Sun-Moon conjunction - the 'soulmate' aspect.

ardentika

I've been researching a lot on that, and I'm almost inclined to think that the Sun/Moon conjunction between partners is one of THE strongest glues ever and most spiritual one, as it will make both parties work out everything that's stopping them being together.
The only couples I've seen stay together forever, maybe after many trials and errors, are those couples. And more specifically, the female's moon on the male's sun. The funny thing is that the degree doesn't seem to matter that much, as long as it is in the same sign.

Carl Jung made a research on that, and he as well had that conjunction with his wife. Somehow, in those scenarios, one of the partners was unfaithful. At least the scenarios I've researched (including my mom and dad lol)

Another interesting story is the one of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson. They met when she was 19, she is Pisces rising, he is Aqua Rising, no communication there at all. However, her Saggitarius Moon lands on his Saggitarius Sun. He called her "his cosmic mate".

Since orbs here don't work, I will use only signs for the other interesting aspects they had.

His Mars opp. her Moon
His Saturn opp. her Sun AND Moon

I'm focusing mainly on the Sun and Moon aspects.

After he died from an overdose, she couldn't bare to live without him and died from OD 3 years later. She was indeed his "cosmic mate".

My mom and dad have the same aspect. I've looked at their synastry and composite many times, and traditional astrology would say they should NOT be together, or there is no apparent reason why they are together. However, it seems this Sun-Moon conjunction they have (my mom's moon on my dad's sun) is something that held them bond together over 30 years, after MANY ups and downs. Like, MANY downs haha. But they both believe they are soulmates and cannot imagine their lives without each other.

So I am inclined to think that this Sun-Moon conjunction speaks a lot more of fate and soulmates than any other connections in synastry.

If you know of any other famous couples, or couples you know with that conjunction, I'd love to hear!

comdoc

They married when she was 17 and he was 23 year old soldier. He completed service and returned to home country. Left her home state and relocated to other side of the country. Rather adventurous younger years, with many changes of residence and occupation.

And what type of relationship did they have in their young years?

Ksusha

I've been researching a lot on that, and I'm almost inclined to think that the Sun/Moon conjunction between partners is one of THE strongest glues ever and most spiritual one, as it will make both parties work out everything that's stopping them being together.
The only couples I've seen stay together forever, maybe after many trials and errors, are those couples. And more specifically, the female's moon on the male's sun. The funny thing is that the degree doesn't seem to matter that much, as long as it is in the same sign.

Carl Jung made a research on that, and he as well had that conjunction with his wife. Somehow, in those scenarios, one of the partners was unfaithful. At least the scenarios I've researched (including my mom and dad lol)

Another interesting story is the one of Jim Morrison and Pamela Courson. They met when she was 19, she is Pisces rising, he is Aqua Rising, no communication there at all. However, her Saggitarius Moon lands on his Saggitarius Sun. He called her "his cosmic mate".

Since orbs here don't work, I will use only signs for the other interesting aspects they had.

His Mars opp. her Moon
His Saturn opp. her Sun AND Moon

I'm focusing mainly on the Sun and Moon aspects.

After he died from an overdose, she couldn't bare to live without him and died from OD 3 years later. She was indeed his "cosmic mate".

My mom and dad have the same aspect. I've looked at their synastry and composite many times, and traditional astrology would say they should NOT be together, or there is no apparent reason why they are together. However, it seems this Sun-Moon conjunction they have (my mom's moon on my dad's sun) is something that held them bond together over 30 years, after MANY ups and downs. Like, MANY downs haha. But they both believe they are soulmates and cannot imagine their lives without each other.

So I am inclined to think that this Sun-Moon conjunction speaks a lot more of fate and soulmates than any other connections in synastry.

If you know of any other famous couples, or couples you know with that conjunction, I'd love to hear!

I understand that you are mainly asking about their sun-moon conjunction..But have you try to do their Draconic charts with love asteroids? That maybe revealing and shocking. The draconic charts represent deep soul characteristics. So they my have many conjunctions/ connections in those charts that are invisible in tropical charts.

ardentika

I understand that you are mainly asking about their sun-moon conjunction..But have you try to do their Draconic charts with love asteroids? That maybe revealing and shocking. The draconic charts represent deep soul characteristics. So they my have many conjunctions/ connections in those charts that are invisible in tropical charts.

