Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 07-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Well this has been quite a learning experience. Something happened just a few minutes ago, which I might otherwise have paid much attention to, but I began to realize it is a reflex. It's a running theme throughout life.

Here's what happened: I was studying something about midheaven and oriental planets. I came upon a sentence in which the writer wrote something clearly debatable as though it was an assumed truth. I saw flashes of red. Reacted. Wanted to shout, "hey! Time out! I'm not sure I agree... if the rest of what you're saying depends on whether this you say is an inarguable truth, then we should not go any further until we sort this all out, which could take awhile, so we better order plenty of beers and chips."

Then I started thinking about it, this reaction, and it's pretty much a no-fail way to arouse what are normally rather passive passions.

The problem is not whether the statement presented as fact rather than possibility-to-chew-on is in fact correct or otherwise. It could very well be. After a nice long season of casually thinking on it, I might end up in agreement. What makes it ever more aggravating is the inability to directly ask the speaker to pause so I can at least raise a voice that may not necessarily agree with what is spoken of as a truth.

Just curious who/what/ planet/sign is involved here. Uranus? Mercury? Libra? Virgo? Combination? Well it's reactive... so... something Fixed, in comfortable recline... when without warning, a firecracker explodes... Reaction.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 07-19-2009, 03:02 AM
gimzo23's Avatar
gimzo23 gimzo23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 246
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Struck, I'm no pro, but my first thoughts were something connected with Uranus and a personal planet or point possibly, or maybe something with Mars. I searched for your chart and found it in another thread of yours and for what you described I would tend to think that Scorpio stellium there in the 11th with Mars/Mercury/Moon (and Neptune), looks quite likely for a quick-temperatured emotional reaction like the one you described to me. With that stellium in a fixed sign like Scorpio, you might not be as easily convicted anyway and possibly like to validate certain things for yourself before you accept them as ok for yourself? Without looking at the house position or other aspects and planets, I would guess you're quite a deep emotional and willful thinker and person with occasional emotional outbursts deriving from that stellium there? (Take this with a grain of salt though, as I'm still in the beginner state of analyzing charts myself) You were actually surprised by your own reaction there, if I got you right? So you never experienced such reactions before then?

Last edited by gimzo23; 07-19-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 07-19-2009, 03:39 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,852
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Put your chart up on this thread, and you'll get plenty of suggestions.

Sounds to me like either a Uranus/Mars connection - square, conj or opposition - or some Scorpio overload.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 07-19-2009, 03:52 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimzo23 View Post
Struck, I'm no pro, but my first thoughts were something connected with Uranus and a personal planet or point possibly, or maybe something with Mars. I searched for your chart and found it in another thread of yours and for what you described I would tend to think that Scorpio stellium there in the 11th with Mars/Mercury/Moon (and Neptune), looks quite likely for a quick-temperatured emotional reaction like the one you described to me. With that stellium in a fixed sign like Scorpio, you might not be as easily convicted anyway and possibly like to validate certain things for yourself before you accept them as ok for yourself? Without looking at the house position or other aspects and planets, I would guess you're quite a deep emotional and willful thinker and person with occasional emotional outbursts deriving from that stellium there? (Take this with a grain of salt though, as I'm still in the beginner state of analyzing charts myself) You were actually surprised by your own reaction there, if I got you right? So you never experienced such reactions before then?
Oh they've been experienced and I was not surprised, but, I'd never really noticed, if that makes sense. And then I recall that it happens, maybe not so frequent, but it's a reaction easily set off by a few triggers, like when someone writing or speaking as an authority on any given topic throws out an absolute-sounding statement, as if no one would dare think to stop the proceedings and examine the statement. It's usually something that someone has written or something someone says on television, so you can't really do anything about it, which is really the aggravating part.

See, in your reply, there's a lot of 'looks like' and 'guess' and stuff like that. I can handle that. It leaves room for head-nodding, wondering, considering possibilities. A lot of these descriptions around the internet that use the "you are like this and you wear these kind of clothes and you have such and such kind of face and walk like such and such..." they kind of put me off. That's when I take another glance back at skepticism, or at least think it would be better to nail down the basic ideas behind the planets and signs and build more personal meanings. I do understand that some of them are written more for entertainment purposes, which is fine, and as far as their right to free speech, that's something I certainly defend. I guess it comes down to all of us finding the best ways and resources that fit best.

