I am a leo but I am shy and insecure??

Julia51423

Hi Julia,

I had a friend who had Sun, Moon and Mercury in Leo, as well as Scorpio rising. She is one of the most quiet, introverted and withdrawn people i know. Just occasionally, and a bit more frequently as she got older, the Leo would pop up and she could be so bright and playful.
My father is also a Leo with a grand trine between Sun in Leo, Moon in Aries and Jupiter in Sag - he has a very powerful and dominating personality.
How you express yourself depends on the rest of the chart too and i think on progressions and transits, which show what you are going through at the moment. A sun in Leo can be expressed in so many different ways as well.

That's interesting, but see, I have a Gemini rising. I just read this description online about leo Suns with Gemini rising:

"You have an extroverted and relaxed nature which may border on inconsideration. Your slickness is terrific. Both Leo and Gemini are open to the people surrounding them, they tend to impose their presence and meddle in everything. It is easy to imagine you making as many contacts as you can, bustling about here and there, and avidly devouring all kinds of knowledge with intellectual detachment or nervousness. You keep your leonine warmth for your friends and relatives, and you treat them with magnanimity and pride. People who do not know you well perceive only your communicative and playful facet. Sometimes, you do the splits between your objectives, which are necessarily noble, and the superficial and natural polyvalence of your facade. You are highly appreciated for your humour and your theatricality, and also because you know very well how to look your best. In a word, one never gets bored with you!"

I feel like I am rarely like this... I am usually not that outgoing and people usually dominate me actually personality wise. I have to be feeling extra super confident that day to actually fit the above description. I know astrology isn't that simple, but why am I not more like this? I want to be!!!

roz

That's interesting, but see, I have a Gemini rising. I just read this description online about leo Suns with Gemini rising:

"You have an extroverted and relaxed nature which may border on inconsideration. Your slickness is terrific. Both Leo and Gemini are open to the people surrounding them, they tend to impose their presence and meddle in everything. It is easy to imagine you making as many contacts as you can, bustling about here and there, and avidly devouring all kinds of knowledge with intellectual detachment or nervousness. You keep your leonine warmth for your friends and relatives, and you treat them with magnanimity and pride. People who do not know you well perceive only your communicative and playful facet. Sometimes, you do the splits between your objectives, which are necessarily noble, and the superficial and natural polyvalence of your facade. You are highly appreciated for your humour and your theatricality, and also because you know very well how to look your best. In a word, one never gets bored with you!"

I feel like I am rarely like this... I am usually not that outgoing and people usually dominate me actually personality wise. I have to be feeling extra super confident that day to actually fit the above description. I know astrology isn't that simple, but why am I not more like this? I want to be!!!

You say you know it isn't that simple, yet you expect a simple answer. You can't just read a description of one facet of the chart and apply it to your whole personality just as you can't expect to come out of your mother's uterus as a grown person with a fully developed personality. Also, take note that not all of you is necessarily expressed at all times with all the people you associate with. Sometimes certain people might bring out different sides of your personality.. I also think leo is a sign that can be very wavering in the confidence scale; the people who seem most confident can be so insecure they have to make sure no one can detect a hint of weakness from their disposition.

I think i fit the description of a "shy leo" pretty well myself but then again i think it gets much easier with time. When as a child i was almost defined by my shyness, i'm no longer crippled by it like i used to. So don't worry, you'll be doing a lot of changing and i think a lot of people of your age (or any age) have not fully "found themselves" yet.

Galaxias

You are in a phase now! You are knowing yourself through introspection, this introspection brought you to this site! Astrology is an awesome way to know ourselves and learn about the life journey we are here to travel :)

Bina

There is soo much more to your chart than your Sun sign and Asc.... I can't really focus on the chart you posted, it has too many lines in it.. if you could just post your birthchart with the normal aspect lines, not aspect lines to everything, i'd have a look.. :smile:

astralrabbit

Account Closed
I have an uncle who is a Leo. Growing up ;this man was the life of the party, and loved being the center of attention, playing music and having fun. He was constantly exercising the very essence of the 5th house. He and I have always gotten along well. I have a cousin who is Leo, and who loves to be the center of attention but dramatic to the hilt to the point that it has been debilitating for her in her relationships. My oldest son is two years older than you is a Leo and loves to be the center of attention. He is a musician with his own music posted out in cyberspace because he knows what he wants to do and is willing to put himself out there to accomplish what he wants to do....some people just know and others it takes time, some are just moving through a phase that reflects cycles that are congruent with in their age group of growing up ...With that being said; My experience with Leo sun signs has been fairly similar to what has been stated above to the stereotype but those expressions were not always evident from birth. You are moving into a space in which you are questioning how you react with in your environment, that is not a bad thing; as said above there are no simple answers but then again I feel in your case, that it is and it shows in the fact that You are asking questions and are encompassing the very essence of the planet in the chart that reflects how you think and in what you think about. As I said before you are in the process of aligning yourself to your souls evolution. Practice. Breathe and be who you are! Sometimes we have all the answers, but our brains move to many thoughts around, which allows life to become a tangled web which slows us down. You state that you want to be more like the stereotype. Then what can YOU do to become the very essence of that? You already know the answer.