Oh how interesting! I've never dug deep in draconic chart, will do now, thank you for the suggestion!
Also how would you read such synastry? Only draconic to draconic, or draconic-natal works too?

Last edited:

Msariel

In theory I guess that's true, but it all depends on where you are as a person, are you ready for a truly spiritual and fulfilling relationship that will make you a better person. And are you really ready to love... My ex's moon exactly conjuncted his ex's sun, he never truly committed to her truly, deeply, seriously. He cheated on her. And then he left her and regretted it for years but she had moved on, duh.
Then he met me, his moon trines my sun and moon, his venus conjuncts my moon and true node. We were CRAZY in love. Again he ****** it up big time. Cheated on me, treated me like ****. I left his sorry ***. And now he's with some chick with whom he mainly has oppositions and inconjuncts. His moon sextiles her sun though; but given all their oppositions and inconjuncts I'm not sure how much that sextile can save the day. What I'm saying is that he's not the kind of guy that is spiritually or emotionally mature and ready to take on a that kind of relationship where's there's true and deep compatibility as sun-moon conjunctions and trines predispose to. In the end it's up to us as individuals... :)

ardentika

In theory I guess that's true, but it all depends on where you are as a person, are you ready for a truly spiritual and fulfilling relationship that will make you a better person. And are you really ready to love... My ex's moon exactly conjuncted his ex's sun, he never truly committed to her truly, deeply, seriously. He cheated on her. And then he left her and regretted it for years but she had moved on, duh.
Then he met me, his moon trines my sun and moon, his venus conjuncts my moon and true node. We were CRAZY in love. Again he ****** it up big time. Cheated on me, treated me like ****. I left his sorry ***. And now he's with some chick with whom he mainly has oppositions and inconjuncts. His moon sextiles her sun though; but given all their oppositions and inconjuncts I'm not sure how much that sextile can save the day. What I'm saying is that he's not the kind of guy that is spiritually or emotionally mature and ready to take on a that kind of relationship where's there's true and deep compatibility as sun-moon conjunctions and trines predispose to. In the end it's up to us as individuals... :)
Thats true. But I have a theory that the Universe is generous so it will bring up a soulmate , if we take it or not is up to us.
Also I've seen strong soulmate connections with a lot of inconjuncts and semi sextiles. It's a powerful aspect that should not be underestimated. Some people cannot do with majority of trines and sextiles, it will bore the hell out of them. And the sun-moon conjunctions Ive seen never had easy relationship. Jim Morrison cheated on his mate but she forgave and accepted his polygamous nature. Same forCarl Jung, he even had an affair in his later years for which his wifr knew and accepted. It was an odd agreement. So it seems in the moree evolved souls there is a lot of challenges and growth.

I myself met someone who has his Sun AND Moon on my Moon and it feels like if I rise my left hand he will rise his right. He is like a mirror to be, also due to the moon conjunction I have a lot of prophetic dreams with him. Those relationships are not easy and take a lot of time to balance in energy and take off the ground but I do think they are more powerful than any other aspect.
Also the moon moon oppositions too.

Of course there are many other factors. Just cos my moon is Leo doesn't mean each Leo sun is my soulmate haha.I do get along perfectly with Leos but as I said this alone is not enough to spark the connection.

I do think a soulmate connection will show up not justin synastry but composite too. And those connections rarely rely on traditional interpretation. No one can defime such connection as it is strongly individual, but it can show in composite why the two came together.
Also I've noticed what we consider soulmate relationships have mostly challenging aspects. A lot of squares, oppositions, inconjuncts and semi sextiles. Inconjunct in particular is an aspect I see quite a lot of. It doesn't even has to be by orb, but by sign.

Msariel

I was just responding to your initial hypothesis about sun-moon conjunction being soulmate aspect :) it's not a rule obviously, as you yourself admit that inconjuncts can be soulmate material :)

ardentika

I was just responding to your initial hypothesis about sun-moon conjunction being soulmate aspect :) it's not a rule obviously, as you yourself admit that inconjuncts can be soulmate material :)
Definitely haha! I see it a lot these days, but this too is not enough. It gotta have a solid background, and Sun-Moon is one I think.
But yeah it does seem Sun=Moon is not easy at all when it comes to a relationship.

