Am I suitable to work in diplomatic position? If no, what should be my career choice?

Dunn

Hi, I´m very interested in international studies. I speak 3 different languages. I´d like to know if my birth chart indicates about my career. Am I suitable to be a diplomat? If not, what is the career I should go for?

I was always very sure about going for that career, but I´ve become more and more hesitant. The reason is that I´m not actually of an international studies background. I was an English major in college. From 2016, when I was out of college and started to work full-time, my job hunting hasn´t been easy at all. Recently, it´s been even worse! Now I can barely afford rent or food for myself, and my dreams of pursuing to become a diplomat has been stalled because of these real-life struggles. I´d like to know when I´ll at least get a stable job to support myself and go for my dreams. Is being a diplomat something I might be able to achieve in 5 years? In 5 years I´ll be 33. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_abc.58730.16336.png
    astro_w2gw_abc.58730.16336.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 26

mahaira

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.
You have several placements indication delays and confusion regarding your career.

Before I start, I'd like to know why do you believe that you want to be a diplomat? It's not something people usually decide to be early on, especially not children :)

Sun in 10th opposition Saturn in 4th bring about delays in your career. Not to mention that you have Chiron in 10th indicating some sort of obstacles in defining your dream job due to some deep "wound" that Chiron symbolizes, maybe connected to too high expectations from your father figure in your childhood. (sometimes it works in reverse, kids whose parents are constantly disappointed by them and have given up on them, dream of achieving greatness to prove them wrong).

Your 4th house (family, home) is full of pretty heavy planets and I'd say that here's where the confusion and restrictions come from. You may have adopted certain patterns and behaviors (ideas, principles) early on and without questioning them.

Being a diplomat involves contacts, communication with foreigners, so I'd say that you have aspects for that - foreign languages and communication with foreigners but I cannot say if it is enough. Your lord of the 10th - the Moon is in the 3rd house and your 9th house of higher education is in Gemini (languages, communication).

Your 10th in Cancer can speak of somehow continuing a family business (so if your parents were diplomats, that would be it ;), or dealing with homes, children, nourishment.... What further strengthens this idea is the fact that the lord of your 6th house is in the 4th (naturally Cancer) which deals with family, home.

But, the most important thing for you is to dig dip. Understand WHY you have this desire to be a diplomat and does it really suit you.
What have you done so far in that direction?
Have you done some internships in international organizations?
Have you checked out what UN policies are for accepting interpreters, translators (this could be your way in)?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but being diplomat is unfortunately reserved for a very small circle of usually very well connected people.

You're Sun is in the 10th so you can be ambitious or pretentious. Evaluate your options. Be realistic. Don't let your ego get the better of you.

Dunn

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.
You have several placements indication delays and confusion regarding your career.

Before I start, I'd like to know why do you believe that you want to be a diplomat? It's not something people usually decide to be early on, especially not children :)

I've always wanted to work globally, such as working for a global organization. I never want to just work in my home country. I love the diverse people and cultures of the world. Maybe it's more like working for a global organization for a humanitarian cause? I think it's such a great life to have to travel around the world and advocate for something good for everyone in the world.

Sun in 10th opposition Saturn in 4th bring about delays in your career. Not to mention that you have Chiron in 10th indicating some sort of obstacles in defining your dream job due to some deep "wound" that Chiron symbolizes, maybe connected to too high expectations from your father figure in your childhood. (sometimes it works in reverse, kids whose parents are constantly disappointed by them and have given up on them, dream of achieving greatness to prove them wrong).

Oh gosh, it's really because of the opposition between my Saturn and Sun.... I think I can totally confirm this reading, because everything you said is very true. Although as I've said I love working internationally, I swung between a lawyer, teacher, professor, and diplomat. All of these seemed like such wonderful careers to me, but there are also reasons I can't follow them. For instance, I decided not to become a teacher because I believed I'm not good with kids at all. I decided not to become a professor because it would take me to long to study instead of making money for myself and my family.

About the father part, it probably works in reverse for me. My father was very young when he had me and my siblings. He was barely home and responsible for bringing us up. I've had this idea since I was a child that I'll never become like him. I will economically support my family, but I can't even do that now!

Your 4th house (family, home) is full of pretty heavy planets and I'd say that here's where the confusion and restrictions come from. You may have adopted certain patterns and behaviors (ideas, principles) early on and without questioning them.

I'm pretty sure it's actually happening, but I can't identify which ones from my family have grown on me.

Being a diplomat involves contacts, communication with foreigners, so I'd say that you have aspects for that - foreign languages and communication with foreigners but I cannot say if it is enough. Your lord of the 10th - the Moon is in the 3rd house and your 9th house of higher education is in Gemini (languages, communication).

Do you think I can a better career choice? With this kind of bad situation in my life, tbh, I don't know what my strengths are. I don't really have passion for most things anymore.

Your 10th in Cancer can speak of somehow continuing a family business (so if your parents were diplomats, that would be it ;), or dealing with homes, children, nourishment.... What further strengthens this idea is the fact that the lord of your 6th house is in the 4th (naturally Cancer) which deals with family, home.

My father, from what I know, has always been jobless, and my mom works menial jobs. Sometimes i wonder if my situation comes as an inheritance from my parents. Now it seems like it can come from my father :andy:

But, the most important thing for you is to dig dip. Understand WHY you have this desire to be a diplomat and does it really suit you.
What have you done so far in that direction?
Have you done some internships in international organizations?
Have you checked out what UN policies are for accepting interpreters, translators (this could be your way in)?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but being diplomat is unfortunately reserved for a very small circle of usually very well connected people.

You're Sun is in the 10th so you can be ambitious or pretentious. Evaluate your options. Be realistic. Don't let your ego get the better of you.

I have plans for all these things, but the lack of job has been stalling all those. I want to make money on my own, use it to attend a school of international studies, and join activities of the international organization. I can't even make the first step done. That frustrates me, and I'm now at a very big loss. I'll re-evaluate myself when I have the salaries coming in, I think, but now it's all very dark in my head.

If it's ok, could you tell me if you think my birth chart indicate the signs of being overweight? I’ve been struggling with ever since I was a child. My weight always bounces up and down, and I’m now still on a diet to lose it. Also, does my birth chart indicate signs of homelessness? I think I’m really on the verge of it. Do you think my birth chart indicates where my prosperity will appear?

Thank you so much for such a detail reading! Please tell me if there’s more you can say about me and more information I can provide about myself. I’m very interested in any further advice and readings!

watcherofthesouth

You are just coming out of Shani Sati so that may explain your money issues (among other things). Over the next 2 years you will get more opportunities. It is also a time when you can be very depressed which may explain eating - however Pluto in the 2nd/square Jupiter may point to eating issues. You are meant for a diplomatic career as you are basically a double libra (Libra at 7 degrees which is a Libra degree - a typical sign of diplomats). That, plus a moon in Sagittarius means you will probably live abroad (giving more support for your diplomatic career). You have all the tools but Saturn is making you wait and suffer right now. Stay the course with odds and ends jobs but use the time to Learn about a diplomatic career/international issues and you will be surprised what you receive at the end of this tough period. Pluto may indicate that you will have great power (using your voice) but due to your True Node placement you must be careful of being too controlling/abusive in the work place. Otherwise it will lead to a great Rise/Fall in life. Be humble as you begin to achieve your goals.