how do you approach synastry, generally?

Baat

apologies if this is the wrong forum. i’m just curious how people use synastry in their own lives. if you meet someone and feel a strong connection, and the synastry has some scary aspects, would you hit the brakes on getting to know them? do you just look out of curiosity, and then let things develop as they will?

i have cap moon and have been using synastry to gauge my emotional investment in romantic prospects, surprise surprise lol. it feels i am probably holding myself back from experiencing life and love, and yet it’s so tempting to try to avoid the hardship. how about you?

JUPITERASC

apologies if this is the wrong forum. i’m just curious how people use synastry in their own lives. if you meet someone and feel a strong connection, and the synastry has some scary aspects, would you hit the brakes on getting to know them? do you just look out of curiosity, and then let things develop as they will?

i have cap moon and have been using synastry to gauge my emotional investment in romantic prospects, surprise surprise lol. it feels i am probably holding myself back from experiencing life and love, and yet it’s so tempting to try to avoid the hardship. how about you?
assess :smile:

Ascendant ruler
Moon ruler
Sun ruler

wan

if you meet someone and feel a strong connection, and the synastry has some scary aspects, would you hit the brakes on getting to know them? do you just look out of curiosity, and then let things develop as they will?

Hit the brakes just because the synastry is bad? No, most definitely not. In fact I don't think you will be able to find too many people who believe in astrology to that point. To me astrology is just a very fun pastime. I don't let any of it tell me how to live my life, how to approach love, friendship..etc. Like I will ask a guy I like for his birth info, plug it into a chart, and see if there is anything sexy going on. If yes, great. And I talk about it with people on the forum. If not, it doesn't bother me at all, and I also talk about it with people on the forum.

Baat

hmm, that certainly seems to be a much healthier approach! thank you for that very needed dose of realism