It's not just astrology sites. It's widespread. Politicians do it, door-to-door missionaries and salesmen and telemarketers do it... the commonality would be someone trying to get someone else to accept something, sell something, believe something, and in order to do it they have to get you to agree with some premise. Some are honest and upfront and sincere, and others a bit more sneaky.

You're a guitar player?
__________________

Last edited by Struck; 07-19-2009 at 04:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:01 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Put your chart up on this thread, and you'll get plenty of suggestions.

Sounds to me like either a Uranus/Mars connection - square, conj or opposition - or some Scorpio overload.
That's probably it.
Just learned a little about mutual reception too... mercury in Scorpio/Pluto in Virgo. Would that fall under the definition of mutual reception?

Got a couple charts laying around here somewhere. Could go find the links...

See, I read all this info but have trouble getting a clear picture what's going on. Then something significant jumps out like what I described, and go, "okay! What's that? Ahh, so that's scorpio?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:25 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,852
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struck View Post
That's probably it.
Just learned a little about mutual reception too... mercury in Scorpio/Pluto in Virgo. Would that fall under the definition of mutual reception?

Got a couple charts laying around here somewhere. Could go find the links...

See, I read all this info but have trouble getting a clear picture what's going on. Then something significant jumps out like what I described, and go, "okay! What's that? Ahh, so that's scorpio?"
Mmmm - not sure. I'm a bit of an if & maybe kind of person.

I just had a thought. Perhaps you can try PM-ing EJ53 with your chart attached. He's a Scorpio - Sun, Mercury, south node & Chiron - and he's very precise in his thought-processes and his conclusions. He perceives things no-one else is even aware of, and he has the ability to crash a thread like no-one else - just because his mind takes him places the rest of us seem unable to go. He may be able to help you.

PS: That mutual reception of Merc & Pluto may just be at the source of this. There's a preciseness about that; Mercury in Scorpio is usually very accurate & concise, drawing attention to detail - the ins & outs of everything - but is also quite harsh in its judgements.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen

Last edited by R4VEN; 07-19-2009 at 04:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:35 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Lightbulb Something like...

John Belushi in Animal House. The Toga party. He's walking down the stairs. A guy's strumming a guitar and singing about giving his love a cherry that had no stone. Belushi stops, listens, gets that look on his face, and suddenly jerks the guitar out of the guy's hands, and smashes it. Then he calms down, hands the busted up guitar back to the guy, says sheepishly, "sorry."

Is that Mars?

Oh, the chart link:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...4&d=1246248151
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:41 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,852
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Thanx for the visual of your chart.

Without going into any ins & outs and whatevers, I'd say that stellium in Scorpio of personal planets is quite unforgiving - to say he least!!!! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of any of your outbursts.

And the 11th house placement is ideas/intellect.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 07-19-2009, 05:26 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Thanx for the visual of your chart.

Without going into any ins & outs and whatevers, I'd say that stellium in Scorpio of personal planets is quite unforgiving - to say he least!!!! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of any of your outbursts.

And the 11th house placement is ideas/intellect.
I appreciate your input. Beginning to get a better grasp on some of the meanings and how they might fit and apply, recognizing them when they're doing their things.

Actually I'm rather easy-going. At least that's what I've always assumed, and have always been puzzled at why sometimes people have tended to keep a little distance.

And I wouldn't smash anyone's guitar. I like guitars and guitar players.

BUT... there are other sorts of situations where the urge to get involved (not violently, just emotionally/verbally) would be very strong.

Maybe Libra Sun's preference to keep the peace sort of minimizes actual outward outbursts?

*Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny: "Are you sure about that five minutes?!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 07-19-2009, 06:08 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,852
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struck View Post
I appreciate your input. Beginning to get a better grasp on some of the meanings and how they might fit and apply, recognizing them when they're doing their things.

Actually I'm rather easy-going. At least that's what I've always assumed, and have always been puzzled at why sometimes people have tended to keep a little distance.

And I wouldn't smash anyone's guitar. I like guitars and guitar players.

BUT... there are other sorts of situations where the urge to get involved (not violently, just emotionally/verbally) would be very strong.

Maybe Libra Sun's preference to keep the peace sort of minimizes actual outward outbursts?


*Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny: "Are you sure about that five minutes?!"
You know, I hate to say this, but Libra Sun tends to be quite obsessive (when there is significant Scorpio in rest of the chart) about the details, and about putting things right which are not right!!!

One of my sons has Libra sun (conj Pluto, giving that intensity and obsessiveness) and Scorpio ASC. When he decides something is right/not right he can be so scary......... that I pretty much leave the room!!!! He keeps saying, "But I was just expressing how I see things." To which I reply, "But do you have to express yourself like that?" - eyes flashing, and with such-precise-speech.
He has absolutely no idea of the effect he has on others when he is in the process of "Putting The World Right"!
My son claims that there is a dark side to Libra sun which most Librans are not game to explore. He says that it is about manipulation and control and being underhand and working behind the scenes - which is also why Librans make such effective lawyers. He reckons that all Librans have to make a decision about whether they use their Libran qualities to control others or not.

I also know some Librans who have quite significant anger problems, probably as a result of holding in their true feelings and opinions.

The sentence from your post above which I have emboldened and underlined pretty much says it all! Others are showing you something by their responses to you. [As I have said to my son many times, "The world will not tip off its axis if you don't keep a check on things."]

And lastly, this response you have to imprecise statements is at its core a choice. Either you keep doing what you're doing, and your responses will tend to escalate, so that you end up writing letters to the editors of newspapers about imprecise statements by journalists - OR - you can make a decision to let go of the need to make things right, perhaps by getting enraged at sweeping statements. People will keep doing this regardless of how you react, and what is more, they will keep doing it long after you are gone from this earth. Are you going to let this reaction of yours control you - or not?

One last thing..................
I suspect your reactions to statements people make has its origins in some things which were said to you when you were young - perhaps by your mother (Moon conj Merc in Scorpio points me in this direction). Perhaps some things were said to you as statements of fact, when they were not ever true at all. Adult anger is almost always seeded somewhere in childhood.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:33 PM
gimzo23's Avatar
gimzo23 gimzo23 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 246
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struck View Post
Oh they've been experienced and I was not surprised, but, I'd never really noticed, if that makes sense. And then I recall that it happens, maybe not so frequent, but it's a reaction easily set off by a few triggers, like when someone writing or speaking as an authority on any given topic throws out an absolute-sounding statement, as if no one would dare think to stop the proceedings and examine the statement. It's usually something that someone has written or something someone says on television, so you can't really do anything about it, which is really the aggravating part.

See, in your reply, there's a lot of 'looks like' and 'guess' and stuff like that. I can handle that. It leaves room for head-nodding, wondering, considering possibilities. A lot of these descriptions around the internet that use the "you are like this and you wear these kind of clothes and you have such and such kind of face and walk like such and such..." they kind of put me off. That's when I take another glance back at skepticism, or at least think it would be better to nail down the basic ideas behind the planets and signs and build more personal meanings. I do understand that some of them are written more for entertainment purposes, which is fine, and as far as their right to free speech, that's something I certainly defend. I guess it comes down to all of us finding the best ways and resources that fit best.

It's not just astrology sites. It's widespread. Politicians do it, door-to-door missionaries and salesmen and telemarketers do it... the commonality would be someone trying to get someone else to accept something, sell something, believe something, and in order to do it they have to get you to agree with some premise. Some are honest and upfront and sincere, and others a bit more sneaky.

You're a guitar player?
Struck, yeah I would be suspicious, too, if it were a professional astrologer using too many "open-keeping" and guessing words in chart readings. I didn't use these words to keep myself some kind of backdoor open or for that I can't be nailed down for something I say, or anything like that you seem to think or imply there. I used these words, because I don't want to give definitive statements about things I'm not 100% sure about yet, or about something like chart readings that I'm not able to analyze to the fullest yet. I'm actually learning like many other people on this forum here, too, and that's why, for the very few times that I dare openly writing about something on someone else's chart here, I usually mention it several times that I'm a beginner myself and to take my post with a grain of salt. Better than half-knowing people arrogantly insisting on knowing better and selling their ultimate truth, don't you think? I thought it would be self-explinatory as to why I used these words a couple of times there because of me having made myself clear that I'm a beginner as well.

It looks like I possibly have been on the right track with the involvement of the Scorpio stellium there though? So that would be nice to see.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Well R4VEN, you offer a lot to think on. Funny you mentioned your son, and that you bolded that he can be scary. I've been told that on occasion. "So and so says you're scary..." Or I look like a mean person. Or just plain odd or weird. And without me really doing anything. Just existing.

Which again brings up the ascendant question. I'm supposed to be Sagittarius. The ascendant is supposedly the outer impression you give to others (which I kinda take issue with, because this assumes everyone wears a mask in every public moment throughout their lives). So then I go and search for Sagittarius Ascendant interpretations, and about half of what I find I shake my head and frown, because they sure ain't describing me, at least what people have indicated to me their impressions are.

This caused off and on frustrations for over a year. How do I know I'm working with an authentic birth time? Maybe the town was using Daylight Savings then. The free chart sites always say not to worry about that because it's taken care of. But what if they missed a few? If I backed up the time one hour then it's Scorpio Asc. I'd check those interpretations out: somewhat more but not completely accurate. What's going on here? They're both about half accurate. And then... I studied more on the aspects. Noticed a square involving none other than Pluto & Asc. Couldn't help but suppose that explained a lot of the confusion.

I also studied about the decans. See, there's a similar 50-50 quandary whenever I do internet searches on Libra Sun. The stuff about balance and harmony and seeing all sides... yeah, nod, that's about right (I do have the dimples). But then they into the socializing and flirty parts, and that's when I'm frowning... Hm, maybe a little, not really... And then I discovered decans. Found out I was in the Aquarius decan. Ah. I can't help but wonder if that means something, shifts things a bit. And then I can't help but wonder if your son's libra is also in the Aquarius decan... ? If so, then I think I can really understand your son's predicament.

Now, if Libra is about exploring every possible angle to any given thing, there might be an attraction to keeping as many options open as possible. And pangs of acute discomfort could happen if any of those options are suddenly closed to further exploration. Maybe that's not Libra. Or Libra and something else? Don't know.

It might have something to do with preferring the journey or the arrival. The question or the answer. Asking a question but maybe not really wanting a rapidly returned answer. There's exceptions of course. There's nagging questions that hinder the journey: car breaking down in a bad part of town while on a long, scenic trip to the beach. In this case the preference would be a solution that didn't spend too much time on theory. And when I came upon the concept of the Singleton, I noticed my Uranus was the only planet in a fire sign, but also the north node was in the same sign. I spent well over 1 year (off and on) trying to figure out whether my uranus was a singleton, if nodes were counted. I joined this forum. Finally got fed up with that particular question. Asked. Got the answer.

So exceptions certainly abound. And context should always be considered. Ah... now I got lost. Shall regather thoughts and return.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimzo23 View Post
Struck, yeah I would be suspicious, too, if it were a professional astrologer using too many "open-keeping" and guessing words in chart readings. I didn't use these words to keep myself some kind of backdoor open or for that I can't be nailed down for something I say, or anything like that you seem to think or imply there. I used these words, because I don't want to give definitive statements about things I'm not 100% sure about yet, or about something like chart readings that I'm not able to analyze to the fullest yet. I'm actually learning like many other people on this forum here, too, and that's why, for the very few times that I dare openly writing about something on someone else's chart here, I usually mention it several times that I'm a beginner myself and to take my post with a grain of salt. Better than half-knowing people arrogantly insisting on knowing better and selling their ultimate truth, don't you think? I thought it would be self-explinatory as to why I used these words a couple of times there because of me having made myself clear that I'm a beginner as well.

It looks like I possibly have been on the right track with the involvement of the Scorpio stellium there though? So that would be nice to see.
Ah! I think you did nail it. The greater the authority or responsibility, the closer the scrutiny, higher standards, greater expectations, which, if vandalized, tempts cynicism.


Example:

All Irish people are drunkards.

Now, if it's a sudden blurt while some neighbors are sitting on the front porch, gabbing, joking, etc... someone says George got drunk last night. Someone else replies, well George is Irish, and we all know that Irish people are all drunkards...

Of course that's an easy statement to debate. And it's on local, small-scale level, and if you backed the speakers into a corner and asked them if they really believed that all irish people are drunkards, they'd probably say of course not, it's just an expression, a stereotype, something to gab about. Relatively harmless.

A person rises to prominent leadership position on a national scale. Makes an announcement. Says that since everybody knows that all Irish people are drunkards, new laws are being enacted that make it illegal for Irish people to purchase or possess alcoholic beverages, nor will they be allowed to drive cars anymore...

Now we have a problem.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 07-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

And Gizmo, I think you're on to something with the stellium. I went and studied the Scorpio Mars. My head nodded far more with that one than the Sag Asc & Libra Sun. They talked about the aries mars vs scorpio mars. How that if something upsets an aries mars they'll tend to fling it out there and it's over with, while the scorpio mars feels the same reactions but directs them inwards. So they may appear outwardly calm and composed but inside things are pretty hot.

Studied a little on Scorpio Mercury too. More head nods. Scorpio Moon? Still a bit fuzzy on that one. Neptune? Could that tend to fog up the perceptions? So mercury and mars sometimes misread intents?

Thanks again for the inputs... when I gain better understanding I hope to repay the generosity to others.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struck
..........A person rises to prominent leadership position on a national scale. Makes an announcement. Says that since everybody knows that all Irish people are drunkards, new laws are being enacted that make it illegal for Irish people to purchase or possess alcoholic beverages, nor will they be allowed to drive cars anymore.....Now we have a problem.
And it's a major problem, Struck.........If we have an anaretic degree Uranus in Leo/9th ("I believe knowledge is power").......opposite Chiron in Pisces/3rd (communication is a vehicle of injustice).......and qcx Saturn/Jupiter in Capricorn/2nd (Can the values of the Authorities be trusted?).

Chiron has taught you how words can be used to mislead the masses; Saturn/Jupiter has taught you to question the motives of those in power and Uranus is the planet of truth in the sign of leadership and house of higher knowledge.........(But of course, I'm guessing rather than making a statement here.)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 07-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53 View Post
And it's a major problem, Struck.........If we have an anaretic degree Uranus in Leo/9th ("I believe knowledge is power").......opposite Chiron in Pisces/3rd (communication is a vehicle of injustice).......and qcx Saturn/Jupiter in Capricorn/2nd (Can the values of the Authorities be trusted?).

Chiron has taught you how words can be used to mislead the masses; Saturn/Jupiter has taught you to question the motives of those in power and Uranus is the planet of truth in the sign of leadership and house of higher knowledge.........(But of course, I'm guessing rather than making a statement here.) ha ha...
Ah, your name was mentioned yesterday.

uh, what's anaretic, please?

Chiron. it's something that I tend to overlook but tends to crop up. Walter Pullen says it is very prominent in "this person's psyche!"

Like your unique take on the 2nd house too. A fresh view. And uranus: another oft overlooked...

Much thanks.

Plenty to mull now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
One More

Okay, make that two. Couple minor details that have bugged and might as well get them out of the way.

1) I read about chart shapes. From what I understand I'm thinking this one is a bowl. But that Sat/Jup partly separated... does that make it a bucket? So: bowl or bucket or... ?

2) In the aspect graphic it shows a square with Mars and Jupiter. It doesn't indicate anything between Mars and Saturn or any of the other stellium planets and Jupiter (a couple with Saturn). If Jupiter and Saturn are conjunct and Mars squares Jupiter, does that mean Mars also squares Saturn even though the little square-thingy doesn't appear on the graphic? And the other stellium planets would square Jupiter, even though it only shows the square between Mars and Jupiter?

That should do it for now.
Thanks again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 07-20-2009, 12:20 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

This is a topic I can definately relate to. I have been known to argue with books, newpapers, t.v.s, radios and so on. It hasn't ever got physical. I have yet to give a book a good thrashing by throwing it across the room .

Some of the chief culpits in my chart are moon/n. node in libra in 2nd house opposing mars/venus in aries in the 8th house. Mercury in taurus in 9th forming a t-square with uranus in scorpio in 3rd and saturn in leo in 12th. I think my chart and tendencies validates, to an extent, what has been said so far in this thread.

When I was younger (still do to some extent), I had a bad case of setting things right- of the type that R4VEN was descibing. By the way,that was a very insightful post R4VEN. I think it's only been in the past 2-4 years that I've come to acknowledge that the world won't end if I don't set wrongs right, and that I'm probally not really making a change by 'setting people right'. That being said, it's almost an instinctual quality that I have, so I have to consciouslly override the urge to speak up.

There have been many times my 'crusading' qualities have given me the courage to put myself in the line of fire in the face of injustice. It's a great trait to have when courage is needed but an annoying trait to have for the day to day grind. I don't really need to get so intense about little things. Do I really need to build a strategy to deal with the receptionist at the gym who harasses me about having lost my gym card every time I check in at the gym. My little brain gets to churning over how I didn't have a card for 3 months due to a mistake on the gym's part and how I didn't harasses them about it, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, they are harassing me (my moon in libra, starts stomping her foot, saying that is unfair)...See what I mean not a good trait for daily living. The challenge is knowing how to choose my battles. Ok, I'm getting off of my tangent now. Thank you for starting this thread Struck. It's an interesting topic.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 07-20-2009, 02:56 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Hi lilllybelle.

I think what we're talking about here would be related to the old "4 out of 5" use/do/believe/buy/endorse whatever, so of course you should too. I can't help but wonder if that 1 odd one maybe had a better idea that just didn't catch on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Unread 07-20-2009, 03:30 AM
lilllybelle's Avatar
lilllybelle lilllybelle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

I understand what you're talking about. I have a tendency to question a lot of what I am told also. This can make me contrary at times. I'm actively working on keeping my contrary ideas to myself so I don't rock the boat over things that don't probally matter in the long run. I take very little to be a fact and I question most everything.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 07-20-2009, 03:31 AM
EJ53 EJ53 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,512
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struck
......what's anaretic, please?
It's the last/29th degree of each zodiac sign..........You can find out more about it at http://karma.astrology.com/anaretic.html

Quote:
...Chiron.....Walter Pullen says it is very prominent in "this person's psyche!"
Who is Walter Pullen and "this person"?.......Do you think Chiron is very prominent in your psyche?

Quote:
.....uranus: another oft overlooked...
It's widely conjunct Pluto, which is exactly square Asc........So, it's not overlooked by others :-
I've been told that on occasion. "So and so says you're scary..." Or I look like a mean person. Or just plain odd or weird. And without me really doing anything. Just existing.

Either you take conscious control of your Uranus/Pluto behaviour, or continue overlooking the subconscious influence of these two planets.......("Lead or be led" might even be the anaretic degree lesson of Uranus in Leo/9th)


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53 View Post
It's the last/29th degree of each zodiac sign..........You can find out more about it at http://karma.astrology.com/anaretic.html
Ahhh... skimmed it. Pretty darn interesting. Funny how Uranus keeps popping up. It also happens to be the only planet in a fire sign, and if I identify it correctly as a bowl, then according to bob marks, this Uranus would be the 'cutting planet' and he says it carries some definite significance. Forget the exact words... so an anaretic singleton cutting planet would be something to take a closer look at huh? And if the N. Node was close by...


Quote:
Who is Walter Pullen and "this person"?.......Do you think Chiron is very prominent in your psyche?
It's one of the systems you can play around with at Astro.com. It ranks the planets and signs... all automated of course, and it comes up slightly different but much the same with different house systems. Don't know how the rankings are determined.

Haven't really studied Chiron much, so I can't say I have a great grasp of its meaning.



Quote:
It's widely conjunct Pluto, which is exactly square Asc........So, it's not overlooked by others :-
I've been told that on occasion. "So and so says you're scary..." Or I look like a mean person. Or just plain odd or weird. And without me really doing anything. Just existing.

Either you take conscious control of your Uranus/Pluto behaviour, or continue overlooking the subconscious influence of these two planets.......("Lead or be led" might even be the anaretic degree lesson of Uranus in Leo/9th)
It might be good to specify that these are not like, you know, mass exoduses when I appear somewhere. Mostly occasional moments. But poignant moments that always leave me baffled, because I apparently exuded something that wasn't consciously intended.

"They think you're on drugs."
That's another one. Heard that a lot too. Which can be a fun ice-breaker in the right times and places but if you're in the military...and they think you're on drugs... there can be problems.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 07-20-2009, 04:49 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,852
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ53 View Post
Either you take conscious control of your Uranus/Pluto behaviour, or continue overlooking the subconscious influence of these two planets.......("Lead or be led" might even be the anaretic degree lesson of Uranus in Leo/9th)

Well said, EJ. Could not have said it better myself.

And lillybelle's input re her Mars-Moon opposition made me think of my best friend who, with this same placement, is always fighting battles which would die a natural death were she not there to keep them alive and kicking!!!!!

So, Struck - just to give you another thing to read........ try this link - it is in relation to your Moon-Mars conjunction -

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...junct-mars.php

Your Moon, Mars & Mercury are all personal planets and all in Scorpio, which is really intense even on a quiet day. You need to accept the power of this, and most of all, take responsibility for it. Think of this as being given a 750cc motorcycle for your 16th birthday (and I know that you are well beyond 16 - this is just an allegory). Do you put it in the garage until you are old enough to handle it, drive it up and down the driveway, or take it out on the road, open it up, and see what happens? The choice is yours.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Unread 07-20-2009, 05:30 AM
iwonder's Avatar
iwonder iwonder is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 377
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Hi Struck,

So if I understood it right, you get upset when someone with authority of some sort makes a statement and expects you to buy it without even asking if you agree or giving you a chance to disagree.

Here are some thougts.

The first thing I saw when I looked at your chart was active 9th house, 11th house stellium, Sagittarius asc that all speak in favor of your love for intellectual independence, forming your own opinions and philosophies. Uranus in the last degree of Leo in your 9th house adds even more unconvensional/independent flavor to your opinions or the way you form them. And it also happens to be the ruler of your 3rd - the way you communicate.

Pluto in the 9th, squaring your Asc urges you to test the environment and makes you less trusting and not as cheerful and enthusiastic as a Sag asc may be presented in descriptions. It also shows that there may be some tension in how you present yourself or react to outside stimuli. So breaking guitar one day and overcompensating it by being nice the second could very well fit under this sqaure.

11th house is about universal truth for all and equality. 9th house is about justice. Libra Sun is again about fairness and justice. Combined with Scorpio stellium with Mercury, Mars and Moon involved - no wonder your reaction to injustice is strong.

I am not repeating what EJ said, I am only looking at the same chart And, of course, these are only some points.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Unread 07-20-2009, 05:33 AM
Struck Struck is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 95
Re: Digging, digging, learning... got one simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Well said, EJ. Could not have said it better myself.

And lillybelle's input re her Mars-Moon opposition made me think of my best friend who, with this same placement, is always fighting battles which would die a natural death were she not there to keep them alive and kicking!!!!!

So, Struck - just to give you another thing to read........ try this link - it is in relation to your Moon-Mars conjunction -

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...junct-mars.php

Your Moon, Mars & Mercury are all personal planets and all in Scorpio, which is really intense even on a quiet day. You need to accept the power of this, and most of all, take responsibility for it. Think of this as being given a 750cc motorcycle for your 16th birthday (and I know that you are well beyond 16 - this is just an allegory). Do you put it in the garage until you are old enough to handle it, drive it up and down the driveway, or take it out on the road, open it up, and see what happens? The choice is yours.
Read it.
Uhhh, seems a bit,
uhhh...
dark.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
digging, learning, question, simple

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A great resource on Horary Astrology Radu Horary Astrology 13 12-15-2018 05:37 PM
okay I'm new to horary piscesascendant Horary Astrology 30 03-24-2011 08:51 AM
A calling question, and MR. barbh Horary Questions on Relational Issues 35 05-16-2008 07:18 AM
Horrary Question astrofonder Horary Astrology 26 03-12-2007 06:36 AM
Will I get the job? Will it worth it? MidnightDevil Career-related Horary Questions 30 03-07-2006 11:47 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.