In Mutual Reception You Switch Signs?

Bunraku

Mutual receptions don't perform a switcheroo to the planet's placements.

Bunraku

JUPITERASC

Well I usually consider a Saturn-Neptune MR to not be as powerful considering they are very slow planets.
Also I never said I had Saturn in Cancer or Moon in Capricorn.
I have Moon in Libra and Saturn in Taurus.
And then again I'd have a Moon with a +4 in essential dignity aswell as a Saturn.
Who doesn't want that? I have that.
Better to work with the actuality
Far from being dignified
your Libra Moon is - 5 due to being peregrine :smile:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig5.html
and
according to the chart you posted on another thread
is in 3rd House and therefore cadent

Even JUPITERASC here once mentioned this mutual reception in my chart.
Mutual reception traditionally speaking occurs
when the planets in question are in aspect
Taurus and Libra are not in aspect

Andrea_

@Julien: Ah, yep, my fault, i somehow remained with the idea that you had the moon-saturn combo :sideways: dunno how it happened

Yes generally slow planets aren't as prominent as the personal ones, however, when they are chart rulers, dispositors, cutting planets, well-aspected, etc... they become more important and a mutual reception becomes quite helpful.

The combination in your chart is interesting if following the table of planetary exaltation degrees, but i remember this is more used in Vedic astrology. This however can't really be called mutual reception. Practically a planet has to have enough resources to help the other one out and vice-versa. Your planets are peregrine, and not that powerful. In fact, your Moon is more prominent than your saturn as the ruler of your ASC. A MR also signifies, to quote someone, "the ability to get out of something, to make a compromise to 'return to normal' ". My friend also has something similar to you in her chart:
Sun in Taurus, Venus in Aries. Can this be called mutual reception? Not exactly (well not at all seemingly), and the second one is detrimented. And maybe if she wouldn't have had the fire Venus-Mars-Jupiter grand trine combo, her relationships (she's been in quite a few up until now) might have been much less harmonious (she gets into them quite quickly, she didn't always have luck, but at least there has never been huge disappointments or violence or this kind of stuff involved, and they each helped her evolve in my point of view and she never let them influence her own life principles). So maybe in the end they might help each other more than if they weren't in each other's exaltation and domicile respectively? Debatable...

About your planets, you could have said they were in some mutual reception if Moon was in the 10th and Saturn in the 4th. You could check delineation to see if your planets might be linked in other ways such as through parallels (your moon and saturn are not furthermore). Other times you might take into consideration your Progressed natal chart too and different transits.

It is like with orbs. You might decide how powerful an aspects needs to be in order to be worth of being taken into consideration and applied to your daily life... (for example, and while i personally don't, i saw many actually choose to call 2 planets in mutual reception even without the aspect between them; or who apply more than 1.5 degrees to conjunctions with fixed stars, and so on)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Moon in Libra isn't exalted.
Moon at 21 Libra is peregrine and a - 5
Saturn in Taurus isn't exalted.
Saturn at 3 Taurus is peregrine and a - 5
So you'd read them as moon in Libra and Saturn in Taurus.
Exactly
There's no reception between them
because the signs don't see each other.
i.e.
no reception between Taurus Saturn and Libra Moon
You could argue there's generosity between them,
but again - that's a horribly, horribly weak connection,
especially when you're talking about two planets that are (probably) peregrine.
these two planets in this case are peregrine
For reception,
you'd want something like Jupiter in Libra sextile Saturn in Sag
- Saturn is exalted in Libra, Jupiter rules Sagittarius,

the signs see each other,
and there's an aspect
dignities2.gif

Bunraku

Hmm so using that sky script chart

Since Julian's Mercury in Pisces is both fall and detriment, is it tallied up as -4 + -5 ? Or is it just - 5?

Allright Guys, I have Mercury-Saturn opposition in Leo-Aqua axis (orb is 8)

Mercury in Saturn term of Leo
Saturn in Mercury term of Aqua

is it considerable ?

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Moon at 21 Libra is peregrine and a - 5

Saturn at 3 Taurus is peregrine and a - 5

Exactly

i.e.
no reception between Taurus Saturn and Libra Moon

these two planets in this case are peregrine

dignities2.gif

Well if I recall correctly you said on one of my threads something along the lines of:

HOWEVER :smile:

MOON is located at LIBRA 22 AND SATURN TAURUS 03,

therefore in each other's exaltation sign.

So we can say that they are able to cooperate. :smile:

JUPITERASC

Well if I recall correctly
you said on one of my threads something along the lines of:

HOWEVER :smile:

MOON is located at LIBRA 22 AND SATURN TAURUS 03,

therefore in each other's exaltation sign.

So we can say that they are able to cooperate.
:smile:
Provide a link :smile:

Andrea_

Allright Guys, I have Mercury-Saturn opposition in Leo-Aqua axis (orb is 8)

Mercury in Saturn term of Leo
Saturn in Mercury term of Aqua

is it considerable ?

Nope, not as a mutual reception that is. The orb is also pretty big, and it depends whether it's separating or not; it would have been a mutual reception if you would have had say saturn in Leo and sun in aqua...
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/dig6.html

Julian

Banned
and SLOW IN MOTION :smile:

= -2
so
-5 detriment

-5 peregrine

-4 fall

-2 slow in motion

= -16

Ehh no save that for another discussion. Mercury is IMO stationary.

And by the way:

HOWEVER

this SATURN is in MUTUAL RECEPTION by EXALTATION with this natal MOON

because LIBRA is the Exaltation of SATURN

and

TAURUS is the Exaltation of the MOON

Furthermore, each planet is exactly placed on the other planet's precise Exaltation degree

So Venus and Saturn are potentially able to co-operate with regard to the matters/houses they rule
__________________"

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80953

edit: Also you keep saying I have a 3rd house Moon but it's conjunct the Imum Coeli. And one last thing, you said it's slow in motion but if I recall correctly you addressed it as "retrograde" not slow in motion. Also even if it is slow in motion or whatever, essential dignities are much more powerful than accidental ones, so I wouldn't add up the score that loosely.

Another example of my Mercury positioning in the natal chart would be Steve Job's natal chart. Do you guys honestly think that man had Mercury slow or retrograde in Aquarius? It'd make sense if it was stationary. Mercury retrograde ruler of the10th and the 1st? Don't think so.

Last edited: