Saturn in Virgo Ascendent

How does Saturn in your rising sign affect you? My ascendent is in Virgo, and while it is not as negative as when Saturn was in my Sun sign, I do think it affects the way I see my body and appearance. I think I am much more critical of myself than I used to be. One good thing is that I am working harder on exercising and taking care of my looks, but I am rather tired of obsessing about it. I will be glad when Saturn leaves my rising sign!

Anyone have similar experiences?

waybread

My Virgo ascendant is in a late degree, so he's not there yet. The last time Saturn crossed into my first house, however, I lost a lot of weight. I thought it was great. Saturn tends to restrict/constrict what it touches.

Awakened_Pisces

Virgo is the perfectionist, it is the most unhappy sign in the zodiac. If something isn't all tidy, then Virgo's complaining. Even if it's all tidy, Virgo still finds something to complain about.

Saturn in Virgo is in my 2nd house of self-worth, have I entered into a depression? No, but I've had self-doubt and guilt. And Virgo fits both of those :).

mr.hyde

I also have Asc in Virgo 3 degree and Saturn 21 degree Virgo, this position is very difficult for me cause like Waybread said , Saturn tends to restrict/constrict everything it touches in the chart, but at the same time i have Jupiter Conjuction Asc. So for me this means Expansion VS Restriction:D:D

Joseph Ledzion

Traditionally, Saturn in the first house is an excellent placement, an indicator that the native will be strong and responsible. The second half of life is better than the first for these people. The important thing to understand, psychologically, is that your long term efforts become crystalized, and they must be perfected in order to shine. Continuous rebuilding of the personality in order to achieve.

Is your North Node in Virgo too? This occurred 1978 - 1980. This shows a personality who can achieve much with effort, in terms of advancing in what the other indications in the chart show, regarding destiny.

Saturn is also strong in the 10th and 12th, where he is said to be in Joy, because he is naturally the author of mischief.

Joseph

Joseph Ledzion

waybread said:
My Virgo ascendant is in a late degree, so he's not there yet. The last time Saturn crossed into my first house, however, I lost a lot of weight. I thought it was great. Saturn tends to restrict/constrict what it touches.

Saturn is in your first house, by Whole Signs, the original house system.

dreamtimez

CHRISTINE77 said:
One good thing is that I am working harder on exercising and taking care of my looks, but I am rather tired of obsessing about it. I will be glad when Saturn leaves my rising sign!Anyone have similar experiences?

Ditto :) ... but lately I have been having problems with my sleep. Too little sleep makes me so tired ! :(

Lin

Christine,
Saturn on the ascendant, as Joseph said, is much better as you get older, at least in theory. Can we see your chart or give us your birth info? Because the aspects to and from Saturn has a lot to do with how it operates, especially during transits.

Saturn on the ascendant is traditionally difficult to get to understand, as Saturn itself doesn't come into it's own, or is not internalized until after the Saturn return. Saturn rules structure, self discipline, control, necessity - all the words that are the opposite of FUN. HOwever, it does tend to make others think of you as trustworthy.... you will automatically be trusted unless you let Saturn and yourself down by being deceptive or doing anything illegal, especially in business.

You (and all of us, actually) have to just 'get through' our Saturn transits, and then look back from the safe "future" to see what it "all meant". Because if there is an intellegence in the universe, a meaning, then Saturn represents it, along with Uranus. But Saturn is the energy we think of as more "personal" as in 'God the father in heaven', to use a common metaphor.

Pluto and Neptune also rule energy we think of as godlike or universal, but that is a different discussion.

LIN

I have Saturn conjunct my Asc in Virgo natally, and have just experienced my Saturn return. It is a tough placement, as it is extremely frustrating and self-blocking. I have Saturn opposed my Sun in Pisces 7th. I am sensitive to criticism, take life too seriously, and feel self-conscious meeting people. I am self-critical to a high degree and suffer feelings of failure on a regular basis.

Saturn has a powerful influence on my chart, I think it is more powerful than my chart ruler. I hate making mistakes, and I sometimes pay obsessive attention to details. I had a lot of body image issues growing up, I still do, but Saturn in Virgo in the 1st house is self-critical and harsh on themselves. I am anxious and frightened of life, and too much hardship in my early years got me down for a while. I am defensive when people approach me, I don't easily open up.

Interesting information (especially about Saturn as God the Father in Heaven). My Saturn is not in Virgo in my birth chart, it is in my Third House in Scorpio. My Ascendent is Virgo, and right now Saturn in in Virgo. The rest of my chart is Sun in Gemini, Moon in Aquarius, Mercury in Gemini, Venus in Taurus, Mars in Cancer, Jupiter in Cancer, Saturn in Scorpio, Neptune in Libra, Uranus in Cancer and Pluto in Leo.

Lin said:
Christine,
Saturn on the ascendant, as Joseph said, is much better as you get older, at least in theory. Can we see your chart or give us your birth info? Because the aspects to and from Saturn has a lot to do with how it operates, especially during transits.

Saturn on the ascendant is traditionally difficult to get to understand, as Saturn itself doesn't come into it's own, or is not internalized until after the Saturn return. Saturn rules structure, self discipline, control, necessity - all the words that are the opposite of FUN. HOwever, it does tend to make others think of you as trustworthy.... you will automatically be trusted unless you let Saturn and yourself down by being deceptive or doing anything illegal, especially in business.

You (and all of us, actually) have to just 'get through' our Saturn transits, and then look back from the safe "future" to see what it "all meant". Because if there is an intellegence in the universe, a meaning, then Saturn represents it, along with Uranus. But Saturn is the energy we think of as more "personal" as in 'God the father in heaven', to use a common metaphor.

Pluto and Neptune also rule energy we think of as godlike or universal, but that is a different discussion.

LIN

I
I've read somewhere that Saturn is not the heartless exterminator that most people think: he destroys only the situations which are holding us back, he takes the corrective actions which we do not dare to initiate (for convenience or due to inability to think outside the shell or -mainly- because of insecurity), giving us thus the opportunity to restart new without the weight of worn-out faces/places/relationships/jobs/resources/friendships... Saturn actually only puts the fullstop in texts already written in which we would continue to put only ellipses... ;)
This is very true I am sure. Although Saturn is a task master, he really is doing this for our own good. Even though the living isn't easy under his influence, in the long run, if you pay heed to him, things will be much better, and you will be a much stronger person.

Lin

Saturn is far from being a "heartless exterminator".... it is the teacher of teachers.... just never gives As.

When I described, metaphorically, Saturn as the way we THINK of god the father, I must explain that it's just my way of teaching about the power of the "outer" planets. Pluto, Neptune, Uranus & Saturn represent and describe energies with words we usually reserve for describing the 'power of God.'

The creative - destructive force of Pluto, the mystical nature of the great "deceiver", Neptune, the unpredictability of the great "disruptor", Uranus, and the tough tester, the stern taskmaster, rigid disciplinarian, Saturn.....who forces us to be tough BUT also FAIR, cautious, serious, just and stable. Saturn forces us to "re-form." It's a fascinating planet and there's a great and useful book by Liz Greene called "Saturn: A New Look at an Old Devil."
LIN

Saturn is the Task Master of the Zodiac for sure and when he comes to your Ascendant he is reminding you to do the right thing as far as taking care of your physical body and it is reiterated by being placed in the sign of Virgo. It appears to me that your spirit is certainly getting the message with working out etc. Usually Saturn transiting the First house indicates that new responsibilities are being taken on by you. Did you just get a new job or have you been put in a position where you have a bigger work load. It's possible to feel like you are under the microscope now because your job expects more of you. It looks like a new beginning. I like Saturn transits because you always will know where you stand in any situation. Unlike Neptune which can make you wonder which end it up. :)

I've found saturn conj Asc or in first house knocks people's confidence and makes the quite shy. Asc is how we project ourselves and present ourselves to others and first impressions we give other people.

I agree with others that I don't think this is a good placement and of course we need to see the chart and what aspects saturn has, cos obviously if there are nice trines and sextiles the native will fair better...:cool:

to me Saturn is testing what is of 'value' to you and karmically is the Lord of Karma, master teacher, trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to work hard, be responsible and Learn the Lessons, so they don't have to keep being repeated. So it's all about cutting back, doing without things, so not a good time to start new projects, businesses or dreams...

[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
i have saturn conjunct asc natally but saturn is in the twelth house, is it the same interpretation ? saturn trine my moon and it's opposed to venus in pisces

Lady Sol

Banned
Usually Saturn transiting the First house indicates that new responsibilities are being taken on by you. Did you just get a new job or have you been put in a position where you have a bigger work load. :)

I don't have natal Saturn in Virgo. But Saturn's transit has brought me a really huge workload !!!! :sad: Hope things get better by October/November. But then again, I am lucky that I still have my job. So many have been laid off by my company.