Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 08-03-2016, 12:48 PM

Re: Mercury Uranus Natal Aspects - Quick Reactions

Hmmm.... Interesting because I have mercury sextile Uranus and im slow in thinking, slow in reading, and slow in movement. However, I appear as though I am fast because I rush a lot and I am very restless and fidgety and frustrated and impulsive.

Unread 08-03-2016, 12:54 PM

I guess I was questioning whether signs have anything to do with it because I think a Pisces Mercury isn't the best at navigating through what is fact and what they think is fact. So while my husband may have intuition, it is not always RIGHT. So I was thinking that maybe if this aspect was in an Air sign (dignity/exalted) that it would play out differently. But waybread has said otherwise for herself.
Unread 08-03-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
Hmmm.... Interesting because I have mercury sextile Uranus and im slow in thinking, slow in reading, and slow in movement. However, I appear as though I am fast because I rush a lot and I am very restless and fidgety and frustrated and impulsive.
Haha I process things a million miles per minute - quick in movement, very faster reader, faster speaker. My Mercury trines Saturn, so you would think it would be the opposite. But it is in Air, so there's the quickness. Is your Mercury in earth?
Unread 08-03-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjelik View Post
Haha I process things a million miles per minute - quick in movement, very faster reader, faster speaker. My Mercury trines Saturn, so you would think it would be the opposite. But it is in Air, so there's the quickness. Is your Mercury in earth?
Yeah well this is what's baffled me for such a long time. I often wonder if im too fast that I have to reread the sentence or if it's more a problem with me absorbing the information. I mean I can read faster if I read out loud, but if I read inside my head I can do it half the speed of others and my mind wanders off. For some reason I need the volume but would prefer ppl to talk to me. that's the best way I learn. My mum's the same. I will say though that I talk a million words per second, yes. I can never get the words out fast enough. My mercury is in libra and Uranus in sag.

Last edited by Abby83; 08-03-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Unread 08-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Abby, with that aspect, you probably only think you're slow moving, slow thinking because your Merc Uranus is running the show? Do you consider yourself clumsy?

Regarding the Pisces influence, imagine Merc & Uranus moving together through a Neptunian fog.

Anjelik, the exaltation makes me biased on this subject. I have Merc Aquarius opp Uranus Leo and Sun Aquarius.

Last edited by Kitchy; 08-03-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 08-03-2016, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Abby, with that aspect, you probably only think you're slow moving, slow thinking because your Merc Uranus is running the show? Do you consider yourself clumsy?

Regarding the Pisces influence, imagine Merc & Uranus moving together through a Neptunian fog.

Anjelik, the exaltation makes me biased on this subject. I have Merc Aquarius opp Uranus Leo and Sun Aquarius.
No I actually am slower than others with walking, cooking in class, and I'm usually the slowest reader in the class. I skip words and then have to go back and read it very slowly which takes forever. I would rather skip to the chase. I am very clumsy and accident prone but id say its the mars square Uranus in my chart that causes that.
Unread 08-04-2016, 12:17 AM

I have the conjunction in my 9th house sag. I think it's true the quick reactions although mercury in sag is not the best place. I also have jupiter mercury conjunction and think that this aspect can contribute to the quick reactions.
Unread 08-04-2016, 03:31 AM

See, I don't have any Uranus/Mercury connections but I'm very mentally nimble. I am a quick reader, I process things quickly and I even have quick hands. There have been two instances in the last week where something was falling or blowing in the wind and I caught it with one hand. I have very good hand/eye coordination.

With all of that being said. I struggle with more complex things - so math and astrology are challenging for me. In terms of astrology the mathmatical portions of it is very challenging for me to grasp, which is why I know I will never be a professional. But I do understand how it all works. I just will never be able to delve deep as others who can see
midpoints, etc. I really do struggle there and get very lost.