Hi Julia,

Don't be too hard on yourself - you don't have to fit the textbook definition of a Leo. Despite your fire and air, most of your personal planets - the core of you - are below the horizon, indicating that you are more introverted than extroverted.

Your sun is also squared to Saturn. You are probably too hard on yourself, you feel like you're not good enough the way you are, that you always need to be better. Your dad might have this same trait. It's a bit of an inferiority complex and as you mature you'll have the opportunity to develop great self discipline and you'll know your limits very well. Just watch for that self doubt and don't let it dictate your life.

Your Leo sun is on the IC, meaning that you're a fairly private person who doesn't seek attention from the world like someone with a Leo sun in another house. Instead, your roots, home and family are your focus - and in particular, your dad. You strive to be important to your family. You seek that feeling of being special that all Leos seek through your family, and in particular, your father. Now that you don't see him much, you are probably missing out on the love and attention of your biggest fan.

When your parents divorced your probably felt like your whole world fell apart. In 2004-5 there were major transits occurring. Two that I'll go into in more detail are:

Saturn conjunct Venus and Mars - being cut off from what you love (Venus). Not being able to go after what you want (Mars). With Venus and Mars in cancer and ruled by the moon, the family significance is more pronounced. You love and desire family. Cancer needs security, but your sense of security was crushed.

Pluto conjunct Moon - the death of your family. A very painful separation. An incredibly hard transit for anyone, let alone a child whose parents were divorcing. You might have felt like a part of you died. Your sense of inner security and safety would have been greatly disturbed.

I'll say that your insecurities stem in a large part from the divorce of your parents. Your bold child-self was extremely hurt and you've been in hiding in a way since then. It's understandable that you have trust issues.

It's ok to be shy. It's ok to have trust issues. You're obviously a very perceptive young woman who went through a difficult time at an important time in your development and that has of course impacted the way you interact with people now. You might like to talk to your parents about the divorce and see if you can put some of your current problems into perspective. Someone said that your brain is still developing and that is true - so the quicker you can resolve any past issues, the better, while your brain is still flexible enough to lay down new pathways.

As others have said, adolescence can be a challenging time for anyone. You are trying to find out who you are - that's hard! But there are reasons you feel the way you do about yourself and you deserve to take your feelings seriously. It's not necessarily just a phase that you'll grow out of - you're as much a person with genuine needs and experiences as any adult.

With a Sagittarius moon you tend to look on the bright side and philosophise a lot. That is a nice balance to your tendency to doubt yourself. Astrology is all about inner dynamics. There are lots of little personalities within us that need different things. You can always find strength from somewhere.

I hope this helps somewhat.

All the best

Ellie

ukdesifem

I am a teen leo female and I thought leos were supposed to be loud and outgoing, but I am pretty quit timid and shy, especially at school. If it helps I am leo sun, leo mercury, and Sagittarius moon, and Gemini ascendant, so idk why I would even be slightly reserved, but I can be very reserved at times.. It takes a whole for me to open up to people and I have trust issues, and even then I can still be awkward insecure and unsure of myself. Though something weird is my parents say that when I was younger, I was the most outgoing and friendly child, I loved meeting new people and loved being the center of attention, and when I walked in a room literally all eyes were on me and I loved it. When I imagine myself like that it makes me happy, but I am not like that anymore... Idk what happened? Why am I a leo but really shy, and it seems that the child me was the me I was supposed to be like?

Planet placements per se is not enough.

You have to examine the aspects between the planets, and the hemispheres.

You may need a horary analysis to find out why, or examine the transits.

venuschild

Banned
NO NEED to place aspect lines to everything...and OMIT the TRANSITS and PROGRESSIONS...otherwise it's fogging up the analysis..like looking through a thicket or obscure painting.

Can you post a chart that is more relaxed without everything in the map?

Most of us would Not want to see Lilly's style either!

looking-into-the-thicket.jpg

BRS.jpg

Don't most of you agree that some horoscopes are just to hard to read while others are easier?