Ksusha

Oh how interesting! I've never dug deep in draconic chart, will do now, thank you for the suggestion!
Also how would you read such synastry? Only draconic to draconic, or draconic-natal works too?
Sorry for the late reply. It works both ways, draconic to draconic and draconic to natal. Look for conjunctions and oppositions mostly as they are the most accurate aspects when work involves draconic charts. For Asteroids, the considerable aspects would be within 2 degrees. And for planets, within 7 degrees. 🙂

Witchyone

I don't really believe in the concept of soulmates, but I agree that Sun conjunct Moon is good for marriage. I have it with my husband. I'm the Moon to his Sun. We've gone through a lot of different phases in our relationship, and even when things have been relatively bad between us, we were deeply bonded. We don't question one another's motives or sincerity. I don't think I realized what a blessing that is until quite recently, and we've been married for 15 years. We do have other aspects known for longevity, though, like Saturn trine Sun.

In descriptions I've read about Sun/Moon conjunction in synastry it mentions that the Moon placement might sometimes end up in a supportive role to the Sun. That's been true for us, and I'm very independent and somewhat rebellious by nature, so that has created bursts of tension between us over the years.

ardentika

Ksusha I found something curious in draconic in a synastry. In tropical my moon conj that person's sun and in draconic their moon conjuncts my tropical sun. No idea what it means but it was noticable haha.

Witchyone, indeed I've heard that one of the longest and happiest marriages are between moon-moon or sun-moon conjunctions. Do you believe that aspect really helps to overweight the other challenging ones with your Hubby? What arr your most challenging aspects in your synastry and composite? You can post the charts if you like! I'd love to see for myself.

mshroom

I have very warm connection with 2 friends. Sometimes I think like we're more than that. We feel or sense each other in subtle manner.
With 1st my moon is in conjunction with his Sun, with 2nd his Moon with my Sun.
For the first guy - where is my Moon involved I feel like he has an upper hand, for another I try to explain him that I understand his feelings.
So, there Sun holds the Moon and the Moon feels affection.

Witchyone

Ksusha I found something curious in draconic in a synastry. In tropical my moon conj that person's sun and in draconic their moon conjuncts my tropical sun. No idea what it means but it was noticable haha.

Witchyone, indeed I've heard that one of the longest and happiest marriages are between moon-moon or sun-moon conjunctions. Do you believe that aspect really helps to overweight the other challenging ones with your Hubby? What arr your most challenging aspects in your synastry and composite? You can post the charts if you like! I'd love to see for myself.

After so many years, it's hard to say what is raw compatibility and what exists because we built the bond and are committed people. :tongue:

I don't really want to post the charts, but here is a list of our synastry aspects from Astrotheme if you're interested. It's a long list of contradictions. For example, we have both Mercury square Sun and Mercury trine Sun. The list is so long I took out all the aspects with a 6° or more orb and all minor aspects except inconjunct.

