Synastry- Venus conjunct Mars between family members?

Too much Aquarius

I won't post the chart between the family members for privacy reasons.

This issue has caused huge problems in my family to the point where certain members won't see each other now.
Anyway it involves a grandfather and granddaughter. The main issue is obsession on the grandfathers side.

The grandfather has a t square involving a mars in Scorpio squaring Venus/Pluto in Leo squaring moon in Taurus.
From this t square alone you can imagine the sort if person he can be!!

In the synastry chart

Her Venus conjuncts his mars in Scorpio
Her Venus squares his Venus/ Pluto
His moon opposes her venus
Both jupiters conjunct both Venus'
Both suns conjunct both mars
Mercury conjunct mercury
Lastly his Venus trines her Pluto.

So what do you guys think?
I only looked at this chart of my family members recently and I'm not sure what to think?
I can't find any info on aspects like this between family members

Last edited:

flea

The disfunction in the relationship seems to be reflected in some difficult astrology. Power is a difficult issue between the generations....

I am guessing from what you say that the granddaughter is a Sun in Scorpio? Scorpios are the most family-friendly sign, much more loyal than either Cancer or Capricorn and usually devoted to the older generation, so for a Scorpio to not want to be around her grandfather is serious. I have only noticed a couple of cases where Scorpio hated parents and both times the young Scorpio was badly damaged.

It is a tough sign, try reading the autobiography of Cathy Wilson, born 15th November 1969, who was brought up by a single heroin addict mother until the mother died when she was eight. She still adored her mother, and grandparents, in spite of mostly being cold, badly fed, alone, moved around homewise and not protected from being abused by men. As an adult she was successful and a good mother and said she was never depressed.

So to turn a Scorpio against them a parent or grandparent has to really intend to hurt them, they will forgive just about anything else.

It is even more sad if the young Scorpio granddaughter is prevented from seeing other family members who she might be missing terribly, just because it makes her ill to see her grandfather.

It is difficult without seeing the charts, I am wondering how close those orbs are? If the orbs are really tight, under one degree, I don't like squares/oppositions/conjunctions of the Moon to Venus, or Moon to Mars. That is *only* my opinion, which you are free to test out for yourself and accept or reject.

Last edited:

Too much Aquarius

Thanks Flea and Silverfish for your comments.

Interesting comments about Scorpio there Silverfish.
I never realized how family orientated they were.
She doesn't seem him anymore at the parents request because it caused problems because he wanted to see her all the time and it all came across a bit wrong.
Anyway the Venus conjunct mars is 2 degrees s. I'll try and post a modified chart.
Also I have to ask about your views about the Venus/ moon aspects? Is just that I have the conjunction as a double wammy with my new partner, I thought it was a positive aspect? Let me know, thanks!

Thanks Flea and Silverfish for your comments.

Interesting comments about Scorpio there Silverfish.
I never realized how family orientated they were.
She doesn't seem him anymore at the parents request because it caused problems because he wanted to see her all the time and it all came across a bit wrong.
Anyway the Venus conjunct mars is 2 degrees s. I'll try and post a modified chart.
Also I have to ask about your views about the Venus/ moon aspects? Is just that I have the conjunction as a double wammy with my new partner, I thought it was a positive aspect? Let me know, thanks!

I only use aspects that are under one degree orb for that particular observation about Moon Mars and Moon Veus hard aspects. No twelve degree out of sign "squares" and no semi sextiles. Also my observation wasn't about interaspects between people's charts, it was about aspects in a natal chart.

So if a natal chart has a square between the Moon and Venus that is one degree or under in orb, that would raise my attention. Bear in mind that even then, such aspects of Venus or Mars are common in celebrities' charts and then usually aspect the chart angles, and there are other qualifiers too.

I would also look at the chart as a whole. Somebody might have a Moon Mars conjunction and the rest of the chart be very sweet, and they might have a boiling temper that they keep well under control so nobody ever sees it, or even use that special Mars to excell at competitive sport. But a lot of psychopathic aspects in a natal chart would throw up a few question marks for me, thats all. Again, if the orb is two degrees or more, forget it.

As for your original question, it sounds as though the granddaughter is a child and the decision isn't hers, so I don't know. I just noticed that you implied that her Pluto is in Sag, so she is still a child.

Last edited:
I only use aspects that are under one degree orb for that particular observation about Moon Mars and Moon Veus hard aspects. No twelve degree out of sign "squares" and no semi sextiles. Also my observation wasn't about interaspects between people's charts, it was about aspects in a natal chart.

So if a natal chart has a square between the Moon and Venus that is one degree or under in orb, that would raise my attention. Bear in mind that even then, such aspects of Venus or Mars are common in celebrities' charts and then usually aspect the chart angles, and there are other qualifiers too.

I would also look at the chart as a whole. Somebody might have a Moon Mars conjunction and the rest of the chart be very sweet, and they might have a boiling temper that they keep well under control so nobody ever sees it, or even use that special Mars to excell at competitive sport. But a lot of psychopathic aspects in a natal chart would throw up a few question marks for me, thats all. Again, if the orb is two degrees or more, forget it.

As for your original question, it sounds as though the granddaughter is a child and the decision isn't hers, so I don't know.

In synastry, our Venus being aspected by elements in somebody else's chart is the most likely attractant, and it is the elements that can create psychopathic traits when linked to personal planets in a natal chart that can most attract when linked to another person's personal planets, such as Venus.