Cusp Sign Debacle - 5 planets in Cap but I'm not a Cap!

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to astrology - I have a basic understanding of interpreting the elements of a natal chart, but for my own I'm perplexed, particularly because I know my sun sign (technically) is a Capricorn and I have 5 planets in Capricorn, but I seem to be so much more Sagittarius. I was wondering of someone could check out my chart and see if they have any insight.

Thanks!
Shawna

182337_2968718272000_1569673597_n.jpg

poyi

Premium Member
Based on the housing system that you used here.

I think that is because you have Jupiter conjunct Ascendant in 1st house,

Ascendant=Self image, image I believe of myself as
1st house=Self

And Jupiter rules Sagittarius, 1st and 7th houses are both angular house, angular houses have much greater power than any other houses.

Also your North node in Pisces, Jupiter is the traditional ruler of this house also. You will also have some Pisces's characters.

Last edited:
Well my Ascendant is Taurus (probably) and the ruler of Taurus is Venus, which is in Sagittarius.

If Jupiter rules Sagittarius and it's in Taurus, and Venus rules Taurus and it's in Sagittarius, then what in the heck does that mean? Basically that I'm prone to extremes and complexities? I also have my moon in opposition to my sun, which looks to me like it points towards two opposite extremes (I do tend to be an extreme person).

I seriously can't figure it out.

poyi

Premium Member
Well my Ascendant is Taurus (probably) and the ruler of Taurus is Venus, which is in Sagittarius.

If Jupiter rules Sagittarius and it's in Taurus, and Venus rules Taurus and it's in Sagittarius, then what in the heck does that mean? Basically that I'm prone to extremes and complexities? I also have my moon in opposition to my sun, which looks to me like it points towards two opposite extremes (I do tend to be an extreme person).

I seriously can't figure it out.

I mean your Jupiter conjunct your ascendant therefore has higher power than Venus. Although your ascendant in Taurus, but is being highly influenced by the conjunction of Jupiter. Jupiter affects the meaning of your ascendant=Self image.

Venus and Jupiter are sharing mutual reception by signs (exchange), they should be interpreted as a pair due to exchange of energies. And they opposite to each other also.

You need to find balance between the two. It is good that they are in mutual reception, only the opposition made it a bit hard to handle.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Using a sidereal zodiac, all your Cap stuff moves back into Sag.

Staying in the tropical zodiac, and using the whole sign house system, all your Capricorn planets are in the house whose natural sign is Sagittarius, the 9th house.

IleneK

Premium Member
Venus and Jupiter are sharing mutual reception by signs (exchange), they should be interpreted as a pair due to exchange of energies. And they opposite to each other also.

You need to find balance between the two. It is good that they are in mutual reception, only the opposition made it a bit hard to handle.

A favorable consideration is that the opposition is out of sign and is almost 9 degrees apart, so perhaps Jupiter and Venus' mutual reception will be able to exchange energies more easily.

poyi

Premium Member
A favorable consideration is that the opposition is out of sign and is almost 9 degrees apart, so perhaps Jupiter and Venus' mutual reception will be able to exchange energies more easily.

I see. Didn't pay attention on studying the degrees so that is a lot less intense should be alright then. Thanks for the inform. :)

poyi

Premium Member
Staying in the tropical zodiac, and using the whole sign house system, all your Capricorn planets are in the house whose natural sign is Sagittarius, the 9th house.

Another very good point, I have Stellium in Scorpio but also behave a lot like Gemini, Mercury in 3rd plus 10th in Gemini so in the public Self section.

The concentration of planetary energy in whatever the house is will automatically express the natural characteristics of the natural sign and planet of that house. In my case Mercury in 3rd rules both 1st and 10th the ascendant and self that I believe and the self that I present to the public.

poyi

Premium Member

I have tried sidereal chart...all my Scorpio Stellium moved to Libra cusp and my Libra Venus moved to Virgo Venus then I suddenly felt myself looking ugly that is my psychological thing, since Venus Fall in Libra so sad! And I hate Leo ascendant very much :sideways:

But I think it would mean other things in different levels for sure, that is almost like cutting the apple in different sizes and pieces but is still from the same apple.

tsmall

Premium Member

Yeah, I noticed that also. Earthspirit, it is worth exploring your sidereal chart (mine resonates better for me) but a better question, to keep things simple, is why do you feel more like a Sag than a Capricorn?

dr. farr

In addition to the sidereal consideration, and also that as Ilenek mentioned, the Sun and other 4 planets are in the whole sign 9th house (whose "natural" sign affinity is Sagittarius), notice that the lord of the ascendant, Venus, is posited in Sagittarius, and that Venus and Jupiter (ruler of Sagittarius) are in mutual reception.

Yeah, I noticed that also. Earthspirit, it is worth exploring your sidereal chart (mine resonates better for me) but a better question, to keep things simple, is why do you feel more like a Sag than a Capricorn?

This community is amazing. Thanks for the awesome responses. To answer tsmall, I feel more like a sagittarius because I'm extremely spiritual, intellectual, philosophical, love learning, love nature, and often not driven (though I can be) as capricorn would indicate.

poyi

Premium Member
This community is amazing. Thanks for the awesome responses. To answer tsmall, I feel more like a sagittarius because I'm extremely spiritual, intellectual, philosophical, love learning, love nature, and often not driven (though I can be) as capricorn would indicate.

