Are the horrible cryptic twitter messages based on me?

Hello everyone, could really do with some help deciphering this horary chart.

A guy who I've been friends with for the the past few years (although, recently using that term loosely) has posted some horrible cryptic twitter messages which I think may be based on me. Using analogies to describe how he wishes certain girls will leave him alone and just move on but also describing how they (or me - im not sure) were in bed etc. We've been 'seeing' each other on/off for the past year and lately he has been distant and withdrawn. I recently found out he has been dating someone else (even though he told me he wasn't) but based on his twitter page and the other girl's twitter page i'm getting a different story. What makes this all the more interesting for me is that he knows I'm not on twitter and never use it, however his twitter page is public so I can easily see everything he is posting unbeknown to him.

So, what I've gathered so far from this chart is that I'm venus in the 9th house (his 3rd) I'm in cancer, in his triplicity (correct?) so I obviously care about him. He is mars in scorpio my first house. Since he is my detriment he obviously doesn't care about me. Mars being in my first house also doesn't make me think he cares about me, if anything perhaps it's helping me see the truth of who he really is. Now there isn't a connection between any of the major significators but mercury (ruler of his third house) is travelling towards a combustion and is also about to square his significator. It is also travelling towards a conjuction towards jupiter but I'm not sure what this could mean (perhaps something to do with his 9th/my 3rd or his 11th/my 5th).

The moon however is at 22 degrees libra, smack bang on the ascendant. The moon shows the timing of events and also used as a co-ruler for me. Being on my ascendant it shows how confused and uncertain I am on the whole situation. It is also seperating from a square to my significator venus. The moon and ascendant conjuncting 23 degrees Spica is fortunate but perhaps only 'fortunate' in helping me find out the truth of the matter. I think also the moon is void of course but once again, not too sure. If it is void the chart may not be readable but there must be something in the chart showing me a yes or no answer.

If anyone could please help me out with this I would be so grateful.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 39

Summery Joy

What is the question? You seem to be answering a question about his feelings while the question in the header is about his messages. What question was in your heart exactly when you cast this chart?

If you are asking the question in the header, I think it's a yes. Mars (him) in your house (1st) and Moon on the Asc point at you.

Last edited:
Yes, it's the question in the header that I was after. I thought looking at the receptions showed where I stood with him. So him being in my detriment showed dislike towards me which would have made him post those tweets. Sorry for the confusion! Thank you very much for the help! It's just so sad how two faced this guy is. Time to move on.

RayAustin

I did a horary chart about a "friend" of mine and how they felt about me. As a rule IMO, if someone is in your planet's detriment/fall it is best to let them go.

Like you, I was Venus in the chart and they were Mars. If someone is in a debility of the Moon AND your significator, they should not be trusted or bothered with at all and greatly avoided; especially if their ruler is a malefic planet.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello everyone, could really do with some help deciphering this horary chart.

A guy who I've been friends with for the the past few years (although, recently using that term loosely) has posted some horrible cryptic twitter messages which I think may be based on me. Using analogies to describe how he wishes certain girls will leave him alone and just move on but also describing how they (or me - im not sure) were in bed etc. We've been 'seeing' each other on/off for the past year and lately he has been distant and withdrawn. I recently found out he has been dating someone else (even though he told me he wasn't) but based on his twitter page and the other girl's twitter page i'm getting a different story. What makes this all the more interesting for me is that he knows I'm not on twitter and never use it, however his twitter page is public so I can easily see everything he is posting unbeknown to him.

<...>

If anyone could please help me out with this I would be so grateful.

I appears to me that this chart is not radical as the Ascendant ruler is neither in or of the triplicity of the planetary hour, Sun. If OP would provide the location in which the chart was cast, perhaps others can use a planetary hour calculator to check my manually determined planetary hour of the Sun.

The reason that I decided to look into the agreement of the rising sign/querent with the planetary hour is that there was something that seemed very much amiss in querent's logic about how and why this activity would be going on. If the twitter messages are cryptic, then they are very much open to OP's subjective interpretation of them. It would seem just so much simpler to ask the guy instead of all this hullabaloo about it. And the fact he knows you don't use twitter doesn't mean that he wouldn't know that you could see his public comments, that it would be unbeknownst to him.

There just seemed something to me off about the question, something internally inconsistent in OP's thought processes. Inconsistency between ruler of the asc and planetary hour would reiterate that, suggesting that we cannot answer such a question from this chart.

Just my thought when I initially read the post and again now as I see it again. I would welcome someone checking the agreement between Asc ruler and planetary hour.

RayAustin

There just seemed something to me off about the question, something internally inconsistent in OP's thought processes. Inconsistency between ruler of the asc and planetary hour would reiterate that, suggesting that we cannot answer such a question from this chart.

The keyword is "suggestion". This does not stop me from being accurate in my judgments.

IleneK

Premium Member
The keyword is "suggestion". This does not stop me from being accurate in my judgments.

I did not mean to comment on the accuracy of your judgements or any other of the judgments. I have enjoyed reading your observations.

I was mostly wondering about others' thoughts on the validity of the chart itself?

RayAustin

I did not mean to comment on the accuracy of your judgements or any other of the judgments. I have enjoyed reading your observations.

I was mostly wondering about others' thoughts on the validity of the chart itself?

I'm not saying you did nor was really trying to talk of myself specifically.. I'm just saying in general. I don't think it is a stricture that really keeps you from being able to judge a chart. :)

IleneK

Premium Member

I'm not saying you did nor was really trying to talk of myself specifically.. I'm just saying in general. I don't think it is a stricture that really keeps you from being able to judge a chart. :)

Okay, so I am not sure whether you were talking about yourself or not, but moving to your second point, I am not extensively educated or read in horary. What I was remembering is from Lilly as quoted in one of Deb Houlding's articles at

http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf
In regard to planetary hour agreement, the 17th century
English horary astrologer William Lilly explains:1

“All the ancients that have wrote of questions do give
warning to the astrologer, that before he deliver judgement he should
consider whether the figure is radical and capable of judgement.

The ques
tion then shall be taken for radical, or fit to be judged, when the lord of the hour at the time of proposing the question, and erecting the figure, and the lord of the ascendant
or first house, are of one triplicity, or be one, or of the same nature.

1 Christian Astrology , London, 1647, p.121.

This suggests to me that a horary chart being radical means, by definition, fit to be judged. And conversely, not being radical means not fit to be judged. While there are clearly differences as to the criteria for radicality, it seems pretty widely held that if not radical, then not fit for judgment.

However, I have judged many a chart that may have not been radical because I did not check the planetary hour and also because the question felt okay to me. The only matter I was raising here was that this question as posed seemed off to me. I raised the point to get opinions from anyone else who also might be interested in radicality to see if I had calculated the planetary hour correctly.

Last edited:

RayAustin

Okay, so I am not sure whether you were talking about yourself or not, but moving to your second point, I am not extensively educated or read in horary. What I was remembering is from Lilly as quoted in one of Deb Houlding's articles at

http://skyscript.co.uk/hour_agreement.pdf
In regard to planetary hour agreement, the 17th century
English horary astrologer William Lilly explains:1

“All the ancients that have wrote of questions do give
warning to the astrologer, that before he deliver judgement he should
consider whether the figure is radical and capable of judgement.

The ques
tion then shall be taken for radical, or fit to be judged, when the lord of the hour at the time of proposing the question, and erecting the figure, and the lord of the ascendant
or first house, are of one triplicity, or be one, or of the same nature.

1 Christian Astrology , London, 1647, p.121.

This suggests to me that a horary chart being radical means, by definition, fit to be judged. And conversely, not being radical means not fit to be judged. While there are clearly differences as to the criteria for radicality, it seems pretty widely held that if not radical, then not fit for judgment.

However, I have judged many a chart that may have not been radical because I did not check the planetary hour and also because the question felt okay to me. The only matter I was raising here was that this question as posed seemed off to me. I raised the point to get opinions from anyone else who also might be interested in radicality to see if I had calculated the planetary hour correctly.

I'm just saying again generally that it really doesn't stop you from being able to judge a chart. I see the strictures more as guidelines than rules, and even then sometimes rules are made to be broken. It's up to the astrologer, everyone practices horary in slightly different ways.

There is a passage somewhere I read that an ancient author said astrologers should retain rules passed down, but if they observe "changes" or that some rules no longer apply they should continue on with the newer perception/newer considerations. If that makes sense. I really wish I remembered where it was from exactly.

The most powerful stricture for me where I will absolutely not interpret a chart is if it's a 0° degree ascendant.

Last edited: