical job I could do.

you wrote:

yes, this is what i've always wanted,

I did try to work in an office and didnt get along with it well as you predicted.

Slenkar

It might be something to consider that you look into trades that involve home remodeling, interior design, etc.
With your Mars in Cancer and Sun & Mercury in the 4th House (Venus may be in 4th or 5th, depending on House system), perhaps something that involves creating or revamping home living spaces might be something worth looking into.

Considering tutoring, it would usually take place in the students home, which would tie in the, Cancer, 4th House, "home" that I'm thinking of. Although it would not be as physical as I previously mentioned unless you were tutoring physical education ;-)

Another consideration is not just having one job.
We often get programed to think we are suppose to have only one "job."
Maybe having more than one focus would satisfy your need for diversity.
Uranus opposite Moon suggests you get restless and like a change.
Two jobs might be a way to go.
Perhaps one more traditional job where you work for someone else part time and a self-employed project where you do your own thing, making your own schedule...
With Uranus in your 2nd House, working or tutoring in computers, electronics or communications might be a fit for you... depending on your educational background.

After I sent my last posting to you the thought crossed my mind that you might enjoy being a "Community Organizer."
This is challenging work and I believe both Jupiter and Saturn would support this in your chart.
I'm not sure of the range of income in that field but as a general career category I do know it often leads to other career opportunities.
You would certainly be in-the-mix with other people in that field.
It might also help satisfy your desire to give back and be of service to others.
God knows a lot of communities need leadership and structure with our changing world.

Most importantly, just keep thinking about it and experimenting.
The more attention you focus on the matter the more you will become aware of and learn new possibilities.

Good luck
A*L

Slenkar

'community organizer' would be good, mars-trine-uranus also fits into that.
After Obama announced he used to be one, everyone poured scorn on it and said it wasnt a real job. I dont think they get paid but I could be wrong...

I heard of someone who was successful with going house-to-house cleaning carpets so i also have that as a possibility.

I was working with computers for the last ten years, so I would be able to tutor dont know about the income range on that though,
I dont think there is much demand.

a lot to think about, thanks

AstroLogical

'community organizer' would be good, mars-trine-uranus also fits into that.
After Obama announced he used to be one, everyone poured scorn on it and said it wasnt a real job. I dont think they get paid but I could be wrong...

I heard of someone who was successful with going house-to-house cleaning carpets so i also have that as a possibility.

I was working with computers for the last ten years, so I would be able to tutor dont know about the income range on that though,
I dont think there is much demand.

a lot to think about, thanks

Yes, a lot to think about...
I sounds like you have variety in your resume.
I don't know about others but to me, that's a good thing.
Personal house keeping is a great service to get into for a self employed gig.
As long as you don't mind getting a little dirty.
I tried to encourage a young gal I know who has a little drug related ding on her record that has prevented her from being hired under normal situations, to start up her own cleaning service.
She's too proud and considers it beneath her.
She doesn't realize if she works the job right, gets established, builds her reputation that in a few years she could manage a small crew or two to do the dirty work.
There are lots of folks who are working all the time and need an extra hand every week or two to keep a household up.
For me, independence in employment is GOLD.
I've never liked being an expendable employee for someone else.
Your ship can rise with theirs but it can also sink with theirs.
Then your out looking for another job.

If you have a good basic grasp of computers and could at least teach basics, a private "Computer Tutorial Service," where you help people new to personal computers get started might be fun and helpful at the same time.
And there are still lots of folks who don't know squat about getting started with computers at all.

I think the bottom line would be not to think of whatever you begin with as the end—in and of itself—but more as a place to get started.
Once you break the inertia and create motion, it gets easier to keep moving forward.
Most of these occupations/jobs we have referred to are the kinds of jobs that have you meeting and working with others.
THAT is the valuable element in all this.
Contacts eventually lead to other contacts and options.
Those "other" yet unknown or not yet considered possibilities are the ones that contain the "payoff" for what you are looking for.
As long as you are recognized as consistent and reliable in whatever you do, it becomes a natural momentum that carries you forward into better things.
The initial primary goal is, to stay at it and not slack off.

A*L

Slenkar

Yeah working for someone else makes me feel like a machine,

If you had trouble getting to sleep last night...tough luck you have to come in at the same time and just sit at your desk in a semi comatose state all day.