Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Celebrity Astrology

Celebrity Astrology For interesting threads on celebrities' natal charts and lives, which provide an excellent educational opportunity for us all.

Unread 10-21-2008, 10:36 AM

Angelina Jolie Venus on Asc

I just read that Angelina Jolie has Venus on the Asc natally. Just wondering if anyone else have it? Would you say that you beauty stands out?

I think Angelina is beautiful of course, although she could eat some more but she must be too busy with all those kids, lol.

Last edited by wilsontc; 10-21-2008 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Thread is about a celebrity so moved to "Celebrity Astrology"
Unread 10-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to swanlimbus Send a message via Yahoo to swanlimbus
Re: Angelina Jolie Venus on Asc

Unread 10-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Kerrie, I think it depends on a bit more than only that Venus conjunct the Asc. There are beauties who have Sun-Venus conjunctions. Neptune also adds a mesmerizing quality and an aspect from Venus to Pluto adds charisma.
Unread 10-21-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink
Kerrie, I think it depends on a bit more than only that Venus conjunct the Asc. There are beauties who have Sun-Venus conjunctions. Neptune also adds a mesmerizing quality and an aspect from Venus to Pluto adds charisma.
Too bad I dont have any of them, lol .
Unread 10-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Banned

censoring my private mail now Radu?
Unread 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Banned

big brother is stopping me talking to julia

Re: New Moon September 29 2008

you should refrain from censoring my private messages Radu

300 - Sway (the roof is on fire)
Unread 10-22-2008, 07:44 AM

Smile Re: Angelina Jolie Venus on Asc

Hi Kerrie,

This is a very interesting subject. Thank you for bringing it up. I have been thinking about this for some time and I'm grateful to find this thread.

Just to add my couple of cents, actually, I don't believe that planets give beauty BUT I do believe they may amplify the beauty that already exists (or at least give some power of attraction to the less blessed people). Angelina Jolie seems to owe her beauty to her late mother and I think her Venus-Ascendant conjunction is just a final touch to what she already has.

Brooke Shields has her Venus conjoining the Midheaven (MC), which is another example of a placement amplifying beauty. Her beauty (Venus) has been in the public eye (MC) for years since she was a toddler.

Recently I got a great book on astrology for beginners. It is by Rae Orion and the title is "Astrology for Dummies". In Part V, Chapter 19, you will find the aspects that bring talents by category. There is a section on beauty, of course, and I would be glad to share what Orion says about it:

"Venus amplifies beauty, particularly when it is:

Conjunct the Ascendant, the Sun, the Moon, the Midheaven, or the ruler of the Ascendant.

In the 1st or 10th house.

In Taurus or Libra, the signs it rules.

Not everybody with a prominent Venus boasts a gorgeous face. What they do have is even more valuable: the power of attraction. An example is former President Bill Clinton. Hes a Leo (of course) with Venus in the first house in sociable Libra, the sign it rules. His Venus makes four conjunctions and two sextiles. So he easily attracts admirers. Hillary Rodham Clinton, on the other hand, has Venus in Scorpio, the sign of its detriment. With Venus conjunct her ruling planet (Mercury), she can be charming. But her Venus squares Saturn, Pluto, and Mars and makes an irritating (135) angle to the Moon and Ascendant. Not surprisingly, as a public personality, she has to work harder to make her case."

(End of quote)

Yuliana
Unread 10-22-2008, 11:45 AM

I win two = Venus conjunct MC and Venus in the 10th, lol. Thats great... so Venus amplifies beauty, so genetics plays a very big role, oh I understand, there are what you could think of as good looking men, but they are missing something, maybe its because of Venus, not making them beautiful. If you get what I mean, another Pisces moment .

Thank you Juliana.
Unread 10-22-2008, 01:04 PM

brad Pitt has venus conj moon, george clooney venus in first house, johnny depp venus conj merc in 10th, viggo mortenson has venus conj NN, orlando bloom has venus in 1st in pisces.

starlinks tips proved on the few i found.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 10-22-2008, 10:44 PM

Given that Venus is never more than two signs from the Sun, and thus a fair percentage of people with Venus on the Asc will have Sun in the 12th House... does this explain why so many of the good-looking ones are crazy?

(ducking)
Unread 10-23-2008, 01:07 AM

I have Venus conjunct the Ascendant (both in Taurus) in the first house. They trine Neptune and are in opposition to Pluto. The hard aspects from Pluto seem difficult though.
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolgatherer
I have Venus conjunct the Ascendant (both in Taurus) in the first house. They trine Neptune and are in opposition to Pluto. The hard aspects from Pluto seem difficult though.

Actually, square from Pluto to Venus actually creaty a 'sex appeal' to the other gender. People are usually drawn to that. But I would think the orb would have to be fairly tight (1 or 2 degrees) for it to be very noticeable. But I would think either way you'd be a good looking person just with the Taurus ascendant and Venus in the 1st with it.
Unread 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM

I actually think she is one of the most unattractive people I have ever seen. I found that a lot of venus on asc people are sometimes not all that good looking! But they attract people.
Unread 10-25-2008, 03:22 PM

Very interesting topic.
However, there is one example that does't match with what has been said here. I have Taurus ascendant, Sun conjunct Venus in Pisces and Venus trine Pluto. I guess it should make person either very beautiful or very attractive, however, I wouldn't say it applys to me correctly. I'm not saying this to complain, but the fact is, people have never been really attracted by me, and I would consider myself rather normal-looking than beautiful. It's usually me who gets attracted strongly - often by people whose Venus is not even as strongly placed as mine, and yet I find them more attractive than myself. Anyone has an explanation for this?
Unread 10-25-2008, 03:42 PM

Your Venus must be getting burnt out by the Sun. Plus, it's not always the 'rule' that people with Libra/Taurus rising will be good looking. There are some other factors, most notably genetics. But in your case you said Venus was conjunct the Sun and planets near the Sun are usually considered to lose power and be less effective. I wonder if that's mitigated by the fact that Venus is in its exaltation in Pisces, but I think the Sun overpowers that sort of thing, unfortunately. Also, we are always going to be harder on ourselves than others are. It's easy to say 'I don't feel good looking at all' but that's only our perception. Other people might think you are the most beautiful thing they've ever seen. I have Taurus rising, Venus in an angle conjunct the IC, and squared Pluto to the degree and sometimes I feel like the most hideous person on earth but it never ceases to amaze me the attention I seem to get.
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimnotcool
Your Venus must be getting burnt out by the Sun. Plus, it's not always the 'rule' that people with Libra/Taurus rising will be good looking. There are some other factors, most notably genetics. But in your case you said Venus was conjunct the Sun and planets near the Sun are usually considered to lose power and be less effective. I wonder if that's mitigated by the fact that Venus is in its exaltation in Pisces, but I think the Sun overpowers that sort of thing, unfortunately. Also, we are always going to be harder on ourselves than others are. It's easy to say 'I don't feel good looking at all' but that's only our perception. Other people might think you are the most beautiful thing they've ever seen. I have Taurus rising, Venus in an angle conjunct the IC, and squared Pluto to the degree and sometimes I feel like the most hideous person on earth but it never ceases to amaze me the attention I seem to get.
It's a bit confusing about Sun conjunctions - in some sources you can read that it strenghtens the planet, in some - that it weakens it. Mine is 5 degrees, but I know a very pretty girl who has very close Sun-Venus conjunction in Aries. Maybe the reason is all that sittig in my 12th house (which can be blamed about just anything ). That's interesting, do you have Venus in Leo or Cancer?

Last edited by reallypisces; 10-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:40 PM

I've heard that a planet gains significant strength when it is within 17 minute arc of the Sun, but the after that most of the sources I've seen have seemed to indicate a diminishing strength of the planet involved. I could be wrong though! I wasn't saying that a Venus-Sun conjunct would make someone unattractive by any means, I was just saying that might be a reason you're feeling the way that you do about appearance. And yes, I have Venus in Leo.
Unread 10-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Angelina has her Venus in the 12th house conjuncting the ASC,
if her birth-time is really 9.09am.

I've understood that Venus in the 12th is accidentally dignified being placed there. I think Grace Kelly (?) also had Venus in 12th.
Unread 10-27-2008, 05:02 AM

What about aspects between Venus and Aquarius? I've noticed that most models and attractive celebrities have good aspects to them (sextile, conjunction, and trine).
Unread 10-27-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
ReallyPisces wrote:
Very interesting topic.
However, there is one example that does't match with what has been said here. I have Taurus ascendant, Sun conjunct Venus in Pisces and Venus trine Pluto. I guess it should make person either very beautiful or very attractive, however, I wouldn't say it applys to me correctly. I'm not saying this to complain, but the fact is, people have never been really attracted by me, and I would consider myself rather normal-looking than beautiful. It's usually me who gets attracted strongly - often by people whose Venus is not even as strongly placed as mine, and yet I find them more attractive than myself. Anyone has an explanation for this?
I cannot believe that you are not attractive to others with these positions.

When I was young and even now, people say that I am very attractive (my daughter even commented yesterday on that, imagine!). I have been a model
for many years.
I am a Taurus and my Venus is in fall in Aries in the 5th house but conjuncts my Mars (traditional ruler of my Asc.) and trines Pluto (Modern ruler of my Asc.). Venus rules my 12th house. Venus is opposed by Neptune. Now I dont know which one of these positions have given me these looks for which I am very greatful no doubt.(Genes I guess, both my mother and father could have been moviestars).
But what IS strange is that up till I was 17, I was an ugly duckling!! I was pestered like you wont believe it.
One day however, an old lady came to me and said: girl, you should laugh a bit more often, it makes you look so pretty!! You are always so serious!! WOW, that one remark changed my life. From that moment on I laughed and I still get remarks from many people who say: You are always so cheerful!! Believe me, I really am not always that cheerful, but I have started believing in smiling and how it affects your looks.
This also show me that beauty has not only and everything to do with being really beautiful ( high cheekbones and what not). It is also about what you radiate to the outer world. It is the inner beauty which more often than not make a person very attractive and even sexy.

So ReallyPisces, I am sure that you can be very attractive if you ask me.
Unread 10-28-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlink
I cannot believe that you are not attractive to others with these positions.

When I was young and even now, people say that I am very attractive (my daughter even commented yesterday on that, imagine!). I have been a model
for many years.
I am a Taurus and my Venus is in fall in Aries in the 5th house but conjuncts my Mars (traditional ruler of my Asc.) and trines Pluto (Modern ruler of my Asc.). Venus rules my 12th house. Venus is opposed by Neptune. Now I dont know which one of these positions have given me these looks for which I am very greatful no doubt.(Genes I guess, both my mother and father could have been moviestars).
But what IS strange is that up till I was 17, I was an ugly duckling!! I was pestered like you wont believe it.
One day however, an old lady came to me and said: girl, you should laugh a bit more often, it makes you look so pretty!! You are always so serious!! WOW, that one remark changed my life. From that moment on I laughed and I still get remarks from many people who say: You are always so cheerful!! Believe me, I really am not always that cheerful, but I have started believing in smiling and how it affects your looks.
This also show me that beauty has not only and everything to do with being really beautiful ( high cheekbones and what not). It is also about what you radiate to the outer world. It is the inner beauty which more often than not make a person very attractive and even sexy.

So ReallyPisces, I am sure that you can be very attractive if you ask me.
I agree. Beauty is ATTITUDE.
Unread 10-28-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana_angelova
Hi Kerrie,

This is a very interesting subject. Thank you for bringing it up. I have been thinking about this for some time and I'm grateful to find this thread.

Just to add my couple of cents, actually, I don't believe that planets give beauty BUT I do believe they may amplify the beauty that already exists (or at least give some power of attraction to the less blessed people). Angelina Jolie seems to owe her beauty to her late mother and I think her Venus-Ascendant conjunction is just a final touch to what she already has.

Brooke Shields has her Venus conjoining the Midheaven (MC), which is another example of a placement amplifying beauty. Her beauty (Venus) has been in the public eye (MC) for years since she was a toddler.

Recently I got a great book on astrology for beginners. It is by Rae Orion and the title is "Astrology for Dummies". In Part V, Chapter 19, you will find the aspects that bring talents by category. There is a section on beauty, of course, and I would be glad to share what Orion says about it:

"Venus amplifies beauty, particularly when it is:

Conjunct the Ascendant, the Sun, the Moon, the Midheaven, or the ruler of the Ascendant.

In the 1st or 10th house.

In Taurus or Libra, the signs it rules.

Not everybody with a prominent Venus boasts a gorgeous face. What they do have is even more valuable: the power of attraction. An example is former President Bill Clinton. Hes a Leo (of course) with Venus in the first house in sociable Libra, the sign it rules. His Venus makes four conjunctions and two sextiles. So he easily attracts admirers. Hillary Rodham Clinton, on the other hand, has Venus in Scorpio, the sign of its detriment. With Venus conjunct her ruling planet (Mercury), she can be charming. But her Venus squares Saturn, Pluto, and Mars and makes an irritating (135) angle to the Moon and Ascendant. Not surprisingly, as a public personality, she has to work harder to make her case."

(End of quote)

Yuliana

I am a libra rising with venus in taurus conjunct moon in taurus....moon followed by venus are my midheavens closest aspects...

I am good at picking out rising signs...but lately I have noticed that depending on what sign the ascendant is and how strong that sign is its very hard without knowing the ruler....scorpio and leo are very easy to spot physically(leo can be hard sometimes because the sun is very powerful and no matter what rising sign except for something very powerful...they tend to look like a leo) scorpio risings have the hooked-beaked noses while scorpios are just usually big.....anyway to most other signs I see tend to look like the ruler.....I am a gemini with libra rising....you would think I would be a tall slender guy huh.....I look like a taurus...I have broad shoulders and a VERY muscular body.....even when I was a baby....I was a premie when I was born(I was supposed to be a leo I was 6 weeks early)my mom said her and her friends would joke around when holding me because I had little bisceps and a muscular little body....I am 5'11 very broadshoulders with large bones a muscular build...my mom is 5'6 cancer with a leo ascendant and pluto and venus in the first house...my dad is 5'6 smaller than my mom libra with an aquarius ascendant and jupiter in the first.....

when I was a kid I was very oppositional....when I was 12-13 (1997-1998) I was one of the kids they put on drugs to deal with behavioral problems(I evenutually got off...long story) anyway they did this as I was going through puberty....I gained a ton of weight(moon and venus in taurus square jupiter in aquarius?) unnaturally(My body has the worst stretch marks) and no matter how heavy I got...I never looked as heavy as I weighed...(libra balances the weight all over the body and taurus muscular physique just made me look like a big dude instead of a really fat guy) I looked like a chubbier version of the hulk from the 1980's(lou ferrigo)....I went up and down for the last 10 years and even in my teens tried to lose the weight unhealthily but now 10 years later I am finnally losing this weight...so to answer your questions about beauty I never ever felt beautiful...quite the opposite...I had tonnnnssss of body issues...but the weight never felt natural and its allways felt like if I lost the weight I would be beautiful....now I am closer than ever(and leading a very healthy lifestyle this time around) and I am finding it to be more and more true...so I will let you guys know.......I also have pluto in scorpio in the first house.. opposite my moon and venus....now I can say I have allways had (A TON OF charisma) and I am very likeable.....in fact I have recently noticed that my employers even though they want to get rid of me(both jobs) couldn't because they like me so much.....when I got my first natal chart reading I walked in the room and the astrologer was like....you took attention right when you came in...you must be a leo rising lol........anyway I have venus trine neptune and mars aspect neptune too as does my sun oh and my sun aspects pluto as well lol.....

anway I have noticed that many people look like the ruler of there ascendant rather than there ascendant....my point....(I am a gemini folks)
Unread 11-05-2008, 04:37 PM

I have a friend who is really beautiful (she is told that she could be a movie star on occasion).

But she does not have any of the aspects listed above.

Her Ascendant's ruling planet is conjunct Saturn in Libra (its exaltation). And her Ascendant's ruling planet is trine her ASC by 0 degrees.

Could that do it?
Unread 11-05-2008, 05:28 PM

Hello all,
Ok here is my two cents. Venus trining or sextiling the Ascendant can also make one appear very attractive(even pretty, beautiful), the same for Sun semi sextile Venus, AND Venus conjunct the ruler of the Ascendant can make one very attractive. Venus trine or sextile Mars gives sex appeal, the same for Venus trine or sextile Pluto.
Another side note when discussing picking out rising signs. I have consistently noticed across the board that people who have Libra rising carry most of their weight in the lower half of their bodies and in a lot of cases would be considered "pear bodied," while Leo rising carry most of their weight in their upper bodies(legs tend to be proportionally thinner than the upper). The other consistent trait I have seen with Scorpio rising is that they are usually not above average height, sometimes a little on the shorter side and have pretty if not "penetrating" eyes. Of course genetics play a big role, but these observations have been the most consistent from what I have seen personally. Lastly, Moon conjunct the Ascendant gives one a round face, while Moon or Jupiter conjunct the Ascendant will usually indicate a weight problem.
Vista
Unread 11-25-2008, 12:48 PM

I have ascendent in libra and venus sextile ascendent. Also mars in libra in the 1st house.

On first look, I think people are generally attracted to me.

However I also have venus conjuct uranus and moon square venus. I have been abused in the past ( i think that maybe uraus/venus) and sometimes I have had bfs in the past that I believe have seen me as a "status symbol" and had little respect for me. I'm not sure what the moon/ venus square suggests...

Last edited by Psychotik; 11-25-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Tags
angelina, jolie, venus