8th House Death

Julijana

Death and inheritance are linked
but not all of us gets an inheritance :smile:
Death is inevitable, including our own
Yes I know that I'm going to die. But as my father said:people die when their mission in this earth is over and t's for God to deside. But people have curiouss nature to seek and play with natures law. Me including. I think the best thing is leave it to unknown.

JUPITERASC

Yes I know that I'm going to die.
But as my father said:people die when their mission in this earth is over and t's for God to deside.
But people have curiouss nature to seek and play with natures law.
Me including. I think the best thing is leave it to unknown.
Everyone does not have identical beliefs - some believe in a God while some do not
many are Atheists - many are Agnostic
some think astrology provides answers, but others think astrology is nonsense

and that's fine
you are entitled to your opinion on any matter - as we all are :smile:

Jehan

Yes, it would have to be a combination of several factors all indicating one and the same thing, the perfect storm so to speak.

Thank you Muchacho, you are correct. I should have noted this. As a rule no one solitary celestial movement should be considered powerful enough to trigger events in the chart. Rule of three for those who are new and learning.

Jehan

Yes I know that I'm going to die. But as my father said:people die when their mission in this earth is over and t's for God to deside. But people have curiouss nature to seek and play with natures law. Me including. I think the best thing is leave it to unknown.

Yes and no. There will be times where specific movements are noted that affect the houses that signify illness and death. If someone is a smoker and I see the potential for illness coming up for the next period of life then I'm going to say something to them about the potential for long-term illness or potential death from the effects of smoking. Sometimes this is needed in effort to reinforce the neccessity for the native to reflect on their habits and patterns so that maybe they can actually consciously choose to quit if they desire a better quality of life. This is just one example. There's no one size fits all to the ethics or morals surrounding the question of illness and death. If one chooses to speculate upon another for the mere pleasure of speculation or to exert psychological dominion over another then that's where I and probably most people would not be supportive.

Last edited:

muchacho

Thank you Muchacho, you are correct. I should have noted this. As a rule no one solitary celestial movement should be considered powerful enough to trigger events in the chart. Rule of three for those who are new and learning.
Also, at least theoretically, an event like death should show up in the charts of close relatives as well.

Imperial1922

I was reading about the 8th house and how it can give insights on death. I have Aries in the 8th house and kind of disturbed to see my death is most likely violent, sudden, angry, in a fire, blood loss or car accident. I also have mars and the moon in the 8th. Wouldn't mars just intensify the above scenarios?

I am a newbie so I am wondering others thoughts on this conclusion and anything else I should be taking into consideration?

Also, do you know people who have died and it lined up with their 8th house placement?

I'm curious too, i want to know what jupiter in aries its house means for me, it is square sun in cap, square mercury in aquarius, and trine venus in cancer

waybread

Keep in mind that the 8th house represents many things besides death, and that even those astrologers who believe they can predict death do not read it transparently off the 8th house.

The 8th also represents "shared" financial resources, such as proceeds from a marriage, inheritances, and investments. People with a strong 8th house are apt to think about death more than most people, and tend to be comparatively private. In modern astrology the 8th represents "the occult", perhaps because 8th house people are interested in exploring deeper meanings of life and death. To some modern astrologers, the 8th house also represents sexuality, probably because in medical astrology the 8th house is associated with the reproductive origins.

Also keep in mind that astrology deals with circular time: sex-birth-life-death-rebirth.

If you think of your 8th house metaphorically, not literally, you'll have a better sense of how it plays out in your life.

Let's be honest, the 8th house sun will make you more prone to accidents just by the very nature of it to take risks and to experience life intensely. Seen as we are on the path to self-awareness, I see no problem with searching your own mortality...my named asteroid is square Pluto, so together, i have an indication of my own.

muchacho

Keep in mind that the 8th house represents many things besides death, and that even those astrologers who believe they can predict death do not read it transparently off the 8th house.

The 8th also represents "shared" financial resources, such as proceeds from a marriage, inheritances, and investments. People with a strong 8th house are apt to think about death more than most people, and tend to be comparatively private. In modern astrology the 8th represents "the occult", perhaps because 8th house people are interested in exploring deeper meanings of life and death. To some modern astrologers, the 8th house also represents sexuality, probably because in medical astrology the 8th house is associated with the reproductive origins.

Also keep in mind that astrology deals with circular time: sex-birth-life-death-rebirth.

If you think of your 8th house metaphorically, not literally, you'll have a better sense of how it plays out in your life.
Exactly. It means disintegration and things falling apart (the link to physical death) on the one hand but it also means recycling things, rejuvenation and replenishment (the link to longevity) on the other hand.

waybread

Thanks, muchacho. I might also point out that astrology got its start back in the day when the average life expectancy was extremely low. Many children didn't live to be adults, and many adults died of injuries and illnesses that today are easily cured. Understandably, length of life was a big concern, in ways that we do not experience today, when most people live into old age. If the 8th house somehow "worked," it would have to account for the majority of people in the developed world living into old age. Most elderly people will die in bed at a hospital, hospice, or at home.

Even those astrologers who believe death can be predicted do not read it straight off the 8th house. The traditionalists do not use Pluto or asteroids, either.

Of course, we should all come to terms with our own mortality. Mortal esistence: we're not getting out of this one alive!

