Let's Play Octaves

I used to play this game with my old astrology group. Here is how it goes, we pick 2 planets and an aspect and then we name all of the possible ways that it will manifest in a person's life. The lower octaves tend to be negative, while the higher octaves tend to be more positive. For example: Sun square Mars, this could indicate an individual who has anger issues, violence, aggression, this could be someone that has a fiery personality, assertive, an athlete, a martial artist, a welder, etc...

Ok so let's try Mars opposed Pluto. List as many possible ways that this aspect could manifest, both good and bad.

katydid

With an opposition, this volatile Mars/Pluto energy can go in many different ways.

In Lower Octave scenarios, the native can be the victim or the victimizer, when a powerful opposition like this is prominent. Sometimes the bully, sometimes the bullied, sometimes both.

Marlon Brando was a big bully. And Woody Allen.

Mars/Pluto is raw physical energy, powerful forceful behavior, that needs to be controlled and contained. When it is seen in it's higher octave vibration it is often seen in the charts of champions, successful athletes, famous actors, musicians:

Pitbull [rapper], Junkyard Dog, Faith Evans
Gray Maynard, Donald Cerrone, Sergay kervalov[fighters],
Russell Brand, Lily Tomlin, Keira Knightley etc

Allen Iverson, Tobias Harris, Ricky Williams [athletes]

I have seen this aspect, in charts of those who were victims of child abuse or sexual abuse, at the hands of authority figures.

[ One such chart was a woman with Mars in Taurus in 6th, opposed Pluto in Scorpio in 12th, both squaring Saturn in Aquarius in 3rd. And she was sexually abused by a teacher for 2 years, who had begun dating her mother, so he could have access to her. ]

This aspect is also prominent in people who want TO PROTECT THE VULNERABLE.

Tippie Hedren devoted her life to protecting exotic animals who were exploited sand abused.

Angle Jolie spent years working for UNICEF.

Justin Trudeau, announced his country was a safe haven for refugees.

Aklso Andre 3000--political activist

This aspect is also evident in charts of those who like to SHOCK others. A few very outspoken comedians/directors who push the envelope:

Woody Allen, Andy Kaufman, Shawn Wayans, Wes Craven, Keisha, Daniel Tosh.

Has anyone seen Daniel Tosh's stand up specials? He is very funny but very 'shocking' ---going way overboard on the anti-political-correctness bandwagon.

Last edited:

Animatrix

Venus square Neptune:
1. People who fall madly in love only to be disappointed later on, when their lover is not as good as they thought he/she was.

2. People who fall madly in love with a criminal or an invalid whom they feel they must help/save, only to find themselves frustrated over and over again when the object of their affection does not want to/cannot be helped/saved.

3. People who fall madly in love with someone who is unable to commit for some reason, and they long for him/her until the end of their lives, and live in confusion and uncertainty, never knowing what the object of their affection felt for them. The Neptunian hope for perfect love never dies, but the dream may not be fulfilled.

4. People who fall madly in love with someone who abuses them, yet they do not break up with the person, because they are too dependent on him/her.

This can also manifest in relationships with friends:

1. People who idealize their friends and are unable/unwilling to see their flaws until they become so obvious that disillusionment is inevitable.

2. People who are required, but also willing, to help disabled or otherwise needy friends, with no success.

3. People who lose contact with their friends but continue to miss them and search for them, yet without finding them and forever uncertain if their friends feel the same affection for them as they do for them.

4. People who let their friends walk over them, pick on them, bully them and abuse them, even betray them, and who are unable to stand up for themselves.

This can also manifest in these ways:

1. People who are addicted to drugs and alcohol, and use these substances as a means of escape from the cold reality.

2. People who spend most of their lives in their heads, daydreaming about something that is not of this world. Something that cannot be found, nor be attained.

3. People who are constantly trying to improve their physical body and appearance in some way, through cosmetics, surgery, exercise and diet, only to find themselves disappointed when the desired result proves to be impossible to achieve.

4. People who are addicted to gambling, and eventually lose everything and everyone.

5. Confusion regarding sexuality.

Last edited:
Mars opposed Pluto: soldier, spy, detective, grave digger, under taker, excavator, butcher, rapist, mobster, gang member, darth vader, villain, sexual obsession, and bdsm.

Mars/Pluto aspects are especially dangerous in the natal charts of women. It could indicate sexual abuse. Also Mars describes the type of man that a heterosexual woman is attracted to.

Animatrix

Mars opposed Pluto: soldier, spy, detective, grave digger, under taker, excavator, butcher, rapist, mobster, gang member, darth vader, villain, sexual obsession, and bdsm.

Mars/Pluto aspects are especially dangerous in the natal charts of women. It could indicate sexual abuse. Also Mars describes the type of man that a heterosexual woman is attracted to.

Mars-Pluto aspects are dangerous even in the charts of men, they can either be victims or perpetrators.

I have Mars opposite Pluto.

I'm male and was bullied growing up and beaten by parents.. guess i got the lower octave?

Don't make me angry though. :alien: :wink:

Mars in Taurus 2nd house, Pluto in Scorpio 8th house.

AppLeo

Mars/Pluto Positive: Survivalist, "till the dead", having grit, not giving up, deep sex, not afraid of violence, not afraid to experience something intense, winning a fight against enemies, losing a fight and coming back stronger, a sense of immunity to death, not afraid of death, "actions speak louder than words"

Mars/Pluto Negative: adrenaline addict, obsessive actions, physical death, killing themselves or others, sexual abuse to them or others, buried anger, someone who can't "let go", someone who acts upon evil desires

Last edited:
I have Mars opposite Pluto.

I'm male and was bullied growing up and beaten by parents.. guess i got the lower octave?

Don't make me angry though. :alien: :wink:

Mars in Taurus 2nd house, Pluto in Scorpio 8th house.

I'm sorry to hear about your abuse. Would you like to tell us about how else your Mars/Pluto opposition has influenced you or how you have used it? Since it is in your 2nd/8th has it affected your financial situation or some other area of your life?

Mars/Pluto Positive: Survivalist, "till the dead", having grit, not giving up, deep sex, not afraid of violence, not afraid to experience something intense, winning a fight against enemies, losing a fight and coming back stronger, a sense of immunity to death, not afraid of death, "actions speak louder than words"

Mars/Pluto Negative: adrenaline addict, obsessive actions, physical death, killing themselves or others, sexual abuse to them or others, buried anger, someone who can't "let go", someone who acts upon evil desires

Excellent interpretation, when it comes to Mars/Pluto aspects, I think of James Bond, Indiana Jones, or maybe Jet Lee. This type of person is not necessarily looking for a fight, but if you cross them, they will get you when you least expect it. Something like an assassin, hit man, murder/mystery character, etc...

I'm sorry to hear about your abuse. Would you like to tell us about how else your Mars/Pluto opposition has influenced you or how you have used it? Since it is in your 2nd/8th has it affected your financial situation or some other area of your life?

Over came my father.. not in the same way but as an intimidating force.
I could easily destroy people and give up all sensitivity and niceness i really have, but that goes against my true nature.

Push someone far enough and watch what happens when they come back 10 times harder than you, no sense of feeling, no remorse.

I have Pluto trine my Sun and Jupiter so it helps offset it plus the opposition to Mars is not too much of a strong aspect.

I have won every fight i could be bothered to fight.. when i never fight i don't lose, i choose not to fight.

Mars in Taurus gives me that ability, but there is the side that if you prod at me long enough then i can't contain it and that has no choice but to come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMu3k2uoP6Q

Saturn trine Mars, Sun square Mars, Moon conjunct Mars. It is not just Pluto aspecting Mars here.

Mars sextile Ascendant and Mars sextile Venus, it also squares Mercury for me.

Protective? extremely i will take you down if you so much as think you can bully anyone who is vulnerable or anyone who is a part of my family.

Someone mentioned Angelina Jolie, she is also a Moon conjunct Mars person, except in Aries.

Read this for how Moon - Mars works.
Though nothing is solid we all are different, but this is 90% accurate.

http://astroarena12.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/moon-mars-aspects-defender.html

Financially everything relies on my will power and strength to work hard, which my 2nd house is in Aries and i have a VERY assertive way of getting money, at least work...

I will work hard and i do.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Excellent interpretation, when it comes to Mars/Pluto aspects, I think of James Bond, Indiana Jones, or maybe Jet Lee. This type of person is not necessarily looking for a fight, but if you cross them, they will get you when you least expect it. Something like an assassin, hit man, murder/mystery character, etc...

I think of Lord Voldemort. He's afraid of death and does whatever he can to beat mortality. And he kills several people along the way.

Or the teens in the Hunger Games. Especially Katniss Everdeen.

Last edited:

UraSatVen1029

I have the Mars square Pluto. (6 degree orb) I'm a female, but I haven't been sexually abused or taken advantage of. But, I was verbally bullied and isolated as a young child. It was almost like emotional abuse, and sometimes the bully would go as far as pushing me to the ground when he gets really mad. Well, is spanking using a waist belt considered physical abuse? My dad and my nanny did this to me because I was often being disobedient, but yeah it was rather painful.

I used to resonate with the negative vibrations before. I had obsessive actions, I don't express anger so openly just to avoid more drama so I bury them whenever I can, I also was motivated by revenge and evil acts as a way of payback, and I also can't let go of things and people.

However as time passed by, this manifested as strong drive and ambition. Energy. I started adapting the "not giving up" mentality, the grit, took martial arts classes to embrace violence in a way, acceptance of losing and coming back stronger, but I'm still rather uncomfortable with death. And I need to work on the "actions speak louder than words" too.

I think I can say that my Mars square pluto is somewhat part of me being very ambitious, determined, energetic and intense with hardwork and goals. I also think that I'm extremely different when I burst out in anger, and so far, I exploded ONCE, it surprised everyone who witnessed and it didn't even last long. I dread it though, because I think once I explode again and last longer, I won't even care anymore and can possibly hurt anyone. That's scary to think about. I'm usually extremely diplomatic and considerate, and even really gentle but goodness I fear for the day when my anger is finally breaking free from my self-control.