Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-26-2014, 12:08 AM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
question on reception in relation to relationship horary

just as an example, say asc is cancer / dsc cap

moon, sig of querent is in libra

saturn, sig of quesited is in scorpio

so by reception can we say that since moon is in the fall in scorpio and saturn is exalted in libra, that querent has more interest/holds quesited in high esteem, whereas quesited has negative feelings towards the querent?

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 10-26-2014, 11:37 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 58,450
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl View Post

just as an example, say asc is cancer / dsc cap

moon, sig of querent is in libra

saturn, sig of quesited is in scorpio

so by reception can we say that since moon is in the fall in scorpio and saturn is exalted in libra, that querent has more interest/holds quesited in high esteem, whereas quesited has negative feelings towards the querent?

A chart illustration of the example
with the time, date and place of the question
would be helpful
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

The Moon in Libra and Saturn in Scorpio don't aspect one another, so there is no reception involved in such a configuration. Reception requires an aspect.

The most we could get is that Saturn would feel generosity towards the Moon since she is in his sign of exaltation, but that isn't likely to manifest in anything but inward feelings and thoughts.
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
The Moon in Libra and Saturn in Scorpio don't aspect one another, so there is no reception involved in such a configuration. Reception requires an aspect.

The most we could get is that Saturn would feel generosity towards the Moon since she is in his sign of exaltation, but that isn't likely to manifest in anything but inward feelings and thoughts.

oh ok. i was reading on this page here and so that is why i asked:


http://starlightknightastrology.com/...ue-receptions/

Negative Reception

On a final note, there is such a thing as negative reception. This is when a planet that signifies a thing is in the detriment or fall of the querent’s significator or vice versa. We’ll take Venus in Taurus as significator and Mars in Aquarius. Mars has negative reception with Venus because she is in one of his signs of detriment, essentially, Venus damages Mars in some way and Mars ends up rejecting her. This can happen the other way around where Venus can reject Mars if he is in her detriment. This is something that isn’t as cut and dry as the receptions rules where you want the queisted receiving the querent. It doesn’t really matter who is rejecting who as there is equal likelihood of both parties being injured or spurned in some way. Having the querent reject the queisted could be positive and show the querent having the upper hand and turning down the queisted, or it could show the queisted injuring the querent in a way that concurs with the rest of the chart.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-26-2014, 03:42 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
A chart illustration of the example
with the time, date and place of the question
would be helpful
its just a hypothetical question.. no chart.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl
oh ok. i was reading on this page here and so that is why i asked:


http://starlightknightastrology.com/...ue-receptions/
Hi, yes, I wrote that a few years ago so it isn't worded quite as well as I would have preferred. I went back about a year ago and rewrote the entire horary technique series, and the updated one on rejection can be found here .

My experience with rejection without an aspect (realizing now I really only responded to half of your question) is much the same was reception without an aspect, it doesn't really materialize in any sort active disregard, but is usually something more along the lines of an internal mistrust or unease about whatever. In your example, the Moon would be feeling this way towards Saturn. It's sort of like a "I don't like the looks of this, but I can't put my finger on why" type of situation.
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com

Last edited by Kaiousei no Senshi; 10-26-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 10-26-2014, 04:47 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Hi, yes, I wrote that a few years ago so it isn't worded quite as well as I would have preferred. I went back about a year ago and rewrote the entire horary technique series, and the updated one on rejection can be found here .

My experience with rejection without an aspect (realizing now I really only responded to half of your question) is much the same was reception without an aspect, it doesn't really materialize in any sort active disregard, but is usually something more along the lines of an internal mistrust or unease about whatever. In your example, the Moon would be feeling this way towards Saturn. It's sort of like a "I don't like the looks of this, but I can't put my finger on why" type of situation.
oh what a coincidence! thanks for the link I will check it out. thanks for clarifying.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 10-26-2014, 04:54 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Hi, yes, I wrote that a few years ago so it isn't worded quite as well as I would have preferred. I went back about a year ago and rewrote the entire horary technique series, and the updated one on rejection can be found here .