Last edited:

Claire19

No ethical astrologer would discuss an individual's death and there are many variable with it all, anyway. The 12th house has to be looked at, the 1st house and many other indicators. The 8th house is really how we deal with transcending to the other realms and our thoughts and theories on it and in a way how long we may stay in the physical and what may take us out. . Life is eternal, just changes form.

muchacho

Thanks, muchacho. I might also point out that astrology got its start back in the day when the average life expectancy was extremely low. Many children didn't live to be adults, and many adults died of injuries and illnesses that today are easily cured. Understandably, length of life was a big concern, in ways that we do not experience today, when most people live into old age. If the 8th house somehow "worked," it would have to account for the majority of people in the developed world living into old age. Most elderly people will die in bed at a hospital, hospice, or at home.

Even those astrologers who believe death can be predicted do not read it straight off the 8th house. The traditionalists do not use Pluto or asteroids, either.

Of course, we should all come to terms with our own mortality. Mortal esistence: we're not getting out of this one alive!
What I've read in the (vedic) classics, they are mostly concerned with predicting death of infants.

Claire19

As Pluto is a major indicator of death or transitioning to the other side, it is foolish to ignore it. I dont use asteroids or fixed stars though.

muchacho

In modern astrology, maybe. In the traditional systems Pluto can only be an additional factor (among others) at best, but never a major factor.

AquaMoonChild

I am interested too.I have aries in 8th house on my north node. My sons moon is in the 8th and my daughters is in the 12th. My husbands sun is in the 8th and his moon is in the 6th. I'm afraid with all these connections since my husband's sun in 8th could indicate inheritance from his wife(me).

waybread

AquaMoonChild, I urge you to relax around all of this.

Astrology is not intended to make us fearful and suspicious.

My NN is in Aries in the 8th house. At the age of 67, somehow my life turned out OK.

Definitely one spouse will outlive the other spouse. I hope you and your husband have valid wills that bequeath your assets to the surviving spouse. Otherwise the state will take a big share of your assets through taxes. This is just sensible planning-- nothing to worry about.

CapAquaPis

AquaMoonChild, I urge you to relax around all of this.

Astrology is not intended to make us fearful and suspicious.

My NN is in Aries in the 8th house. At the age of 67, somehow my life turned out OK.

Definitely one spouse will outlive the other spouse. I hope you and your husband have valid wills that bequeath your assets to the surviving spouse. Otherwise the state will take a big share of your assets through taxes. This is just sensible planning-- nothing to worry about.

Waybread is right, the 8th doesn't instantly bring you or anyone in your circle a chance of death. I have Aquarius sun/moon-8th square Uranus in scorpio (born Feb 15, 1980). My Pluto in Libra-4th/NN opposite Venus in Aries-10th/SN.

kimbermoon

Another perspective perhaps:

the 4th represents the influence we experience from the parents;
the 8th reflects the psychological [Scorpio] inheritance we received from them;
the 12th: the subconscious effects we are left with; either the desire to retreat from the demons left behind, or the search for healing through spiritual sanctuary.

Indeed the 8th H can be rather enigmatic, and difficult to interpret given it's normal associations. As I see it, since the 2nd house relates to personal material resources, the 8th is more about spiritual resources, which is often the only remedy in overcoming the hurdles that plague us in life.
The 8th H relates to crisis and critical events, which are typically recorded at the emotional, and psychological level. Scorpio's natural rulership of this house shows survival and transformation, thus the planets therein can denote significant psychological patterns that are indeed deeply imbedded in the psyche.
In my own case, I have cancer Sun and Jupiter in the 8th, but opposed by Mars; in my early 30's I did experience the death of my parents and I believe the opposition told the story of the troubles that ensued over the inheritance from my father [ sibling conflicts]. Many years later my father-in-law also passed, leaving us to serve as caretakers for the elderly mother and handicapped brother. Then, just last year the mother-in-law also passed. Themes of death have certainly followed me in life, while the transformations they caused were significant to my own personal evolution.
With Neptune in my 12th I have certainly had to shore up my spiritual faith and my considerations about death.
“Death is not the beginning of the end; it is the return to innocence.”

waybread

I think an 8th house sun or stellium can signify people who think about death more than most. The 8th, 4th, and 12th houses can also indicate very private people.

Both my parents had died by the time I was 35, but then they were in their mid/late 30s when I was born. My father died in his 60s; and my mother in her early 70s. Obviously we hope that parents live longer than that, but basic demographics and life expectancy charts show us that some people will not.

We live in an area with a lot of retirees, and at our ages, death is simply a fact of life. Rather than becoming morbid or fearful about this, I am simply hoping to have our financial affairs in order and to develop some constructive views about what happens after we inevitably die. Also, to visit people in the hospital. It makes a difference to them and their family members.

muchacho

I think an 8th house sun or stellium can signify people who think about death more than most.
That's the way I see it too. Somehow death is going to be a reappearing topic, and a central one since the Sun represents our core being. That can happen on a spiritual, mental, emotional or physical level. Just look at all the possible professions for the 8th house! But on what level it eventually manifests would depend on other chart factors and especially transits and also the state of awareness of the individual involved. Some people are not really aware of their thoughts and emotions and so they have to work thru their issues when they eventually manifest on a physical level where it catches their attention. Those who are more aware usually do it already on an emotional and mental level so that it doesn't actually have to manifest physically for them.