Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 05-20-2018, 11:05 PM

Brilliance in Birthchart

Hi All:
New topic I thought would be fun for today...indicators of very bright or ingenious people.

I have to say I think Pisces should be one of the Sun signs that indicate brilliance, I'll go so far as to say Mercury in Pisces. What do you all think?

I would say conjuncts to Mercury are the strongest indicator, especially to Uranus, or any personal planet.

I like the "out of the box" Quoar conjunct Mercury...my daughter has this and is a gifted artist. Not one for standard education, though.

What are your thoughts?

Love to hear from you!
Hugs!
Maria

Unread 05-20-2018, 11:29 PM

Re: Brilliance in Birthchart

Hi,

Where is your daughter's Venus and what aspects does it make? Does she have anything in the 5th house and what is the 5th house ruler?

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda
The Following User Says Thank You to aquarius7000 For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-21-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 01:43 AM

Hello there,

Her 5th house is placed in Sun, Mercury, Venus, Quaoar & Pluto.
What do you think?

Maria
Unread 05-21-2018, 01:47 AM

-Just one more thing, Sagittarius rules her 5th house.
Thanks!
Unread 05-21-2018, 02:58 AM

I think aries can be strong and goodwill. They make great leaders. You must be smart for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliefactory123 For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-31-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:17 AM

Thanks for that.
Nothing that is not explained by the mainstream planets can be explained by Quaoar, so I don’t need to know about that. So is her Venus in Sag or Cap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mj66 View Post
Hello there,

Her 5th house is placed in Sun, Mercury, Venus, Quaoar & Pluto.
What do you think?

Maria
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:48 AM

It's in Sagittarius.

I think her 5th house placements show creativity. Even if you remove a Quaoar from the equation, IMHO.

Maria
Unread 05-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Depends on what you perceive as brilliance. Every chart holds a key to brillianc and uniqueness and not all manifests.

My natal chart has a lot of similar placements as Einstein's and yet I'm far from that haha. So just because a chart has signs of "brilliance " doesnt mean jt will manifest, just as the other way around is true. It's all about perception, and perception is strongly individual.
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentika For This Useful Post:
FiliaVeneris (07-17-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:28 PM

Aspects from Uranus to the Sun or Mercury. Also, probably 9th and 3rd houses, Aquarius and Aries play into it.

Last edited by Sagcap88; 05-21-2018 at 08:33 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sagcap88 For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-21-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Hi All:
New topic I thought would be fun for today...indicators of very bright or ingenious people.

I have to say I think Pisces should be one of the Sun signs that indicate brilliance, I'll go so far as to say Mercury in Pisces. What do you all think?

I would say conjuncts to Mercury are the strongest indicator, especially to Uranus, or any personal planet.

I like the "out of the box" Quoar conjunct Mercury...my daughter has this and is a gifted artist. Not one for standard education, though.

What are your thoughts?

Love to hear from you!
Hugs!
Maria
BTW, all parents think their child is brilliant. Albeit, as Albert Einstein once said, “everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Everyone brings their own unique brand of genius to the table.
I don’t at all think that mercury in Pisces denotes intellect; my aunt has it and she’s dumber than a box of hair.
If you want to measure your child’s intelligence in a tangible way, have an IQ test administered.

Last edited by Sagcap88; 05-21-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagcap88 View Post
BTW, all parents think their child is brilliant. Albeit, as Albert Einstein once said, “everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
I don’t at all think that mercury in Pisces denotes intellect; my aunt has it and she’s dumber than a box of hair.
If you want to measure your child’s intelligence in a tangible way, have an IQ test administered.
You just proves your point lmao. There are multiple kinds of brilliance Iq only handles intellect, Eq is emotional quotient. I score an average on my iq but my eq espically in the empathy section is particularly above average.
(Sun and A.C. ruler is Jupiter, he is in Pisces so I'm a Pisces dominant. That being said I have an angular Mercury whilst it is more expressive it isn't any stronger.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-21-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
You just proves your point lmao. There are multiple kinds of brilliance Iq only handles intellect, Eq is emotional quotient. I score an average on my iq but my eq espically in the empathy section is particularly above average.
(Sun and A.C. ruler is Jupiter, he is in Pisces so I'm a Pisces dominant. That being said I have an angular Mercury whilst it is more expressive it isn't any stronger.)
What did you mean by I proved my point? I wasn’t sure how you meant that.
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagcap88 View Post
What did you mean by I proved my point? I wasn’t sure how you meant that.
The point is about everyone having there own strong point and that the idea of this is overlooked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Whoam1 For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-21-2018)
Unread 05-21-2018, 09:29 PM

Thanks Whoam!!! ...Someone who gets it!

I wasn't even at first implying my child. She's a Sagittarius.

I think Pisces is overlooked when it comes to depth or intelligence.

My second point was Quaoar is an indicator to talent, not IQ, and to those of you who were mentioning the IQ-I stated this wasn't scholastic or related to education, etc.

