Healing the Inner child

waterlilly

I have always considered the Moon the main indicator and representative of the inner child (yep, pretty sure Liz Greene says something like this too!), but yet that's not what i'm asking -- we have houses for work, romance, subconscious, health, and so on -- does it not make sense to have a house also do duty as the house of the inner child? why wouldn't there be one assigned to it? that's what i'm talking about. and the reason i'm asking is that when i looked for the answer online (although not at an actual metaphysics bookstore!), i found nothing about this. this doesn't make sense to me -- it seems to be missing in our consciousness, even while it's part of our understanding of psychology and the subconscious.

i find this gap interesting, and that's why i want everybody's thoughts about this. there are of course the 4th/10th parental influence houses (so to speak -- i've read many claims where some astrologers say the two can be inverted in a chart) meaning what exactly? is there no one house for the child alone, and do they exist at some polarity point aong the 4/10 axis, or, say in the house where their earth is found?

nope. it makes no sense to me that only celestial bodies represent the inner child, in a system with houses that represent just about every single phase of life!
smile.gif
any thoughts?

freedomlover

Well, it depends on which meaning of "inner child" you are referring to. If interpreted psychologically ( as I do), the whole chart shows the issues of the "inner child". When considering childhood parenting issues, I always add the crossbeam of the 1st/7th to the 4th/10th, because it shows how one relates one-on-one with people. This, of course, begins with the parents.

If you are referring to the essence of their true self - their true identity, calling, and who they're meant to be - where they are happy..... Then I would say look at the 5th/11th house axis, Leo and Aquarius ruled houses, the Sun and Uranus. I believe that these factors will point out how one truly "shines" as the individual they were meant to be.

Frisiangal

Hi,
If you are thinking in terms of your own 'inner child' and its emotional experiences, you might like to take a look at where Black Moon Lilith is situated in your chart and the aspects it makes, rather than seeking a particular house that would represent it. I work with the MEAN position of BML, which is also listed for Astro.com charts, and the number of times 'the inner child' has been recognised in its position is becoming the rule rather than the exception. BML seems to represent the natural, innocent and uninhibited first nature instinct that is often ( but not always!) oppressed through conditioning, and denied once puberty sets in and young people long to feel accepted and belong somewhere. If Chiron is linked to BML by aspect, the inner child's 'childhood' can hold painful memories that one would prefer not to admit existed, yet continue to nag and gnaw upon one's consciousness. Bringing these memories to the surface can often induce the healing of not only the inner child but one's self image as well.

F.

F.

waterlilly

Hello.

That's interesting.

Personally, you actually covered quite abit there. I'm going to try this. I sense there are somethings Gnawing at my inner child and waiting to be released. I would love to read more on this topic.

Could you suggest something?

Frisiangal

Hi again,
If you browse...or wade... through the 'Fixed Stars, Asteroids and Other Cosmic Objects' section, you will find a large number of posts concerning the Lilith phenomenon. It may prove more learnsome because it contains REAL life examples rather than theoretical ideas.;)

F.

waterlilly

Hey Frisiangal!

I've just had a look to find out my placement.
it's under that section.

Do you have a BASIC book recomendation. Maybe I should start with the Mythology of astrology? I',ll google this also.

:)

A lot of the pain today in people's lives have a lot to do with the wounded child within. I think we can spend a lifetime healing the inner child. Even today, I am 28 years old and still have lingering issues from childhood. And old damaging messages leftover in my head. It's a daily battle to grow beyond the old beliefs about myself from my early days.

Astrologically I did read something on this but it was more a personal reading on my own chart. I have the ruler of my 8th in my 4th house, and because the 8th house relates to death and the 4th house is the house of endings, I need a re-rooting to ensure that psychological growth takes place. A "reincarnation" in a sense by bringing the "inner child" home and merging it with the adult human being. And that life can bring me a lot of challenges, in order for me to focus on my personal growth concerning my roots/family.

It was a very interesting interpretation, nothing I have read before. I have Neptune in the 4th house which squares my Moon/Mercury in Pisces. And in some sense I have never fully left childhood and become an independent individual in my own right. I wasn't allowed to express myself as a child, I kind of become an extension of my mother.

I am not as close to my mum as I used to be, I had to separate for a while to operate by myself, and not have to look to her for validation for the choices I make in my own life. But overall we all have old childhood wounds for one reason or another, a lot of the self-awareness we gain from Astrology is about those earlier messages and childhood scenarios.

waterlilly

Hi shiny

I haven't ben on for a while but i hvae been thinking about you posts and advice lately.

I'm sorry to read that you too did not have a great relationship with your mother. kisses and huggs:eek:

in addition, I was watching something on the box and had thought about someting else too.my weight , relationship to food and the relationship with my mother.

I have had problems with women all my life. either trying to manipulate me control or do me over this scenario has played itself out throuigh out my life especially scorpio women ( Mother). some people are lucky enough to come across a surrogate mother of some sort. I really had to rely on my own ability to mother myself. However,i have come to realise that my mother actually admires my ability to mother my own children. and is always telling me what a good job i have done. it's nice to hear but, i'd like to experience it myself one day.

it's got to the point that i have cut off everyone i know and, i'm waiting for a new batch to come in...if they will i don't know

I'm in the internet cafe so i don't have long. what has made you this reflective today? are you ok?

I'll catch up again soon

Hi Waterlilly,

I wondered where you had got to. I have been in a very reflective mood over the last couple of weeks. Just wanting to do some more psychological clearing. I have Saturn transiting through the 12th and it will be entering my 1st soon plus I am feeling my Saturn return coming. I have been focusing on how I have been expressing myself and why. Which leads back to your healing the inner child post. My relationship with my mother was not a bad one. We were probably too close and had too much in common. When I had a psychology astrology reading it actually brought something up about my mother which I had forgotten about. My mother was intelligent although she would never believe it. But she enjoyed writing creative stories and had a dream about a story that she wanted to write, she spent months writing it and even bought a type writer to write it all up. But it just never got completed and was put away in the cupboard somewhere. I will get to the point of this little story now :p .

All I have really remembered about her growing up is her victim role playing, her tantrums and so on. I forgot how creative she was, she is very tuned in to the psychic world and she is the only one similar to me who has unusual interests, and believes in more than what can be seen with our human eyes. I loved that quality about her. But I did feel sad when I read my Astrology report and it said she might feel frustrated not being able to use her mind in a creative way. And that I may suffer the same fate, since I have inherited the same qualities. It kind of opened my eyes to the way my mum used to be, she would get frustrated with her life, and in expressing herself creatively, and I think that is why she got over critical towards me. I was too alike to her in too many ways, and she was often trying to push me out into the world to suceed, it's just that she did it in a very critical way and my sensitive side got really hurt by it. And as a mother myself, I am learning how frustrating it can be to have your own interests and achieve your own dreams, just how my mother must have felt while we were growing up. Just being overly reflective again.:D

I glad your gaining a good understanding of your mother, and hopefully your relationship with her will heal. I bet you are a great mother :) . Sometimes we put too many high expectations on ourselves as mothers, and even high expectations on our own mother's. We are all only human and all have our flaws. And some of us don't get the best nurturing as a child, but as in your case it has made you stronger person for it. As you learned to mother yourself. Mothers hey can't live with them, can't live without them. :D

Catch up with you soon Waterlilly :39: Big hug. :)

Last edited: