Do I need a lawyer to win my disbility case?

Courtney Love

I have applied for disability and been turned down, largely through my own fault. Now I have an upcoming hearing, and I have been urged to get a lawyer, and I don't think I need one, however, I am considering it.

The main issue is that I have done a lot of research and I feel that I know what I need to present, and how I need to present it, to win. So here is the chart:

mv86.gif

I am represented by mars, which is located in the 9th house which represents lawyers, so I think the chart is radical. However, I have read that the second house also represents the lawyer, who supports you, so I don't know, but I'm going with the 9th, which is represented by the moon at 5 degrees gemini.

Moon and mars at 17 degrees leo make no aspect, as the sextile is 12 degrees apart. Mars in the 9th also is squaring the ascendent, applying, which could show that I don't want a lawyer. the issue with the lawyer is financial, the lawyer takes 25% of the disability backpay, which should be a few thousand dollars. Arguably, it's free since it's money I don't have, but I just don't think a lawyer is necessary, I don't think they could say anything that I can't say, and I don't need one to find my medical paperwork or organize things. However, I could be wrong.

So for me, this chart seems to be saying "no, a lawyer isn't needed/ nothing will come of it" and also the moon is the co-ruler for the chart, and therefore it also represents me, which is confusing.

Can anyone offer an opinion or shed some light on this matter?

I also notice the ruler of the 2nd house, Jupiter, is in the 8th house of other people's money, perhaps showing that I will get disability, or does that have nothing to do with the question?

Last edited:

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary dogmas and uses whole sign house format)

I'll use the Lot of Rectitude (right action, the right thing to do), ascendant+mars-mercury, to estimate the indications in this advice-request question:

-querent = 1st house = Scorpio = Mars
-querent co-significator = the Moon
-lawyers, legal matters, etc = 9th house = Cancer = Moon
-the Lot of Rectitude falls @ 13 Virgo
a) in the 11th whole sign house of friends, associates, hopes, and the Good Spirit = yes
b) querent significator Mars flows toward the Lot = yes
c) co-significator Moon, also 9th house significator Moon, flows toward the Lot = yes

...all testimonies regarding the Lot of Rectitude are +
Answer: yes, consulting a lawyer would be the "right action" to take in this matter...this implies that, probably, a lawyer would be necessary in order to succeed in this case.