I'm talking about people who's creativity (talent) goes down in History it's so unique-Einstein, Paul Mc Cartney, Mohammad Ali. These have conjunct to Pluto and Mercury.

I myself don't have one conjunct, square or even a trine with Quaoar. In fact, I don't personally know anyone who has this Mercury cojunct aspect except my daughter (who additionally has Quaoar conjunct Pluto) -it's rare.

Hope I cleared up my first post-let's keep it on track.

Hugs,
Maria
Unread 05-21-2018, 09:36 PM

"BTW, all parents think their child is brilliant. Albeit, as Albert Einstein once said, “everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
If you want to measure your child’s intelligence in a tangible way, have an IQ test administered."

SagCap-do you know of an IQ test for creative and artistic people? She's 19 and is a breathtaking artist who barely passed high school.

I have been studying astrology for 27 years, my friend. There are patterns that can be seen in the birth charts of others that you can compare to analyze or theorize. That is how these comparisons are made and deducted.
Unread 05-21-2018, 09:58 PM

I never heard of Quaoar, as I’m relatively new to astrology so out of interest I checked it in my chart. It’s conjuct 4/A? Does that mean 4 seconds applying? Mercury, Scorpio 8th house!!! What would that artistic ability show? I’m definitely not a very intelligent person.
It also semi sextiles Uranus 0s!!
Ceres is exact conj Quaoar also and ixion is 1 degree from them-?

Last edited by Pinkybow; 05-21-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:09 PM

Hi there-
Conjuncts are what is important with Quaoar.
Especially to your personal planets (Sun, Moon, Venus, Mercury & Mars). Per my initial post- we are especially focused on Mercury conjunct Quaoar.
Yes, if your Mercury Conjuncts Quaoar-you probably stand out with an "out of the box" type of giftedness. Am I close?

P.S. the tighter the ORBS the better

Last edited by Mj66; 05-21-2018 at 10:11 PM.
Unread 05-21-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Hi there-
Conjuncts are what is important with Quaoar.
Especially to your personal planets (Sun, Moon, Venus, Mercury & Mars). Per my initial post- we are especially focused on Mercury conjunct Quaoar.
Yes, if your Mercury Conjuncts Quaoar-you probably stand out with an "out of the box" type of giftedness. Am I close?

P.S. the tighter the ORBS the better
So if 4 too wide an orb for mercury/Quaoar? I actually don’t know. I’ve no talents really tbh.... I’ve started trying to study astrology to try discover what am I to do with my life- or what am I suppose to be doing!!!
Unread 05-21-2018, 11:07 PM

Hi,
4 degrees is still a pretty tight conjunction.
You may be gifted and hence your talents are many and your real handicap may lie in making a decision on which way to go.
M
Unread 05-21-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Hi,
4 degrees is still a pretty tight conjunction.
You may be gifted and hence your talents are many and your real handicap may lie in making a decision on which way to go.
M

Thank-You.
Unread 05-21-2018, 11:12 PM

Pinky-
Here is a great analogy I found on Quaoar: "Quaoar is not the nerd with his slide ruler. Quaoar is not the pre med student cramming for his organic Chemistry quiz. There is nothing wrong with these people. These people are smart but they are not Quaoar. Quaoar follows no one. He leads. He goes places others will not and can not. Quaoar lives outside the box and that is what makes him brilliant in a jaw dropping, gasping way."
Unread 05-21-2018, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Pinky-
Here is a great analogy I found on Quaoar: "Quaoar is not the nerd with his slide ruler. Quaoar is not the pre med student cramming for his organic Chemistry quiz. There is nothing wrong with these people. These people are smart but they are not Quaoar. Quaoar follows no one. He leads. He goes places others will not and can not. Quaoar lives outside the box and that is what makes him brilliant in a jaw dropping, gasping way."
🙌 Thank you very much- Sorry to ask but I was checking my kids Quaoar just as you do and one of my sons have it conjuct his ascendant 0s.. Will that be intellectually for him?
Unread 05-22-2018, 01:14 AM

If your son has Quaoar conj ASC at 0 degrees that is a benefit! Let's use Albert Einstein as an example, again-he is ASC conjunct Quaoar at 0 degrees-such as your son.
Unread 05-22-2018, 01:24 AM

Quote:
If your son has Quaoar conj ASC at 0 degrees that is a benefit! Let's use Albert Einstein as an example, again-he is ASC conjunct Quaoar at 0 degrees-such as your son.
Wow, Thank You very much for all your information, it has been great. I hadn’t even heard of Quaoar till this evening.... 🙂
The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkybow For This Useful Post:
Mj66 (05-22-2018)
Unread 05-22-2018, 10:41 AM

You're welcome. I hope I helped bring clarity into you and your sons life.
There are societal standards & then there is Quaoar.

Tags
birthchart, brilliance