Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)

Unread 11-21-2020, 10:57 AM

Chiron in the 12th house.

The 12th house shows the events that happened when the native was in his or her mother's womb. It shows what happened to the mother when she was pregnant with the native.

I want to ask the people born with Chiron in the 12th house what happened to their mother when she was pregnant with them.

Unread 12-28-2020, 06:10 PM

Re: Chiron in the 12th house.

I have Chiron in my 12th house (Placidus - I presume we're talking Placidus here), and my 12th is a very long house (not sure if it's the right expression), ranging almost through two signs and Chiron is sort of in the middle of it.

I was born later than my due date, I think about 2 weeks later, contractions were induced, but I was born with umbilica cord wrapped twice around my neck, and I guess that's about it.

I just spoke with my mother and she said she had no problems during the pregnancy, no nausea, nothing, aside from me and later my sibling too coming out late with no natural contractions. I was an unplanned child, and it is possible that my mother and father fought a bit during her pregnancy. They later got divorced.
Unread 04-01-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunW View Post
The 12th house shows the events that happened when the native was in his or her mother's womb. It shows what happened to the mother when she was pregnant with the native.

I want to ask the people born with Chiron in the 12th house what happened to their mother when she was pregnant with them.

Chiron is not an active planet energy and chiron alone - does nothing. In 12th - just showing - a wound and a (self) -healing potential one has to discover- what can have been caused by outer circumstances. Aspects of planets and sign quality will show - what happened.

Having effected mother during her pregnancy - ruler of 4th house has to be connected with chiron and aspecting chiron. If ruler of 5th house - for me house of father - is envolved, it is more about own father. If 3rd house ruler - siblings - is envolved it might be about own siblings.

Connected with ruler of 11th house and 6th house a medical diagnose in hospital- during pregnancy might have been witnessed as a shock of own mother and afterwards stored in own subconsciousness.
Unread 04-03-2021, 04:56 AM

SunW. this interpretation of 12th house planets was popularized by Dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag.

I'm not sure it's always correct.

For one thing, the 12th house has additional meanings, so it's not clear how you'd determine what 12th house placement describes Mum's pregnancy & childbirth, and which one/s show someone who is altruistic, reclusive, or simply clueless about that planet's meaning in her/his life.

If Chiron conjuncts the ascendant from the 12th, I'd see this as a "It hurts to be you" aspect.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 04-09-2021, 04:36 PM

Arrow Re: Chiron in the 12th house.

I have Juno (14' Cancer in 12th) conjunct ASC (17' 33" Cancer)...an asteroid representing the mother anyway, but I knew my Mom befriended my half-sis' Mom and when my half-sis was 9 when I was born in 1980, she named me Michael after herself (Michele) ... and the POF in 12th is also conjunct ASC when the Aquarius sun and moon (solar eclipse the next day) were conjunct in the 8th.
Unread 04-09-2021, 04:44 PM

Chiron is a malefic in astrology, therefore in the 12th indicates their mother's pregnancy experiences could be terrible or horrible. What about Pluto? I've read my bro's natal chart has Pluto in 12th (in Libra while his ASC is in Scorpio). He too and my nephew's 12th...and my recently passed Mom have the presence of...Juno in their 12th. And my Dad only had Eris in his Aries-ruled 12th. Pluto and Eris should have similarities to Chiron, but Pluto is a lot more malefic.
Unread 04-09-2021, 04:49 PM

And my own half-sis has a Leo ASC, but there weren't any planets (esp Chiron) in her 12th, but there's a "Node" in her 26' Leo conjunct 29' in ASC - her "True Node" is in 26' Aquarius, and nodes have astrological value in our natal charts.
Unread 04-09-2021, 09:29 PM

Question Re: Chiron in the 12th house.

Is there a house in the natal chart a woman uses to determine how her own pregnancy/birthing experience will be like, is it the 12th, maybe the 4th or 8th?

Edit: According to my search results, something in regard to the 6th and 7th houses, opposite 12th and 1st, the descendant opposes the ascendant.

Which planet is responsible for pregnancy?
Either Mercury or Saturn occupying the 7th makes a woman barren or who marries a person who is impotent, or is herself diseased. If the Moon aspected by Jupiter is in an upachayasthana from the Janam-rasi of man or if a friendly benefic or Venus aspects, he can get a woman become pregnant.

Would a Chiron placement in 6th, the house of illness ruled by Virgo, be an issue in a woman's pregnancy (whether current or future)?

And on a biological male's chart, would his wife/girlfriend/partner/spouse/significant other will have a healthy or unhealthy pregnancy?

Last edited by CapAquaPis; 04-09-2021 at 09:51 PM.
Unread 04-11-2021, 12:19 AM

Post Re: Chiron in the 12th house.

5th House: This House is mainly considered for child birth and pregnancy. ... It is interesting to know that some of the signs in the 5th house are considered as “Fertile Signs”, some as “Infertile Signs” and some as “Indecisive Signs” as far as pregnancy and childbirth are concerned.

Planets in the 5th house determines conception, the pregnancy experience and any issues in childbirth: 1. Jupiter, 2. Moon, 3. Venus, 4. Chiron, and 5. Juno. Also the planets in 5th to influence are Uranus, Neptune, Saturn, Mars and Pluto. We know the Moon, Chiron, Juno and nowadays Pluto aren't astronomical planets, but these planetary bodies hold significance in horoscopes and natal charts.

It comes down to this: 11th/12th houses related to conception, pregnancy and maternal health before our births. And the 1st house past Ascendant is our own infancy. And to predict pregnancy or how it'll go: 5th and 6th. And the woman's outcome of labor or birthing is the 7th.

Tags
12th, chiron, house