My experience with rejection without an aspect (realizing now I really only responded to half of your question) is much the same was reception without an aspect, it doesn't really materialize in any sort active disregard, but is usually something more along the lines of an internal mistrust or unease about whatever. In your example, the Moon would be feeling this way towards Saturn. It's sort of like a "I don't like the looks of this, but I can't put my finger on why" type of situation.
Just read your updated article and it cleared everything up for me, thanks! Since I have you here, I have another question for you. I understand that no aspect between querent and quesited means no relationship, but I was reading somewhere online where they suggested that in the case of relationship questions at least, venus could be considered a cosig of the woman and sun cosig of man. so, if there is no aspect between querent and quesited, but there is an aspect between cosigs, can this be interpreted as an answer? I havent been able to answer this one myself yet.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 10-26-2014, 05:50 PM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl
Just read your updated article and it cleared everything up for me, thanks! Since I have you here, I have another question for you. I understand that no aspect between querent and quesited means no relationship, but I was reading somewhere online where they suggested that in the case of relationship questions at least, venus could be considered a cosig of the woman and sun cosig of man. so, if there is no aspect between querent and quesited, but there is an aspect between cosigs, can this be interpreted as an answer? I havent been able to answer this one myself yet.
Hm, I thought I had written something about this as well but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

In a situation like that, the Sun and Venus are going to be significators of the relationship in a general kind of way. So, by seeing what kind of relationship those two planets have with one another, we get a good metric to measure the health or state of the current relationship. Remember, the Sun and Venus can never be in any aspect other than a conjunction, so their coming together is extremely limited.

Basically, if Venus and the Sun are in the same sign and one is moving towards the other, then the relationship is on the up and up (all signs being equal, but they aren't). If the two planets are moving away from each other, then it's a bad sign the relationship isn't working out. Venus and the Sun in different signs but one is moving towards the other, the couple likely has different foci or expectations of the relationship, but it's not so bad. In different signs and moving away from each other, bad times. Sun separating from Venus (such as when she's starting to slow down for her station) the man is likely the one moving on, but if it's Venus moving away from the Sun then the woman is likely moving on.

This also works with same-sex couples, but it's less easy to identify who is who without really knowing the people involved.
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 10-26-2014, 06:23 PM
milkywaygirl milkywaygirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 468
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiousei no Senshi View Post
Hm, I thought I had written something about this as well but I can't seem to find it. Oh well.

In a situation like that, the Sun and Venus are going to be significators of the relationship in a general kind of way. So, by seeing what kind of relationship those two planets have with one another, we get a good metric to measure the health or state of the current relationship. Remember, the Sun and Venus can never be in any aspect other than a conjunction, so their coming together is extremely limited.

Basically, if Venus and the Sun are in the same sign and one is moving towards the other, then the relationship is on the up and up (all signs being equal, but they aren't). If the two planets are moving away from each other, then it's a bad sign the relationship isn't working out. Venus and the Sun in different signs but one is moving towards the other, the couple likely has different foci or expectations of the relationship, but it's not so bad. In different signs and moving away from each other, bad times. Sun separating from Venus (such as when she's starting to slow down for her station) the man is likely the one moving on, but if it's Venus moving away from the Sun then the woman is likely moving on.

This also works with same-sex couples, but it's less easy to identify who is who without really knowing the people involved.
ok thank you! that makes sense. so back to my original question, say the significators dont make an aspect, the answer to the question would be no (or no action between querent and quesited), but the cosigs just give added underlying detail to the situation - but do not alter the answer. is this assumption correct?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 10-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Kaiousei no Senshi's Avatar
Kaiousei no Senshi Kaiousei no Senshi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richardson, TX, USA
Posts: 2,609
Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: question on reception in relation to relationship horary

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkywaygirl
ok thank you! that makes sense. so back to my original question, say the significators dont make an aspect, the answer to the question would be no (or no action between querent and quesited), but the cosigs just give added underlying detail to the situation - but do not alter the answer. is this assumption correct?
Yeah, that's about right.

There are other ways to see if there will be some type of development in the relationship, but what you've said are the basic highlights and way of it, yes.
__________________
Coming events cast their shadows before them.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaiousei no Senshi For This Useful Post:
milkywaygirl (10-27-2014)
Reply

Tags
horary, question, reception, relation, relationship

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.