Last edited by anjelik; 08-04-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Unread 08-04-2016, 06:00 AM

Isn't Mercury-Mars quick too??
Unread 08-04-2016, 11:25 PM

I have Uranus/leo in 1st square merc/mars conjunction in Scorp 4th (with Juno sitting midpoint between merc/mars).
I very much agree with the quick of thought/reflexes etc...
With the square and merc/mars I have to watch my sharp tongue, but also find good outlets in many activities and creative endeavors.
The juno more problematic...never married.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kuntuzangmo For This Useful Post:
Kitchy (08-05-2016)
Unread 08-05-2016, 01:38 AM

I think we also speak quickly- faster than our mouths can keep up, for me anyway. I have the opposition.
Unread 08-06-2016, 05:55 AM

Hi Kitchy -

I was just thinking about why I'm such a slow reader and realised my 3rd house ruler is in the 12th house (cadent, slow). I think this is why.
Unread 08-06-2016, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Hi Kitchy -

I was just thinking about why I'm such a slow reader and realised my 3rd house ruler is in the 12th house (cadent, slow). I think this is why.
How does a cadent house have anything to do with being slow?? I've never heard that before.
Unread 08-06-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
How does a cadent house have anything to do with being slow?? I've never heard that before.
Angular houses/cardinal signs are fast. Succedent houses/ mutable signs are medium speed. Cadent houses/fixed signs are the slowest. This can be used in timing for horary, but also in progressed chart. Eg: one might look at a progressed mars in progressed 10th house which would mean the person is quite mobile/ moves about a lot, active, good for weight loss.
Unread 08-06-2016, 10:10 AM

Talking Re: Mercury Uranus Natal Aspects - Quick Reactions

Uranus in Scorpio (5th), Mercury in Pisces (9th) for my Aquarius Sun/Moon self. What does this mean in my natal chart? Other than it means I'm kinda weird (and proud of it).
Unread 08-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hi Kitchy -

Good point to notice, Abby - mine are in angular 1/7 houses. One of my ex'es long ago used to joke that I was "flash gordon" when I did housework. What took him 4 hours to do, I could do in 2 hours. I told him I hated doing housework and wanted to get it over with.

As for the slow reading - I wonder if either of the planets are retro?
Unread 08-07-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchy View Post
Good point to notice, Abby - mine are in angular 1/7 houses. One of my ex'es long ago used to joke that I was "flash gordon" when I did housework. What took him 4 hours to do, I could do in 2 hours. I told him I hated doing housework and wanted to get it over with.

As for the slow reading - I wonder if either of the planets are retro?
I also HATE doing house work and want to get it over and done with too . My husband complains I don't do a thorough enough job and I cut corners. My 3rd house ruler is not retro, but it is Saturn... which I would imagine is restrictive?
Unread 08-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Earth Mercury sextile fire Uranus. Both Mercury and Uranus are part of a stellium. Uranus located in the 3rd.

The good: very good intuition, quick reactions, trust my gut very much.

The bad: impatient, want to see things happening fast, lack of focus for a longer period of time, learning many things at the same time, not patient enough to finish them, very restless. Sleep problems, I find it hard to relax.

I also have Uranus square Sun and sextile Ascendant, guess these are also to blame for the restlessness.
Unread 09-22-2016, 06:48 PM

I remembered something... (This is relevant, ok. Some people are visual-learners.)
A man named John had Mercury exalted in Aquarius square Uranus in Taurus.
[Disclaimer: To the more sensitive, turn down the volume if you click on the link. I'm just showing an example of this aspect.]
To illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oXW_YiV6g

Last edited by haidee; 09-25-2016 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Added a disclaimer *sigh*
Unread 09-30-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidee View Post
I remembered something... (This is relevant, ok. Some people are visual-learners.)
A man named John had Mercury exalted in Aquarius square Uranus in Taurus.
[Disclaimer: To the more sensitive, turn down the volume if you click on the link. I'm just showing an example of this aspect.]
To illustrate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oXW_YiV6g
I love it! Mercury on my AC square Uranus/Neptune conj. (3H). I have, what seems like, an alien intellect, intuiting information and understanding from mid-air. I also produce music, with an unusual, yet incredibly expressive voice. It doesn't feel as if the music I make belongs to me. I'm very much channeling, and in my most grounded state, I feel like a healer and a voice for the Universe to express itself.

Merlyn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merlyn For This Useful Post:
haidee (10-10-2016), katydid (09-30-2016)
Unread 11-09-2016, 09:37 PM

I have this with Mercury Conjunct Uranus, both in Aquarius. I've become a bit lazy when it comes to thinking nowadays, but back in high school I did have an extremely swift, bright mind. I did very well with grades and always loved debate - particularly because of the quickness that had to be involved in them. As for reflexes, they're pretty good. They can seem pretty jerky and ungraceful, but they actually helped me when playing certain sports.

Tags
aspects, mercury, natal, quick, reactions, uranus