Other than Jupiter conjunct ascendant in angular house, stellium in 9th house in whole sign system, focusin aspects in the 9th. That might also partly because of your Neptune as part of the stellium sharing rulership with Jupiter and ruling your North node cusp in Pisece.

Mars in his own ruling sign in 12th house, spiritual house aspecting the Capricorn stellium in the 9th house of religion, philosphy, high education, foreign matters, higher mind, your drive Mars is pointing at your cravings.

Welcome to the forum! Good to have new members. It is Always More Fun to have more active members ;)

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I used "Craving" because I have Scorpio Stellium in the 3rd, I craved for all the things the 3rd house and Scorpio represented deeply intensed and with Pluto conjunct Saturn also in that house this craving for understanding, communication/sharing/exchange of knowledge (3rd house) is endless....

Capricorn is a very ambitious sign, your character is there to show your persistency from the ruling sign of Saturn. It demands you to push harder and futher until you achieve what you are after.

Oh nearly forgot about Mars Exalts in Capricorn and in 9th house :) hehehe very very powerful drive indeed!!!!

Last edited:

dr. farr

In addition to the sidereal consideration, and also that as Ilenek mentioned, the Sun and other 4 planets are in the whole sign 9th house (whose "natural" sign affinity is Sagittarius), notice that the lord of the ascendant, Venus, is posited in Sagittarius, and that Venus and Jupiter (ruler of Sagittarius) are in mutual reception.

Addenda to the above:

-Jupiter (dispositor of Sagittarius) is very prominent in this chart because:
a) Jupiter is in partile (near exact) conjunction with the ascending degree
b) Sun, Venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all in the FACE of Jupiter (ie the Jupiter decan of Capricorn)
c) the Sun is, in addition, in the monomoiria (degree rulership) of Jupiter
d) the MC is also in the monomoiria of Jupiter

-perhaps most importantly, there is the Part of Spirit (ascendant+sun-moon), which represents the innermost spiritual affinity of an individual: in this chart the Part of Spirit falls @ 1 SAGITTARIUS:biggrin:!

...so, even if we discount considerations regarding the sidereal zodiac or the "natural house sign affinities", indeed even if we discount the numerous important Jupiter connections, the placement of the Part of Spirit in Sagittarius, would clearly account for the OP's feelings and experiences as being, in essence, a "Sagittarian"....

poyi

Premium Member
dr farr

May I ask you some questions regarding to the POS, other than using part of spirit to look at a person inner most soul/spirit. What other things does it also indicate? Or any use in predictive astrology? My part of spirit is between the Sun and Mercury in 3rd conjunct both, but 2 degrees conjunction with Mercury 4 degrees to Sun.

Also have no ideas what is the actually full meaning of Part of Victory in 12th means.

Thanks a lot

poyi

Premium Member
Mercury is one degree away from the exact midpoint of the Bundle pattern of Mars/Moon's trine.

Is there a thread talked about this already or should start a thread to ask this question??

Thanks

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Addenda to the above:

-Jupiter (dispositor of Sagittarius) is very prominent in this chart because:
a) Jupiter is in partile (near exact) conjunction with the ascending degree
b) Sun, Venus, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are all in the FACE of Jupiter (ie the Jupiter decan of Capricorn)
c) the Sun is, in addition, in the monomoiria (degree rulership) of Jupiter
d) the MC is also in the monomoiria of Jupiter

-perhaps most importantly, there is the Part of Spirit (ascendant+sun-moon), which represents the innermost spiritual affinity of an individual: in this chart the Part of Spirit falls @ 1 SAGITTARIUS:biggrin:!

...so, even if we discount considerations regarding the sidereal zodiac or the "natural house sign affinities", indeed even if we discount the numerous important Jupiter connections, the placement of the Part of Spirit in Sagittarius, would clearly account for the OP's feelings and experiences as being, in essence, a "Sagittarian"....

dr. farr, I'm not so sure that this applies to all natives. I myself have Lot of Spirit in Aries, and I don't feel very Arian (though from what I'm told I can come across to others that way. :sideways:)

Again trying to keep it simple, and without conflating planet/sign (Jupiter/Sagittarius), as everyone has pointed out Jupiter is on the ascendant. Speaking from personal experience, since I also have Jupiter on the ASC within a degree, this placement alone will give a good indication of someone who is philosophical, spiritual, and loves learning. In the earth sign of Taurus, a love of nature. Retrograde (and so not really rising?) indicates a more contemplative nature, with less get up and go. Venus, the ASC ruler, is in the 8th whole sign from the ASC--setting. Again indicating withdrawl, contemplation. Mercury, Saturn and Sun in the 9th house of spirituality and higher learning is still more earthy energy directed towards those persuits. Venus, the ASC ruler, is in Sagittarius. Again going by personal experience, the sign position of the ASC ruler often has a great influence over how the native "feels" insofar as which sign they most closely identify with.

Not all Capricorn Suns are driven. My oldest daughter has Mercury and Sun in Capricorn in the 5th, Virgo rising, and is very much prone to laziness. :whistling: Unless she is creating (5th) something she is interested in. Then she won't stop until she's done.

I think a key thing to keep in mind when you are just starting out is that planets and signs are not the same thing, even though sometimes the generic descriptions of them seem to overlap. No matter what sign they are in, you still have Jupiter on the ASC, Venus setting, and several planets in your 9th house.

Judy_AzVirgo

I agree with TSmall. With due respect to others, there doesn't seem to be any need to juggle house systems or consider special (minor) points when Jupiter is so close to the Ascendant... it's a major influence on how this person expresses the Self.