Venus Conjunction Jupiter Orb 3°36'
Uranus Conjunction Pluto Orb 3°56'
MC Conjunction Moon Orb 4°06'
Sun Conjunction Moon Orb 4°32'
Node Conjunction Jupiter Orb 4°58'
Chiron Opposite Pluto Orb 0°29'
Mars Opposite Uranus Orb 1°16'
Neptune Opposite AS Orb 2°09'
Neptune Square Moon Orb 0°16'
Chiron Square Saturn Orb 1°18'
Moon Square Mercury Orb 1°24'
Jupiter Square MC Orb 1°57'
Uranus Square Saturn Orb 2°09'
Sun Square Neptune Orb 2°12'
MC Square Neptune Orb 2°39'
Mercury Square Venus Orb 2°44'
Saturn Square Mars Orb 2°59'
Saturn Square MC Orb 3°27'
Node Square Neptune Orb 3°53'
Uranus Square Mercury Orb 4°00'
Jupiter Square Mars Orb 4°30'
Venus Square Neptune Orb 5°15'
AS Square Pluto Orb 5°43'
Jupiter Trine Saturn Orb 0°04'
Uranus Trine MC Orb 0°07'
Sun Trine Saturn Orb 0°09'
Node Trine Mercury Orb 0°12'
Neptune Trine Mars Orb 0°33'
MC Trine Saturn Orb 0°35'
Venus Trine Mercury Orb 1°09'
Pluto Trine AS Orb 2°07'
AS Trine Moon Orb 2°49'
Chiron Trine Mars Orb 3°07'
Chiron Trine Neptune Orb 3°21'
Mercury Trine Sun Orb 4°28'
AS Trine Uranus Orb 4°29'
Jupiter Trine Moon Orb 4°46'
Moon Trine MC Orb 5°32'
Node Trine Saturn Orb 5°56'
Uranus Sextile Neptune Orb 0°05'
Lilith Sextile Uranus Orb 0°18'
Venus Sextile Venus Orb 0°19'
Node Sextile Venus Orb 1°02'
Saturn Sextile Saturn Orb 1°25'
Mars Sextile Sun Orb 2°30'
Neptune Sextile Pluto Orb 3°11'
Saturn Sextile Moon Orb 3°16'
Chiron Sextile MC Orb 3°20'
Lilith Sextile Sun Orb 3°28'
Saturn Inconjunction Pluto Orb 0°21'
Moon Inconjunction Venus Orb 0°34'
MC Inconjunction Pluto Orb 1°11'
Sun Inconjunction Pluto Orb 1°38'

Starsareround

I have this conjunction (3 degrees) in synastry with my recent ex. He is Sun, I am moon. We also happen to have Mars=him conjunct venus=me under 3 degrees as well. This is a strong glue. Thats all I'll say for now as its a painful breakup but yes, its a real intensifier...

GemwDepth

Account Closed
By itself I am not sure if the conjunction will equate to anything. Supporting factors are essential.

There need to be love asteroids involved to signify "soul mate" and "true love", such as valentine, and a host of others well placed.

The cases I've seen in a married couple is where the female moon is on the man's DSC. The DSC point is where the man subconsciously look for in a partner, a "subconscious craving" of official partner. The man's DSC point is usually activated in marriages, but not in more casual boyfriend / girlfriend relationships. I've seen many cases of female moon on man's DSC as marriage partners.

The very last thing to consider are negative natal aspects to the moon. If your moon was at the apex of grand square, say squaring both saturn and pluto. Then the man's sun would automatically square the female's saturn and pluto, making this a suffocating relationship full of power struggles and control issues. That wouldn't be a healthy relationship for anyone.

Celebrity example is Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt. Her moon conjunct his sun, they broke up in 5 years. She has nothing on his DSC. Angelina Jolie has planets conjuncting Brad's Cancer DSC, and they stayed together for over 12 years, much longer than Jennifer.

Last edited:

ardentika

By itself I am not sure if the conjunction will equate to anything. Supporting factors are essential.

There need to be love asteroids involved to signify "soul mate" and "true love", such as valentine, and a host of others well placed.

The cases I've seen in a married couple is where the female moon is on the man's DSC. The DSC point is where the man subconsciously look for in a partner, and I've seen many cases of female moon on man's DSC as marriage partners. The DSC point is the "subconscious craving" of an official partner. The man's DSC point is usually activated in marriages, but not in more casual boyfriend / girlfriend relationships.

The very last thing to consider are negative natal aspects to the moon. If your moon was at the apex of grand square, say squaring both saturn and pluto. Then the man's sun would automatically square the female's saturn and pluto, making this a suffocating relationship full of power struggles and control issues. That wouldn't be a healthy relationship for anyone.

Celebrity example is Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt. Her moon conjunct his sun, they broke up in 5 years. She has nothing on his DSC. Angelina Jolie has planets conjuncting Brad's cancer DSC, and they stayed together for over 12 years, much longer than Jennifer.

Indeed. However a marriage without boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't happen. It starts from there and it escalates. I'm not sure about the relevance of asteroids however.