Last edited:

venuschild

Banned
http://astrolibrary.org/considerations-guido-bonatus-6-10/

This CADENT position of your Sun in Leo is why you feel this as in Bonatti's 6th consideration:

"Considerations of Guido Bonatus

#6 The 6th Consideration, Is to regard another manner whereby planets are dibilitated or weakened and afflicted, not much different from the former, which comes to pass Ten ways. The 1st when a planet is Cadent from Angles or from the Ascendent, so that he does not behold the same. The 2nd when the Planet is Retrograde. The 3rd if they be combust, that is, within 15 degrees before or after the Sun; the lower Planets are more debilitated, being behind the Sun, and the less before him, when they are direct; but when retrograde the contrary. 4th When any of them is in Opposition, Corporal Conjunction, or Square of either or both the Infortunes without Reception. 5th when any of them are besieged by the Infortunes, so as to separate from one and be joined to another, without perfect reception of House, Exaltation, or two of the smaller Dignities, which are Term, Triplicity and Face. when a Planet is joined to another in his Declension or Fall, that is, in Opposition to its own House or Exaltation. 7th when it is joined to a Planet Cadent from the Ascendent, or separates from a Planet that did deceive him, and is joined to another that doth not. 8th when a Planet is Peregrine, that is, in a place where he bath not any Dignity: or being one of the Superiours is followed by the Sun, or being of the Inferiours when it follows the Sun. 9th when a Planet is with the Head or Tail of the Dragon, without Latitude. 10th when a planet weakens itself, that it, when it is in the seventh house from its own, real, or not in Reception. These are the Impediments of the Planets, that cause Hindrances, delays, and mischiefs in Nativities, Questions, Elections, etc.: all which thou oughtest to be well acquainted with. There are some more that seem necessary to be known, but to avoid tediousness and confusion I shall at present omit them."

Red added by yours truly as this applies to your Leo Sun despite it's essential dignity, it is therefore weakened!

Julia51423

NO NEED to place aspect lines to everything...and OMIT the TRANSITS and PROGRESSIONS...otherwise it's fogging up the analysis..like looking through a thicket or obscure painting.

Can you post a chart that is more relaxed without everything in the map?

Most of us would Not want to see Lilly's style either!

looking-into-the-thicket.jpg

BRS.jpg

Don't most of you agree that some horoscopes are just to hard to read while others are easier?

Alright haha fair enough here you go;)

Last edited:

Shibo

I'll start by saying that I don't feel prepared to give much of an interpretation. I am strictly amateur. I can see the story, but I don't trust my ability to express it by translating it into clearly understandable English.

Mars is in the sign of his fall. Venus has no essential dignities. The two are closely conjunct, technically applying, and ruled by the Moon, who also has no essential dignity, and applies in square to Jupiter, who is her ruler. Jupiter is in Pisces, which he does rules, but has no further essential dignity. More, Jupiter is retrograde and in the sign of afflicted Venus' exaltation, and the triplicity, term (I use Egyptian), and face of Mars. Jupiter is in the eleventh house, which is the house of his joy. Saturn in the twelfth is also in his joy, though also lacking essential dignity, but, more, is applied to by retrograde Mercury through antiscia. The only aspects of the traditional planets are the square between the Moon and Jupiter, the trine from Mercury to the Moon, and the conjunction of Mars and Venus. The Sun and Saturn are unaspected, even though the Sun opposes Uranus (which I will not discount altogether). So the only planets here with any essential dignity at all are the Sun, and Jupiter. Jupiter is by far the strongest planet in this chart.

The question here is one of self-expression. Trust issues and such were also mentioned. The ruler of the first house, which is the house most relevant to self-expression, is Mercury, who is in the fourth house of the home and also not in good condition, with help only possibly through that trine from the contraparallel Moon, who is in the seventh house and also not in good condition. The seventh house is the house of relationships with other people, and here it is ruled by Jupiter. The life-area governed by the house itself, in this instance, is best characterized by the peregrine Moon (of course, I'll not ignore Pluto altogether, which I don't think helps much)... with that important square from retrograde Jupiter in the house of acquaintances and good humor... on the subject of Venus and Mars, who conflict, in poor condition, on the cusp of the third house of close friends and brothers.

There's a clear story there. I certainly can see trust issues and a buried self. I also see lots of difficulty on the subject of authority figures, not in the sense of conflict but more due to an essential lack of healthy expression and understanding of authority. This Leo Sun has no room for expressing itself. The clearest, most positive expression of the chart is through the eleventh-house retrograde Jupiter in Pisces.

