Bow to leper messiah!

petosiris

Banned
Jesus morbid hatred of dogs is disturbing.
Along with associating the world as dogs.

The New Testament doesn't say that anything about animal pets that I am aware of, but it does talk about Gentiles, false teachers and apostates as dogs figuratively. I am not aware of anyone interpreting these passages as referring to my dachshund, just as the Lion of Judah, the roaring lion and the Lamb of God are obviously not to be taken literally, since they make no sense (usually when the literal meaning makes no sense, there has to be an allegorical one).

Along with his love of fire.

Lord Jesus came first to bear the sins of many, and he will appear a second time to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him, but also to render vengeance on the adversaries of God, and to repay those who hate Him. The Scriptures talk about the love of God, but much more about the wrath of God, because the LORD is both merciful and just, tempered by the holiness of his nature.

Along with wanting the end of the world.

''But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.'' - 2 Peter 3:7

Lord Jesus doesn't know when exactly he will return (Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32), but only that the Father has sworn to him all authority before the foundation of the world.

Psalm 110 ESV
The Lord says to my lord:
“Sit at my right hand,
until I make your enemies your footstool.”

The Lord sends forth from Zion
your mighty scepter.
Rule in the midst of your enemies!
Your people will offer themselves freely
on the day of your power,
in holy garments;
from the womb of the morning,
the dew of your youth will be yours.
The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
“You are a priest forever
after the order of Melchizedek.”

The Lord is at your right hand;
he will shatter kings on the day of his wrath.
He will execute judgment among the nations,
filling them with corpses;
he will shatter chiefs
over the wide earth.
He will drink from the brook by the way;
therefore he will lift up his head.

He is coming soon to fulfill the last 8 lines.

petosiris

Banned
Petosiris,are you offended by an astrological analysis of Jesus as to how the archetype fits this Age? I'm sure you're aware that the sidereal Age of Pisces is often described as the Age of Christianity.
Such analyses are usually reserved for the religions of past Ages, prior to that of Pisces.

I use the concurrent, tropical Age of Capricorn to explain the Scapegoat concept, as well as the Christian version of "Satan", which I believe was derived from astrology's "Saturn, the greater Malefic".

David, may I refer you to Isaiah 47 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+47&version=ESV

Cold Fusion

The New Testament doesn't say that anything about animal pets that I am aware of, but it does talk about Gentiles, false teachers and apostates as dogs figuratively. I am not aware of anyone interpreting these passages as referring to my dachshund, just as the Lion of Judah, the roaring lion and the Lamb of God are obviously not to be taken literally, since they make no sense (usually when the literal meaning makes no sense, there has to be an allegorical one).

Lord Jesus came first to bear the sins of many, and he will appear a second time to bring salvation to those who eagerly await him, but also to render vengeance on the adversaries of God, and to repay those who hate Him. The Scriptures talk about the love of God, but much more about the wrath of God, because the LORD is both merciful and just, tempered by the holiness of his nature.

''But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.'' - 2 Peter 3:7

Lord Jesus doesn't know when exactly he will return (Matthew 24:36, Mark 13:32), but only that the Father has sworn to him all authority before the foundation of the world.

Psalm 110 ESV
The Lord says to my lord:
“Sit at my right hand,
until I make your enemies your footstool.”

The Lord sends forth from Zion
your mighty scepter.
Rule in the midst of your enemies!
Your people will offer themselves freely
on the day of your power,
in holy garments;
from the womb of the morning,
the dew of your youth will be yours.
The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
“You are a priest forever
after the order of Melchizedek.”

The Lord is at your right hand;
he will shatter kings on the day of his wrath.
He will execute judgment among the nations,
filling them with corpses;
he will shatter chiefs
over the wide earth.
He will drink from the brook by the way;
therefore he will lift up his head.

He is coming soon to fulfill the last 8 lines.

You're free to have your opinion, I'm free not to believe them.

david starling

Christianity's "Satan" was also partly Zoroastrian, from the god of evil and darkness, Ahriman, brother of the god of Light, Ahura Mazda. The Persian Zoroastrians overthrew Babylon, freed the remnants of Israel from the Babylonian Captivity, and enabled them to rebuild the Temple.
But, Ahriman was a full-fledged god, not just a fallen angel. And, those entrapped by Ahriman's evil influence were prophesied to be set free, not punished, when the god of Light finally succeeded in destroying the god of Darkness.

david starling

Did you read the end of the chapter? Are you offended?

It's specific to a different time and place. Why would I be offended? I am offended by the belief that those of other beliefs will be punished for all eternity. That's a more recent idea, peculiar to this Age, which is now coming to a climactic ending.

petosiris

Banned
We're like ancient Rome, complete with a Caesar "President", and a noble (extremely wealthy) Senate.

The Scriptures are quite clear that the last ten kingdoms are the toes of statue which are mixed with the iron of Rome (prophesied by Daniel hundreds of years before Jesus Anointed). Psalm 2 tells us that the LORD laughs at the conspiring nations. Again ESV:

Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”

He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”

I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.”

Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

*Some translations have ''Do homage in purity'' instead of ''Kiss the Son'' which are probably more accurate.

The nations are definitely counseled by sorcerers, astrologers and diviners in Revelation just as Babylon was in Isaiah 47.

petosiris

Banned
The Scriptures use allegories of lions (Jesus and Satan), serpents (Satan and Christians) and other creatures in both positive and negative aspects. In the same way the uncleanliness of dogs is suggestive of an apostate who renounces holiness for the previous dirt, while the obedience of dogs is suggestive of someone zealous for God, so that John Calvin says to this effect ''A dog barks when his master is attacked. I would be a coward if I saw that God's truth is attacked and yet would remain silent.'' Misrepresenting Jesus' words is a slander - Bark Bark.