Moon square Neptune

lilithofeden

Would this indicate a stressful relationship with the natives mother by not seeing her clearly? Or would this indicate the native feels the mother can't see them clearly?

I have this and I feel like my mom has no clue who I really am... Even though I have Venus conjunct -1 degree from my IC which shows I love my family and am active in family events I feel like she has no idea who I really am.

waybread

It could indicate this, but do you want to post your chart? Oftentimes, for example, Neptune squaring a personal planet like the moon (moods, emotions) can indicate substance abuse problems! Most people would happily settle for Mom not understanding them! Your mother is also shown by your MC or IC; and possibly by Venus. I would also look at the planet ruling the moon's house cusp if the sign on it is other than Libra.

I think feeling that your mother doesn't understand you is very common.

Rebel Uranian

My mom doesn't understand me. No one understands me. I don't understand me. It's Pluto's fault! Some things are just part of life. I think it'd take a strong Cancer sign with a weird placement of Neptune and absolutely no Pluto influence and just to be safe take out Uranus to really make someone feel that their mom understands them.

lilithofeden

Yes perhaps it is normal. In fact, I think it's a healthy part of development! It allows us to grow and accept ourselves for who we are. I was just curious if this aspect would cause this to be a life time thing? Or perhaps something entirely different?

Attachments

• equal.png
    equal.png
    28 KB · Views: 49

waybread

Well, nobody understands me! My parents didn't, my siblings, husband, friends, etc., don't understand me. So what? I don't ask them to understand me. Hey, I'm an Aquarian. I'm too busy trying to understand other neat stuff.

Rebel Uranian

To be honest, I really don't want anyone to understand me. That's like a major weak spot to me. I'm not trying to beat up the point, just making myself clear. And yes, I'm also an Aquarian.

Can you post your whole chart, or, if you don't mind, give the time and place so I can pull up all the various things I use?

stainedBlue

I have this aspect in my own chart. It seems to me to be a self-imposed illusion. I perceive my Mother as being unable to see and respond sufficiently to my emotional needs. As of yet, though, I can't say how other things effect the aspect, so maybe it's different for others with this square?

I posted the equal house chart above.

your moon is not only square neptune, it's square uranus to.
it does suggests some confusions, illusions around mother, could be smother loved or emotionally neglected. Sometimes it can be linked to eating disorders. Moon square uranus is linked to broken friendships and relationships to. But uranus/neptune have nothing but afflictions....

I have moon square uranus and moon opp neptune. I'm pretty sure my parents (sun square uranus, sun opp neptune) didn't understand me, but being highly independence Aquarius Asc, Aries Moon, Saggi MC was quite able to look after myself and walked out of home age 16, never looked back.

Mars‑Neptune Square Mars‑Neptune Opposition
Painful things either ignored ie self‑deception, or hypochondriac type, imaginary things (Neptune) Deceive or be deceived

http://astrology.astrozoom.com/index.php?title=NEPTUNE_PARALLEL%2C_CONJUNCTION%2C_SQUARE_OR_OPPOSITION_TO_MARS

mars opp uranus can be bad temper

Mars and Uranus excites to competition and arouses others to challenge you. You're demanding and authoritative. You thrive on argument, even when you aren't serious about it. Because of these assertive leanings, you can make an excellent salesperson, but you may have some problems with human relations. You don't tolerate restrictions of your freedom and mobility, needing to be constantly on the move. You may be attracted to hazardous activities such as flying, racing, exploring, or mountain climbing
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsaspects.html#maour
to read the full article, click on link

lilithofeden

Thank you for your replies

Hmm yes anything painful I tend to ignore/repress and I don't think my unaspected sun helps.. But it does help control it I guess. I don't think I would be a good sales person at all and in fact I think humanities is a perfect job area for me! But I have been told that I transition to being fine and happy to being mad in minutes and without a real reason which is probably mars opp nep/uranus.

My dad is my best friend but my mom I've always had a tensed relationship!

Rebel Uranian

Right now I'm using an experimental technique that I've found to be quite accurate on my own chart. Tell me how much of this describes you:

Do you think you have to submit to people, especially your mother?
Was your mother detached, and did she make you work a lot?
Are you good at critical thinking, maybe to the point of actually being critical?
Are you extremely sensitive?
Are you talented and complacent?
Are you obsessive?
Do you ever manipulate people or things? (This can be really mild. I have similar aspects using this method.)
Are you consistently very optimistic and lucky, but also know how to work hard?
Do you have hopes of being on stage, and/or illusions about your future career?
Do you find your originality restrained?
Are you artistic?
Are your gut feelings almost always right?

I'm not even sure if these are good interpretations of the aspects, so don't get mad at me if I did something wrong. As I said, I'm just experimenting with something I found to be true in one case.

Love2Know

Would this indicate a stressful relationship with the natives mother by not seeing her clearly? Or would this indicate the native feels the mother can't see them clearly?

I have this and I feel like my mom has no clue who I really am... Even though I have Venus conjunct -1 degree from my IC which shows I love my family and am active in family events I feel like she has no idea who I really am.

My brother has this, my mom totally treats him like a king but can be really intense. Also, he has gained a lot of weight and stuff, So either she doesnt understand you or you feel like she doesnt understand you and can come off overbearing.

Moon square Neptune
The square formed between the Moon and Neptune suggests you have difficulty separating fact and fiction. You may be artistic talent, but reality and imagination often blur. You try to adjust reality to fit your emotional view of the matter. When this is not possible there is usually an effort to escape or avoid confrontation. You feel that you are persecuted by your responsibilities at home or at work. You may try to escape or reject them. There is a need to examine situations intellectually instead of emotionally, and then to make fair and firm judgments. There is a naive charm to your character. Yet your impractical approach to problems can impede your progress until you get your feet more firmly planted on the ground.http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonaspects.html

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

My brother has this, my mom totally treats him like a king but can be really intense. Also, he has gained a lot of weight and stuff, So either she doesnt understand you or you feel like she doesnt understand you and can come off overbearing.