Thank you for listening. I hope I happened to have contributed something to the discussion ... but now the lunar eclipse is about to become apparent. I hope some of you have the opportunity to observe it, too.

ukdesifem

Oh okay that makes sense.. Yeah situational issues maybe. Or maybe because I am simply a teen, but I just felt more insecure then most other teens are, also considering that I am a Leo and leos are supposed to be "the most confident" if them all. I was just wondering.

It's a generalisation, and a misconception of what the signs and the attributes actually mean.

It's really the media that says all Leos are x, or all Scorpios are Y. Two Leos can be wildly different, based on signs, houses, aspects, etc.

And by Leo, do you mean Sun only? I am a Leo Sun and Moon, and most Leo horoscopes from noted astrologers tend to be accurate for me due to this. I also have all of my inner planets in Leo, so this further strengthens this.

Julia51423

It's a generalisation, and a misconception of what the signs and the attributes actually mean.

It's really the media that says all Leos are x, or all Scorpios are Y. Two Leos can be wildly different, based on signs, houses, aspects, etc.

And by Leo, do you mean Sun only? I am a Leo Sun and Moon, and most Leo horoscopes from noted astrologers tend to be accurate for me due to this. I also have all of my inner planets in Leo, so this further strengthens this.

I have a leo Mercury but sagittarius moon.. But I also though sagittarius's were supposed to be more loud and outgoing too, so I don't really know.

Julia51423

I'll start by saying that I don't feel prepared to give much of an interpretation. I am strictly amateur. I can see the story, but I don't trust my ability to express it by translating it into clearly understandable English.

Mars is in the sign of his fall. Venus has no essential dignities. The two are closely conjunct, technically applying, and ruled by the Moon, who also has no essential dignity, and applies in square to Jupiter, who is her ruler. Jupiter is in Pisces, which he does rules, but has no further essential dignity. More, Jupiter is retrograde and in the sign of afflicted Venus' exaltation, and the triplicity, term (I use Egyptian), and face of Mars. Jupiter is in the eleventh house, which is the house of his joy. Saturn in the twelfth is also in his joy, though also lacking essential dignity, but, more, is applied to by retrograde Mercury through antiscia. The only aspects of the traditional planets are the square between the Moon and Jupiter, the trine from Mercury to the Moon, and the conjunction of Mars and Venus. The Sun and Saturn are unaspected, even though the Sun opposes Uranus (which I will not discount altogether). So the only planets here with any essential dignity at all are the Sun, and Jupiter. Jupiter is by far the strongest planet in this chart.

The question here is one of self-expression. Trust issues and such were also mentioned. The ruler of the first house, which is the house most relevant to self-expression, is Mercury, who is in the fourth house of the home and also not in good condition, with help only possibly through that trine from the contraparallel Moon, who is in the seventh house and also not in good condition. The seventh house is the house of relationships with other people, and here it is ruled by Jupiter. The life-area governed by the house itself, in this instance, is best characterized by the peregrine Moon (of course, I'll not ignore Pluto altogether, which I don't think helps much)... with that important square from retrograde Jupiter in the house of acquaintances and good humor... on the subject of Venus and Mars, who conflict, in poor condition, on the cusp of the third house of close friends and brothers.

There's a clear story there. I certainly can see trust issues and a buried self. I also see lots of difficulty on the subject of authority figures, not in the sense of conflict but more due to an essential lack of healthy expression and understanding of authority. This Leo Sun has no room for expressing itself. The clearest, most positive expression of the chart is through the eleventh-house retrograde Jupiter in Pisces.

Thank you for listening. I hope I happened to have contributed something to the discussion ... but now the lunar eclipse is about to become apparent. I hope some of you have the opportunity to observe it, too.

Thank you for this. Very informative:)

Matrix1

Julia, I don't know what could be the problem. But i have somehow same problem... for example i'm sun cancer, virgo ascedant and pisces moon and I'm really outgoing, i love to be in center of attention, etc. There's no private word for me.

ukdesifem

I have a leo Mercury but sagittarius moon.. But I also though sagittarius's were supposed to be more loud and outgoing too, so I don't really know.

What are your Rising and Sun signs? If you just have a Leo Mercury, well you would speak with authority and have strong views/opinion. However, your personality signature is your Moon, Ascendant and Sun, and it could be this combination that lends to your shyness.

Julia51423

Matrix1 that's interesting yeah with those signs I would think you would be shy too.. And ukdesidem, you could just simply look at my chart. But:
My sun sign: leo
Moon: sagittarius
Mercury: leo
Rising sign: Gemini

So yeah:/

Osamenor

Staff member
Julia, I've been reading this thread with interest. Like you, I am a Leo who, for years, never thought I was very Leo because my surface personality doesn't match up very well with what the sun sign books describe. And, like you, I have the moon in Sagittarius, but a different rising sign: Capricorn. I was also pretty shy as a child and teen, and as an adult (late thirties), I would still consider myself introverted, but a gregarious introvert: I really enjoy being with people, and I also really enjoy being alone, and I really wouldn't consider myself shy anymore. I'm perfectly comfortable, for instance, with speaking in front of large groups.

In my case, the Leo gets somewhat muted by having Capricorn rising--that creates a very practical and serious "mask"--and by my sun being in the eighth house. The fourth, eighth, and twelfth houses are the inwardly directed houses of the birthchart. Anything placed in one of those houses has a strong influence on the development of your inner life, but its influence is not so immediately visible to others... or, often, even to yourself. It can take some deep introspection to see how you're being influenced by planets in the fourth, eighth, or twelfth house (for the purpose of astrology, the sun and moon are also planets).

While your Leo sun is in the third house, it's up against the cusp of the fourth house, so it would have some fourth house influences as well. Planets on house or sign cusps tend to have influences on, and take on characteristics of, both the sign or house that they're in and the one they're almost in.

Sun indicates the development of your ego and personality. The sign it's in indicates how your personality needs to grow and develop in this lifetime and gives some clues as to how that can happen. Planets that make aspects to your sun also give some of those clues, but that gets very complex in a hurry, so for the purpose of this post, I'll stick with signs and houses. And the house that your sun is in indicates where you need to develop--that is, in what way and what direction your personality needs to grow.

Leo's ruler is the sun. That means its message is essentially the same as the sun's message: development of personality to the fullest. The sun in any sign is a core personality that needs to grow, and the sun in Leo is a personality that really, really needs to grow, to develop itself as fully and far as it can. And the third house is the house of communication. It is closely associated with Gemini and with Mercury, and Mercury is the ruler of Gemini, just as the sun is the ruler of Leo: again, their messages are essentially the same.

It's no coincidence at all that your current shyness, sense of insecurity, and difficulties with communication are causing you so much difficulty. Those are the key issues that your personality needs in order to grow. With your sun in the house of communication, and your ascendant ruled by the planet of communication, and your ascendant's ruler in the same sign as your sun, which happens to be the sign of personality development... for you, communication is at the very center of who you are and who you need to become. Difficulties with communication are no picnic for anyone, but for someone whose core personality depends on communication, those difficulties can feel many times worse--like an outright attack on sense of self.

But communication doesn't just mean talking. It also means listening. The best communicators listen even more than they talk. Listen to others, listen to the world around them, listen to their own inner intuitive voices. And your chart shows a strong gift for that. The retrograde Mercury, Mercury in the fourth house, and fourth house influences on your sun all speak to a deep and inward type of communication. You have the natural ability to be a great listener and a deeply intuitive communicator. Those are very great strengths.

The difficulties you're having right now can also become great strengths if you let them. Personalities develop through challenges, and you have gifts that could not possibly develop to their fullest if everything in that area were easy for you. You have such a strong desire and need to communicate, to speak to others (not just literally, but also deeply and metaphorically) that if it all came easy to you, you would be joyfully running your mouth like there's no tomorrow.

If you didn't experience significant challenges to your own ability to communicate early in life, if you spent your entire youth as an outgoing "Leo" personality with a bubbly "Gemini" mask... then you would be a big talker but probably not much of a listener. You would be at great risk for becoming a prima donna with a big mouth who's so full of herself that she never shuts up and certainly never lets anyone else get a word in edgewise. And worst of all, if you didn't have any uncomfortable feelings around that, any challenges around communication, you wouldn't see anything wrong with that, you wouldn't feel any need to change, and you wouldn't develop your communication abilities in any meaningful way. That would in turn result in your personality failing to grow, because your personality needs growth in that area in order for it to grow.

Your birth chart spared you from that by giving you those challenges. It put the brakes on your talking long enough for you to develop the listening side of communication. You will probably find it easier to communicate with others as you develop your ability to communicate with yourself, to hear your inner voice, and also as you develop your ability to listen.

The very fact that you posted here in this forum shows that you are already following that path. You may be following it in other ways as well. Maybe your friends consider you a good listener. Maybe you have lots of intuitive experiences... lots of "I'll do that just because it feels right," or "I don't know why I don't want to do that, but it just doesn't feel right." Maybe you have hobbies or interests that are very creative... art, poetry, drama, or even just a creative flair on something not usually labeled creative. Maybe you just like listening to the birds sing and seeing a beautiful sunset. All of those things are communicative experiences on that deeper level.