Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 08-05-2009, 09:45 PM

Physical Descriptions of Significators through the Signs

So I've been spending a lot of time researching and practicing horary lately, and one of the methods I've often seen advocated to check the reliability of the significators is to look at the physical description of the planet itself and it's placement in the signs. While the planetary part is simple enough to find information about, finding the effects of the signs is not. Anyone have any more information about this, the effects of being placed in different signs on significators? I've managed to find bits and pieces by searching around, but no real definitive guide to it.

Unread 08-06-2009, 01:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank
Re: Physical Descriptions of Significators through the Signs

If you haven't consulted it already, I suggest Book 1 of William Lilly's "Christian Astrology." The text is freely available on the Web. A google search for - Lilly Christian Astrology Text - should find it for you. Since it was written in the 1600s it's in the Public Domain.
Unread 08-06-2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks Frank. I don't know why I didn't think to check it before. I really need to shell out the money to have a physical copy on hand, slogging through those scans get old fast.
Unread 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Some of them are Word files (which I use) so they are searchable.

Check here:

http://mithras93.tripod.com/books/books.html
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Thanks once again! No more straining my eyes to read fuzzy scan after fuzzy scan.
Unread 08-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Teb

very interesting topic, I would like to know how to do this as well. If you get a chance and it is not to much to ask can you write a brief summary .
Unread 08-06-2009, 09:20 PM

I've been taking notes on this so I might as well write it up. It would be interesting to see if others have noticed any patterns not described by Lily. I've also found a Vedic Guide to this subject and thus far it corresponds quite closely to the information Lily gives .
Unread 08-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Teb

Quote:
Originally Posted by babarobot View Post
I've been taking notes on this so I might as well write it up. It would be interesting to see if others have noticed any patterns not described by Lily. I've also found a Vedic Guide to this subject and thus far it corresponds quite closely to the information Lily gives .
thank you, looking forward to it.

Tags
descriptions, physical, significators, signs