Also when you say DSC conj moon, what degrees are we talking about? Does females moon in males 7th also count? And what about the vertex? I've heard its important however each person that had planets on me vertex or vice versa, never came to stay. So I don't see vertex relevant for synastry. It does show fated events indeed, but not something meant to stay, at least that's what Ive seen so far with my personal experience.

Your theory for the descendant is interesting. But why would it work only si stronly on males? What about the female?

GemwDepth

Account Closed
There was a guy that spent 10+ years specifically studying relationship charts, drawing on 500 – 600 charts cases and made amazing conclusions. I tried to pull his site up but it looks like it no longer exist. http://www.astroknowlogy.com.

I've had some time to apply his conclusion to a number of cases, and found it to be gold standard. Unfortunately, without expressed permission and no link available, I do not think I have permission to post any copyrighted material.

In generally, I do not go by text book, although I respect them. Hence I don't tend to debate on theory or correctness, it negates creative evolution (Uranus) and practical reality (Saturn). Generally, I try to make conclusions based on tests and analyzing a variety of cases, with conclusions open to adjustment depending on newer findings.

On the DSC point, the why is still open ended. My personal take is that our society and cultural consciousness subjects the male and female to both project, and express their masculine and feminine side differently. Men are triggered to express the Sun and Mars, the masculine aspects. Women are triggered to express moon and feminine aspects. This is just a generality of course. Hence in a conventional relationship with the influence of 'tradition', men are apt to look externally for the 'feminine', 'support' and 'unconscious' side. When they encounter a woman who's planet is either in the 7th or on the DSC, there's a subconscious feeling of connection, 'the missing piece', and 'wholeness'. Hence they are more willing to consider a longer term commitment. That's my take on this.

The converse also works though. In most of the cases I looked at, the man also had planets in the woman's 7th house.

But what specifically stood out to me as interesting, among the multitude of indicators that can cloud the picture - was an conjunction between the woman's moon and the man's DSC. If you are asking about degrees I do not particularly recall, but +/- 5 degrees.

Last edited:

ardentika

There was a guy that spent 10+ years specifically studying relationship charts, drawing on 500 – 600 charts cases and made amazing conclusions. I tried to pull his site up but it looks like it no longer exist. http://www.astroknowlogy.com.

I've had some time to apply his conclusion to a number of cases, and found it to be gold standard. Unfortunately, without expressed permission and no link available, I do not think I have permission to post any copyrighted material.

In generally, I do not go by text book, although I respect them. Hence I don't tend to debate on theory or correctness, it negates creative evolution (Uranus) and practical reality (Saturn). Generally, I try to make conclusions based on tests and analyzing a variety of cases, with conclusions open to adjustment depending on newer findings.

On the DSC point, the why is still open ended. My personal take is that our society and cultural consciousness subjects the male and female to both project, and express their masculine and feminine side differently. Men are triggered to express the Sun and Mars, the masculine aspects. Women are triggered to express moon and feminine aspects. This is just a generality of course. Hence in a conventional relationship with the influence of 'tradition', men are apt to look externally for the 'feminine', 'support' and 'unconscious' side. When they encounter a woman who's planet is either in the 7th or on the DSC, there's a subconscious feeling of connection, 'the missing piece', and 'wholeness'. Hence they are more willing to consider a longer term commitment. That's my take on this.

The converse also works though. In most of the cases I looked at, the man also had planets in the woman's 7th house.

But what specifically stood out to me as interesting, among the multitude of indicators that can cloud the picture - was an conjunction between the woman's moon and the man's DSC. If you are asking about degrees I do not particularly recall, but +/- 5 degrees.

Actually what you say makes a lot of sense. Ever since I decided I want a husband material and Jupiter transited my 7th, I've been meeting only Aquarius rising guys, my Moon is in Leo. So your theory on the Dsv explains it hah. I've wondered what's it about.

However many men are looking for a masculine female which is odd but it proves evolution of consciousness. This way you don'thave female-white male-black=ying and yang. You have female-black&white plus male=black/white= wholeness within wholeness. Replace black and white with masculine and feminine.

Also I'd love for you to send me what you have on private. I'm not interested in distributing just reading for my own interest. If you are okay with it of course.