How does one determine sect?

conspiracy theorist

That's because we don't have Saturn on our team, kicking our butts and shouting that our best still isn't good enough. Night people are better lovers and better fighters--just not "movers and shakers", except on the dance floor--better dancers too!

That's how I'd look at too... Night people have all the fun while the day people ensure that the country is running properly. Yawn

Dirius

Graay ghost, Saturn is the premier butt-kicker, and when it's actually on the team, it has more of a chance to do just that. Doesn't mean there aren't stressors in a Night-chart.
Here's a link for the frog--
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudis_paradoxa

I think you are taking the analogy a bit out of hand. Saturn can still be extremely harmful in a day chart, despite being "in sect".

Malefics that find themselves in the proper sect simply have their natural qualities more balanced (hot/cold). If they also happen to have some dignity and some accidental strenght, the malefic can be of use to you in a more helpful way, but it is a combination of multiple things, and may still be harmfull.

You should properly read what Oddity wrote:

Let me try here. Mars and Saturn are both malefics. One of them is going to be team native, and one won't. They're still both malefics, though. It will come down to the individual chart, but in a perfect, sect-less chart, I wouldn't want either of them. I'd want them both in reasonably good shape (not retrograde, not combust, in some dignity), and in the right hemispheres. For a day chart that would be Saturn above the horizon, Mars below. Reverse that for night charts.

I'd want the benefics to be in good shape, too. Jupiter in a night chart in bad shape could lead the native astray. It's nature is to do good, so it will always try to, but if it's in bad shape, it may only mitigate disaster a bit. It works better in a day chart overall, and again, you'd want it above the horizon, and Venus below the horizon in the day, reverse for night.

Planets that are out of sect can be harmful, can represent things other people do (maybe even good things), can be pleasant diversions, or can seem to do not much of anything. It's going to depend on the chart.

Also, traditional astrology is predictive. We don't see the planets all in play all the time. Maybe a planet is only going to do one thing in your chart, and that's it.

david starling

Thanks Dirius, I was playing off the "team-native" concept and concluding that Saturn would tend to actually have MORE clout in a Day-chart because you would be relying on it more heavily than in a Night-chart. Graay ghost took that to mean I thought a Night-chart would be free from Malefic influence, which isn't what I meant.

graay ghost

Thanks Dirius, I was playing off the "team-native" concept and concluding that Saturn would tend to actually have MORE clout in a Day-chart because you would be relying on it more heavily than in a Night-chart. Graay ghost took that to mean I thought a Night-chart would be free from Malefic influence, which isn't what I meant.

That is not what I meant at all. What I meant is that I am suffering.

david starling

That is not what I meant at all. What I meant is that I am suffering.

Sorry, you're right. Night-chart or not, Saturn's getting to you through Moon in Capricorn, and you can't shut it out because of your Sun-sign. Special case. It's a vicious circle. I'm solution-oriented, but not seeing one. If you had my level of faith in the Age of Aquarius, you would at least see reason for hope, but that's not normally included in Traditional-astrology. As I see it, the current Age of Tropical Capricorn is culminating at its ending, and is the worst possible Age for your Sun-sign, for which the Aquarian Age will provide salvation. These are just words. You have to FEEL it. Coming closer every day. And yes, I doubt this even makes sense to you. Cute frog though--at least acknowledge that!

Last edited:

Oddity

Atually, pointless and endless goading to do better and try harder is a lot worse in a night chart.

Rob Hand explained it as the limits of Saturn are unbounded at night - so there are limitless limits to Saturn.

david starling

Atually, pointless and endless goading to do better and try harder is a lot worse in a night chart.

Rob Hand explained it as the limits of Saturn are unbounded at night - so there are limitless limits to Saturn.

Interesting. Saturn, a Day-planet, is stronger at night. Not sure what "limitless limits" is supposed to mean.Is Jupiter more expansive at night?
Here's a big one: Is Saturn as limiting when in Aquarius as when in Capricorn?

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Interesting. Saturn, a Day-planet, is stronger at night. Not sure what "limitless limits" is supposed to mean.Is Jupiter more expansive at night?
Here's a big one: Is Saturn as limiting when in Aquarius as when in Capricorn?

It's not that Saturn is stronger at night but it's more that Saturn's intrinsic nature (which is inimical to life) isn't balanced with solar warmth. This results in Saturn's nature unchanged and therefore more harmful.

david starling

It's not that Saturn is stronger at night but it's more that Saturn's intrinsic nature (which is inimical to life) isn't balanced with solar warmth. This results in Saturn's nature unchanged and therefore more harmful.

So the Sun can mitigate Saturn's effects in a Day-chart, but it's out of commission in a Night-chart. Then the Sun can enhance Jupertarian effects in Day-chart only. Given that both Jupiter and the Sun are Saturn's teammates in Day-chart only, and Saturn is unbound at Night, it's up to Venus and the Moon (and Night-Mercury if available) to counteract the worst effects of Saturn. Day-chart sounds better.

conspiracy theorist

It's like this (and I think there is literature online that gives a comprehensive look at sect):

-The Luminaries set the tone
-The benefics have affinity with their sect luminary
-The malefics are mitigated to alleviate their intrinsically harmful natures
-Mercury is an *******.

JUPITERASC

So the Sun can mitigate Saturn's effects in a Day-chart,
Sun and Saturn are Sect mates on "team native"
- neither is of the Night time Sect

but it's out of commission in a Night-chart.
because Sun is below horizon at night :smile:
Then the Sun can enhance Jupertarian effects in Day-chart only.
Given that both Jupiter and the Sun are Saturn's teammates in Day-chart only,
Exactly - Sun Jupiter and Saturn are of the Sect in favor in Day charts only
and Saturn is unbound at Night,
it's up to Venus and the Moon
(and Night-Mercury if available)
to counteract the worst effects of Saturn
IF they can
- whether they can or not is dependent on the individual natal chart

Day-chart sounds better.
Better to not generalise as dependent on the individual natal chart