The "intense" and "overbearing" parts make me think there might be Pluto or at least Mars involvement in your brother's aspect.

lilithofeden

Right now I'm using an experimental technique that I've found to be quite accurate on my own chart. Tell me how much of this describes you:

Do you think you have to submit to people, especially your mother?

--For the most part yes.

Was your mother detached, and did she make you work a lot?

--yes but it also didn't help that I chose to live with my dad after they seperated

Are you good at critical thinking, maybe to the point of actually being critical?

--Yes

Are you extremely sensitive?

--Umm I wouldn't say extremely.. Maybe when it comes to certain things.. Idk lol

Are you talented and complacent?

--umm not really.. I can be complacent though

Are you obsessive?

--I can be

Do you ever manipulate people or things? (This can be really mild. I have similar aspects using this method.)

--When I am mad I tend to, and I try not to when I realize it

Are you consistently very optimistic and lucky, but also know how to work hard?

--Umm I try to be positive but I'm always being told I focus on the negative? I don't think I do... I'm extremely undecisive though!!!! Lucky.. Well in terms of gambelling I never get lucky!

Do you have hopes of being on stage, and/or illusions about your future career?

--Umm well not really. I'm not sure what I want to do yet (indecisivness!!!!)

Do you find your originality restrained?

--No

Are you artistic?

--I appreciate it but not that great at creating it

Are your gut feelings almost always right?

--Yes I think so

I'm not even sure if these are good interpretations of the aspects, so don't get mad at me if I did something wrong. As I said, I'm just experimenting with something I found to be true in one case.

As you can (or may nt) see I'm very undecisive.. I'm not confident when answering questions about myself or things I should know about personal questions.

lilithofeden

Moon square Neptune
The square formed between the Moon and Neptune suggests you have difficulty separating fact and fiction. You may be artistic talent, but reality and imagination often blur. You try to adjust reality to fit your emotional view of the matter. When this is not possible there is usually an effort to escape or avoid confrontation. You feel that you are persecuted by your responsibilities at home or at work. You may try to escape or reject them. There is a need to examine situations intellectually instead of emotionally, and then to make fair and firm judgments. There is a naive charm to your character. Yet your impractical approach to problems can impede your progress until you get your feet more firmly planted on the ground.http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moonaspects.html

Hmm yes this seems to be somewhat true. I'm so naïve! I was told in the medical forum this aspect is probably why I have HORRIBLE memory! I do things without paying attention I guess and so I don't remember where I put things, what I say/think etc..

Rebel Uranian

All those questions were based on the 13th harmonic, but you'll probably have better interpretations of aspects than me. In the 13th harmonic you have Saturn conjunct Uranus. I think I was right on the Moon close conjunct Venus interpretation. My actual placement Moon is conjunct my dodek (13th harmonic) Venus, which sort of scares me, especially being in the sign of passivity/femininity, but I think the Mars square and freakish Boomerang Yod of God really mess that one up for me.

lilithofeden

I'm interested in harmonics but have no clue about them! Are they the same descrptions like a natal? What does the 13th represent?

waybread

There have been several threads on harmonics on this forum--hopefully you can find them. It's best to get some level of mastery in "Astrology 101", though, before you get into harmonics (Astrology 301 or 401) because they requires a higher level of abstraction in using astrological symbols. If people are still trying to get their heads around all of the data bytes on the regular natal chart, looking at harmonic charts probably is premature.

Essentially harmonics are like aspects. The 13H chart is the same as dividing 360/13. Where you see conjunctions in a harmonic chart that you don't see in the natal (or radix, or 1H chart) you basically have the aspect/harmonic in question. Some astrologers think the 13H chart sums up the natal chart with a different perspective; others attribute a degree of Uranian disruption to both the 11H and 13H chart.

The 2H chart simply indicates oppositions; the 3H chart, trines; the 4H chart squares; the 5H chart, quintiles; the 6H chart sextiles, the 7H chart, septiles;and so on.

But there are no houses in harmonic charts, and many astrologers think signs are worthless, as well, because these charts really are abstractions. Then you would read aspects sort of in the same way; except in recognizing that you view them through the lens of whatever the root meaning is of the harmonic in question. For example, if a 13H chart shows some rebel or disruptive proclivities, a square would show how the involved planets feel sufficiently stressed or challenged that they need to manifest their energy in some way.

Some people do not resonate to particular harmonic charts. If you cast them and see no conjunctions, then the individual really doesn't have the aspect in question.

You can create charts for whatever harmonic you want on the Astrodienst "free charts" pages.

Vedic astrology also uses harmonic charts, but I've not studied this system.

waybread, very nice simple explanations. I agree when learning astrology it's better to start with basics (which are plenty) then work upwards. Also you could research declinations in parallels, midpoints and all sorts of things.....

VenusInTaurus

It could indicate this, but do you want to post your chart? Oftentimes, for example, Neptune squaring a personal planet like the moon (moods, emotions) can indicate substance abuse problems! Most people would happily settle for Mom not understanding them! Your mother is also shown by your MC or IC; and possibly by Venus. I would also look at the planet ruling the moon's house cusp if the sign on it is other than Libra.

I think feeling that your mother doesn't understand you is very common.

Would any aspect between Moon and Neptune indicate substance abuse problems? My Moon conjuncts Neptune. :whistling: