Is he a male prostitute?

VitaminA

Hello dear astrologer's community,

this is my first thread and it concerns a question that I wanted to answer with the horary. I have been studying horary for a while and want to learn more, as I am amazed by it. Hopefully I will learn many things from you as well...:)

So today I asked a question about the guy who I had a crush on. He kinda was and wasn't into me - everything about our date was really weird. Later on I have been following him on Instagram and I could see him travelling the world without having a steady source of income. So I wondered, how on earth could he cover all the costs of travelling and leading high class lifestyle in 5 countries in like two weeks...

The question was 'Is he a male prostitute?' and the answer could not be more clear. The chart is on the link below. I just wanted to hear your opinion as I might be subjective in this matter.

http://i.imgur.com/dVdmW5e.png

So, he is signified by venus in virgo, as the ascendent is in libra. We see him in 12th house, which signifies secrets...also venus is debilitated in virgo...The cusp of 7th, the house of his lovers is in areas, and mars as a ruler is in the second house - income from the lovers? Gaining money from them? ALSO, the ruler of his 5th house of sex is in the second house...Saturn.

There is the notion of the uranus that is right on the descendent - which should not be ignored? I suppose his clients are mainly male clients...They can also be signified by the sun, which is in 12th house - secret lovers, secret clients?

And all this is happening abroad, as his moon and the mars is in saggitarius...Which denotes travel all around.

Any thoughts? I wonder what this mercury in 1st might signify...

Thanks a lot in advance...:) Horary is truly amazing.

IleneK

Premium Member
Just a bit of a heads up for you.

Since he did not ask the question [you did], he is signified by the ruler of the 7th, not the 1st. The ruler of the 1st is you. That then reveals the weakness, and perhaps the unintentionally, but nevertheless, seemingly contrived delineation that you painted.

I do not think a horary can determine if another person is involved in certain activities. Horary is outcome oriented, as in "Will I...?," or "Did he...?"

Also, a horary question is supposed to be about a pressing, well-thought out matter that is directly related to you. This question has a feel of gossip or speculation on your part, which does not really seem suitable or respectful of horary's function.

tikana

facepalm

just because guy travels to bunch of countries, he's a male prostitute????

did anyone tell you that since ancient times male prostitutes got paid pennies on a dollar for their service?

LOL

junoisuppose

I agree with IleneK - he is signified by the ruler of the 7th and you by the ruler of the 1st.

For a positive answer to the question of whether or not someone is working as a prostitute I would expect to see the 8th house involved.

He is mars, which is in Sagittarius the sign of overseas travel, so this fits with what you saw on Instagram. Mars is conjunct the moon, so he is probably with an older woman. As the moon rules his 4th, and saturn is also there ruling his 10th it could well be that the funds for his trip come from his parents as both the 4th and 10th and moon and saturn are parental significators. As saturn rules his 10th it could also be some kind of job.

Uranus on the 7th, gives more insight into his character, or at least how he is behaving at the moment. I would say uranus indicates a free spirit or someone who is unconventional, but again that does not indicate prostitution or crime.

In questions about relationships uranus on the descendant is an indication of separation, more often than not permanent, so it may indicate the end of your relationship with him.

You as venus are in the 12th. This is also not a good indication. The 12th can mean secrets and hidden things or it can mean self-undoing and suffering. Venus is 29 degrees of the sign, which some people interpret as being weak, as if there is no more energy left to give on this matter. On a slightly more positive note it is there with the sun, and applying to a conjunction, although with a change of sign involved, so some people would not include this aspect, so you're either with a man or thinking about a man. If it does not indicate another man it may indicate your interest in the person you asked about. However in the 12th house I do not see a positive outcome for this relationship, either it will have to be a secret one with no future and/or it will bring you suffering and misfortune. One slightly positive thing is that once venus changes signs it will be in its own sign, so in a stronger position. Also once venus changes sign, if we include such aspects, which many people don't, it will be applying to a sextile with mars. Sextiles bring opportunities but not necessarily lasting effects, so you may have a chance to contact the person you asked about again but it might not lead to anything.

Another positive thing, mars is in venus's terms and venus is in mars's terms at the time of this chart, which I think means positive feelings towards each other, but this will end soon when venus moves into libra, which is the sign of mars's detriment.

If there is another man around you, as signified by the sun being close to your significator, it might be better to move on to him. The sun is in libra so this man is interested in you, because libra is venus's sign, however as said earlier this relationship may be secret or involve suffering such as where one person has to look after the other in some way or the relationship is very one-sided, so that might not be the best thing for you either.

Another interpretation of your significator being next to the sun is that it is "combust", that is you are getting burnt out or obsessed by this situation. Venus is perhaps a little far from the sun to be considered combust at the moment, astrology weekly says the limit of the orb may be as little as 3 degrees or as much as 8.5 degrees, but venus is getting closer to the sun.

Last edited:

junoisuppose

We're really asking about where he got the money, and mars is in the 2nd so that fits with the question & makes it radical, in my opinion.

The ruler of his 10th is saturn, and saturn is in scorpio... so maybe he is! Or at least there is some connection with money from other people, the second being his 8th, and also the scorpio connection.

junoisuppose

there was no question "where is he getting his money from?"

I think horary, like all astrology, can tell us a lot more detail about the situation than just what we ask initially. (& I am also one of the people who think that a horary can answer multiple questions)

This is what the questioner said:

I could see him travelling the world without having a steady source of income. So I wondered, how on earth could he cover all the costs of travelling and leading high class lifestyle in 5 countries in like two weeks...

The question was 'Is he a male prostitute?'

So when she(? I'm presuming) asked the question she(?) was thinking about how he got the money for the trip.

If he was working as a prostitute then her being interested in him would lead to suffering, as shown by the querent's significator in the 12th, but on the other hand imagining all kinds of crazy scenarios could lead to suffering too. In any case I don't see this relationship as being a good one for the querent.

Still I think there would be more 8th house - sex & organized crime, if prostitution were involved.

tikana

ehhh wobbling on this issues. I get what you are saying though~! excellent point!

Yes it can show more than what a single chart shows

shrug
dunno!

Seems a trivial question to me

junoisuppose

His money is 8th house, which is ruled by taurus. The ruler of taurus is venus, venus is in the 12th, so where he gets his money from is a secret. Venus is quintile pluto, so there are many scorpio type possibilities about how he got the money, including more innocent possibilities such as a loan or an inheritance. But perhaps venus combust means that his money will all be burnt up soon.

junoisuppose

You are probably right.

Venus isn't quintile pluto. I read it wrong. Because there was no aspect grid with the chart. So there is no pluto connection to the money.

Venus is separating from quintile mars.

venuschild

Banned
VitaminA

So, he is signified by venus in virgo, as the ascendent is in libra. We see him in 12th house, which signifies secrets...also venus is debilitated in virgo...

NO, you are the querant, the first house and it's lord, and the Moon, he if you know his name, real or otherwise is the 7H and his lord is the ruler of the 7th, Mars in Sag and in the 2nd.

VitaminA

.The cusp of 7th, the house of his lovers is in areas, and mars as a ruler is in the second house - income from the lovers? Gaining money from them? ALSO, the ruler of his 5th house of sex is in the second house...Saturn.

Since he is Not a friend yet/acquaintance, nor a relative, he again is the 7H.

And the 8th is sex...5th is courtship and not necessarily coitus nor oral as Anthony Louis would say, being more well read that I and many on this forum, yet Louis misunderstood in early writings concepts too, like all of us have done; part of the course of horary!

As far as income for lovers, the horary's 2nd is his 8th, his partner's income, whether in business pursuits or romantic attachments.

VitaminA

There is the notion of the uranus that is right on the descendent - which should not be ignored? I suppose his clients are mainly male clients...They can also be signified by the sun, which is in 12th house - secret lovers, secret clients?

Better read Deb Houlding's course, she includes Outer planets, yet NOT ruling any houses.

Since he is the 7th, Mars, and turning the map, the horay's 4th is his employment, Saturn...NOT the Sun.

I haven't yet read any of the other's posts on this, just jumped in. Yet I'm certain Tikana is giving it her passionate all...what else can a sco sun do!

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/relationships.html

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary_questions.html

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Ilene said it best.

IleneK said:
Also, a horary question is supposed to be about a pressing, well-thought out matter that is directly related to you. This question has a feel of gossip or speculation on your part, which does not really seem suitable or respectful of horary's function.

venuschild

Banned
Paul Langeveld, a great horary artist whom all can respect, of the Netherlands, now gone to the other side, as many Hebrew would say asleep, or Max Heindel wrote '...in the Post Mortem existence..'

http://altairastrology.wordpress.com/2008/12/03/earthquake-prediction-area-location/

Paul developed his horary so well he could look at a horary and see that something else, typically illegal was going down within the horary asked.

But I see in this as Saturn is lord of the matter, in the turned/derived 10th of the man in question, being in sco and the man's derived 8th, it looks worthy to interpret; and the sexual symbolism is noted.

And look at Jupiter's squ to Saturn, lord of the quesited, that is going to eventually get wrecked by Mercury intervening.

Why am I interested on this one?

I hope the querant will join in, and give some of their insights, I hate giving advice to those only faking to be artists, and I'm not accusing anyone, not the querant, but it happens on here frequently.

I wonder if the prior poster's statement was about the state of Venus's in last degree? Gifted like Paul Langeveld of the Netherlands I see!

Had a woman interested in me recently email me, yet I don't know her location. But her lord was cjt the 10th in the 9th, in sco, with Sun cjt Moon.

I haven't asked the horary...but it appeared that way in the possible event chart...as if she may have been a prostitute...very strange.

Last edited:

venuschild

Banned
3550268287_114d4eb9a8.jpg

Sometimes I get the feeling that the OPs aren't horary artists and I'm just giving out donations!