Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Medicine and health

Horary Questions on Medicine and health For questions about health, illnesses and recovery, pregnancy and baby gender.

Unread 07-15-2012, 12:36 PM

---

-------------

Last edited by cailin; 07-18-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Unread 07-16-2012, 01:52 PM

Re: will I ever recover from this? (with chart)

Hi,
This is not astrology/horary advice, sorry...I am not that skilled but I had broke my knee and tore some ligaments too.

I had 1 surgery to reapir the knee but like you suffered for a year without any relief, I told my dr I was feeling like a 70 year old and I am 35! I could not do the things I used to either. I went for an MRI but nothing showed up, the dr went in and cleaned out the knee of debris and repaired the ligaments. I am still in therapy but it is getting so much better....I could almost run again. I do almost everything I used to.

Don't give up! Don't be discouraged- go to a dr and get a second opinion. If your body is saying this is not right, do not let them say there is nothing they can do. Go to another Dr....it worked for me.

Best to you!
Unread 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM

Wow, 6 different doctors! I had a partial tear in my PCL...which is also rare. Don't give up, I have been in therapy for almost 6 months working out 3-4x a week. I work out and that is all I do, its my mantra now. Even with this injury, I want to possibly become a personal trainer. I have worked so hard to recover. I know the pain and depression....I used to work out and run, it was so easy back then....and it is becoming easy now! I was so depressed.....believe me. Try some vitamin supplements, they are working for me. See a nutritionist to help also....I went to a nutritionist and have been trying some homeopathic anti inflammatory pills. I bet you have swelling and stiffness too. That used to be a big problem for me.
Unread 07-17-2012, 03:59 AM

Hi,

Yes my knee broke in half and I went a year with the healing and rehab, however my leg felt swollen, stiff and heavy and unstable. I gain 10-15 lbs. I was unable to run or walk without pain. I went to my dr but he did not want to really listen to me, I went to another dr and after a year of complaining he finally said after MRI- surgery was the only option. Orthoscopic surgery to repair the ACL/PCL tears.

I went to another famous dr in NYC, paid 400 out right with no insurance for that dr visit. He told me after talking with me and looking at x rays..he said my hips were weak and I need serious strengthening exercises with a therapist. The therapist he suggested was 110 an hour...no insurance pays for that.

I went back to my regular dr, opted for the surgery because I felt in my heart that the knee tissues were really messed up. I had thermal shrinkage and my knee cleaned out of all the stuff that was stuck in it. I don't know there was alot going on in the knee... trust me the knee was very swollen looking and kind of popping out looking...you know loose. The dr had a bunch of terms for the knee problems.

After Surgery and a few weeks....I started having hip pain! bad hip pain, again I am 35 not 75! I was so upset, well....the hip pain started going away, I had some lower back pain too. I had to limit certain exercises and just keep working out everyday. I did exercises little by little everyday. I also tried accupuncture for pain....it helps.

Also , if you go to a physical therapist make sure they are really watching you. I have one now that really tortures me with crazy exercises. It works, my squatting has improved...I could hardly squat or sit down without feeling like I was going to fall over. Now, I am really able to move my lower body.

The supplements I am taking are anti-inflammatory and fish oils and gloucousamine as well. I will tell you- that take care of yourself with eating right. Juice and make some smoothies....make sure you eat right because it helps you heal....Just my 2 cents.

I hope you feel a little better, I was so depressed. I know what your going through....but have some hope and go back to the dr.

Tags
chart, recover